• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

i leveled up and my items now exceed my carry limit. is it that you get the items from leveling even if you're at the limit, but you won't get items from pokestops?

Yeah. I noticed that some levels back. Was full in bag space but still got my level up items. But until you bring yourself back down, the Stops won't give you anything. Which is okay with me because I like that EXP flowing in.

I just caved and got some coins to up my item storage x2. Mainly because holy moly. Hyper Potions out the rear. And so low on Pokeballs and all. Hope to find a gym worth tackling that doesn't have some ridiculous Gyarados or Dragonite in it to use some up.

ChrisW

They really need to up the amount of different Pokemon spawn other than just Pigey, weedle and rattatas cause I'm level 15 now and they are the ONLY things that spawn in my village. I even set a lure and all I got was a constant stream of pidgey's. I have no Pokemon that I would consider (special) all common things :(

Starting to lose interest a bit, cause I can't get out of my village as much as I would like, working a full time job

It might be worth noting Nintendo considers it a multiplayer game. But if it's not enough for players to be able to coordinate within the same game world, if it's not enough for them to be able to influence the behavior of the game world through lures, if it's not enough for them to use their powered-up Pokémon to claim territory, and to cooperate with other players in simultaneous interactions with AI-controlled opponents to conquer new territory, what would be enough for you? When they add trades, will you call it multiplayer?

Pee Vee Pee (I consider it a social game btw. Asynchronos multiplayer maybe. I know you didn't ask me, but I responded :p). A lot of people I've met are basically waiting for this. I'm not even sure it's coming, but would be a hugely missed opportunity if not. And it would make sense in that the pokemon card game was also for both collecting and pvp.

Matbtz

Hi, I have a question : Does the potential of a pokemon depends of the lvl ? If I catch at level 10 a pokemon and the same at higher CP at level 20, can I power up the two at the same CP limit ?
If for example the CP limit for eevee at level 40 is 800, can I power up an eevee to 800 if I did catch him at lower levels ? Or I can reach this CP limit only by catching an Eevee at level 40 ?

Chaos17

Fanart time~

CoCbRF1UIAAc6YV.png

https://twitter.com/kururirura/status/756775487364476928

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hi, I have a question : Does the potential of a pokemon depends of the lvl ? If I catch at level 10 a pokemon and the same at higher CP at level 20, can I power up the two at the same CP limit ?
If for example the CP limit for eevee at level 40 is 800, can I power up an eevee to 800 if I did catch him at lower levels ? Or I can reach this CP limit only by catching an Eevee at level 40 ?
CP limit is a function of level so, yes. If you catch a 'mon at level 10 its CP limit will go up every time you level until it's at the same limit as a similar 'mon at level 20.

Being higher is mostly useful for increasing the range of CP you might encounter in the wild (because your level gives them a higher upper bound). This saves you a lot of Stardust and Candy in the long run.

There's also IVs: http://www.thebitbag.com/pokemon-go-iv-individual-values-important/166130

It might be worth noting Nintendo considers it a multiplayer game. But if it's not enough for players to be able to coordinate within the same game world, if it's not enough for them to be able to influence the behavior of the game world through lures, if it's not enough for them to use their powered-up Pokémon to claim territory, and to cooperate with other players in simultaneous interactions with AI-controlled opponents to conquer new territory, what would be enough for you? When they add trades, will you call it multiplayer?

A bad multiplayer game it's still a multiplayer game, so... yeah, it's definitely a multiplayer game no matter how poor and limited the interactions are.

Matbtz

CP limit is a function of level so, yes. If you catch a 'mon at level 10 its CP limit will go up every time you level until it's at the same limit as a similar 'mon at level 20.

Being higher is mostly useful for increasing the range of CP you might encounter in the wild (because your level gives them a higher upper bound). This saves you a lot of Stardust and Candy in the long run.

There's also IVs: http://www.thebitbag.com/pokemon-go-iv-individual-values-important/166130

Ok thanks ! Yes I saw that in Pokéassistant with the IV calculator. I wanted confirmation that it was level based :)
Don't have any really good pokemon with good IVs right now (level 19)

ViciousDS

Banned
god, I just hope this tells Nintendo the power of pokemon and how much effect a MMORPG version of it would increase NX sales especially if they can cause it to exist alongside GO where they interact with each other. Where GO is when you leave the house and stuff you can get items for the game, powerup pokemon while mobile and otherstuff. While the mmorpg version would have the standard good battle system in place, gyms where you party up to take down NPC's to earn your badges and shit. Then expansions would be new regions and just expand on the game much like the current pokemon now. You start fresh moving to a new region and everything until a certain point and then you can transfer your pokemon over.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally at 101 pokemon caught. I've got 5 that are close to evolving too.

Right now my biggest troubles are finding Scyther, Hitmonlee, Doduo's, Lapras(I encountered one but it ran), Bulbasaurs so that I can evolve mine and Magmar. I haven't encountered magnamite yet but i've seen it around. I know a Charmander area but it's kind of annoying to go to so getting charizard would quite a long time.

I swear I have the worst luck with eggs. My four 10km eggs ended up being two low CP Onix and two Eevee. Meanwhile most gyms around me are run by Snorlax, Lapras, Aerodactyl, and others. When will it be my turn? T~T

At least I finally got the last Eeveelution with the newest Eevee

Majukun

ok, now I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my town playing this game how it's supposed to be played (by walking and all)
met only one guy (and he looked like a tourist) playing this game around, but still there's a continuous war for gyms here.. also I was standing right in front of a gym that was being attacked and no one in sight was even using a smartphone, let alone playing.
last but not least I so another gym became vacant right in front of me and no one was playing nearby

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wanting to cull my list a little bit, doing some research into how to optimize:

1) Does the IV for a base pokemon transfer to the evolved form? Will garbage IV for a Eevee improve with evolution? Or the alternate, will IV > 90% transfer over?

2) Does it matter at all what attacks the base pokemon has before evolution? Or are the attacks after evolution randomly assigned?

MANUELF

Banned
They really need to up the amount of different Pokemon spawn other than just Pigey, weedle and rattatas cause I'm level 15 now and they are the ONLY things that spawn in my village. I even set a lure and all I got was a constant stream of pidgey's. I have no Pokemon that I would consider (special) all common things :(

Starting to lose interest a bit, cause I can't get out of my village as much as I would like, working a full time job

Sometimes you get rare pokemon from incenses, I got a Scyther and I have yet to see one in my city

Dominator

All you motherfuckers saying its easy to get Eevees. I've got 15 candies and been playing since the 10th.

Been stuck on 59 for four or five days now.
I've hatched 3 Eevee's out of 10km eggs so far :'(

I've only gotten about 5 of them total. The other two were Jinx and Onyx.

nick nacc

Banned
I swear I have the worst luck with eggs. My four 10km eggs ended up being two low CP Onix and two Eevee. Meanwhile most gyms around me are run by Snorlax, Lapras, Aerodactyl, and others. When will it be my turn? T~T

At least I finally got the last Eeveelution with the newest Eevee

What was the level of the eevee before evolving. wondering when I should go for it

Biske

Would be great if they would add in some more generation, at least some more basic guys, cause yeah after a while pidgey and rattatas get old.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i've gotten 4 10km eggs (lvl 16), they were kabuto, aerodactyl, magmar and omanyte. got one more going now, hopefully it's snorlax or lapras.

although i guess i'm due my 10km weedle.

Lunar FC

i've gotten 4 10km eggs (lvl 16), they were kabuto, aerodactyl, magmar and omanyte. got one more going now, hopefully it's snorlax or lapras.

although i guess i'm due my 10k weedle.

You can't get a weedle out of a 10k.

101/101 on my pokedex, on my way. What are you guys?

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah so your browser geo-location is not working too well! !

what phone model is it? are you indoors with it. Maybe the geolocation services are trying to use your wifi hotspot and are misled.

I'm getting a +/- accuracy of 1500m from my desktop computer at home. Is it because Chrome is a piece of shit or something?

So after collecting some data from GAF users on my tool here is the spawn popularity numbers. 112 unique seen. There are 151 total, so 39 did not get seen. In order or rarity.
TLDR, its a Weedle Rattata Pidgey world.

1 Butterfree
1 Dragonite
1 Electrode
1 Kangaskhan
1 Magneton
1 Marowak
1 Poliwrath
1 Weezing
2 Flareon
2 Machoke
2 Nidoqueen
2 Persian
3 Cloyster
3 Nidoking
3 Omanyte
3 Sandslash
3 Slowbro
3 Starmie
3 Wartortle
4 Ivysaur
4 Mr. Mime
5 Hitmonchan
5 Machamp
6 Electabuzz
6 Seaking
7 Hitmonlee
7 Lickitung
8 Golduck
8 Onix
9 Graveler
9 Kabuto
9 Kadabra
9 Magmar
9 Nidorino
9 Tentacruel
10 Snorlax
11 Poliwhirl
12 Grimer
12 Vulpix
13 Haunter
14 Arbok
14 Beedrill
14 Dodrio
17 Nidorina
17 Parasect
18 Seadra
19 Hypno
21 Gloom
21 Venomoth
21 Weepinbell
22 Kingler
23 Scyther
26 Tangela
27 Koffing
28 Charmander
29 Fearow
29 Voltorb
30 Pikachu
31 Dratini
33 Diglett
34 Magnemite
34 Pidgeot
37 Jynx
37 Machop
40 Cubone
44 Seel
46 Mankey
48 Sandshrew
49 Tauros
52 Geodude
54 Ponyta
58 Golbat
58 Rhyhorn
59 Jigglypuff
62 Metapod
64 Bulbasaur
65 Tentacool
68 Growlithe
68 Slowpoke
77 Shellder
78 Abra
85 Pinsir
90 Squirtle
95 Meowth
111 Ekans
113 Clefairy
115 Exeggcute
121 Goldeen
122 Staryu
129 Psyduck
130 Raticate
147 Kakuna
153 Gastly
156 Horsea
157 Doduo
175 Poliwag
195 Magikarp
204 Bellsprout
216 Pidgeotto
217 Krabby
242 Oddish
256 Drowzee
387 Paras
410 Nidoran♂
475 Eevee
475 Venonat
489 Caterpie
553 Spearow
559 Zubat
768 Weedle
808 Rattata
874 Pidgey

None of these turned up so far.

> Aerodactyl
> Alakazam
> Arcanine
> Articuno
> Blastoise
> Chansey
> Charizard
> Charmeleon
> Clefable
> Dewgong
> Ditto
> Dragonair
> Dugtrio
> Exeggutor
> Farfetch'd
> Gengar
> Golem
> Gyarados
> Jolteon
> Kabutops
> Lapras
> Mew
> Mewtwo
> Moltres
> Muk
> Nidoran♀
> Ninetales
> Omastar
> Porygon
> Primeape
> Raichu
> Rapidash
> Rhydon
> Vaporeon
> Venusaur
> Victreebel
> Vileplume
> Wigglytuff
> Zapdos

(some of these are being held back by Niantic on purpose).

I'm getting a +/- accuracy of 1500m from my desktop computer at home. Is it because Chrome is a piece of shit or something?

Desktop/laptop Browsers without GPS or cell tower information fall back to wifi hotspot location databases or other guesses.
So in that case it can be totally out. It would be scary if it was always bang on TBH.

Sai-kun

Banned
Desktop/laptop Browsers without GPS or cell tower information fall back to wifi hotspot location databases or other guesses.
So in that case it can be totally out. It would be scary if it was always bang on TBH.

haha yeah that's fair. it just doesn't seem to pick up my location at all when i'm on my cell phone.

haha yeah that's fair. it just doesn't seem to pick up my location at all when i'm on my cell phone.

it should, the later link using https should ask for permission and then make a better stab at finding your position.
Did you try the github link I posted, using your phone? does that work?

Wazzy

Banned
None of these turned up so far.

> Aerodactyl
> Alakazam
> Arcanine
> Articuno
> Blastoise
> Chansey
> Charizard
> Charmeleon
> Clefable
> Dewgong
> Ditto
> Dragonair
> Dugtrio
> Exeggutor
> Farfetch'd
> Gengar
> Golem
> Gyarados
> Jolteon
> Kabutops
> Lapras
> Mew
> Mewtwo
> Moltres
> Muk
> Nidoran♀
> Ninetales
> Omastar
> Porygon
> Primeape
> Raichu
> Rapidash
> Rhydon
> Vaporeon
> Venusaur
> Victreebel
> Vileplume
> Wigglytuff
> Zapdos

(some of these are being held back by Niantic on purpose).

Just as a heads up my area has spawned all the bolded multiple times. They're not frequent but they do spawn.

Ugh, finally evolved my magikarp and the gyarados has absolute garbage moves like I was afraid of. This is kind of frustrating with the garbage movesets they might randomly get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom