• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

So are people against poke vision as well? I do t see much problem with it. I still do my normal walks and drives even with it. The only thing it has changed is when I want to chill, I atleast get an idea of when it's worth to walk a min or two down street. The scripting going on is kind of whack as it definitely takes away the parts of the game I like, the thrill of the hunt, and social aspects.
I think pokévision is really minor in the grand scheme of things. It still requires users to go to a location. My ideal would be a map integrated in the game that offers less specificity about where exactly a Pokémon is (give it like a quarter mile radius where it may appear or something). I would like if Niantic made this an actual part of the game, to cause people to congregate near certain areas for rarer Pokémon that might appear every once in a while. Make it like swarms from the traditional games.

GulAtiCa

looks like the trick of changing eevee's name ins't working anymore, is that it ?

It works, but apparently only works for the 1st time of that particular Eevee evolution. So if you already have a Vaporeon, naming it Rainer won't guarantee you another one. This info could be wrong though.

I used it to get both a Vaporeon and a Jolteon. Worked for me.

They should make it so that Pokestops give you more items if they're the only pokestop in a certain area. Like, if one pokestop is the only one within 5 miles, it gives out 8-10 items instead of 3-4. It would go along way to help people who can't camp out in the middle of three Pokestops because they don't live in a city. If I can realistically only hit like 3 Pokestops in a day, that means I get maybe 9 Pokeballs if I'm lucky, which is enough to catch me like 3-4 Pokemon. Catching 3 pidgeys a day isn't super fun.

Solrac

do you already have 1 of each? or at least the same one that you tried?

It works, but apparently only works for the 1st time of that particular Eevee evolution. So if you already have a Vaporeon, naming it Rainer won't guarantee you another one. This info could be wrong though.

I used it to get both a Vaporeon and a Jolteon. Worked for me.

i did the trick once, looks like after that isn't working anymore, so sad :(

hydruxo

So where do we stand on this Pokevision thing?

Blatant cheating? Justifiable cheating because the tracking is still fucked? Fair game?

I've got no problem with it as long as the 3 step bug is a thing and there's no communication from Niantic about when it'll be addressed.

Blatant cheating? Justifiable cheating because the tracking is still fucked? Fair game?

I'm not super clear on how it would be considered cheating. The game doesn't tell you how to find the nearby Pokemon because the system is broken. Additionally, Pokevision isn't just a map to catching all of the 150 available in your region. Every time I've used it, it does a great job of telling me where all the Ratatas and Pidgeys are, and I never end up going outside. The best thing I've gotten because of it is a Rhydon.

They should make it so that Pokestops give you more items if they're the only pokestop in a certain area. Like, if one pokestop is the only one within 5 miles, it gives out 8-10 items instead of 3-4. It would go along way to help people who can't camp out in the middle of three Pokestops because they don't live in a city. If I can realistically only hit like 3 Pokestops in a day, that means I get maybe 9 Pokeballs if I'm lucky, which is enough to catch me like 3-4 Pokemon. Catching 3 pidgeys a day isn't super fun.
This sounds like an excellent idea honestly. Would go a long way to address some of the grievances of rural players.

Maybe you should submit that suggestion to Niantic formally.

ironmang

I think it'd be cool if a user is at a spot without pokestops on the map that items will randomly come up on the map. If they also allowed rare pokemon to spawn at the same rate across the country that'd be great too. It'd for sure get me going on long nature walks if I would have the balls to throw and the pokemon to catch.

rhythm

Neo Member
i did the trick once, looks like after that isn't working anymore, so sad :(

Yep you can only use the trick once for each of them even if you already have all three eeveelutions registered to your pokedex prior. I already had all three before this trick surfaced but I decided to evolve some higher cp ones that I've caught recently and it worked for Vap and Flare. Saving the sparky trick for when I get a 700+ Eevee haha.

hemo memo

I've got no problem with it as long as the 3 step bug is a thing and there's no communication from Niantic about when it'll be addressed.

The communication is beyond terrible. I've never witnessed something like this for a big game. It makes me appreciate the like of CDPR even more.

I was initially against it, but Niantic seem to be completely silent and the nearby function is completely broken.

So...if i want to catch Pokemon that I'm yet to get, I'll be using it.

Yeah, I've been using it because of the bug. But I wonder if I'll stop using it once the bug is fixed :p

I'm not super clear on how it would be considered cheating. The game doesn't tell you how to find the nearby Pokemon because the system is broken. Additionally, Pokevision isn't just a map to catching all of the 150 available in your region. Every time I've used it, it does a great job of telling me where all the Ratatas and Pidgeys are, and I never end up going outside. The best thing I've gotten because of it is a Rhydon.
Well I guess a big part of the perceived "cheating" comes from the fact that you can place the scan marker anywhere. So let's say you scan a place more than a mile away, and you find some rare Pokemon there. You hop in your car and go chase it down, and you wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for Pokevision, since the game itself wouldn't have tracked a Pokemon that far away.

Then there's the matter of pinpointing exact locations. The developers made the spawn times and paw tracking in a way so that it's pretty much impossible to consistently find every Pokemon in your nearby list without some of them despawning or being extra tricky to find. The fact that some Pokemon get away is inherently a part of the game. Pokevision takes out all of the guesswork.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, I've been using it because of the bug. But I wonder if I'll stop using it once the bug is fixed :p

Well I guess a big part of the perceived "cheating" comes from the fact that you can place the scan marker anywhere. So let's say you scan a place more than a mile away, and you find some rare Pokemon there. You hop in your car and go chase it down, and you wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for Pokevision, since the game itself wouldn't have tracked a Pokemon that far away.

Then there's the matter of pinpointing exact locations. The developers made the spawn times and paw tracking in a way so that it's pretty much impossible to consistently find every Pokemon in your nearby list without some of them despawning or being extra tricky to find. The fact that some Pokemon get away is inherently a part of the game. Pokevision takes out all of the guesswork.

Pokevision seems like a thing you'd keep open alongside Go to find Pokemon easily.

It still doesn't solve the inherent 'there are no Spots around you, so less Pokemon inherently spawn'

taco543

Never got a 10k egg till I hit 20 then I got 3 at once, two of which turned into eevees and the third turned into a dratini with 30 candies.

JCH!

Anybody else having problems logging into the app on Android? I constantly get the 'Our servers are humbled by your response.' screen while my girlfriend next to me has no problems at all. Any ideas?

If I see a Pokemon at a certain location is there a possibility it will reappear 24 hours later in the same place?

There's a chance it may appear in the same location an hour later. That same spawnpoint will spawn a new mon 1 hour after you noticed it spawn the first mon, but there's no guarantee it will be the same mon that spawns.

Some spawnpoints seem to have a variety of monsters whilst others have a few. For example I have a spawn near me that quite consistently spawns Onix, but it also spawns rattatas, pidgeys, jigglypuffs, etc.

sam777

Maybe?

Some areas are hotspots for certain ones but some things just spawn randomly

There's a chance it may appear in the same location an hour later. That same spawnpoint will spawn a new mon 1 hour after you noticed it spawn the first mon, but there's no guarantee it will be the same mon that spawns.

Some spawnpoints seem to have a variety of monsters whilst others have a few. For example I have a spawn near me that quite consistently spawns Onix, but it also spawns rattatas, pidgeys, jigglypuffs, etc.

Thanks, I just missed out on a Pikachu, so I will have to keep an eye out in the future.

Dominator

Uhhhhh...

936CDE13-B7CD-4DB7-A75B-218088305509_zpsbmkpqt5p.png

Now I've already done it twice with each evolution. Does it not allow you to do it anymore after a certain amount of attempts?

Majukun

everyone has it's opinion..for me it's justifiable cheating since the actual mechanics that should allow you to actually find a pokèmon doesn't work atm

also it takes away an element of luck from the game,so depending on how you see it it can be deemed unfair or more fair than the normal game,since now everyone can get that dratini and not the couple guys who appened to be at the right point in time in the right place
Uhhhhh...

Now I've already done it twice with each evolution. Does it not allow you to do it anymore after a certain amount of attempts?

only one time per type of evo..scondo time it was probably just a coincidence,33% chance anyway of get what you want.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw a Dragonite on PokeVision and went out to get it. Only cp560 but oh well. But on the way back, snagged 2 Mankeys, a Bellsprout, and a cp1206 Aerodactyl (Shit IVs, oh well). That's some pretty good luck, though.

Fireblend

Banned
How is it that I have reached 50% completion on my Pokedex and am still to catch my favorite Pokemon? Growlithes seem to elude me. It's sadder that I see Arcanines at gyms ALL the time and for some reason I've only seen a growlithe outline once when riding a bus. D:

Majukun

How is it that I have reached 50% completion on my Pokedex and am still to catch my favorite Pokemon? Growlithes seem to elude me. It's sadder that I see Arcanines at gyms ALL the time and for some reason I've only seen a growlithe outline once when riding a bus. D:

my town is basically a growlithe den,but i only catched a single weedle since i started playing while everyone seems to drown in those little worms

Darryl

Banned

maybe there's some spawn points around your city somewhere. try asking people !

Pop

Kinda blows living in a smaller town. Especially when I go onto Pokevision and stare at San Francisco.

I think the rarest pokemon I've seen is Snorlax here.

Micapo

Just came home from a walk and pokevision was open on my computer and noticed that Dragonite was up but would despawn in 2 minutes... A couple of minutes earlier I apparentely walked about ~100 meters from it and didn't see it. fml

T.O.P

Banned
First kinda rare spawn i get is a Warturtle, 10 minutes from home

I rush the hell out to go get it, stuck in traffick, got there 1 minute late

...i get back home...i see a Charmeleon spawn in the same fuckin spot

...i'm mad af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom