• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukemon

Hawkian speaks the truth. I thought I got an incense from a Stop when I first started playing but yeah, turned out to be a level up reward. Of all the paid items, only balls drop from Stops.

hydruxo

I honestly don't feel that compelled to do the battling stuff, I get more of a kick out of simply catching different pokemon and seeing new ones pop up on my screen

MajorMane

Caught this little beauty out on a walk just now:

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduBcb888aHaBCBEGkBCJwTlV373tf8cxTbKIx32sD2I-Vx9zl4jFTLbKOUc-S7mPJPC5IzCm3q3ReEF3QNliP0Rk0MRIQOoxETnvtlVaIAd55ltJXG_whVA490Uspa6yXd6_i9weeEicT.nAj9HhuiwvzM_1I2v1JwCyPe2IA.png

The 93 degree heat was worth it.

they really should give out incubators at pokestop....like they really expect us to walk 18km-90km on one fucking incubator!!?!??

FUCK THAT!!!

it's the only thing I actually buy from the shop...well that and lures

panda-zebra

they really should give out incubators at pokestop....like they really expect us to walk 18km-90km on one fucking incubator!!?!??

FUCK THAT!!!

it's the only thing I actually buy from the shop...well that and lures

They've balanced this nicely, I'm the same, only thing I buy. I've apparently hatched 69 eggs /o\

VoxPop

Started 3 days ago after playing it once on launch day. Got my first 10K egg, caught a 12xx Nidoking and 13xx Vaporeon yesterday. Wouldve caught a Venusaur too but it got away. Been going to Central Park with my girl for the past 2 nights and catching a ton of shit. Love the game so far but hoping they add some content cause I can see it getting stale quick.

I have enough candy to make an Omastar as well. Met some cool people and the little kids around me love us for keeping the gym around us Team Instinct haha. Really want a damn Lapras already :(

John Dunbar

correct about everything
You should be able to trade items in this game. Potions for Pokeballs for example.

who's going to agree to that, tho. exchange rate would probably be like 40 potions for a pokeball. berries might get you something.

i suppose if someone has all the pokemon and is not interested in getting more that they might be willing to trade their their balls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
John, I doubt very much he meant with other players. Just the ability to exchange items for one another at some ratio.
I've never thought I would see something like this here.
I got a free tootsie pop from a candy store in my mall just for showing them the app. I like this new timeline

A (sadly low qual) 360 video from some of the San Francisco crawl, on Wednesday, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cOp7-3NzmM pretty bonkers

PSFan

who's going to agree to that, tho. exchange rate would probably be like 40 potions for a pokeball. berries might get you something.

i suppose if someone has all the pokemon and is not interested in getting more that they might be willing to trade their their balls.

He meant trade items to the shop or something, not other people.

MajorMane

No, they expect you to spend money on more incubators.

They're really one of the few upgrades that are of great use of your coins in the store. Though it would be nice to either be given another infinite-use one or to be able to buy one.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
John, I doubt very much he meant with other players. Just the ability to exchange items for one another at some ratio.

yeah, selling items would be nice, especially since potions and revives are useless to people not interested in gyms and whatnot, but i find it unlikely they're going to let you trade stuff you only get at pokestops for premium items. they might as well give you coins at every pokestop.

Pachimari

I said screw it and transferred all of my duplicates for candy. So it turns out I have 13 Pokemon I can evolve, which is far too little for a 30-minute lucky egg. I guess I need 60 Pokemon to evolve. Shit that's a lot of work left to do.

Also all of my 5 incubators have 1 use left, hopefully I get some rare Pokemon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, they expect you to spend money on more incubators.

They're really one of the few upgrades that are of great use of your coins in the store. Though it would be nice to either be given another infinite-use one or to be able to buy one.
That, I do think I'd buy with money.

So far I have spent $0.00 and the bag space increase and incubators are the most tempting, but I'm still just planning to save up coins from gyms for now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
https://go.razerzone.com/

Very interesting. Approximation of that (still totally overwhelmed) location-based chat app, a simpler implementation that might still have a lot of value. Don't actually know if it can be used on mobile or not, but they are working on an app from what I read.

hemo memo

I said screw it and transferred all of my duplicates for candy. So it turns out I have 13 Pokemon I can evolve, which is far too little for a 30-minute lucky egg. I guess I need 60 Pokemon to evolve. Shit that's a lot of work left to do.

Also all of my 5 incubators have 1 use left, hopefully I get some rare Pokemon.

I'm doing this by default. Transferring all low duplicates and first/second forms. I don't know if that's a good strategy.

panda-zebra

I have bought over 500 Pokeballs, do you guys live next to Pokestops? because I keep running out of balls.

Whoa, that's a few pennies worth. I've taken a few trips into town where there are more than enough stops to loop and fill your bag in an hour while playing. Right now though I'm out and tomorrow we're off to somewhere that, according to Ingress, will be dead af :/

Fantomex

There has to be something in this game with catch probability. Does anyone know for sure? 3 razz berrys, 20 pokeballs, 10 great balls and charmander was basically uncatchable. Is there such a thing? I practically ran out of balls.

I have bought over 500 Pokeballs, do you guys live next to Pokestops? because I keep running out of balls.

I spent five bucks of Google Opinion Rewards money on balls and I have regretted it.

I live just three blocks away from a few Pokéstops, so I can just spend some time there to farm them up.

Cudder

You should be able to get more Candy from a transfer depending on how evolved a Pokemon is.

Transfer Pidgy--1 Candy
Transfer Pidgeotto- 2 Candy
Transfer Pidgeot- 3 Candy

Pachimari

You should be able to get more Candy from a transfer depending on how evolved a Pokemon is.

Transfer Pidgy--1 Candy
Yeah I agree with this. Dumb how I only get 1 Rattata candy for transferring a Raticate.

VoxPop

I spent five bucks of Google Opinion Rewards money on balls and I have regretted it.

I live just three blocks away from a few Pokéstops, so I can just spend some time there to farm them up.

Didn't know you could use the Google Play Credit to get IAPs. Just logged in with my account on my old Android phone and cashed in $11 for incubators and lucky eggs. :O

Koh

I have to walk 20 minutes to get to a cluster of 4 pokestops. I spent 2 hours doing loops between them yesterday and came out with 60 (net, I used quite a few during).

I'll probably use those in a day or two and have to repeat, but I'm determined not to spend money.

I work next to a university that has lIke 30+ pokestops. I'm 30 and look loke I'm 22, I walk or drove through amd stop at all the pokestops to load up.

MajorMane

Question: if you use a Razz Berry and then miss with your throw, does the effect wear off?

The effect of the Razz Berry only wears off after you've hit the Pokemon with the Pokeball and it subsequently breaks free.

It won't let you use another Razz Berry otherwise.

Fireblend

Banned
Question: if you use a Razz Berry and then miss with your throw, does the effect wear off?

Nope, the Razz Berry is in effect until you hit the Pokemon with a pokeball.

Ended up using a lucky egg. 43 evolutions later, I'm level 20 and got a shit ton of items, yay! 50k for the next level though, that's gonna take a while.

Been real busy downtown San Diego yesterday. Really surprised about the servers even with so many people around going to and around Comic Con.

Caught and evolved some good ones. Nidorina and Nidorino are close to evolving. And my 5km egg hatched a Gastly.

By the time I went home, I was able to hit level 20! Which means I can finally get Ultra Balls!

But wow. 50k xp to level up now?

Joqu

Transfer Pidgy--1 Candy

This, making starring Pokémon disable transferring for safekeeping, and taking AR pictures outside of battles are the "easy" early changes I feel Go should make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom