• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koh

I'm sure a bunch of peeps here have already been doing this but for those who don't know, there's a way to almost guarantee you'll hit the pokemon with your first toss (unless it does an attack animation or evasion animation during it's intro when you throw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aiWIgv0_YA

Hope it helps anyone who's going through too many pokeballs or having difficulty with throwing :p

Thank you. I don't know why, but I always overshoot pidgeys on this first throw. This will save me a ball.

Goes to "search ended" but shows nothing else. Try again and it says only one search per minute. Try again and it says too many clients.

thanks for the feedback. The logs are showing a lot of use that is returning normal results.
It works for anywhere that Niantic have launched AFAIK.

However if a search doesn't return anything, wait a couple of minutes then reload. I believe the Niantic servers (not mine) actually create spawns after seeing a search so if you've not "walked" in the area you are in, then there are initially no results. Then they pop. I might be wrong though.

Thank you. I don't know why, but I always overshoot pidgeys on this first throw. This will save me a ball.
No worries, hope it helps :3

I mis-typed the link it should be https not http my bad. Some phone browsers refuse to give location unless the page is https.
That helped my laptop, though now it just complains about accuracy errors (I don't think my lappy even has GPS XD ) but my phone still complains about opting out of giving a location without asking me :/
edit: wait, wait, wait, I forgot to turn location back on before testing XD
edit 2: ok, works :3 Didn't get any search results but I'll give it another scan in a bit to see if that helps.
edit 3: nope. Never returns any results :eek:
edit 4: ok, to make this a bit more useful for you, I turned on pokemon go and checked the nearby list. There are apparently 4 pokemon near enough to register on it even in it's broken state. I then went back to gaftest and searched again, but it returned 0 results.
final edit: gave it a good long while and tried again and finally got a bunch of results. I love that you can click on the distance and have google maps plot a path to them including how long it'll take you to get there XD

ViciousDS

Banned
thanks for the feedback. The logs are showing a lot of use that is returning normal results.

However if a search doesn't return anything, wait a couple of minutes then reload. I believe the Niantic servers (not mine) actually create spawns after seeing a search so if you've not "walked" in the area you are in, then there are initially no results. Then they pop. I might be wrong though.

On iPhone everything turned on for location and stuff. Doesn't work. But it's definitely not better then my Pc app. One scan per minute? Too long for me. I like my nap actively updating

Got past location.

Now it's just search ended with no map lol

AdanVC

Britney Spears joining the Pokémon Go hype
CoP1Ix_WYAAWoqQ.jpg

Is there a readme? I can't seem to change location.
I don't know how the location changer works while on the map because that was recently added, but if you logout and scroll down, you can enter a pair of coordinates for it to scan when you login next.

Is my gaftest pokemon finder page not working for you on your mobile phone, or is it just inferior? feedback is welcome.
https://www.dslreports.com/front/gaftest.html
I wasn't aware of this beforehand.

It also doesn't work for me.

Says, "Distance fix inaccurate - waiting for better fix (+/- 2526 meters)"

Doesn't do anything if I wait, and if I refresh, it gives me the, "1 scan per minute" error.

Tried that and this happened

Doing it with Caterpie or Weedle triggers the Pokeball infinite shadow glitch. Wherein the ball will bounce off the their belly (some of the few that slope inwards) and angle the bounce of the ball into the ground. The ball bypasses collision detection and falls infinitely into the abyss below. Because the shadow is calculated by the distance of the ball from the ground, it just keeps growing indefinitely as the ball falls producing an entirely black ground.

The only way out of this is to reboot. Pidgey also produces similar results. So in conclusion, don't try it with Weedle, Caterpie or Pidgey. Or wait a half second until after the camera moves.

Red Fire

Seems so. Just tried your search again, said 'search ended' without results. Tried again, same result. 3 times. Then i opened pokemon go which i hadn't opened in maybe 30 mins and retried immediately and it worked perfectly.

This tool is absolutely great, good job.

Has always worked for me since day one. I haven't actually used it but i tried if it finds something quite often and it has always worked. Galaxy S6 standard browser.

Otheradam

I just checked pokevision and a Charizard spawned with a 10 min timer a few blocks from me. I just RAN over there. There were around 7-10 other people there all freaking out.

kKzqUt9l.jpg

Aw yeah!

iB6MUqjl.png

Aw, crap low IVs. Oh well.

No worries, hope it helps :3

That helped my laptop, though now it just complains about accuracy errors (I don't think my lappy even has GPS XD ) but my phone still complains about opting out of giving a location without asking me :/
edit: wait, wait, wait, I forgot to turn location back on before testing XD
edit 2: ok, works :3 Didn't get any search results but I'll give it another scan in a bit to see if that helps.
edit 3: nope. Never returns any results :eek:
edit 4: ok, to make this a bit more useful for you, I turned on pokemon go and checked the nearby list. There are apparently 4 pokemon near enough to register on it even in it's broken state. I then went back to gaftest and searched again, but it returned 0 results.
final edit: gave it a good long while and tried again and finally got a bunch of results. I love that you can click on the distance and have google maps plot a path to them including how long it'll take you to get there XD

I fixed the 0 result issue that some people were getting repeatedly.
So try it again see if it works now.

edit: screw it. no it isn't fixed for every lat/long.
The API end-point seems to sometimes take more than a few minutes to start returning things for a single search.

How do you properly calculate the IV for Pokemon that you've evolved? For example I had a Poliwag and evolved him into a Poliwrath. I never powered him up with stardust at any stage, so do I still leave that option blank on the IV calculator?

Ok, coming back to answer this because now I know the answer XD
If you haven't upgraded the pokemon then leave the option blank, even if you've evolved it. The reason for the upgraded field is because pokemon start with 'whole' levels (e.g. 13, 14, etc) which means when going through possible IVs it can ignore any on the 'half' levels (e.g. 13.5, 14.5, etc)
Each upgrade is half a level so when you have a pokemon that someone's been putting stardust into then half-level IV sets need to also be included to keep the data correct :D

hope that helps :3

Red Fire

Ok, coming back to answer this because now I know the answer XD
If you haven't upgraded the pokemon then leave the option blank, even if you've evolved it. The reason for the upgraded field is because pokemon start with 'whole' levels (e.g. 13, 14, etc) which means when going through possible IVs it can ignore any on the 'half' levels (e.g. 13.5, 14.5, etc)
Each upgrade is half a level so when you have a pokemon that someone's been putting stardust into then half-level IV sets need to also be included to keep the data correct :D

hope that helps :3

You're a really great help in this thread man good job :D

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gotten into this Pokémon GO business as I don't like to play games on mobile phones. However, something that could perhaps make me try it would be a way to use Pokémon GO on NX. I made a simple mock-up of how this could work. I posted it on Twitter where it received a few comments, so I thought I could post it here too:

It wouldn't have to be anything major, just high resolution (1080p at least) Pokémon battles in a Stadium environment. Maybe some mini games like the Nintendo 64 titles featured.

Share your thoughts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is the point of calculating iv?

Determining which ones to focus your candies on and which ones to transfer? High CP is still better but if you're really looking to min-max then IV is important too.

What is the point of calculating iv?

Who knows but maybe there will be some kind of pvp and a better end game where all this stuff matters. I mean, there's a reason why it's in the game. Might as well get an early start before you pump some resources into a scrub.

TheFlow

Banned
Determining which ones to focus your candies on and which ones to transfer? High CP is still better but if you're really looking to min-max then IV is important too.
Hm that is cool but I don't think iv is that important. Gyms are extremely easy to take down.

Does better iv improve attacking speed? Or is just to boost cp potential?

Teknoman

Rösti;211367571 said:
I haven't gotten into this Pokémon GO business as I don't like to play games on mobile phones. However, something that could perhaps make me try it would be a way to use Pokémon GO on NX. I made a simple mock-up of how this could work. I posted it on Twitter where it received a few comments, so I thought I could post it here too:

It wouldn't have to be anything major, just high resolution (1080p at least) Pokémon battles in a Stadium environment. Maybe some mini games like the Nintendo 64 titles featured.

Share your thoughts.

I would play the hell out of a new stadium game regardless. I really miss the style of the first two N64 games, and with actual legendary boss battles / color commentary from an announcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom