• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

172 Magikarp caught
366 Bulbasaur caught
106 Eevee caught

and finally hit level 20! I can also evolve 1 of my bulbasaurs now

I also scared the crap out of this couple as I was running to the spawn location (it has about 2 minutes left). They were also capturing it

172 Magikarp caught
366 Bulbasaur caught
106 Eevee caught

and finally hit level 20! I can also evolve 1 of my bulbasaurs now

I also scared the crap out of this couple as I was running to the spawn location (it has about 2 minutes left). They were also capturing it

366 Bulbasaur? Man I need to find some starter spawns near me. There's a subreddit for Atlanta but I really don't feel like driving in that traffic and then getting destroyed by that Georgia weather lol. Am definitely not trying to be downtown at night either.

I fixed the 0 result issue that some people were getting repeatedly.
So try it again see if it works now.

edit: screw it. no it isn't fixed for every lat/long.
The API end-point seems to sometimes take more than a few minutes to start returning things for a single search.
~phew~ That was insane...
I was meant to stay in today to get a bunch of work done but I took your app out for a spin as an excuse to take a break. Found a Vulpix thanks to it :3
While I was out there I noticed 3 gyms near each other were team mystic and had empty spaces so, taking advantage of how quiet it is during the single digit hours of the night, I slung my highest CP mons in there and claimed 30 pokecoins.

I thought I'd take gaftest for one last go before I went home after all that so I spun it up and spotted an electrode which I've never seen before so I started heading towards it.
After crossing a road I noticed something out of the corner of my eye on my phone's screen and cast my attention down to the 'nearby' display where the hideous silhoutte of a pokemon I knew but hadn't seen in pokemon go sat.
"No..." I hissed.
I sent gaftest on another search as quickly as I could and watched as it reeled off monster after monster, but 'it' wasn't there.
"No!" I screamed, opening up pokevision, dancing about as it loaded up before punching in my location and setting it to scan... and sure enough, just up the road the monstrosity lay with 10 minutes on the spawning clock.
I made a mad dash up the street, muttering "I don't even like it! But I have to catch it!!!" as the sound of my rapid footfalls echoed around the empty road. Finally, I felt the familiar vibration from my phone I was waiting for and gracefully stumbled to a stop, panning the camera around until the make-up caked grimace of mr mime peered out of the screen at me.
"there you are you creepy little jerk!" I whispered as I went into the capture.
It's now one berry and one great ball later and I own possibly one of the rarest pokemon in Go that I know of :D
sbUQAgt.png

..but yeah, it didn't show up in your gaftest for some reason :eek:

You're a really great help in this thread man good job :D
Man? Haha, no worries. I always enjoy helping out :3

What is the point of calculating iv?
Your CP is based off your stats which IVs are added to. IVs increase your damage, reduce damage taken and increase your max HP so a pokemon with good IVs will have higher stats, do more damage, take less damage and can also take more damage before fainting compared to a lesser IV mon when they're ugpraded to the same level.

Can you even get them from Pokestops?
Not to my knowledge. Some people mistakenly think you can due to levelling up from the pokestop XP, as you often get them as a reward for levelling up :D

Iceman829

366 Bulbasaur? Man I need to find some starter spawns near me. There's a subreddit for Atlanta but I really don't feel like driving in that traffic and then getting destroyed by that Georgia weather lol. Am definitely not trying to be downtown at night either.

Have you tried using one of the scanning programs or websites? I've only have Squirtles/Bulbasaurs in my town, but I need assistance in finding them. I'm still salty about missing out on a Venasaur last week

They really should have an alternative way to get incubators. They're limited use anyway. .02% chance of drop or something? Every 100 Pokestops? Lure Modules and Incense I can understand being behind a pay wall, but incubators? It's already bad enough that 10km eggs can give you Eevee.

Have you tried using one of the scanning programs or websites? I've only have Squirtles/Bulbasaurs in my town, but I need assistance in finding them. I'm still salty about missing out on a Venasaur last week

Yes I have. Nothing near my place. I mean, I have an area a block away that spawns Magmar but that's about it. All the cool spawn points are either across town and it's way too hot to fight through traffic and way too dangerous to go at night lol.

It begins.

Go figure the internals would arrive before the prop Pokeball does...

Some people are already working on these, and TBH I don't like how they look. Mainly because people are just slapping a cube power brick into the larger Pokeballs and they're too awkward to hold.

My setup may only be 1000 mAh but it'll fit inside the prop accurate 7cm Pokeball, and instead of hollowing out the hole to fit the charger USB port, it'll have the LED ring button that lights up when I press it to start charging. Also the LiPo pack will be stupid easy to replace if need be, or if I want to upgrade the battery life. Testing so far has taken my phone from 34 to 50 % and no sign of stopping.

The USB port to charge will be on the bottom, so when I'm not charging anything it'll fit in my hand perfectly and look just like a prop Pokeball with that extra LED touch.

All that's left to do is replace the plastic button on the Pokeball with the metal switch / LED one, and then make a mounting hole in the bottom for the USB port.

I will probably tidy up the wires as well. But my goal of fitting a USB charger inside a prop accurate sized Pokeball will be a reality here soon!

TheFlow

Banned
My area spawns bulbs like nobody business. Yet to see a charmander

Thought I would share the Pokemon GO database that I've been working on:

http://pokemongo.teampidgey.com

It's taken a long time for me to finish it and a lot of other databases have come out in the meantime. Some of them are really good, so I probably won't go much further with the project. Still, I figured I would at least share it with you guys, since I spent so much time on it.

I swear this is like the third time you've said you're quitting the game.
Didn't say I was quitting just now did I? I wouldn't mind continuing, but there's no way for me to without either going out of my way to hunt down balls or pay for them.

Game kind of sucks butt if you live in a rural area like me.

Is there any chance of ever finding a Pokemon if they run away? I came across a 633 nidorina and only had one throw and raspberry and it was gone.

Is there any chance of ever finding a Pokemon if they run away? I came across a 633 nidorina and only had one throw and raspberry and it was gone.

Sometimes they pop back up, sometimes they don't. You could try closing the app and reopening but then you have to fight the servers lol.

Found out my 1K CP pokemon are in the 45-50% IV range...

*EDIT* NVM, my Arcanine is 68/70/75 %. and my Vaporeon is 91/73/0 % Pretty happy with that, minus the horrible HP on the Vaporeon.

Iceman829

They really should have an alternative way to get incubators. They're limited use anyway. .02% chance of drop or something? Every 100 Pokestops? Lure Modules and Incense I can understand being behind a pay wall, but incubators? It's already bad enough that 10km eggs can give you Eevee.

Yes I have. Nothing near my place. I mean, I have an area a block away that spawns Magmar but that's about it. All the cool spawn points are either across town and it's way too hot to fight through traffic and way too dangerous to go at night lol.

That stinks. I live in a small town and besides a small part of the boardwalk near the river that spawns a dratini once in awhile we don't have too many rare things in my area. Lucky 2 of the starters seem to occasionally pop up near me. I hope they revisit pokemon spawns to help out the areas with junk spawns. The hot summer doesn't help either. Hopefully the game still has legs by the fall.

Highlights from today
(all were evolutions)

Including this guy. The magikarp grind is finally over.

I've got some pretty good varied Pokemon now. At 124 caught on my Pokedex.

I'm so jealous @.@

I have 42, I've seen 43 :lol

edit: How many pokemon can you evolve with a single lucky egg about?

Sealtest

So my friend has unlimited US/Canada data and we go to Michigan every few weeks but I have to leave my phone at home because of roaming.

If I were to log into my account using his phone in the US would that cause me to get soft-banned?

I've noticed that I can actually find sandrew/diglett spawns in Detroit but not in my city.

KtSlime

Anyone have this problem? When I start it up (on iPhone) it gives me a can't connect error and puts up a sign out button, but it doesn't respond to any button presses. It's been doing this for about the past 12 hours. Closing and restarting does nothing.

lt519

I've got some pretty good varied Pokemon now. At 124 caught on my Pokedex.

Nice! I've played A LOT and I've only seen 83. That's including 60+ egg hatches that have probably accounted for a third of those Pokemon. I realistically could get to maybe 87 through evolutions of local Pokemon and after that I'm at the mercy of eggs, catching the very rare rares and heading out to new locales.

So managed to finally evolve my gyarados over the weekend. Fairly respectable and I'm planning on powering it up:

But, true to my Team Instinct nature, I plan on breeding another gyarados in a few days. This is how many candies I have after 3 days of not-so-serious catching:

And of course, I'll never stop catching magikarp.

So managed to finally evolve my gyarados over the weekend. Fairly respectable and I'm planning on powering it up:

But, true to my Team Instinct nature, I plan on breeding another gyarados in a few days. This is how many candies I have after 3 days of not-so-serious catching:

Woah. You must have a lot spawn. Even with active hunting since launch I am only sitting at 200ish candies.

Shadoken

S

400 candies in 3 days? Teach me your ways fellow instinct teammate. Magikarp , while common. Is not really pidgey,ratata level common.

Is the gaf Pokemon tool down for anyone ?

if you are talking about my gaftest URL, it seems to be chugging through results ok.

This is the last couple of minutes, some random gaffers lat/long, and the number of critters in a radius of about 1km.

1469502748.95799 37.4689646 -97.3289984 13
1469502756.24159 41.75882289036593 -72.54406821893683 13
1469502762.23479 25.65484005960231 -80.39767798043825 15
1469502764.61204 41.47154959853876 -75.60499140999802 19
1469502832.4218 41.92713876724422 -88.09805262842038 13
1469502833.30586 37.46866015 -97.33021795 13
1469502853.34087 36.1947096 -94.1844264 14
1469502856.40457 52.4308186 -1.4387327 6
1469502856.45163 27.893824051160266 -82.48730923988157 8
1469502856.62075 41.47290792785722 -75.60840049765595 14
1469502862.09656 39.45546979088285 -74.96009297675914 9
1469502863.1697 26.4865056 50.1194526 22

It isn't scalable, so I may take it down at some point, if too many people bookmark and use the URL it will end up hitting the limit I've set. Plus to be honest I do hope to find Niantic wake up and ban use of the API and all these tools stop working. Of course I want them to also fix the close/near/far feature when they do that as that was fun.

johnsmith

remember me
So they finally found a squirtle nest in my state. It's the only squirtle nest found so far, and it's in a fucking country club. The single bulbasaur nest is also a country club. Seriously what the fuck. Niantic better fix this shit. Golf courses and country clubs SHOULD NOT be special spawn points. I don't know if this is happening everywhere, but this is the kind of fucked up story that would get media attention if word gets out that it is.

AJA8m33.png

Shadoken

Found out my 1K CP pokemon are in the 45-50% IV range...

*EDIT* NVM, my Arcanine is 68/70/75 %. and my Vaporeon is 91/73/0 % Pretty happy with that, minus the horrible HP on the Vaporeon.

What tool do you use?

I caught 80 Magikarps in 2 hours with the help of three lured stops.

Holy shit.... How do you find out if its a good spawn point for Magikarps. I once got like 10 near my office with a lured stop , but then no luck the other days.

Hikami

So they finally found a squirtle nest in my state. It's the only squirtle nest found so far, and it's in a fucking country club. The single bulbasaur nest is also a country club. Seriously what the fuck. Niantic better fix this shit. Golf courses and country clubs SHOULD NOT be special spawn points. I don't know if this is happening everywhere, but this is the kind of fucked up story that would get media attention if word gets out that it is.

Yeah.. it's the same in my city. Squirtle nest and Pikachu nest on a golf course. They were nearby so I checked them out, was able to catch stuff from the parking lot luckily but most of them were in the actual course.

Nori Chan

http://i.imgur.com/AJA8m33.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

what app or site are you using in that pic?

AJA8m33.png

There's hitmonchan and bulbasaur nests in a country club in a city about 15 miles from me. I just drive there and park, no one has ever said a word to me. There's also a private neighborhood attached with a public road running alongside it where slowpokes consistently spawn-- walking along that road is usually enough to trigger a few of them.

I guess it depends on the place, as some may be completely private, but media attention? Come on. Talk about blowing things out of proportion. Niantic didn't pick a country club to spawn pokemon just to spite people like you. It's almost assuredly completely random, based on the soil type or surrounding vegetation or some shit. Even if it wasn't, it's not like nests are overwhelmingly common or exclusively the domain of the rich and powerful.

Now that I think about it, I have seen a few dratini spawning near a golf course in an upper class area. Even if it was private and I couldn't get close enough to find them, I don't think it would cause me to write up Kotaku or CNN just because I couldn't farm for candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom