• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doop

I'm sure lots of people will love it, but this will really ruin the game by diluting spawns and making it harder to earn candy for specific pokemon you'd want to power up or evolve.

I know someone earlier in this thread suggested making the candy type based instead of species based, which is actually a brilliant idea that could easily solve this problem.

They should just really bundle the Pokemon into their original breeding species to correct the candy problem. Getting separate candy for 700+ Pokemon is going to be a pain lmao

indask8

I've noticed something also, maybe a coincidence, but every time I started moving while the pokemon was struggling in the pokeball it would get out, not even the berry would do something... wasted 5-6 pokeballs this morning, came back home, I capture three pokemon with similar CP with three pokeballs...

I know someone earlier in this thread suggested making the candy type based instead of species based, which is actually a brilliant idea that could easily solve this problem.

There's a lot of things they could do. Another idea would be to add "Rare Candies" as a generic candy you can get from Poké Stops.

I think the current setup works for a smaller pool of Pokémon, but there's plenty of ways they could tweak it to work with much larger amounts of Pokémon. I also think it would be a lot more fun in the long run to hunt for a HUGE selection of species rather than grind out the same small pool of species over and over just to get specific candies to evolve everything. I think the current system only is the way it is specifically because it gives you a reason to re-catch the same thing 100 times, which no longer becomes necessary when you have a much larger variety out there.

The only real issue I can think of with adding more species is people like that guy on the previous page who don't even want to think about seeing a Pokémon not from the original 151.

I've noticed something also, maybe a coincidence, but every time I started moving while the pokemon was struggling in the pokeball it would get out, not even the berry would do something... wasted 5-6 pokeballs this morning, came back home, I capture three pokemon with similar CP with three pokeballs...

My friend caught me a Slowbro and a Magmar (among others) while I was driving yesterday. I don't think they've added anything like this.

Par Score

Are you evolving anything? I'm at 21 and have 9 stronger than that.

Arcanine, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Venusaur, Starmie, Jolteon, Magmar, Exeggutor and Golduck.

Like, evolve at Growlithe with a CP bar 80% or more at level 20 and that's a 1500+ Arcanine right there. Similar thing with Eevee and Vaporeon.

I have never seen a Growlithe, Poli-anything, or a Magmar. I've seen Staryu "nearby" but never found one, and I've got some Psyducks but not enough to evolve.

I would kill for an Arcanine.

I've walked 128km according to the app, caught/seen 74 Pokemon, and my best is a 1057 Pidgeot, followed by 1051 Vaporeon.

This game is hellish if you're out in the sticks.

What region are you in? I thought Mr. Mime and the other "exclusives" hatch from 5k eggs.

Europe, definitely 2 Mr. Mimes out of 2 of my 10k eggs. I hate Mr. Mime.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Not even 24 hours in Chile and there's already lvl 20 trainers with Gyms...

lol if you think gyms is the way to level

It's all apart of the progression, you earn xp from gym battles, you earn coins, I use the coins to buy egg incubators, if poke stops stop giving me potions I can't battle gyms missing out on xp, coins and hatching eggs which all adds to me levelling up.

Joni

Caught a Blastoise! A really weak one, but very happy to find it. Was just leaving the park when I saw it pop up on the Nearby log. Quickly went to all the spots where I remembered Squirtle spawning.

mugwhump

Nice reddit post about capture rates

Capture_Rate = 0.5 * Base_Capture_Rate / CpM

When using Pokeball,
Ball_Capture_Rate = Capture_Rate

When using Great ball,
Ball_Capture_Rate = 1.5 (Capture Rate) - (Capture Rate) ^2 / 2 ''(constants need jiggering, 1.53 and /2.02 fits better)''

When using Ultra ball,
Ball_Capture_Rate = 2 (Capture Rate) - (Capture Rate) ^2

This capture rate is modified by Multipliers

razz berry = x1.5 (presumed)
curve ball = x1.? (need testing)
Nice/Great/Excellent = x1.?/1.?/1.5 ''(excellent is tested, but currently not working in normal game play anyways)''

Final_Capture_Rate = Ball_Capture_Rate x Multipliers

Apparently Nice/Great/Excellent throws and circle size don't actually matter right now, haha.

Chessr

Not to disspoint you and I hope she can get her account back. But my mother had the same issue and I tried everything even sending the support a token request.. Nothing. No answer and we couldn't get it back or get an answer from Niantic.

Aawww maan:(

Thx for the reply though :)

Finally got my first 10km egg after who knows how many hours and playing to level 22.

Decided to spend the 150 gold coins from gyms on an incubator so I could start right away.

Now let's just hope I get something great and not something shitty.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Aawww maan:(

Thx for the reply though :)

She started the game from the start and she's now close to my level. It's easy to level to 5~10 and hopefully you're girlfriend will be back to that level soon before she lose the progress. But if she's high level then :/ sorry.

Also no response from Niantic for our request yet.

Majukun

still don't understand how the whole catching bonus is supposed to work....all i manage to get is the "nice" bonus when the circle overlaps with the white one..trying to get anything more than that seems impossible..i either got nothing or another "nice" when the circle re-starts again overlapping again with the big white one

Finally got my first 10km egg after who knows how many hours and playing to level 22.

Decided to spend the 150 gold coins from gyms on an incubator so I could start right away.

Now let's just hope I get something great and not something shitty.

Good luck, my 2nd 10k hatched last night and again I got an Eevee just like last time... I don't need them anymore.

foladar

Ooohhhhh! Not TMO but a nexus 6. Hmmmm....

First time this happened. Thanks for the link!

Edit:

Yupp, it's definitely tied to the Nexus 6 update. GPS deactivates mobile data.
That's.... Super bad!

You can try to enable airplane mode, then disable it, and hit retry to try to load up Pokemon Go after it drops out, it usually works for me.

Jarsonot

still don't understand how the whole catching bonus is supposed to work....all i manage to get is the "nice" bonus when the circle overlaps with the white one..trying to get anything more than that seems impossible..i either got nothing or another "nice" when the circle re-starts again overlapping again with the big white one

From what I understand it has nothing to do with the circle. It's how close you are to hitting the Pokémon "dead center" with your throw. I very much could be wrong though =)

Good luck, my 2nd 10k hatched last night and again I got an Eevee just like last time... I don't need them anymore.
Thanks!

While I ideally of course would like a Lapras/Snorlax/Chansey for leaving at gyms i wouldnt mind too much with an Eevee as im 1 candy away from having enough to evolve one (only ever caught 6) so that would be helpful in hopefully getting a vaporeon.

Now if I get a Jynx im not gonna be happy as I have already caught nearly 30.

bennycash

Neo Member
My wife still can't get her game data back after it was reset last weekend. She tried doing everything Niatic communicated and even sent in an email to them and nothing yet.

ChrisW

I'm getting fed up of the constant pidgey, rattatas, weedle, caterpie and drowzees spawning where I go. I don't understand why they can't just randomise the spawns a bit better, when playing the handheld games didn't see any of that rubbish in the later game.

acm2000

From what I understand it has nothing to do with the circle. It's how close you are to hitting the Pokémon "dead center" with your throw. I very much could be wrong though =)

you are, you have to hit the pokemon IN the shrinking circle, smaller the circle the better the hit. (in theory, in practice it seems it makes no difference to the capture rate at all currently, brilliant work niantic)

I'm getting fed up of the constant pidgey, rattatas, weedle, caterpie and drowzees spawning where I go. I don't understand why they can't just randomise the spawns a bit better, when playing the handheld games didn't see any of that rubbish in the later game.

All that junk is useful for EXP though, so not a total waste.

Thanks!

While I ideally of course would like a Lapras/Snorlax/Chansey for leaving at gyms i wouldnt mind too much with an Eevee as im 1 candy away from having enough to evolve one (only ever caught 6) so that would be helpful in hopefully getting a vaporeon.

Now if I get a Jynx im not gonna be happy as I have already caught nearly 30.

Ohh nice, yeah if I hadn't caught a ton of them before those two eggs I would have been happy hehe.

I can't whine too much I finally got a Pikachu from a 2k egg and he was one of my most wanted catches :)

NeoRausch

hopefully.. it's been ongoing for like 55 hours for me.

Happened to me the first time today.
I wonder what really causing it. It's not a carrier thing, it's not a regional thing and (not like I said earlier) it's not a Nexus 6 firmware thing.
But it only seems to happen on the Nexus 6.

Super strange.

All that junk is useful for EXP though, so not a total waste.

Not useful when that's all you catch in the late 20s. 100xp/250000 for 7 pokeballs is a mess.

They really should make candies by type and not by individual Pokemon. Or let us convert them. I'd even take a 3:1 transfer ratio at this point

L Thammy

1. Tried to clean up my items, accidentally threw out my Lure Module. Goddammit.

2. I am now at the point where I'm trying to see what Pokemon are around even when I know I can't capture them, like when my eye doctor has dilated my pupils and it sunlight is pain.

GulAtiCa

Does anyone know how I would go about reporting a possible spoofer/botter? I noticed 2 users with basically the same name and high level (31 and 32) with Snorlaxes and Dragonites at 2 different gyms with both of them there..

Basically "BigFunMonkey" and "bigfunmonkey". Yeah, your not fooling anyone.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got two 5km eggs and one 10km egg on the way to work. Hope something good comes out of the 10km one.

L Thammy

Does anyone know how I would go about reporting a possible spoofer/botter? I noticed 2 users with basically the same name and high level (31 and 32) with Snorlaxes and Dragonites at 2 different gyms with both of them there..

Maybe they're conjoined twins.

PaRappa

My phone is out for repair. Can any one advise of a cheap Pokemon go compatible payg Phone available from UK retail? I can't seem to locate anything decent at Argos or carphonewarehouse.

My phone is out for repair. Can any one advise of a cheap Pokemon go compatible payg Phone available from UK retail? I can't seem to locate anything decent at Argos or carphonewarehouse.

What's the worst thing that can happen if you just don't play for a couple of days?

vikki

What are some of the high level players you see at local gyms? Where I'm at, the higher levels seem to be around 25/26, but I noticed a couple players, I'm thinking it could be the same person playing multiple accounts, jumped from level 26 to 29 and from 27 to 30. I know from level 26 to level 27 players need 200,000 exp to level up, so jumping 3 levels at an already high level is pretty crazy.

Yeah saw some spoofing happen before our eyes at a gym in our park. Me and a friend were walking towards the gym when suddenly someone took it over, there were no people in range of the gym. Moments later there were two level 31s in there with a Dragonite and Snorlax.

I like to watch Reckful on Twitch and he played a lot when it came out, he's like level 29 or 30 now. He lost interest because there are a lot of people cheating, some of them are streamers he knows.

There we go. This makes much more sense considering Red controlled that gym no problem for weeks straight, but now no matter who challenges that gym, Yellow seems to take it back within a short period of time.

dmr87

Yeah saw some spoofing happen before our eyes at a gym in our park. Me and a friend were walking towards the gym when suddenly someone took it over, there were no people in range of the gym. Moments later there were two level 31s in there with a Dragonite and Snorlax.

I like to watch Reckful on Twitch and he played a lot when it came out, he's like level 29 or 30 now. He lost interest because there are a lot of people cheating, some of them are streamers he knows.

Just quickly logged in at my work desk as i do since i can reach a pokestop from here and a Bulbasaur pops up so i quickly use a berry and an ultra ball to capture it since its the first one i have come across.

Now i have caught every starter one but the only one i have every got more than one for is Squirtle (even caught a Warturtle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom