• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is PTC still down?
Where are you based Chinner? If you're in the EU or US this site can tell you (login servers along the bottom, with PTC on the right) http://ispokemongodownornot.com/
If you're not in those two domains, I guess you could look at http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go but I'm not entirely convinced this one is accurate to the same degree :/ (especially as it shows the japanese servers as 'postponed' despite them already launching yesterday XD )

Furthermore, I've read that it doesn't notify you if a new Pokemon comes into range. Just ones you've already caught. Which is outrageous.
I'm inclined to think it'll probably still notify you if find a new pokemon, it just won't let you auto-catch them via the pokemon go plus and instead require you to pull your phone out and capture it manually. I could be wrong though as that's just an educated guess on my part :3

edit: oh! the preview didn't show my post as the last one so I thought someone had already beat me to double posting, else I would've just edited this into my previous reply. Sorry about that peeps :eek:

Bah, starting to think I should have just used my Google account to log in with this game but I didn't want to tie it to my account. Oh well. Guess I will wait for the PTC servers to not be destroyed

Hystzen

Man feels like fodder Pokemon are broken today CP wise every pidgey,rattata,weedle and caterpie are 10CP. It been like that past 2 hours was trying prep a lucky egg ,10km egg and pidgey Evo exp boost

Man feels like fodder Pokemon are broken today CP wise every pidgey,rattata,weedle and caterpie are 10CP. It been like that past 2 hours was trying prep a lucky egg ,10km egg and pidgey Evo exp boost
That's a good thing if you're just farming for your lucky egg grinder. They'll all be super easy to catch! :D

I missed the chance to catch a Jolteon by my house because the tracker was broken. The pokevision website was also no help because it went down for maintenance at the same time the Jolteon popped up. =(

Strangely it says PTC servers are up but I cannot get in still in the US.
It was down when I posted the link so if they're up they only just came up. Give it another shot now and hopefully it'll be good. It takes a lil time from a server going up to it actually 'working' sometimes :3

Jamiaro

Can someone please use some magic and tell me if there are any rare pokemons in central Porvoo, Finland in the near future? 😄

Any pics from Japan launch yet?
Tokyo
V8fDX5H.png

John Dunbar

correct about everything
how are people getting pokevision to work? when i try i always get the message "Unable to scan for pokemon, retrying in 30 seconds. If this continues to fail then the Pokemon servers are currently unstable or offline." and nothing happens.

Kamek

MY 10 KM EGG GAVE ME A WEEDLE. WEEDLE WASNT ON THE CHART FOR 10 KM. WHAT JUST HAPPENED. ITS BEEN MY ONLY 10 KM EGG SO FAR

how are people getting pokevision to work? when i try i always get the message "Unable to scan for pokemon, retrying in 30 seconds. If this continues to fail then the Pokemon servers are currently unstable or offline." and nothing happens.
I think that's the python script rather than pokevision :eek:

MY 10 KM EGG GAVE ME A WEEDLE. WEEDLE WASNT ON THE CHART FOR 10 KM. WHAT JUST HAPPENED. ITS BEEN MY ONLY 10 KM EGG SO FAR
Sadly the higher km eggs actually include the pokemon from the lower eggs too :s

Cytezan

Using the Python method and connecting to the API yourself. It works much better.

Lexxism

I remember someone posted an image on how to fight in a gym properly. Can someone link me to the image posted here? Thank you.

I remember someone posted an image on how to fight in a gym properly. Can someone link me to the image posted here? Thank you.

I don't recall any images, though I do remember people posting some youtube vids about it mayhaps?

Unless you mean my post a while back about dodging and damage windows? :eek:
This as interesting to anyone else as it is to me? :p

nlcRS9m.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4tunmf/i_made_this_infographic_to_try_to_visually/

Some tidbits from the thread:
* person who made the pic didn't know the actual timeframe from flash to the start of the attack but it's apparently 0.2s for quick attacks.
* the attack 'Blizzard' is apparently too long to actually fully dodge :eek:

I'm still baffled that the sytem is real time, or at least so rapid considering how likely lag/latency is and how cruddy touch controls can be for this sort of thing :p

Level 16 my one 10k egg was an onix but he kind of fucking sucks right now.

I need to start hunting eevees to actualy put a dent in some of the gyms around me.

CoolOff

The Vaporeon dominance is really dumb. I need to level a good counter, my Electabuzz is way too low and with a Fighting-ability.

Damn, there is an aerodactyl opposite my work but having a look at pokevision it will despawn in 3 minutes and i have only just come back from lunch :(

Why must you do this pokegod? Why?!?!?

T.O.P

Banned
Off course the first Pikachu to appear for me it's 50mts from my house meanwhile i'm stucked at work

FUCK

I've been trying so damn hard to find one

Are you sure ? I've read no such statement elsewhere.
Hmmm... I thought I'd seen people mention this a few times, but I'll have a hard look about to see what i can find for sure.

My intial skim search only turned this up: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/15...sory-everything-you-need-to-know?story_page=2
Even though the accessory can make use of the Pokemon Go app without actually bringing the phone out, there is a bit of a caveat with its compatibility with smart devices. You'll have to keep the Bluetooth active on your phone, as noted by iDigital Times. It might also be wise to put the phone in low-battery mode while the app is open so that the Pokemon Go Plus can still access the game and capture Pokemon while you're out and about around town. If you're using a newer phone that suffers from quick battery drain, it's something to keep in mind if you plan on getting the Pokemon Go Plus.

I'll edit my original post and post again here if it turns out I'm wrong. If anyone can either correct or corroborate this for me i'd appreciate it though :3

Bit more digging:

http://www.imore.com/pokemon-go
But do you need the wearable to enjoy the game? Not particularly. Your device still needs to be running Pokémon Go in the foreground, so you're not saving much battery life, and you'll get those vibrations from your iPhone or Android device, anyway.

http://nintendowire.com/blog/2016/07/18/what-the-heck-is-the-pokemon-go-plus/
The big question on everyone’s mind is, “Does the app need to be running in order to use this device?” The answer to that is currently unknown – but likely, yes. No official information has been released thus far by The Pokémon Company or the game’s developer, Niantic, on what’s required to use this device, but currently, Pokémon GO asks that the app be open in order to capture steps, catch Pokémon, and collect items from Poké Stops. - See more at: http://nintendowire.com/blog/2016/07/18/what-the-heck-is-the-pokemon-go-plus/#sthash.1vL9kFTu.dpuf

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pok-mon-plus-wearable-wristbands-151624344.html
The wearable wristband notifies users of nearby Pokémon characters that can be collected. The device vibrates and a user can tap a button on the wearable to throw a Poké ball and catch a Pokémon lurking nearby.

The game itself does not send push notifications to a user's locked screen, and the only way to be notified of a Pokémon's appearance is to make use of the battery saver mode and leave the app running.

I've seen a few that seem to think you won't need the app running in the foreground to use plus though. Make of that what you will :eek:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, looks like the game was up (and pretty smooth from my perspective) for 7/21 solid, then down from 4:00am-7:00am EST. Seems snappy again for the moment now. I was expected worse from the Japan launch so hopefully their scalability is improving.

Poona

They should release a new pokemon from sun and moon on pokemon go without telling anyone. People would go absolutely crazy trying to catch it, and it would be a good way to spread the word about the 3ds games to mobile players.

Probably should fix the tracker before they start adding anything like that.

GulAtiCa

Damn. Saw a Dratini near me. Looked it up on the Pokevision to see where it was. Had only 1 minute left! Ran out to where it was, since was close. But I was too late. :(

akileese

The only GPS spoofing defending I was doing and saw were those who used it to obtain Pokeballs from Pokestops, not people spoofing themselves to other countries to take over gyms and whatnot.

My buddies and I created dummy accounts to spoof just to see what the situation was like in really high populated areas like central park. More of a testing ground than anything else to try and confirm some suspicions about rarity vs user density. Our findings definitely showed a direct correlation between the two. Managed to hit level 10 and get nearly 50 unique in about an hour. The variation is what blew my mind. You see every type regardless of the location. It definitely led some credence to the theory that the more people you have in the area, the more varied and rare the types of pokemon you see.

Honestly, I can't see the fun in playing like that. It gets so boring. It also just made me irritated that I was getting things at such a low level that I'd never even see in my current area.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soloed a level 4 Valor gym with all 1000+ pokes last night with no 1000+ pokes of my own. Took a long while but was pretty satisfying. Gyms around here flip like crazy so I was actually kind of proud I didn't get interrupted.

Left the customary message:

MajorMane

There's a squirtle on my nearby list at work, but pokevision only shows a pidgey and an eevee. I wish I could find this damn thing

Yeah, Pokevision isn't that great (compared to other options). It's usually getting swamped with people and it doesn't even show all the Pokemon that using say the Python script does.

Message or quote me with coordinates, I might be able to help out.

i really feel the best pokemon spawn early in the morning and late at night. been using the python script and in the middle of the day i dont really see many great pokemon. couldve had 5 snorlaxs if i werent to lazy to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom