• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I could do with seeing a bit less Magikarp honestly...
4pXqy97sCykvjMnLJCPiUmYvXHAZ09CZvVs7H6qFls6Irzj66duXOs9UHGnKpL-CxXMkRz40bsWne7Ru5UkDcRLH9gKB25UTIMKqJxWmJB1iPm1tbRqgNieNLoU2YDc3xvX6QMd8SFL_fXcaCS-Js9uUA3L6jrUhkcB-MWTsNXjeiSDDv7aspJdFydJZnTvqapdr7Mo07GP1G9uqZb3GLOMpVQSVtWBVlxePCIjUKWsOvGh-5teiPujTHbm_8XkEhmuvM4miyPXAJ2mCmBfN8c3srrHrQL0bCHO1PczIaM-f8GYVd-x54FUTXPQmsmgHyDk-R5fPIG2C5IJvJGUmJ6TF0n2jsB8ijGedNa3e2Jh6i7H0etTrbG-Uou2iVdyTNk0-gIv88Pkpq7mqqqV9IRKvuQ_lclCXh6T5zL_wjPfbIgp1KhvE480verCBYlKvQ0sf-ilYowuksZ-sbF6_SO-VIFINtX_ZQ4nuKRO6YX9p59E00ViDR83Oufs7180m8Kek7e0qr-HPIvfIEEwFby2FA45LBjQrNFJsqSoGkM9f0Qxpm0P3bjDX7w-vx1YW1fMqvAcj7eWzAGdZCY-hofaZT4sL0vA=w750-h1334-no

Arrrammis

Using the ingress map to find stops. They're the blue dots, right?

Not all of the ingress portals are pokestops, but all of the pokestops and gyms are ingress portals. If there's not any portals in an area, then there won't be any pokestops or gyms.

So is the nearby footprints thing broken for everybody right now?

Is there any kind of work around besides just walking until something falls totally off your radar?

There is no in-app work around, you just have to get lucky. Or use the python script/Pokevision.com and get the exact location of all pokemon around you, which kind of kills the fun IMO.

Joqu

The thing that seems especially off about the rarity in highly populated areas thing to me is that... I live in one.. and yet we don't have any such variety here. Sure, I don't live in New York or whatever, we're merely talking center of a major Belgian city here, but if this place isn't good enough for Go's Pokemon distribution standards I can't imagine anything is around here. That just sucks, it wouldn't even be worth it for people in more rural areas to come over here outside of for the sight increase in stops.

They really ought to do something both for rural areas and whatever you'd call where I'm at. A major city by local standards that isn't considered to be important enough by Go's standards I guess. Whatever.

I'm not exaggerating here. I walked a LOT today. Nothing even remotely interesting ever showed up using the tracker workaround. Pidgey, spearow, rattata and the occasional gastly, and even that stuff was ridiculously far and few between. I used an incense for nothing, I could barely tell the difference. Lots of monuments around here without Pokestops too, I'm assuming Ingress wasn't much of a thing over here. And it's not just me, lots of people around me have been complaining.

My ill nephew loves this, he rarely goes out except to hospital, but damn he has been out two days in a row, good stuff. The more walking he does the better for his lungs so long may it continue. As for me I gave up Pokémon a long time ago.

Qwark

So I dismissed this at first since I thought it was a normal thing, but I've never seen it again so I think it was actually not intended.

jQSnbtE.png

What the bejeezus does this mean?

Pretty sure that's placeholder text and it bugged out. Others have reported that too, but it goes away and hatches normally.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It isn't placeholder text. Get any kind of butter (though Kerrygold Unsalted works best) and rub it all over your screen while the egg is showing. This will increase your hatch rate by 1.5-1.8 times

Salaadin

Not all of the ingress portals are pokestops, but all of the pokestops and gyms are ingress portals. If there's not any portals in an area, then there won't be any pokestops or gyms
Hmm ok, thanks. Found a park area with over 10 ingress portals. Even if half of them are stops, I'll be happy. Might go for a drive tomorrow

Oersted

Have been sitting here for about an hour with free electricity and free Wifi between 3 Pokestops, all with activated lures.

70 Pokemon, about 10 new ones.

Can't complain.

got a walmart gift card so i used it to buy google play money, bought a shit ton of incubater. sick of these 5km eggs, figured i will finally get more 10km when everything hatches

Pachimari

Man I go around the whole city of Copenhagen, and have even taken the train to a few towns outside, and I'm still at 54 Pokémon...

draw4wild

Pokevision always loading into the Santa Monica Pier and seeing the variety of Pokemon is such a slap in the face. I spent about an hour at work just looking at major cities and getting depressed.

Iceman829

Yeah, Pokevision isn't that great (compared to other options). It's usually getting swamped with people and it doesn't even show all the Pokemon that using say the Python script does.

Message or quote me with coordinates, I might be able to help out.

Thanks for willing to search before. I'm sure the squirtle is long gone by now. I had to close the app and when it reopened just about everything dropped off my list. I'll have to get the python script working later on my laptop at home.

Can anyone post a picture of the tokyo spawns. My friends sister lives near tokyo so he's trying to convince her to go there one day to capture stuff along with a farfetched for him.

MajorMane

Ahh really ?

Thanks for heads up on that. Must've gotten something crappy then since I haven't noticed.

You can sort your Pokemon by recent and that could help you see what you got easier. In my experience, all "disappearing eggs" are attributed to the egg hatching without the animation occurring and people not realizing it. Never lost an egg.

AGITΩ

So this thing is even being asked in surveys for six flags. Just did a survey after my visit yesterday. First i was asked if i Played Pokemon Go while there. Then got asked:
And yes, i did. But it was just 1 Pidgey in the whole park.

Pachimari

So I'm lvl 12 and it's taking forever to level up. I'm already doing the whole Pidgey farming thing, should I just continue with that? I guess there's no other way around it. It's just taking such a long time. Maybe I can walk around in circles with an inscense and attract birds this way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, looks like a major storm is about to hit. I was gonna go ride down to a nice cafe with a new route and see if there was anything along the way :(

Fireblend

Banned
So, I can evolve 43 Pokemon and with lucky eggs turn it into 53,000 exp (due to Pokedex registration bonus). Worth it? I'm level 18, pretty sure that would make me reach 20.

Arrrammis

So I'm lvl 12 and it's taking forever to level up. I'm already doing the whole Pidgey farming thing, should I just continue with that? I guess there's no other way around it. It's just taking such a long time. Maybe I can walk around in circles with an incest and attract birds this way.

Hmmm...

but to address the post, it does really slowdown if you're trying to level. Try attacking or skirmishing at some gyms, you get quite a bit of exp, especially if your pokemon is a lower level than the pokemon that you're fighting. Also, keeping mind that the tracking for hatching eggs works by plotting points every few minutes and connecting them with straight lines, so walking in circles is much less efficient than walking in straight lines for racking up distance to hatch eggs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, I can evolve 43 Pokemon and with lucky eggs turn it into 53,000 exp (due to Pokedex registration bonus). Worth it? I'm level 18, pretty sure that would make me reach 20.
Of course it's worth it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, do you mean like should you wait until you have more?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Of course it's worth it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, do you mean like should you wait until you have more?
Yeah ppl wanna min max that shit hard

Lucario

What are the odds of them banning over the Python script? Seems to be pretty popular now, but I'm still worried to use it in case they decide to mass-ban everyone who used it. Am I just being paranoid?

Fireblend

Banned

Yeah. The only thing that I'm really having second thoughts about is that maybe I'll find higher CP pokemon that are worth evolving more than the ones I have now, since not all of them are super common Pidgeys/Rattatas, so their candy are worth more. But then again most of them are Pokemon I'm not super attached to so I wouldn't mind if I just have them for the pokedex and not for battling.

Pachimari

Hmmm...

but to address the post, it does really slowdown if you're trying to level. Try attacking or skirmishing at some gyms, you get quite a bit of exp, especially if your pokemon is a lower level than the pokemon that you're fighting. Also, keeping mind that the tracking for hatching eggs works by plotting points every few minutes and connecting them with straight lines, so walking in circles is much less efficient than walking in straight lines for racking up distance to hatch eggs.

Yeah I know that, but I don't wanna battle anymore, as I am super low on potions again.

Permanently A

Do it. I'm your level and lost a ??? Blastoise because I didn't have ultra balls. It was red even with berry and great ball.

Pachimari

I currently have:

- x1 Weedle
- x1 Nidoran
- x1 Drowzee

- x19 Pidgey
- x5 Rattata

But I only have:

- x61 Pidgey candy (that's enough for x5 evos)
- x45 Rattata candy (soon enough for x2 evos)

Guess I'll need to catch a lot more before I use my lucky egg... How many more Pidgeys do I need to catch? I guess around 45 to have 50 monsters to evolve in all, but then I also need all of that candy.

I'm lvl. 12.

Saya

What exactly are the items you can get from pokestops? I hear conflicting reports of people receiving incense, lucky eggs, lure modules, and egg incubators. Is there a confirmed list somewhere?

Permanently A

What exactly are the items you can get from pokestops? I hear conflicting reports of people receiving incense, lucky eggs, lure modules, and egg incubators. Is there a confirmed list somewhere?

No incense, lucky eggs, lure modules or incubators. Premium shop items only come from level ups for free.

Permanently A

I currently have:

- x1 Weedle
- x1 Nidoran
- x1 Drowzee

- x19 Pidgey
- x5 Rattata

But I only have:

- x61 Pidgey candy (that's enough for x5 evos)
- x45 Rattata candy (soon enough for x2 evos)

Guess I'll need to catch a lot more before I use my lucky egg... How many more Pidgeys do I need to catch? I guess around 45 to have 50 monsters to evolve in all, but then I also need all of that candy.

I'm lvl. 12.

In case you didn't realize you can scroll down on a pokemon and click "transfer" to exchange it for 1 candy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. The only thing that I'm really having second thoughts about is that maybe I'll find higher CP pokemon that are worth evolving more than the ones I have now, since not all of them are super common Pidgeys/Rattatas, so their candy are worth more. But then again most of them are Pokemon I'm not super attached to so I wouldn't mind if I just have them for the pokedex and not for battling.
just go for it :) Getting to 20 is totally worth it. When you find something you really wanna evolve that you actually are attached to, just evolve it right then either way.

I totally get going for a degree of efficiency (gonna wait for my next Lucky Egg to purge my current pidgey stockpile), but this game really isn't worth taking that seriously from a min-max perspective. main thing you want to be doing is enjoying yourself, seems like jumping from 18 to 20 in a half hour is a pretty good score on that front

Sadist

There is a Squirtle stalking me and I can´t find it :(

Just got to lvl 16, but man, here's hoping I'll get some more variation in 'mons. It's been Pidgey/Weedle/Ratata/Caterpie/Zubat for days now. The odd Eevee, Abra and Seel being the exception.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I swear I gonna make Batman Goldbat sooner or later too many Zubats around, lol
You absolutely cannot get the bolded items from stops.

People may be confused because you can (are guaranteed to) get them from certain level up rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom