• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSFan

The mystique of walking around being unsure of what may pop up - of seeing an uncaught pokemon appear on that nearby list and going on a hunt.

I don't know, maybe I just find it a bit sad that it feels like we have stripped down the game to the point where we have knowledge over almost every aspect of it, without being able to play it as intended.

Fuck it, I'll just make the most of what we do have right now. The Pidgey farm will resume normal business.

Well, I think everyone gets fun from the game in different ways. I don't use Pokevision exactly but I use the Pokemon GO desktop map. Because I can run it on my PC and then access it over the web with my phone while I'm going around the neighborhood. And I still get surprise pops too.

Oh and I made a mistake before, my Ivysaur is 19 CP not 89. Bleh, I have a Bulbasaur that's 292.

Skeletron

It's pretty meta how the more precise Pokemon hunting apps have popped up and people are concerned with how easy it makes things. Kind of like how modern fishing is done with sonar and shit vs. the old rod and reel.

That's adorable!

giphy.gif

Here in France I kept reading stories where people don't even dare to talk to each other and just smiale. I can kinda testefy, I met many other players but none kinda say "hi"

I don't even have the game but I have many friends who are playing and many times we met with other players and discuss with them. What I see of the game is people enjoying doing this with others or to meet people.

I even was in a parc like at 10pm and saw like 50 Pokémon players in on hour. We discussed with many and I even joked with one fun group about the fact that I have a Windows Phone and my life had now no meaning... they told me that clearly I should take the opportunity and jump in the parc's lake lol
They were even joking about one of them having shitty Pokémon telling him he should go back to Candy Crush lol

At My job I have this poster on my desk with Pokémon toys and I go with people during the lunch break Pokémon hunting.

Maybe it depends were you live but it was in and near Paris and still people were having a great time together (we are well known even in France for not smiling in streets and public places like making friends was only possible in a place and a moment you've chosen. So not Metro and streets :/ ).

It's just sad that (probably) because of the terrorists' attacks Niantic, Nintendo, TPC don't want to incite people to go outside in groups. Life should continue as usual and even a "small" game like this not being available is like losing something to them :(
even if everyone is already playing here

Prologue

Ok the desktop map program linked here and on reddit is absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Every pokemon at inputed coordinates in a radius of your choosing (up to gigantic), how much time they have left until despawn, filter out pokemon you don't want to see, get alerts for pokemon you want if they spawn, generate a shareable link for mobile users, see all stops and if they are lured, and see gyms and who owns them along with prestige level.

I can't say all that and not link to it (quote for link, but let me know if its even still kosher to link to it), but I don't think it would be let off scot-free once they get their servers under control and such. Its up to you if you want to use it.

i'm having issues changing mil location. any tips?

Today was my first proper opportunity to go out and put some time into this game and I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I did feel a bit conspicuous but I noticed some other people also looking down at their phone in the same areas as me, so maybe some other players.

I ran out of the starting quota of pokeballs on Thursday and there are no convenient pokestops at work or near home, so I had to go into town and see what was there. I found a convenient circuit of pokestops to go round and I got 30 without really noticing it. I might try cycling around home tomorrow to see what's nearby.

So I think I will spend the next couple of weekends amassing tons of pokeballs (assuming there's no restrictive limit) so that when I want to search for Pokemon I'll hardly ever feel like I'm running out.

Pilgrimzero

Over 2 days ive spent maybe 3-4 hours in parks hunting pokemon at multi lured stops and its ravished my supply of balls.

I had about 120 regular, 25 mega, and 20 ultra.

And even being able to tap 3 stops at once while hitting the lures I am down to: 30r, 7m, 13u.

adamy

Banned
Over 2 days ive spent maybe 3-4 hours in parks hunting pokemon at multi lured stops and its ravished my supply of balls.

I had about 120 regular, 25 mega, and 20 ultra.

And even being able to tap 3 stops at once while hitting the lures I am down to: 30r, 7m, 13u.

Yup, same shit happened to me

5 stops with lures in range

Started with 250 regular, 150 great, 50 ultra

After 3 hours I was pretty much completely depleted

PSFan

Is it just me or do lures actually kinda suck? With both lures I have popped and others have popped it just spawns the same crappy pokemon mostly. Pidgeys, caterpies, rattatas etc. Very rarely are there "good" ones that pop up.

Niantic should think about changing them so that better Pokemon show up, then people might think they are worth spending real money on instead of waiting for a level up reward.

So I think I will spend the next couple of weekends amassing tons of pokeballs (assuming there's no restrictive limit) so that when I want to search for Pokemon I'll hardly ever feel like I'm running out.
Well you can only carry so many items in your bag and that total is shared with all items including incubators. It's as easy to run out as it is to collect them if Pokestops aren't near by.

foladar

Is it just me or do lures actually kinda suck? With both lures I have popped and others have popped it just spawns the same crappy pokemon mostly. Pidgeys, caterpies, rattatas etc. Very rarely are there "good" ones that pop up.

Niantic should think about changing them so that better Pokemon show up, then people might think they are worth spending real money on instead of waiting for a level up reward.

My local park is pretty sweet with lures, gotten starters, Ponyta, Mankey, Geodudes, etc

adamy

Banned

Lures are amazing

Although they become exponentially more better when you start to stack like 3 or more

PSFan

My local park is pretty sweet with lures, gotten starters, Ponyta, Mankey, Geodudes, etc

Damn, the best things I remember from lures are a Meowth once and a couple Gastlys. And I think I got a Mankey from a lure the other day, but that's about it lol.

Sure, but that doesn't mean you still won't hit the limits and still run out of pokeballs lol.

Well, if you stop worrying about levelling so much and throwing all your balls at Pidgeys, you won't run out of Pokeballs. I've caught about half the Pokemon now and I have never run out of balls. And I'm currently level 14 so I only recently started getting Great balls.

I don't bother with gyms really, just catching Pokemon. So I don't really power them up.

Why did my 10k egg have to be an Onix? Fuck me.

My 10k hatched to a Kabuto today. 336CP. I wouldn't mind an Onix thought. Haven't even seen one yet.

Lures are amazing

Although they become exponentially more better when you start to stack like 3 or more

What do you mean by stack? Can you put more than one lure in a Pokestop at a time? Or do you mean popping one right after one ends?

adamy

Banned
Very rarely does any new or rare pokes pop up for me at lures. Good for leveling but not much else anymore.

The more rare Pokémon require that you get off your ass and actually go

Hence the name of the game

Edit: Think about it. If you could catch the more rare shit consistently at lures, they wouldn't be rare

Pilgrimzero

I was at a 2 spot earlier. 1 lured spot was nothing but Magicarps. The other was Pidgys and Rats.

Lunar FC

Edit: Think about it. If you could catch the more rare shit consistently at lures, they wouldn't be rare

Alright, I'll get off my ass and find me some Vaporeon's because everybody knows the name trick only works the first time.

PSFan

If that were the case, Pokemon would move around instead of spawning and despawning a different locations. Get off your high horse.

I was at a 2 spot earlier. 1 lured spot was nothing but Magicarps. The other was Pidgys and Rats.

Yeah, exact same thing happened to me. My local public library has three pokestops right in front of it. There was a lure on one of them and magikarps just kept popping out of it. I got to 100 Magikarp candies because of it haha.

adamy

Banned
If that were the case, Pokemon would move around instead of spawning and despawning a different locations. Get off your high horse.

Lol recommending that you actually walk while playing Pokemon go means I'm on a high horse?

K buddy lol

Gandalf

Great haul from London today...

Gengar, Dewgong, Seadra, Golduck, Parasect, Cloyster, Seaking and some other good stuff.

Also banter that there is an unobtainable (to the public) Pikachu spawn at 10 Downing St. Thanks Theresa.

Really building a decent high leveled squad to take over gyms.

scottnak

Haven't we learned by now that when someone says "they're extremely common" that there's an implicit (where I am) everywhere?

* does not apply to pidgey, zubat, rattatta

adamy

Banned
and for the bro who asked what I meant about stacking lures: I mean when several pokestops are very close to each other and all have active lures

Example of spot I hit up pretty often

image.png

Darryl

Banned
Is there any point in levelling this guy up?
image2msmg.png

Or is the game just trolling me? :I

it's one candy per power up rn. use one and see how much cp you get. then see if you think you can get it somewhere good cheaper than the 125 candies needed to evolve a ghastly. it's probably easier to power up that gengar than it will be to buy a new one.

adamy

Banned
I got that very same Ivysaur this morning, CP19. And I'm level 13 haha.
I refuse to transfer it cuz I figure at some point surely they'll make a change so that evolved Pokemon reward more candy...it makes so much sense...so it must happen eventually, right..?

Well, if you stop worrying about levelling so much and throwing all your balls at Pidgeys, you won't run out of Pokeballs. I've caught about half the Pokemon now and I have never run out of balls. And I'm currently level 14 so I only recently started getting Great balls.
It has less to do with leveling up and more to do with evolving Pokemon for the pokedex and them just being harder to catch later on. My initial response was just a warning that you do need to hit up pokestops more frequently and stockpiling can only go so far.

PSFan

I refuse to transfer it cuz I figure at some point surely they'll make a change so that evolved Pokemon reward more candy...it makes so much sense...so it must happen eventually, right..?

I dunno, I'm not transferring mine either cuz I want an Ivysaur. I have a 292 Bulbasaur I can evolve to a Venusaur eventually. Unless I run into a wild one at some point haha.

It has less to do with leveling up and more to do with evolving Pokemon for the pokedex and them just being harder to catch later on. My initial response was just a warning that you do need to hit up pokestops more frequently and stockpiling can only go so far.

Oh I do. I spend a lot of time at my library spinning the 3 pokestops. Then after a while I can go to the pier right down the street that has a pokestop at either end. There's also usually a lure going at one of them, so I can just go back and forth amassing pokeballs and steps to hatch eggs. I actually just got a bag upgrade today because I want to stock great balls now that I can use them hehe.

adamy

Banned
I dunno, I'm not transferring mine either cuz I want an Ivysaur. I have a 292 Bulbasaur I can evolve to a Venusaur eventually. Unless I run into a wild one at some point haha.

it just doesn't make any sense to me why a fully evolved Pokemon rewards the same candy as a base one

Like literally makes 0 sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom