• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

Is the pokevision map accurate? If so there are far fewer Pokemon around than I expected. Kinda sucks actually.

pretty much yea
I just woke up to find a haunter on my nearby list
turned on pokevisin, took me 3 tries to locate him

still 9 minutes on it, about 300m away
never got out of my appartment and on my bike so fast in my life

That feel when you're a breath away from level 9 but you're out of mobile data, incense and your house is located in a literal Pokémon wasteland.

Brinbe

Earlier this afternoon at the Toronto ferry terminal/poke farming hot spot. Everyone literally ran over to catch a Dragonaire lol

MaZIHRd.jpg

Aww, looks like you all had some fun tonight.

Wish my area had more variety of stuff.

Can't complain too much with the few rares that do occasionally come by though.

RaidenXZ

Caught my first Blastoise tonight....and as I was powering it up and discarding squirtles, I accidently transfered the Blastoise without realizing it and thinking it was a Squirtle. I almost tossed my phone :(

mugwhump

So, anybody figured out if type weaknesses/resistances stack for dual-type pokemans? I know it's 1.25x and .8 times damage for weak/resistant, but no word on stacking.

T.O.P

Banned
https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap

Download, unzip it. Create a throw away account to log in, don't use your real account.
Get your coords from google maps and input them. It's really easy. You can also create a unique web link so you can access it from your phone while you're out hunting. Though you can not change the scanning location without getting back to the computer.

TwZFJpo.png

vG6fqWm.png

How to i change the scanning location? do i have to exit and re enter the coordinates?

Tidalwave

Download, unzip it. Create a throw away account to log in, don't use your real account.
Get your coords from google maps and input them. It's really easy. You can also create a unique web link so you can access it from your phone while you're out hunting. Though you can not change the scanning location without getting back to the computer.

TwZFJpo.png

vG6fqWm.png
Thanks! Got it working but how so you make the unique Web link?

julrik

I'm using the Python script, and it stops scanning when it reaches 100%. If I up the search distance, it seems to first search at the designated coordinates, then starts searching around it, with a bigger radius, but stops scanning the original point.. And when it reaches 100%, it stops searching altogether. Is that normal? I've hooked the live map up to my phone, but the point is lost if it stops searching at the original point.

Is the DesktopMap better? Is the search limited there as well?

At work, on my way to the stockroom I decided to see if anything had spawned. Kabuto GET! Tonight we were really busy, so I'm glad I was able to grab at least one new catch!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
is it not possible to get a throwaway pokemon trainer account at the moment? pokemon website says they're not giving new accounts at the moment.

ironmang

TwZFJpo.png

vG6fqWm.png

edit: nvm downloaded the wrong one somehow lol

Media

My map thing was working for a hot minute and then stopped giving me Pokeman, even though I have one ratata at three steps on my phone. Restarted several times and still nada. Boo

cyba89

With the 3 step Bug, the server issues and the huge difference in Pokéstop/Mon distribution between rural and urban areas the game is frustrating me more than it is giving me fun.

A Growlithe spawned directly over a bloody Zubat today and all I could select was the Zubat. So I tried to catch it and wasted almost all my pokéballs. I gave up and the Growlithe was gone.

If Niantic doesn't do anything about all these problems soon I can't see myself playing this a lot longer.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

TwZFJpo.png

vG6fqWm.png

ok, i tried this, but i'm not seeing any map. this is all i see:

nothing happens when i click the "pokemon go map" or try to change the location. is my computer blocking it or what?

They seriously need to fix the damn curve ball glitch. I wasted 50 balls because it would randomly decide whether to curve or not curve

Noaloha

Gaah. I plan on heading over to a nice park or something later in the afternoon, so I'm sat here at home using the Python .exe and lazily scanning around Stockholm looking for promising looking pokestop hotspots.

And I notice that, right now (and for only another 60 seconds), there's a Mr Mime right outside the Stadion tunnelbana.

edit: Lickitung, Ponyta, Charmander, Pikachu, Electrode, Slowpoke, Mankey, Diglett, Sandshrew all out there.

Went for a walk after work in the wet and hatched a Hitmonlee and caught two Pikachu, an Omanyte and an Ivysaur, none of which were in my dex.

Well worth it.

Majukun

I was thinking.. are pokemon unique? I mean, if a pokemon spawns in a location, and I catch it, can another player catch it too afterwards? or it disappears for the other players because I took it?

M.J. Doja

Banned
Lol yes I was solo and I'm from Culver City. Took me 20 minutes to get over there but it's a Pokemon kinda night :p

Here's what I'm working with to give you an idea, although it still took like 15 minutes of straight tappin to get through all that lol

13769623_10155046813613989_4076875021975081736_n.jpg

thats cool that youre a gaffer! too bad youre red.. I'm also Culver City and damn you have some good firepower! I like the slowbro and dragonite! Too bad there's really no Grass/Water pokemon around here. (I'm FatPuppies btw)

JCH!

Anyone experiencing problems logging in on Android?

My girlfriend's iPhone6S gets to the map in like 5 seconds. My Nexus6P doesn't get pass the stupid Gyarados warning. We're both on the same WiFi network so that's not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom