• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the desktop map program linked here and on reddit is absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Every pokemon at inputed coordinates in a radius of your choosing (up to gigantic), how much time they have left until despawn, filter out pokemon you don't want to see, get alerts for pokemon you want if they spawn, generate a shareable link for mobile users, see all stops and if they are lured, and see gyms and who owns them along with prestige level.

I can't say all that and not link to it (quote for link, but let me know if its even still kosher to link to it), but I don't think it would be let off scot-free once they get their servers under control and such. Its up to you if you want to use it.

adamy

Banned
Did they get rid of eevee evolution trick? Cuz that shit ain't working

image.png

Razmos

Aww just had the cutest thing happen. A guy was driving his kid around near my house so he could get all the pokestops, and I was out training the gym I had control of, and the kid rolled down his window and said "Excuse me, are you playing Pokémon go?" And I said "Yeah I am!" And showed him my screen and he had a big smile and turned to his dad and he smiled too, it was so sweet haha, and he said to his dad "He's fighting the gym!"

Chaos17

Aww just had the cutest thing happen. A guy was driving his kid around near my house so he could get all the pokestops, and I was out training the gym I had control of, and the kid rolled down his window and said "Excuse me, are you playing Pokémon go?" And I said "Yeah I am!" And showed him my screen and he had a big smile and turned to his dad and he smiled too, it was so sweet haha, and he said to his dad "He's fighting the gym!"

That's adorable!

giphy.gif

Here in France I kept reading stories where people don't even dare to talk to each other and just smiale. I can kinda testefy, I met many other players but none kinda say "hi"

Articalys

I still find it difficult to believe that those videos of 50+ people racing to the same spot because a particular Pokemon spawned there in-game are honestly real and not some joke.

CoolOff

That's adorable!

giphy.gif

Here in France I kept reading stories where people don't even dare to talk to each other and just smiale. I can kinda testefy, I met many other players but none kinda say "hi"

Imagine Sweden then. We don't even make eye contact here.

I still find it difficult to believe that those videos of 50+ people racing to the same spot because a particular Pokemon spawned there in-game are honestly real and not some joke.

Happened to my group twice on the same night because we were using pokevision. Founded a flareon just in the wall of a modern museum here (you could catch it from outside), shouted what we foubd and more than 100 people were pressibg themselves into the wall to catch it. 5 minutes later a flareon appeared at the other corner and all people started running there. It was a super fun experience.

Imagine this place with more than 500 people playig pokrmon go at 1:30 am

Prologue

Ok the desktop map program linked here and on reddit is absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Every pokemon at inputed coordinates in a radius of your choosing (up to gigantic), how much time they have left until despawn, filter out pokemon you don't want to see, get alerts for pokemon you want if they spawn, generate a shareable link for mobile users, see all stops and if they are lured, and see gyms and who owns them along with prestige level.

I can't say all that and not link to it (quote for link, but let me know if its even still kosher to link to it), but I don't think it would be let off scot-free once they get their servers under control and such. Its up to you if you want to use it.

asking me to log in with my google account. is this safe?

I believe it. I was with a group of just under ten and we took off from a bar running into a couple of other groups and individuals hunting for a Pikachu. Somewhere around fifteen to twenty mostly strangers. Get one of those meet ups going with the right conditions? I could see it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if anything crazy had spawned where I was chillin last night it would have been chaos. Could feel it in the air.

Iceman829

Well I just got back from my adventure in the heat. I forgot there were about 8 pokestops in a 10 minute lap like another 5 minutes from the liquor store. I decided to drive down there and park. Ran into some girl my age that is going to the college I graduated from (I was wearing a hat). I caught a bunch of pokemon I've never seen even on my radar at all the lures people setup (Magnemites, Voltorbs). I also caught a bunch of Drowzee, Psyducks, Nidorans M, a dratini and some karp. She asked me for my phone number and I invited her to come hang out at my pool if she gets tired of the heat. I think I'll take a timeout from pokemon hunting to go get drunk by the pool and hang out till it closes at 8

Been trying to work out the odds of getting a new Pokemon from eggs using the list on Serebii vs. what I've caught. And then stagger those odds based on the length taken to hatch it.

In short I'm bad at math and I gave up. Just going to stick with my 5km eggs for a while.

Chaos17

You must have not followed Reddit ^^
Here's a compilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11DLQWFqoqY

And this is the lastest crazy American craze happened in New york.
Source 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPnSRqQu5s&feature=youtu.be
Source 2 : https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4u63w6/nyc_dragonite_madness/

I've really lost any desire to play this game at the moment, nearby being completely useless means that the only way I can really hunt pokemon is by using something like Pokevision.

Using Pokevision takes out a lot of the fun, because there's no mystique anymore.

I'm also incredibly disappointed that Niantic don't seem to care much about their userbase in terms of keeping them informed.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
1 candy away from evolving my 735 Growlithe... :(
Also holding on to cool evolutions for when its worth it to pop an egg is hard

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
get it nian cat.
rIRXF9n.png

keep some breathing room in the infrastructure, get it to the stores that remain, flip that nearby tracker switch back on, and the summer of '16 is yours. You have no direct competition of any kind.

Chaos17

I've really lost any desire to play this game at the moment, nearby being completely useless means that the only way I can really hunt pokemon is by using something like Pokevision.

Using Pokevision takes out a lot of the fun, because there's no mystique anymore.

I'm also incredibly disappointed that Niantic don't seem to care much about their userbase in terms of keeping them informed.

You can take break until they fix it, there is no hurry here ^^

PSFan

What mystique? And it might take a lot of the fun out for YOU. But it adds to the fun for a lot of us. I find it loads of fun to see something I don't have and then racing to catch it before it despawns.

Hell, there's something similar to Pokevision in the regular games. The Pokedex will show you what route you can find a particular Pokemon at, if they are in that particular version of the game.

And it also beats seeing Pidgeys and Rattatas popping all the time.

If you ask me, Niantic should actually add a map feature like Pokevision into the game. I think it would add to the fun to help you find a particular Pokemon you are looking for.

Lmao, why didn't you stop after the first one didn't work?

Just found a 837 Ivysuar. Hiffie about dat.

Damn, lucky. I caught an Ivysaur earlier today and it was only like 89. I always seem to get crappy cp pokemon. How are people catching ones that are so high?

foladar

That's pretty handy to know if lures are up at a local place without having to drive 10-15 mins, knowing people are there but I didn't see a way to make it longer range? Maybe it's having issues with their recent release.

What mystique? And it might take a lot of the fun out for YOU. But it adds to the fun for a lot of us. I find it loads of fun to see something I don't have and then racing to catch it before it despawns.

Hell, there's something similar to Pokevision in the regular games. The Pokedex will show you what route you can find a particular Pokemon at, if they are in that particular version of the game.

And it also beats seeing Pidgeys and Rattatas popping all the time.

If you ask me, Niantic should actually add a map feature like Pokevision into the game. I think it would add to the fun to help you find a particular Pokemon you are looking for.

The mystique of walking around being unsure of what may pop up - of seeing an uncaught pokemon appear on that nearby list and going on a hunt.

I don't know, maybe I just find it a bit sad that it feels like we have stripped down the game to the point where we have knowledge over almost every aspect of it, without being able to play it as intended.

Fuck it, I'll just make the most of what we do have right now. The Pidgey farm will resume normal business.

Articalys

Happened to my group twice on the same night because we were using pokevision. Founded a flareon just in the wall of a modern museum here (you could catch it from outside), shouted what we foubd and more than 100 people were pressibg themselves into the wall to catch it. 5 minutes later a flareon appeared at the other corner and all people started running there. It was a super fun experience.

I believe it. I was with a group of just under ten and we took off from a bar running into a couple of other groups and individuals hunting for a Pikachu. Somewhere around fifteen to twenty mostly strangers. Get one of those meet ups going with the right conditions? I could see it.

You must have not followed Reddit ^^
Here's a compilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11DLQWFqoqY

And this is the lastest crazy American craze happened in New york.
Source 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPnSRqQu5s&feature=youtu.be
Source 2 : https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4u63w6/nyc_dragonite_madness/
I mean, I've seen the videos, the pictures, I know it's not fake but maybe it's because I haven't seen it happen in person that I have trouble comprehending it? I live in a suburbia where the most people I've seen playing at once in the same location was maybe 8-9, tops, and that was just sitting in a shaded shelter in the middle of a park where there was a PokeStop. If I was in a major city or near a college campus or something I'd probably have a different point of view.

Or it's maybe also partially because my experience with the game has been suboptimal? With all the server hangups, lack of variety in my area, and having not really played alongside other people, I can't wrap my head around the idea of one person seeing a Dragonite spawn, calling it out, and over 100 people seeing the same Pokemon showing up in the same spot at the same time, and none of them having the game freeze on them in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom