• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Wanting to cull my list a little bit, doing some research into how to optimize:

1) Does the IV for a base pokemon transfer to the evolved form? Will garbage IV for a Eevee improve with evolution? Or the alternate, will IV > 90% transfer over?

2) Does it matter at all what attacks the base pokemon has before evolution? Or are the attacks after evolution randomly assigned?

1. Wondering this as well.

2. Completely random.

Sai-kun

Banned
it should, the later link using https should ask for permission and then make a better stab at finding your position.
Did you try the github link I posted, using your phone? does that work?

Yeah, it found me within 300m, but the dslreports site still can't find my location. Using Safari on an iPhone 6 if that matters at all.

ViciousDS

Banned
I've been using it since it wax released and it still stops after 30 mins. It also seems to stop quicker when you access it on mobile.

went for a walk due to a kabuto and it was still updating when I got back. Was a decent walk length.

Will just keep it running and play WoW. If I come back to it and nothings there then yes it still timesout then

Also don't forget if you use google it auto timeouts after 30 minutes....that can't be fixed using that method.

Just as a heads up my area has spawned all the bolded multiple times. They're not frequent but they do spawn.

Agreed. I've seen several you highlighted and a few others (notably Muk, which I couldn't catch twice now).

It makes sense that pidgey and weedle and such would spawn with greater frequency, while stronger/evolved/rare pokemon show up much less frequently.

On a similar note, I was in one of the most rural, empty parts of lower Michigan a while ago (the entire drive from Hillsdale to Dundee is like that, really) and saw several scyther and caught a Wigglytuff, neither of which I had ever seen before.

Edit: actually also saw a mankee and ekans on the nearby radar, which I have never seen in the metro Detroit area-- or the rest of the state while I drive around to different cities for deliveries. Maybe they're more common down in/near Indiana/Ohio? I had a few of them from eggs already, otherwise I'd have stayed around to see what else popped up.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they should add a way of instead of turning a pokemon into candy you could turn it into stardust instead would make all these trash pokemon useful

Owari

how ? the comic con stuff ? thought it was not true ? would be unfair to the people that are not at comic con because legendarys would wipe gyms
We don't know if it's true or not, but all signs are pointing to true. It's not really unfair, everyone in here had to stand in a long line for hours to enter this room. It's not just pay money, get legendary.

I'm hoping it's the bird of choice from your team, so I can finally get an electric Pokémon that doesn't suck. Time to die, Vape gyms.

Saw a Golem on my tracker, but my phone's GPS wasn't working. Rebooted. phone couldn't get a GPS signal. Google Maps says I don't exist. Rebooted again. Got it working, and of course the Golem is gone.

T1Iq26G.jpg

Lmao what the hell.

Drain You

Finally found an awesome spot near my town. Two visits have gotten me a ton of new Pokemon. Ekans, Vulpix, Growlithe, Magnemite, Tentacool, Meowth, Ponyta, Koffing, Meowth, Voltorb, and Cubone all show up fairly often. Even ended up running into a Haunter, Marowak, Tangela, and Electabuzz. Place was hopping with too. Pretty good for the CT Valley area.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Went to the park today, and suddenly there was a mass exodus. A Dragonair had been spotted! Where he was at:

Game continues to amaze me with stuff like that. I'm at 34 caught so far, think my rarest are Dragonair and Porygon.

Family day out in the countryside, told my son we might find some new pokémon, he was hyped.

So yea, this game is not much fun outside towns and cities, I can definitely see that.

Yep I have to walk 15 minutes to reach a pokestop, and around me there's only the occasional weedle and pidgey. But visiting the cities is actually fun and leads to more meetups with friends and the like. The game definitely started something.

Sealtest

Could someone please tell me if there are any sandshrews spawning anywhere in my city right now? I must find them.

Windsor, Ontario

ViciousDS

Banned
We don't know if it's true or not, but all signs are pointing to true. It's not really unfair, everyone in here had to stand in a long line for hours to enter this room. It's not just pay money, get legendary.

I'm hoping it's the bird of choice from your team, so I can finally get an electric Pokémon that doesn't suck. Time to die, Vape gyms.

Aw man, poor you

It's totally not unfair because you got to stand in line for a few hours, while millions around the world who can't go to conventions like this get completely fucked and a big middle finger.

Sai-kun

Banned

It's probably going to spawn first at SDCC, and then roll out to cities

Lunar FC

Could someone please tell me if there are any sandshrews spawning anywhere in my city right now? I must find them.

Windsor, Ontario

None in the part of the city I checked. But my god are yall flooded with Drowsees, also alot of Jynx's which I'm jelly of.

Hikami

Also got a Lapras from a 10k egg :D (came out at like 1700 but it gave me a ton of candies so I just maxed it out)
My strongest Pokemon now

sHYnuwE.png

Wazzy

Banned
Update us please! I want to know if legendary will be released everywhere or just at comic con if that tweet ends up being true.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Why is move balance SO out of whack.
Especially the fact that there's like no decent attack moves for fire\fighting\electric, while water and ground laugh all the way to the bank.

SalvaPot

John Hanke is talking about how he saw a map a real map, and tried to make it an adventure.

Btw, its just him and Chris on the panel.

Niantic's refeers to a ship in San Francisco and SF is build on it, so it refers to a hidden world beliw the surface

Caught a Blastoise on the Santa Monica pier earlier today. It was crazy how nuts everybody was going running onto the beach to grab it. I was so excited until I saw my CP was 165. Why?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

I'm a level 23 trainer and I heard some people who were level 10 got one that was CP 900. Damn what a swing of emotions that was for me, haha.

Have there been any reports of Niantic increasing staff or timelines for updates? It seems like they are content sitting on their ass and collecting the money right now.

Btw I read somewhere that CP and moveset for hatched Pokemon are determined by your trainer level when you receive the egg, and not when it actually hatches, thus making it worthwhile to hatch eggs as soon as you get them.

I don't know how legit any of that is, but do you guys have any insight?

Venom Fox

Banned
Yoooo my new Lickingtung has beast mode stamina. You can continually attack and wipe out any Pokemon. Beat a Vaporeon to death before with it's tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom