• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultryx

Anyone know what the hell this is?

d41OXrO.jpg

Looks like Lickatung to me! I've never seen one before!

Edit: Beaten into the ground.

Sorry to hear. I went digging about to see if anyone had suggested any solutions but this is all I could find:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokemo...te-trainer-club-progress-gps-and-other-544335

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rtjlo/we_are_restricting_submissions/

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/273839/pokemon-go-all-progress-lost

someone having a similar problem after an update to Ingress (including because it's the same company so maybe related?)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/3mu9h8/buglost_all_my_progress_in_new_update/

General opinion seems to be that you should just be able to log in to your account on the new phone and everything will magically be there :s
Might be worth poking niantic and asking "where be my data?"

Thank you for looking into it :)

I don't mind starting again. I will be far more efficient with my lucky egg super-leveling. It's also a good excuse to head out outside more!

Koh

I collected 130 poke/great/ultra balls yesterday in a focused poke stop loop.

I'm down to 20 less than 24 hours later. Sub 100 cp pokemon are wrecking my supplies!

I can't keep driving out to those stops either :(

zulux21

for the first time since I started scanning my area I have spotted a wild bulbasaur

not gonna bother running out to get it because I won't make it, but it is nice to know they exist.

now I just need to see a charmander at some point :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On Sunday I went to this event held in a mall where a bunch of people were. I got there too late to get a free team shirt as they had already given them all out, but I got a raffle ticket and won a 2200mAh lipstick-sized pocket battery pack. I matched it up on Amazon.

So thus far Pokémon Go has cost me a total of -$6.95 to play

lt519

Caught a Vulpix! First time I've ever seen one. Saw a co-worker wandering the halls in a building he wouldn't normally be in to grab it too haha.. hi if you are reading this :)

Cider

Do we have definitive words on how much data GO uses? I don't have unlimited data and I really would hate to go over my monthly limits, but I'm so tempted to play the game :(

Growlie19

Went on a "stock up on items" walk and am totally satisfied. I went from 10 balls total to about 70, caught a whole bunch of stuff, and took a gym for that sweet 10 coin reward! I also hatched 4 eggs on the way. Two Magikarp, a Weedle, and an Electabuzz! I'm also just one Squirtle away from a Wartortle!

My brother came with me and also had good luck. Hatched a Charmander, got enough candy for a Golbat, and reached level 15! Good times all around!

And I'm out of Pokéballs. Hit a lot of stops today, there's even one right outside my apartment, but I can't reach it unless my gps runs out. :'(

Wiz

Question: So there is a Lure'd pokestop right out of my reach...I should still be able to catch all the Pokemon that spawn there correct? Even if I'm not "in" the pokestop?

Dinjooh

Do we have definitive words on how much data GO uses? I don't have unlimited data and I really would hate to go over my monthly limits, but I'm so tempted to play the game :(

I've played it quite extensively for the past 20 days and I'm currently level 18 - used 178mb.

It uses almost no data.

Sh0k

I have the game on at the office all the time and is not more than 14-16MB a day

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Do great/ultra balls ever show up in the shop? I'm level 15 and only see Pokeballs for sale. I need something stronger. Everything is starting to run away from me.

My prop Pokéball is out for delivery today! If it arrives before dinner / my gym time I may skip that and put the last bit of it together.

Got everything soldered together last night, and fortunately I was smart enough to use quick disconnects for the LED pushbutton wiring so I can just pop the wiring in once I've cut out the spot on the Pokéball.

Now the hard part will be figuring out how well it all fits. I did the math and it all should fit in a 7cm diameter Pokéball, but of course it will go differently in reality.

VoxPop

I still don't understand how the IV / Skillset stuff works.

I have a 1888 Arcanine and 1800 Gyrados but they're pretty shitty.

My weaker Vaporeon and Lapras clean house. The calculators are confusing as hell and I have no clue what I should be looking for.

Can someone explain how I know a pokemons IV before/after I catch them?

Everything is completely editable! Just click what you want to customize. Even the Candy color. I would put specific candy colors for each Pokemon but that would make it too easy to make a fake.
Just did a charizard one and sent it to a friend. He's gonna freak! Thanks!

for the first time since I started scanning my area I have spotted a wild bulbasaur

not gonna bother running out to get it because I won't make it, but it is nice to know they exist.

now I just need to see a charmander at some point :p

I got lucky while picking up lunch. Checked my phone and randomly two were sitting near me...I have never thrown pokeballs so fast in my life.

gutshot

I still don't understand how the IV / Skillset stuff works.

I have a 1888 Arcanine and 1800 Gyrados but they're pretty shitty.

My weaker Vaporeon and Lapras clean house. The calculators are confusing as hell and I have no clue what I should be looking for.

Can someone explain how I know a pokemons IV before/after I catch them?

IV is less important in combat than a Pokemon's move set. Your Arcanine and Gyarados might just have shitty primary moves.

CrazE

Banned
Lol.... what the hell does IV stand for? I've been following this thread since the first thread and I don't think I seen what that stood for.

Thanks in advance. Caught my first lick a tongue as well today. Yay!

Joni

Standing in gym, like actual human gym, randomly open pokevision. Lickitung right out the door with less than three minutes to go. Rushed out and got it. :)

Honestly, don't worry about it, most of the time all that really matters is the regular attack and defending pokemon don't dodge anyhoo so blizzard is more of a pain on a defender than something useful on an attacker.
For an attacker, blizzard is actually one of the worst as it has the lowest DPS of specials you could've ended up with and has the longest 'casting time', so hydro pump is fine and It'll still be nasty if used in defence as it does more damage if it hits, it just won't be completely undodge-able :3

Thank you so much for the help Gemi!

I'll stick to IV + move set for now, if it's hard to dodge, I'll consider this a 'nice to have' then :) Thx again!

It doesn't use much as long as it's not pulling lots of map data. If you aren't driving around and using it as a GPS, you should be good.

Just had a 1k Golbat show up. I hate him as much as Zubats at this point. I find them to be near-impossible to catch as I can never seem to toss the pokeball far enough to even reach them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom