• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Yep these guys are becoming more common than pidgeys

0z2Mcaz.jpg

I still haven't seen one.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I used an earlier version of Pokemon Go Live Map, and now I can see the map but no Pokemon or pokestops are visible. It says "operational" at the top but I can't see shit.

Dak'kon

Yep these guys are becoming more common than pidgeys

0z2Mcaz.jpg

They're just very, very common in North London it seems. From Soho to Dalston to Straford I've seen them everywhere. It seems certain Pokemon congregate in certain areas. I've seen maps with Rhyhorn or Doduo all over but I've never seen those in London :p

Majukun

so..about the whole IV thing..do all the pokèmon have the same potential if they have the same "perfection percentage",or the higher the level of the trainer is the higher the pontential is,and IV are just the icing on the cake??

Darksheik

I think I need a hint.
I'm not sure how to get more in-game golden coins.
When I own a gym I can claim 10 coins but it rules out the chance of getting anything else for 21 hours.
How can I make a bit more coins per day? Should I own more gyms at the same time before claiming the reward? That would be particularly hard.

Pachimari

Lol this is perfect. Somebody have thrown a lure at the pokestop outside my apartment, so now I can just catch all the Pokémon in my living room.

octopiggy

I think I need a hint.
When I own a gym I can claim 10 coins but it rules out the chance of getting anything else for 21 hours.
How can I make a bit more coins per day? Should I own more gyms at the same time before claiming the reward? That would be particularly hard.

You can claim your coins once every 21 hours. You get 10 coins for every gym you hold at that time.

panda-zebra

I think I need a hint.

It's really not, if you can take one you can take more. Just find a few close by and visit early or when things are quiet. I left a caterpie on the 2nd gym this morning, still there now.

Or spend a few pennies/answer a few google questionnaires and buy them.

mugwhump

OK so lemme get this straight

When the first person puts their mon in an unoccupied gym, that will give it enough prestige to raise it to level 2, allowing someone else to place a mon, which will raise it to level 3, allowing a 3rd mon in. After that you've gotta grind it a bit. Correct?

Majukun

OK so lemme get this straight

When the first person puts their mon in an unoccupied gym, that will give it enough prestige to raise it to level 2, allowing someone else to place a mon, which will raise it to level 3, allowing a 3rd mon in. After that you've gotta grind it a bit. Correct?

nope
you conquer a gym,you can put one monster,then a second guy of your same colour has to fight a number of 1 vs 1 fight with your monster tor raise the prestige of the gym,allowing it to grow enough to allow a second pokèmon inside..rinse and repeat until i think you get to prestige 30k,or at least that's the highest gym i've seen so far,don't remember if it had 5 or 6 pokèmon inside though

prestige also increases if someone fails to take your gym,but with only 1 or two pokèmon inside,it's rare

Darksheik

You can claim your coins once every 21 hours. You get 10 coins for every gym you hold at that time.

It's really not, if you can take one you can take more. Just find a few close by and visit early or when things are quiet. I left a caterpie on the 2nd gym this morning, still there now.

Or spend a few pennies/answer a few google questionnaires and buy them.

Thank you!

How does the google questionnaries thing works if I may ask?

Although I know catching Pokémon is harder using the AR mode, I've never actually been able to use it since the gyro was broken in the iOS 10 beta. But thankfully the new version of the beta fixes it so now I don't feel like I'm missing out on one of the cooler features of the game!

Septic360

Banned
Had the most incredible experience on my lunch. I left from my office and started wandering round the city when I caught this sight:

Walked over and what do I see? HUNDREDS of people playing the game and having fun together. feelsgoodman

Ah you should have taken a pic of them playing

Had a look at Pokevision and I've never jumped in the car so fast in my life. Must have had less than a minute when I got there.

Ahahaha trust me I know them feels. I was in the middle of work and I dragged my mate out to drive me to the local park. Recorded my experience (sorry for le repost 🙏)

https://youtu.be/8UOcz8_VAaM

nope
you conquer a gym,you can put one monster,then a second guy of your same colour has to fight a number of 1 vs 1 fight with your monster tor raise the prestige of the gym,allowing it to grow enough to allow a second pokèmon inside..rinse and repeat until i think you get to prestige 30k,or at least that's the highest gym i've seen so far,don't remember if it had 5 or 6 pokèmon inside though

prestige also increases if someone fails to take your gym,but with only 1 or two pokèmon inside,it's rare
Sorry, but you are wrong. Only when there are 3 or more, do you need to train to level up the gym. 1 and 2, you can just put a pokemon there and it'll auto level

Majukun

Sorry, but you are wrong. Only when there are 3 or more, do you need to train to level up the gym. 1 and 2, you can just put a pokemon there and it'll auto level

pretty sure i've seen gym with 2 pokèmon inside and i was not able to put any pokèmon in it,don't remember for sure about gyms with only 1 though

pretty sure i've seen gym with 2 pokèmon inside and i was not able to put any pokèmon in it,don't remember for sure about gyms with only 1 though

It probably lost prestige with Pokemon battles. A fresh gym can get up to 3 pokemon set without additional training.

Majukun

The the question is, do I pump that ivy full of stardust and candy or wait until I catch 22 more Bulbasaur to evolve one...

depends
if you think you are gonna use it in battle,pump it up..but if you think you are gonna wait for the last evo because it isn't powerful enough yet,than evolve him before,because evolution randomises your moves,so you might end up with a shitty moveset and you have already wsted all that stardust and candies

depends
if you think you are gonna use it in battle,pump it up..but if you think you are gonna wait for the last evo because it isn't powerful enough yet,than evolve him before,because evolution randomises your moves,so you might end up with a shitty moveset and you have already wsted all that stardust and candies

I meant that Venusaur I posted a few posts up :p

I think I'm just gonna pump him full of candy, I have 40/125 Bulba candy I need so far so I may as well use him now.

Vine Whip/Solar Beam is great for all the pesky Vaporeon around too.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This Pokevision business kinda burns me out on the game, to be honest.
Why the fuck would I even go outside and explore if I can just get a pop-up notification whenever anything noteworthy spawns, and get data on it's exact location instantly.

It's making the entire process of catching them all kind of trivial.

Midas

So, I was inspecting a pokestop with a lure and there was a button labeled "gnurb". What does it do? I didn't dare to click it and there's no trace of pokestop gnurb on the internets. 😮

Fox Mulder

This Pokevision business kinda burns me out on the game, to be honest.
Why the fuck would I even go outside and explore if I can just get a pop-up notification whenever anything noteworthy spawns, and get data on it's exact location instantly.

It's making the entire process of catching them all kind of trivial.

People are squeezing fun out of a broken game.

Now a Nidoqueen like 30 seconds away from where I found the Venusaur.

I cbf driving out there again though lol.

It's right in the middle of the spot where everyone goes to catch Pokemon, I can only imagine the reaction when it appeared.

mugwhump

Yeah, according to this gyms get 2000 prestige whenever someone adds a pokemon. Level 2 needs 2000, lv3 needs 4000, and lv4 needs 8000, so the first 3 pokemon are free. The gym you saw probably got its prestige lowered by people attacking it.

Victrix

*beard*
My wife hit level 8 or so, ran out of pokeballs, she hasn't been able to play for about two days or so :/

I guess that's their scheme to get people to spend money, but in her case, it's probably just going to make her quit.

Septic360

Banned
Guys this game is fucking insane lol. I woke up. Checked Pokevision. There was a dratini. Bombed it down and there are loads if people here catching ut. Itss soooo weird! And sooo fucking cool!!

All ages, a kid in his teens, me in my thirties and a guy in his fourties.

All together here. We were talking about it and shit.

Im starting a YouTube channel that's it. This is too fucking epic!! '

Chaos17

My wife hit level 8 or so, ran out of pokeballs, she hasn't been able to play for about two days or so :/

I guess that's their scheme to get people to spend money, but in her case, it's probably just going to make her quit.

Personaly, I'm trying to make an habit to go out for a walk once a day to refil my pokeballs at the pokestops so far it works and good for my health. You should try to encourage your wife do the same, to focus more on fitness more than anything else. This app won't go away and will reward long term players since they plan to add more generation of pokemons and other stuff. No one should burn themself to try lvl up asap.

Costia

visit pokestops to get balls?

Fox Mulder

there's two easy options though. Go to pokestops for free or buy 100 for like $5. Pretty good for a f2p game considering what other games do.

Victrix

*beard*
visit pokestops to get balls?

She does, we even made a trip or two to places that have a bunch so she could do a lap or two to grab them, but she's not very good at pokeball tossing, so she uses them up faster than she can get them from stops.

Personaly, I'm trying to make an habit to go out for a walk once a day to refil my pokeballs at the pokestops so far it works and good for my health. You should try to encourage your wife do the same, to focus more on fitness more than anything else. This app won't go away and will reward long term players since they plan to add more generation of pokemons and other stuff. No one should burn themself to try lvl up asap.

She goes to the (real) gym 4 days a week :p There aren't any stops near our house or near her work, we have to drive somewhere specifically to visit stops (which she doesn't mind, but it's not something she's going to bother doing every day).

She's not going to burn out (she hardly plays that intensely, she could give a fig about leveling up or battling, she just likes catching them and walking around), but she will probably just stop if she can't catch them any more.

Zafir

Get the google rewards app, answer the questionnaires each day and you get a few pennies for each one. This credit can be used to buy coins for the game.

You only get daily surveys if you're part of demographics they want though.

Otherwise you can go for ages without another survey.

Chaos17

This pictures have more people than the trailer 2015 had XD

NYC Dragonite madness
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4u63w6/nyc_dragonite_madness/?sort=top

She does, we even made a trip or two to places that have a bunch so she could do a lap or two to grab them, but she's not very good at pokeball tossing, so she uses them up faster than she can get them from stops.

She goes to the (real) gym 4 days a week :p There aren't any stops near our house or near her work, we have to drive somewhere specifically to visit stops (which she doesn't mind, but it's not something she's going to bother doing every day).

She's not going to burn out (she hardly plays that intensely, she could give a fig about leveling up or battling, she just likes catching them and walking around), but she will probably just stop if she can't catch them any more.

I see, did you told her to not catching everything (I mean the most common pokemon in your area at least) That might save her some balls ? IfI cought every Zubats, I would've ran out of Pokeballs too (my neemsis in my town, lol)

Or offer her this week-end to go spend sometime together at her nice pokespot (bring some lunch, picnic time) so she can refresh/get her pokeballs ^^ I'm suggesting this since you said they aren't any near her (work or house). Pokespots refresh quite quickly in general. Good luck to her.

Kaze Kyou

Alright, so I'm close to getting enough Eevees to evolve them... But I can't bloody choose which evolution I want (I'm assuming the naming thing works).

I saw someone mention that Vaporeon was OP, but I've been torn between choosing Jolteon or Flareon based on type match-ups. Plus, I have plenty of water Pokemon.

Do types really have a big effect in Pokemon Go anyway?

Vipu

Banned
So what is the "best" pokemon finder?
I saw few days ago someone say something is much better than pokevision.com, what is it?
Something to see much bigger area at once so you dont have to click tons to see small area.

OOf gym leader besides my house has pokemons over 1k CP, while my strongest, Scyther is 397. I can´t do a damn thing especially when his special attacks wiped out my pokemon in one hit. So a question, what happens when i defeat a gym leader, and put my pokemon there? Would my pokemon be attacked by other players and do they take my gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom