• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you help defend a gym? I'm only given the option to train.

Unfortunately you can't actively defend a gym. The best I've been able to do consistently is get +500 prestige per training session. Attackers can knock off 2000-3000 prestige per attack session. So at that rate it's impossible to keep up unless you have 4-6 active defenders for each active attacker.

Personally I wish they made it a lot harder to attack gyms. As in, impossible or close to impossible if you don't have a Pokemon within a close CP range of the gym leader. As it is, you can easily take any gym even if the gym leader's CP is way over your best CP. Pretty lame IMO.

Brinbe

As long as we're sharing hilariously weak Pokémon.
QS0qXpD.png

ViciousDS

Banned
OMG

Pokevision is performing maintenance and improving quality of their website before Niantic does on the official servers.....this is just fucking sad.

We're currently undergoing a short maintenance window to improve the quality of the service we provide for you! Everything should be completed shortly.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Unfortunately you can't actively defend a gym. The best I've been able to do consistently is get +500 prestige per training session. Attackers can knock off 2000-3000 prestige per attack session. So at that rate it's impossible to keep up unless you have 4-6 active defenders for each active attacker.

Personally I wish they made it a lot harder to attack gyms. As in, impossible or close to impossible if you don't have a Pokemon within a close CP range of the gym leader. As it is, you can easily take any gym even if the gym leader's CP is way over your best CP. Pretty lame IMO.

that would probably only serve to frustrate majority of players, since most probably have no hope in matching someone's op snorlax.

revamped battle system is the only way to go.

Wait, there are EVs and IVs in this game???

Can anyone confirm?
http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-stats-advanced#ivs

There's also a ton of topics about this on the pokemongo and silphroad reddits

My GPS wigged out and hatched an egg for me:

Is this guy worth sinking stardust into, or should I hold out for another one?
It could be decent, it's got an IV range of 35% to 84% perfect and steel wing is a good normal attack for it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I fucking hate this game with a passion.

Sadly.....I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that. I have to read step by step guides to literally do anything involving Python, scripts, linux and other shit

Same, but I got it up and running man. Like I said, I was shocked I even got it working. lol

It's really worth the extra effort, just helped me find that Wartortle, a Slowpoke, Rhyhorn and Ponytta today!

CRA5H

Last night, a high cp Squirtle ran way after 1 berry with a great ball. I became sad.

I see an even higher one today and decided to use a berry and an ultra ball. It escapes.
I give it another berry and throw another ultra ball. It escapes and flees. Anger ensues.

A 1000 jynx pops up. I throw 1 great ball. Captured.

What in the F*$!% just happened?

Toki767

Last night, a high cp Squirtle ran way after 1 berry with a great ball. I became sad.

I see an even higher one today and decided to use a berry and an ultra ball. It escapes.
I give it another berry and throw another ultra ball. It escapes and flees. Anger ensues.

Sounds like a Pokemon game to me.

Nice!

Still haven't seen a Jynx. Although a Squirtle fled on me last night, and in the very same spot today the Wartortle showed up, so it's funny to think that's the same one evolved and I got it this time :D

Lucky! Still haven't found one, sitting only a few XP below 20.

Love the Mr. Peanie avatar by the way. Clone High was too short-lived.

Hopefully you run into a lot soon! And Clone High was a fun show, it's crazy to see just how much Lord and Miller have achieved since then.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This is extremely stupid but are you supposed to wait until the the circle is big or small to throw the Pokeball? In the instructions it says to throw when the diameter is smallest but it says "Nice!" when it's big.

You are so diehard I love it.

I've been looking at Team Mystic hats but I can't find one I like enough.

Yeah I told people that as someone who spent way too much time on Smogon and completed the X&Y national pokedex, and even had a Pokémon themed PC in college, I was done obsessing about Pokémon for a bit.

But, after a couple days I gave in. Now I'm IN, despite not having any stops near my home or work so I have to drive to play in any capacity.

The outfit is kind of just parts I found on Amazon, but it'll make me look the part a bit more. Basically it's these:

And then the Pokeball prop to top it all off. I know this game won't be as big for long, so I'm riding the hype train.

I don't think I have ever spend so much time playing a game with so many bugs.
It's unreal.

But when it works it's magic.

Yeah, it's crazy how fun the feedback loop is.

7) "Watch out for suspicious cowboys while you are catching Pokémon."

IT'S HIGH NOON.

BUT I NEED THIS LAPRAS!

This is extremely stupid but are you supposed to wait until the the circle is big or small to throw the Pokeball? In the instructions it says to throw when the diameter is smallest but it says "Nice!" when it's big.
Hopefully this can answer your question plus flesh out some of the less obvious parts of capturing: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/how-to-throw-a-Pokeball :D

The outfit is kind of just parts I found on Amazon, but it'll make me look the part a bit more. Basically it's these:
~Team big bird uniform~

And then the Pokeball prop to top it all off. I know this game won't be as big for long, so I'm riding the hype train.
Good thing you're not team valour then, or you'd be the first person to die in any star trek episode :p

Ultryx

You get those bonuses when the Poke Ball hits inside that circle. It's easier to get a bonus like that when the circle is larger, but your chances of capturing a Pokemon are their highest when the circle is the smallest.

NeonBlack

The smaller the circle the higher your success rate. Nice, Great, or Excellent. Now getting your pokeball inside those circles is another story.

DigtialT

Man, Niantic is really screwing the pooch here in my opinion. Absolutely no communication to the fans to let them know anything.

gutshot

Just a heads up, but the servers completely crapped out around 2 PM Eastern on both the last two days. That means you may want to wait before popping any lucky eggs, incense or lures right now.

PSFan

Okay, Niantic really need to turn down the Pidgeys and Rattatas. It's getting to be that those are all I see most of the time. Seeing the same Pokemon all the time like this is another thing that could start turning people off of the game.

We get that those are supposed to be the common ones, but it really seems like they are becoming TOO common. Especially with the radar still broken. I saw a Charmander in the upper left spot earlier today but he was nowhere near, and pretty much only Pidgeys and Rattatas popped.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think I'll get banned if I have a rooted Android phone? Rooted my phone even before I've installed PoGo for the first time and haven't been soft banned yet.

Okay, Niantic really need to turn down the Pidgeys and Rattatas. It's getting to be that those are all I see most of the time. Seeing the same Pokemon all the time like this is another thing that could start turning people off of the game.

We get that those are supposed to be the common ones, but it really seems like they are becoming TOO common. Especially with the radar still broken. I saw a Charmander in the upper left spot earlier today but he was nowhere near, and pretty much only Pidgeys and Rattatas popped.

The evolve fodder though. Got 20 pidgeys ready to pop, just waiting until I hit 30-40 of them.

Do you guys think I'll get banned if I have a rooted Android phone? Rooted my phone even before I've installed PoGo for the first time and haven't been soft banned yet.

Nah you shouldn't, as long as you don't use the rooted aspects of the phone to cheat.

Cynar

It would be worse if gyms didn't change hands. This is more accessible to all.

Noaloha

Lost a couple of new sightings today. An Abra who didn't wait around very long at all and then immediately afterwards, just a minute up the same street, a big, shiny, beautiful Ninetails. And she was incredibly fucking hard to catch (at least with my normal ass normal balls). I was going at it for ages. Aside from the unwanted ball curving and general reluctance to stay in a ball, the one thing which made her especially difficult was that the game put her 'further away' from me if that makes sense. I had to use practically my whole screen's vertical space to throw the ball so that it didn't land in front of her, which took a fair few attempts to adjust to. Shame she ran.

ViciousDS

Banned

just make sure mock location is off in the Dev options even if you are not using it to fake your GPS

Cynar

Welcome to Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom