• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
John talks about how VR is not as great as AR because VR isolates you more, meanwhile AR motivates you to go out.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion as well when I was out the other day. Although I don't think AR is necessarily better than VR, one technology clearly embraces the physical world while the other one rejects it.

Drain You

Quick question and I'm sorry if its been covered before.

Also I'm not the best at explaining but ok so lets say I'm at a spot, I've been trying to catch EVERYTHING in hopes that catching that Pokemon will "make way" for new Pokemon to spawn. Am I doing that for no damn reason? Only reason I ask is I'm constantly in need of Pokeballs because of this. Will the crappy Pidgey or whatever despawn when something new was going to pop up anyways?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, you can't manually "exhaust" a location. Everyone sees the same spawns (outside of incense) and spawning is time based, not catch rate based.

SalvaPot

John was very stressed while working at Google, so he read that walking is great for that, his purpose was not to propose it as a fitness app, they just want it to be fun.

Quick question and I'm sorry if its been covered before.

Also I'm not the best at explaining but ok so lets say I'm at a spot, I've been trying to catch EVERYTHING in hopes that catching that Pokemon will "make way" for new Pokemon to spawn. Am I doing that for no damn reason? Only reason I ask is I'm constantly in need of Pokeballs because of this. Will the crappy Pidgey or whatever despawn when something new was going to pop up anyways?
Catching Pokemon won't make new ones spawn. After a certain amount of time old Pokemon will despawn and new ones will spawn, but not necessarily at the same time. Everything is on individual timers. Nothing you can do but wait

Chaos17

Edit 2:05pm: John talks about him going to Japan for event and the servers got bombarded. Spoke about Google cloud helping. Surreal for him to watch it happening from Japan. Chris touches on frustration about servers but acknowledges that the popularity couldn't have been predicted. John's local park was flooded and it was amazing to see. The game is just an excuse to go outside for John. Chris saw a "hard dude" at a diner and was playing pogo he told Chris where the good ones are and they bonded. Chris postponed rehearsing this panel to

Does that mean he didn't noticed the servers hiccups ?

Drain You

Did he say Jiggly Poof?

Catching Pokemon won't make new ones spawn. After a certain amount of time old Pokemon will despawn and new ones will spawn, but not necessarily at the same time. Everything is on individual timers. Nothing you can do but wait

Thanks for the info

So something weird just happened; I was just checking how much I had to walk on my 4 5km eggs I turned my phone upside down for power save mode and checked just now to all this crazy font around my egg, I backed out and now I have an additional 2km and 10km egg...I'm near no pokestop whatsoever.....

Wut!?!?!?!?

So something weird just happened; I was just checking how much I had to walk on my 4 5km eggs I turned my phone upside down for power save mode and checked just now to all this crazy font around my egg, I backed out and now I have an additional 2km and 10km egg...I'm near no pokestop whatsoever.....

Wut!?!?!?!?
Don't question it.

Enjoy the eggs.

Chaos17

Did I heard right ?
Pokecenter ?

Edit: they're working hard on servers and that they're planning on adding trading, pokecenters and possibly customizing pokestops.

SalvaPot

John talked about updating and customizing pokestops and gyms with your team.

Also comfirms there is more easter eggs like the eevelutions name.

Muku

Wut!?!?!?!?

Enjoy the eggs!

I'm pretty sure yesterday something like that happened to me too. Every time I get an egg, I check to see the km on it. I've only had two 10km eggs at this point.
And one was a dumb Eevee, made me cry.
All I'd been getting were 2km and 5km eggs, with 5km dominating lately. Pull my phone back up from battery saver mode and in my Egg list is a 10km amongst all the 2 and 5's. I know I didn't have that before. But if they want to convert some of them to 10km, I'll surely take it!

SalvaPot

Q&A

They are not working on breeding, but they might later.

Story tease: Legendary birds are related to the teams AND there is more to it. Not saying quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom