• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I have a pokemon in a level 10 Instinct gym. Never thought I would see the day. I just want to capture a Dragonite and then I can quit this game for good

As a parting gift to Niantic, I currently am running 30 simultaneous trackers blanketing my city. Take that, Niantic. Helped me find a Porygon earlier today.

KevinRo

I have a pokemon in a level 10 Instinct gym. Never thought I would see the day. I just want to capture a Dragonite and then I can quit this game for good

As a parting gift to Niantic, I currently am running 30 simultaneous trackers blanketing my city. Take that, Niantic. Helped me find a Porygon earlier today.

Why even play the game?

dmr87

Just came back from the cinema, didn't see a single person out playing Pokemon on the way home. Sure I live in a small town but I've been out almost every day the past week and I've allways seen people playing.

Is anyone else actually happy with the game that Niantic designed and never used 3rd party trackers or the footsteps and is happy the playing field is once again level? I might truly be the only one.

i wouldn't call the playing field level. still have quite a few functional ones out there besides pokevision.

Are you in a relatively remote place? Happens to me all the time in my parent's home, which is in a very rural town. The GPS is kinda lost and I can hatch entire eggs without moving.

I am, but it's the same location I've been at other times, and the tracking almost seemed too strict before. At least it's a nice, easy way to hatch some of these eggs anyways.

Mihos

Gold Member
Why even play the game?

Hmm, actually why is anyone playing it. It is really horrible, pay to win, mobile gaming garbage when you actually look at it without the pokemon name. It was the players that made it fun, in spite of itself.

GulAtiCa

Unexpectedly showed up while my girlfriend and I were getting groceries!
CoumN6NVYAAHBrZ.jpg:large

oti

Banned
Hmm, actually why is anyone playing it. It is really horrible, pay to win, mobile gaming garbage when you actually look at it without the pokemon name. It was the players that made it fun, in spite of itself.

If winning means holding dumb gyms for 10 coins then sure. To me winning means having fun catching Pokémon. I don't need to pay money for that.

Seriously, this is such a typical Nintendo game (I know, you don't need to school me on Niantic here).

Smash Bros. gets released, is supposed to be a fun game for everyone, is treated like super serious EVO Street Fighter.

Splatoon gets released, is supposed to be a fun game for everyone, is treated like Dota.

Pokémon GO gets released, is supposed to be a fun game for everyone, is treated like the official game for Ingress Hunger Games Career Tributes.

People can play Pokémon GO however they want and if stopping Pokevision hurts your enjoyment I'm sorry. But come on.

Only problem I have with the update, is that I JUST became pretty decent at throwing and hitting curveballs, and now I suck at it again.

I swear they changed the physics.

Jintor

What are you even winning though

Syder

Is PokéAdviser broken? I'm logged in but it says 'Trainer was not found. Trainers must login to PokéAdvisor before they can be searched.'

dity

Look at the source.

If he'd change his avatar I'd probably forget more quickly, but after a while you start to recognize patterns from certain posters.
I went to the TOS, and yup. Last updated on July 1st.

I guess I just don't go to Gaming side often enough to pick up the posting habits of users who frequent this side.

The Cowboy

Really? No other way? I'm Level 21 and I haven't found a Magikarp above 100CP.
Bummer, I got a 142 just before I hit 400 candies - was annoying that the one after I evolved it was 149.

This was at level 20.

It's a shame trading isn't in, I'd give you my 144 that I got today.

chunk3rvd

Is there any benefit to levelling a Pokemon up before you evolve it or should I just evolve as early as possible? Going to start pumping some candy and stardust into my highest IV chars so I can finally start challenging some gyms

Complistic

Is there any benefit to levelling a Pokemon up before you evolve it or should I just evolve as early as possible? Going to start pumping some candy and stardust into my highest IV chars so I can finally start challenging some gyms

Don't bother pumping until you're level 20, but to answer your question, no, I don't believe there's any different in leveling up a mon before or after.

Syder

Bummer, I got a 142 just before I hit 400 candies - was annoying that the one after I evolved it was 149.

This was at level 20.

It's a shame trading isn't in, I'd give you my 144 that I got today.
Thanks dude but I'm still someway off on having enough candies anyway so hopefully I'll come across a decent Magikarp at some point.

dity

None at all. If you level if up prior to evolving, the CP will scale to if you powered up the evolved form with the same amount of candies. Better to evolve, see the CP and moves, and then choose to level up.

Hmmm glitch or wtf ?

My team took over a gym and there are just 3 Pokemon there and I can't add my Pokemon , don't even see the option , I can't add my Pokemon now? 0_o

dity

Hmmm glitch or wtf ?

My team took over a gym and there are just 3 Pokemon there and I can't add my Pokemon , don't even see the option , I can't add my Pokemon now? 0_o
The gym probably needs to go up another level before you can add another Pokemon. Gyms have always been like this.

deanote666

To keep the players, they need to shuffle up what pokemon appear in an area to keep the fun of wondering what they will find next.

My area only has weedle, pidgy, rattata, and venonat with the occasional other common pokemon.

I can go several days and only see the 4 I named...

Heck, zubats and ghastly are rare for me.

I hatched an eevee from a 10km egg the other day. A venonat from a 5km today...

I've never even seen a magikarp yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom