• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

http://times-herald.com/news/2016/07/cemeteries-are-a-no-go-for-pokémon-go

My local county has banned Pokemon (and other phone games) from the public cemeteries. I understand not wanting a bunch of kids crowding the plots and preventing loved ones from visiting their deceased. But, they allow other recreational activities like biking, jogging, and rollerblading in the cemetery. There is even a county sponsored walking tour through the area.

That's indeed unfair since they allow other activities.

jennetics

Now that the servers are fully running, I feel like an idiot running back to PoGo. Like a person running back their abusive SO (maybe a little dramatic, I know).

I haven't played my PS4 in so long. I'm kind of regretting wasting all my time on this thing.

big_erk

Nope you can't. But you get plenty from pokestop, I have right now 133 pokeball and 93 great balls only from pokestop.

Do you have extra inventory or do you just dump the potions and what not. I'm up against my inventory ceiling with potions and revives. I've dumped hundreds of potions. Wish they would let us trade them for other items.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Now that the servers are fully running, I feel like an idiot running back to PoGo. Like a person running back their abusive SO (maybe a little dramatic, I know).

I haven't played my PS4 in so long. I'm kind of regretting wasting all my time on this thing.
so stop. i mean what is really going on here.

I'm sure the servers aren't stable "for good" yet anyway.

What the hell did I just catch

55ca0bacc03d200b8bf86fe47ebf9b32.jpg

Do you have extra inventory or do you just dump the potions and what not. I'm up against my inventory ceiling with potions and revives. I've dumped hundreds of potions. Wish they would let us trade them for other items.
Heh, yeah agreed to some degree. I'm not a fan of gym stuff and capture stuff fighting for my bag space like this but I almost think having seperate 'bags' for the two activities would be less annoying than having to trade stuff about :p

Chaos17

I started 2 days ago, I really like it.
Most of my coworkers are playing it and we have great fun.

I have a walk to do after work with a lot of poke-stops on the way, it should be a great time for catching pokemons, I hope the servers won't be saturated...

Be sure to checl server health statut before using any cash shop items or plan to go out. http://ispokemongodownornot.com/

Pretty accurate in general.

big_erk

monsters_zpsv5c9ewzn.jpg

"Make me feel good!"

I'm either really really unlucky or the infinite incense trick doesn't actually work. (If you dont know you go to your devices settings, turn off the auto date and time, pop an incense then wait 20 minutes or so and set your devices clock back 20 minutes or so and repeat as much as you want).

Anyway the incense timer will indeed reset, but you will not get any Pokemon to show up, so it's worthless to do it and probably stupid because you'll waste your time and possibly risk a ban.

TL;DR don't bother with the infinite incense trick, it does not work.

I'm either really really unlucky or the infinite incense trick doesn't actually work. (If you dont know you go to your devices settings, turn off the auto date and time, pop an incense then wait 20 minutes or so and set your devices clock back 20 minutes or so and repeat as much as you want).

Anyway the incense timer will indeed reset, but you will not get any Pokemon to show up, so it's worthless to do it and probably stupid because you'll waste your time and possibly risk a ban.

TL;DR don't bother with the infinite incense trick, it does not work.

Some people....

Firemind

wait you can only get the defender rewards every 21 hours regardless when you take over gyms? how the hell can you defend several gyms while walking to the next gym? lmao seems like you need a car to actually amass coins and then you still need to get lucky nobody trolls you.

wait you can only get the defender rewards every 21 hours regardless when you take over gyms? how the hell can you defend several gyms while walking to the next gym? lmao seems like you need a car to actually amass coins and then you still need to get lucky nobody trolls you.
It caps out at 10 gyms at a time for the 21 hour reward, right?

So the game's assuming you live downtown and can easily walk from gym to gym.

Hiz_95

I have a 421 evee and it's going to be my Rainer, I'll evolve it when my next lucky egg batch is ready, a few more weedles and pidgeys to go

I was doing a mass evolution session and accidentally transferred my 476 eevee when I wasn't paying enough attention.
My immediate thought was
"reload the game, wait you can't do that, fuck"

Does the lure module and incense stack? I assume yes?

Even if they do, it's certainly not worth going out of your way to use both. Incense works a lot better if you're on the move, so hanging around at a Pokestop lure is a waste. Might as well use the Incense after when you're ready to move on.

Had a pretty good 10K egg hatch which leveled me up to 21. Contained my first Scyther:
Nice! Assuming you haven't upgraded it before that picture it's got 88.9% perfect IVs :D

It caps out at 10 gyms at a time for the 21 hour reward, right?

So the game's assuming you live downtown and can easily walk from gym to gym.
10 is max as far as I know, yes.
The game's really just assuming that you want to play chicken with whether the previous gyms will still be yours by the time you take the next one. If you're out of town you're more likely to actually be able to hold a gym for longer while in towns they change hands at such rapid speed sometimes it's kind of crazy :p

Fully running? My friends and I couldn't play this for near 90 minutes yesteday. And then this morning I was having issues I finally decided to walk away from playing it for a few weeks while they try to figure stuff out. I'm sick of it not working and wasting my time.

Waldini

So .. guys, what are alternative sites to PokeVision? It looks to be pretty good ... but I missed 2 Pikachu's :(

There's a Pikachu that spawns here every hour or so ... the Pokemon-Go app states its close (it's the first Pokemon in the row) ... yet, when I click Pokevision and select my location it says nothing...

Any alternatives? Yes ... I know. I've succumbed to these ways of catching Pokemon too :(

I had pokemon in 3 gyms for three days. Just lucky with finding three unpopular gyms. Then I take over 1 or 2 more for a few minutes and hit the loot button. Then I don't care if it's taken back.

If you're walking or whatever, you'd wanta group of three since a new gym can instantly load up three pokemon.

Biske

Driving is key. Also the right time, like 4-5 am when folks are sleeping and targeting the gyms with less traffic. On foot, during the day you are lucky to hold a gym for a few minutes sometimes

I'm still having so much trouble finding new Pokémon. I am going all over the place, including across state lines, and I have yet to find any of the mythical locations that spawn different Pokémon. It's just the usual vermin everywhere I go.

At level 20, my Pokédex is at 76/76. The vast majority of these Pokémon came from hatching eggs and evolving them. Once I have these Pokémon, they will occasionally appear on my radar, but I will never actually find them.

10 is max as far as I know, yes.
The game's really just assuming that you want to play chicken with whether the previous gyms will still be yours by the time you take the next one. If you're out of town you're more likely to actually be able to hold a gym for longer while in towns they change hands at such rapid speed sometimes it's kind of crazy :p

Most gyms I gotten was 7, but on my way to get into more I already was kicked out of one gym already and decided to stop and got the 6 rewards.

I think its pretty difficult to control 10 gyms because you need to find gyms you can either take over (thats what you usually do) or find one that still have a free spot(rare) or find ones you can quickly level up in order to get another spot(rare).

And then you have to place strong pokemon in there so that you don't lose them again quickly, but you need to make sure that you still have enough strong pokemon to take over other gyms.

In bigger cities is practically impossible to get 10 gyms because there is always someone coming along kicking you out.
In very rural areas its hard to find 10 gyms that you can take over or that still have free spots.
So the sweetspot should in semi-rural areas where you can easily reach enough gyms within 30-60mins but not so much going on that you'll lose gyms again quickly.
Also 3-5AM should be the best time if you want to get a lot of gyms.

Feels like the game is dying fast, at least where I live. The handful of gyms we have aren't being contested very often anymore. I haven't seen anyone out playing it anymore, despite seeing a ton before. I haven't seen anyone drop a lure at any of the handful of pokestops we have in a while. Hell, I haven't even turned on the app outside of my morning walk, even then it just sits in my pocket to track KM.

gutshot

Accidentally placed a CP 42 Magikarp in a gym last night and it's still there, haha! Only 45 mins left until I collect rewards from it.

Tambini

Went on a 30 minute walk and all I found was one Weedle. Then my egg hatched and guess what I got...
another Weedle

That's the status it hatched in. :)
Coolies, in that case I can tell you it has 12 attack, 15 defence and 13 stamina :3
(stats are in the range 0-15 so your scyther has the best possible defence stat it could have.) It's also level 20 so it's halfway to absolute max level :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like the game is dying fast, at least where I live. The handful of gyms we have aren't being contested very often anymore. I haven't seen anyone out playing it anymore, despite seeing a ton. I haven't seen anyone drop a lure at any of the handful of pokestops we have in a while. Hell, I haven't even turned on the app outside of my morning walk, even then it just sits in my pocket to track KM.

Noticing the same; the server issues are beginning to purge the userbase.

thaOwner

Sweet. There is a park in munich were a lot of Exeggcute roam around. Will go there tomorrow.

Now I need to find a place where Dratinis like to hang out :D
I'm the same boat. I have an 842 Dragonair and only 11 candies. Want to max it's CP depending on what my trainer level permits. I'm level 22 now and just need 50K exp to reach 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom