• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????? Zapdos is the fastest of the 3 birds and just like articuno is super effect against the other 2.

speed in the original games does fuck all in this game compared to the other stats

(coincidentally this is why future cover legendaries would have better stats than Mewtwo lol)

Muku

I wonder how they'll handle upcoming gens and their legendary trios then.

I mean, I'm fine with Articuno, but I don't want to be stuck with freaking Suicune...

What the...

Actually I picked blue because I love Articuno. And if it had been based around Gen 2, I'd still have gone blue because Suicune rocks your socks.

Chaos17

Wait so what was announced?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4uemht/my_sdcc_update_thread/

Only features we heard were:
- trading
- pokecenters
- possibly customizing pokestops.
No details given

- Do move sets dictate evolved move sets? Yes.
- Breading not in plans at the moment.

Asking about poaching gyms. It's opened up and someone steals it. John says to be nice and don't do that haha. He acknowledges that as an issue for the future. Chris reiterates there game is still very new.

Red

dtCSHQX.jpg

Shit gets old man.

Did you missed the (second) kid question ?
He asked that (something like that) : "do the team colors are related to the legenday birds ?" Niantics replied "kinda, we will give more details later"
No yeah i heard that but going from that to "ZOMG YOU CAN ONLY CATCH ONE OF THE BIRDS" is crazy.

Thats not what the kid said at all. It was a little 9 year old asking if the birds were related to the teams you get to choose. Dont know if the kid didnt explain himself right or if that was genuinely a dumb kid question but the redditor is bullshitting.

Chaos17

No yeah i heard that but going from that to "ZOMG YOU CAN ONLY CATCH ONE OF THE BIRDS" is crazy.

Here's a confrmation
Q3: Do the three legendary birds have to do with the teams.
A: They are, and we have something to share about that in a little bit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4uemht/my_sdcc_update_thread/d5p61li

I was there. The kid did NOT ask if it affects the legendary you get, he asked if they are related to the team.
And how do you think they're going to be related ?
Each team color represent the color of one legendary bird and even have a logo about it.
I doubt it, it's just for show.

Oh good. Someone corrected you. But also remember that joining a team is completely optional so it wouldnt make sense to lock the birds behind each team.

DigtialT

Was about to catch the last Eevee I needed to evolve one, finally found a strong one of 282cp, razz berry to make sure it doesn't escape, pokeballs decides to auto curve now, it escapes 4 times, leaves anyway.

Fuck. ;-;

Dishwalla

Banned
No one said anything even remotely close to that.
Okay well sorry for misinterpreting posts like these. I was just asking a question.

Boo greedy guy! He just answered that legendary birds are tied to teams!

Wahoo, so glad I picked the yellow team - zapdos here I come.

I wonder how they'll handle upcoming gens and their legendary trios then.

I mean, I'm fine with Articuno, but I don't want to be stuck with freaking Suicune...

Went out to catch pokemon with my little 6yr old nephew and my sis. He had only like 3 pokeballs left and finally a Krabby appeared for him. He's been looking for it for ages and really likes that pokemon.

Unfortunately we didn't manage to catch it while my sister did, he was out of pokeballs and the little guy just burst into tears.

That shit broke my heart. Gonna swing by my sis' house a bit later, when he's asleep, take his cellphone and get him a couple of hundred pokeballs and hopefully catch that pokemon he really wants.

Even if it takes me all night til dawn.

ChrisW

Went out to catch pokemon with my little 6yr old nephew and my sis. He had only like 3 pokeballs left and finally a Krabby appeared for him. He's been looking for it for ages and really likes that pokemon.

Unfortunately we didn't manage to catch it while my sister did, he was out of pokeballs and the little guy just burst into tears.

That shit broke my heart. Gonna swing by my sis' house a bit later, when he's asleep, take his cellphone and get him a couple of hundred pokeballs and hopefully catch that pokemon he really wants.

Even if it takes me all night til dawn.

Not all hero's wear capes!

Cj01

2 questions

I'm casually playing this and have really bonded with my youngest 12 years old over this. For her birthday coming up I plan on buying her a 3ds so that we can play that together as well. Anyone know where a good stating point is? WE both played yellow a few years ago on our android phones but thats it.

2nd question: Are type pokemons a strategy on gym battles for pokemon GO. Does it matter if I use a water pokemon against a fire pokemon.

GulAtiCa

Has anything been said about switching teams? I like being team blue. But my friend's who hang out with are red. So at some point I'd like to switch.

Has anything been said about switching teams? I like being team blue. But my friend's who hang out with are red. So at some point I'd like to switch.

This seems unlikely to happen if only because this means Niantic can never implement team-specific or competition-specific rewards, because everyone would just jump ship to whatever team was winning an event.

udivision

The best they could probably do would be to add something that's "passive" to the game that you can do from your home... which may go against the point of it.

Maybe once a hour/day/whatever you could choose 2 Pokemon and control 1 to fight the other. You'd still have to use potions to heal them, and the reward would be XP and/or stardust. It just couldn't be something abusable.

I was at the panel. Said they only covered 10% of their ideas when they released the game. Top priority is servers and bugs. He said adding training is a high priority.

ironmang

So... Nothing that hasn't been said in this thread for weeks now?

Well, a confirmation that it's not a priority is definitely worth posting about.

"go for a walk to a place that has it" lmao ok. I'll go for a 30 mile walk in this heat sure.

This seems unlikely to happen if only because this means Niantic can never implement team-specific or competition-specific rewards, because everyone would just jump ship to whatever team was winning an event.

Seems like it'd be a good idea to let people switch teams before they implement anything.

MajorMane

2 questions

I'm casually playing this and have really bonded with my youngest 12 years old over this. For her birthday coming up I plan on buying her a 3ds so that we can play that together as well. Anyone know where a good stating point is? WE both played yellow a few years ago on our android phones but thats it.

2nd question: Are type pokemons a strategy on gym battles for pokemon GO. Does it matter if I use a water pokemon against a fire pokemon.

If you're buying her a 3DS, Pokemon X/Y are probably the best bet. They're generally regarded as "easier" games and they're a wonderful starting point. You could look into OR/AS which are remakes of the Generation 3 games Ruby and Sapphire. Red, Blue, and Yellow are also available on the eShop Virtual Console.

Regarding gyms, yes there is a multiplier bonus for super effective moves. It's not always enough to override a difference in CP/other factors, however.

Well, a confirmation that it's not a priority is definitely worth posting about.

"go for a walk to a place that has it" lmao ok. I'll go for a 30 mile walk in this heat sure.
Their super relaxed demeanor is both good and bad. On the one hand, they dont seem too concerned with stopping third party programs like Pokevision and Pokemon Map which I use, but on the other hand that means theyll be dragging their ass on fixing the tracking system which is the only reason I even use them.

EL CUCO

My phone has taken a legit beating today. Pokestops with lures all over the mall, then finished off at a park where there was about 15 of us fighting over the same gym.

To top it off my daughter was using my hotspot for her own ipad pokemon session. Recruited her into Team Instinct 👍. Score another one for the good guys.

kierwynn

Went to Houston this weekend for Distant Worlds concert and wow... I know people have mentioned it a lot and I've seen the pictures, but actually being there like... the difference between being in a small town and a big city is crazy. Here's where I'm from- this is what the road looks like when we go pokestop hunting:

And here's Houston:

I mean, the place in the picture is a park so it has a lot of stops, but the rest of downtown still had pokestops all over. The best pokestop location in my town has 4 stops (which is sadly better than some places) and hardly has any lures of anything up. This park was pretty much non stop. lol It was really fun, though. There were just tons of people there all playing pokemon and the atmosphere was just really cool. We get a little of that here but nothing on this scale. It's only an hour and a half away, so hoping we can go back sometime and make a day of it!

Firemind

My phone has taken a legit beating today. Pokestops with lures all over the mall, then finished off at a park where there was about 15 of us fighting over the same gym.

To top it off my daughter was using my hotspot for her own ipad pokemon session. Recruited her into Team Insight 👍. Score another one for the good guys.
The name is Instinct.

Went to Houston this weekend for Distant Worlds concert and wow... I know people have mentioned it a lot and I've seen the pictures, but actually being there like... the difference between being in a small town and a big city is crazy. Here's where I'm from- this is what the road looks like when we go pokestop hunting:

And here's Houston:

I mean, the place in the picture is a park so it has a lot of stops, but the rest of downtown still had pokestops all over. The best pokestop location in my town has 4 stops (which is sadly better than some places) and hardly has any lures of anything up. This park was pretty much non stop. lol It was really fun, though. There were just tons of people there all playing pokemon and the atmosphere was just really cool. We get a little of that here but nothing on this scale. It's only an hour and a half away, so hoping we can go back sometime and make a day of it!
My city is fairly small and is officially classified as the poorest in the US but we still have a lot of PokeStops. I guess it's less about size and more about how many Ingress geeks your town had.

I haven't seen many koffing around me but yesterday I started to see them a bit more A bit too coincidental considering the fire going on in so cal and all the smoke where I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom