• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught this little beauty out on a walk just now:

The 93 degree heat was worth it.

Awesome dude ! How is the .. "terrain" where you caught it ?

In my experience so far, I've found that electronic favour "industrial areas" .. I'm trying to find out what kind of environment each type is located. Just like "motherfuckin pidgey" (in sam jacksons voice) and rattata are all over the suburbs, and residential areas, and water pokemons are near water.

MajorMane

Awesome dude ! How is the .. "terrain" where you caught it ?

In my experience so far, I've found that electronic favour "industrial areas" .. I'm trying to find out what kind of environment each type is located. Just like "motherfuckin pidgey" (in sam jacksons voice) and rattata are all over the suburbs, and residential areas, and water pokemons are near water.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense too much. It was on the outskirts of the college campus in town, so concrete area, not near any sort of water at all. Just near the Union building. Pretty weird, but I'm not complaining.

Razmos

Had a pretty good day, but also had the game spaz out when a Kabuto appeared at the train station and I had to put my phone in my pocket to run for the train, the AR accidentally turned on and weirdedo out.

Then later a 600cp Growlithe ran away :(

Caught a mankey though which I didn't have

kenodinks

Neo Member
I guess he means easier access to the ones you want to evolve by favoring them.

Aha, thanks.

I have 37 evos on deck, six 5km eggs ready to hatch, and I'm level 14 (halfway to 15).

Do you guys recommend using a lucky egg now and stacking some xp or should I wait until I'm a higher level. (btw I have 3 lucky eggs in total)

I was thinking maybe I should wait until I'm a higher level because my city is extremely active and I can level up pretty quickly. But, I do have 3 lucky eggs ....

bKMbyTo.png

It's like this in every direction.

Also, should I power up these guys?

AZOsTdI.png

cUGQyF3.png

MajorMane

Aha, thanks.

I have 37 evos on deck, six 5km eggs ready to hatch, and I'm level 14 (halfway to 15).

Do you guys recommend using a lucky egg now and stacking some xp or should I wait until I'm a higher level. (btw I have 3 lucky eggs in total)

I was thinking maybe I should wait until I'm a higher level because my city is extremely active and I can level up pretty quickly. But, I do have 3 lucky eggs ....

If you have Lucky eggs to spare with a decent amount of evolutions, I'd say you can go for it now. Only reason you should wait is if you can stock up on, say, Pidgey or Weedle to easily increase the number of evolutions you can do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lucky egg + evolve got me from 13 to 17, intense shit

kenodinks

Neo Member
If you have Lucky eggs to spare with a decent amount of evolutions, I'd say you can go for it now. Only reason you should wait is if you can stock up on, say, Pidgey or Weedle to easily increase the number of evolutions you can do.

Ok, thanks. I'll stock up some more since those little bastards are literally everywhere.

Actually I only have 9 Pidgey and 7 Weedle to evolve, the other 21 are just 1 to 3 evolves for a variety of mons. I guess I should still stock up on pidgeys and weedles to increase it to about 60 evolves.

Thanks again

Honestly, it doesn't make sense too much. It was on the outskirts of the college campus in town, so concrete area, not near any sort of water at all. Just near the Union building. Pretty weird, but I'm not complaining.

Well some pokemons break the mold. It seems that the game is split in "terrain types" where the scrubs/jobbers are a certain type and you are likely to find a certain type.. .. and then day/night impacts some of those. Then there are also spawns for specific pokemon, and then randoms drawn by lures or incense. .. At least that's what it seems like. The underlying systems might be completely different. I only know for sure that water types spawn near the water, and that I found an industrial area where there was tons of voltorbs/magnemites instead of the usual rattata/pidgey

Of course in some areas drowzee are common, which is mostly something I've seen here in this thread. As well as duduo (which I've yet to see a single off out in the world)

GulAtiCa

I have about 30 pokemon I can evolve tonight (which includes 2 that will be new). I'm going to get it a bit more and then do it. Am currently lv 16.

MajorMane

Well some pokemons break the mold. It seems that the game is split in "terrain types" where the scrubs/jobbers are a certain type and you are likely to find a certain type.. .. and then day/night impacts some of those. Then there are also spawns for specific pokemon, and then randoms drawn by lures or incense. .. At least that's what it seems like. The underlying systems might be completely different. I only know for sure that water types spawn near the water, and that I found an industrial area where there was tons of voltorbs/magnemites instead of the usual rattata/pidgey

Of course in some areas drowzee are common, which is mostly something I've seen here in this thread. As well as duduo (which I've yet to see a single off out in the world)

I find the spawning to be pretty interesting too. I actually found a Bulbasaur in the same general area just the other day (not same exact spawn) as where I found Kabuto today. Seems that "rarer" Pokemon might spawn there, albeit not as regularly as other Pokemon.

sophora

I live next to a pond and regularly catch some poliwags and goldeen. Though I haven't actually caught any magikarp, save for going to the riverfront in downtown. Otherwise I usually come into contact with the typical bug, bird, and eevees. Haven't really ran into electric types, save for one pikachu I caught in a park trail.

dmr87

You should be able to get more Candy from a transfer depending on how evolved a Pokemon is.

Transfer Pidgy--1 Candy
Transfer Pidgeotto- 2 Candy
Transfer Pidgeot- 3 Candy

Exactly what I said to a friend yesterday. Also being able to skip the evolution animation and to transfer multiple Pokemons at once.

GulAtiCa

Yep. Wish transferring higher evolved pokemon gave you more candy.

Also, wish that catching higher evolved pokemon gave more candy. Like:

Catch Pidgy--3 Candy
Catch Pidgeotto- 4 Candy
Catch Pidgeot- 5 Candy

panda-zebra

Catch Pidgy--3 Candy
Catch Pidgeotto- 4 Candy
Catch Pidgeot- 5 Candy

There's absolutely no incentive to waste balls on Pidgeotto.

Catch Pidgy--3 Candy
Catch Pidgeotto- 4 Candy
Catch Pidgeot- 5 Candy

Same to CP. That a 10CP catch and a 700CP give you the same 3 candy when catched and 1 candy when transferred is kinda absurd particularly since you might have poured a lot of stardust on the latter.

Bloodsent

like, events in my area

No, it's still the middle of the night in Tokyo, and the game servers themselves are still snappy from my perspective... I didn't get booted. something wrong with just PTC login.

I hate that I made the decision to go PTC instead of Google login.....

RexNovis

Banned
Reposting from the other JP specific thread

I spent the entire damn day yesterday trying to get the damn app to even load for me. Despite trying basically every 30 mins for 5+ hours it never once progressed past the loading screen. Isn't this why they deleted the damn thing here in Japan? WTF? I repeat it refused to load all damn day. Not even once. What an infuriatingly glitchy price of crap.

Really fed up with this app. Cannot believe they released it like this.

Zafir

Pokemon really start to get ridiculous with breaking out.

That feeling when a gree chance 82CP zubat breaks out of 4 curveball hits in a row. :|

It's even worse due to the fact I live in a place with not a massive amount of pokestops around. You just run out so fast because of it.

Had the most sublime experience playing this yesterday. Hit up Central Park (all my fellow NYCers need to go if ya haven't already) and there were literally hundreds of people out there playing all day and night. A good 90% of the people in the park were there just for Pokemon, and when somebody left for whatever reason, another 5 people would show up. It was bananas. A few cops pulled up in a cruiser and got in on the Charmeleon hunt. That bitch ass ran out on me tho >_>

Those lures in the pics were up for hours, as you might guess looking at the timestamps. Its really cool seeing people of all walks of life come together and talk passionately about Pokemon of all things. Hope this never dies out.

Highlight of the day was this beast btw. One of my faves and puts in work against all these gyms run by water types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom