• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Hate when i beat a gym and someone sneaks a pokemon in before i get chance to.

I got into this with a little kid whom I spotted on the sidewalk one time :lol

I felt like an asshole repeatedly kicking him out of the gym but all I wanted was to put my Pokémon in there for like 10 seconds to get my reward, but he wouldn't let me. D:

he probably swiped it from under my nose like 3 times before I finally got in first

GulAtiCa

Went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens tonight. Had a lot of Pokemon there. It was actually a Growlithe nest, so got like 10 of them!

Sadly, all their IVs are pretty bad. Best I can possibly get is a 73%. I might as well wait till I can find a better one. I'm bound to hatch a new one eventually.

Syntsui

Nope, saw a 36 with the Australian mon on an Austin TX gym earlier today

36 is 7.5 million total XP, equivalent to reaching lv25 more than 10 times...
LOL, that's ridiculous. It's safe to say they are all hackers.

Even if you have no life that's straight up impossible to achieve.

john tv

As soon as you put a guy into a gym, as long as your claim timer is up, you can get the rewards. So if you throw 1 guy in, you can immediately cash out 1 and start the timer, or you can start going for multiple gyms, but once you claim, thats when the waiting begins

Your claim timer resets for 21 hours. That means that in the 21 hours before you can claim a defender bonus again, your current gym occupiers are subject to getting booted out. You'll slowly see them finding their way with 1hp to your inventory. If they do happen to stick around for 21 hours, which is rare, you'll be able to claim them right away. Or, if say, 5 are still in their gyms, you can go and try to claim 5 more for the max 10 bonus. My experience is that they tend to all die, so don't expect them to stick around unless they are in a level 10 gym.

Protip: When your gym defenders come back with 1hp, take them to an opposing team gym and let them kill your guy, this will allow you to use a revive (which are plentiful) to bring it back to half health, rather than using potions (which are less plentiful) to heal more than necessary
I...think I see. So are you saying the claim timer is cumulative? In other words, if you hold a gym for six hours, then lose it, next time you get a gym, it starts at six hours?

eek5

I...think I see. So are you saying the claim timer is cumulative? In other words, if you hold a gym for six hours, then lose it, next time you get a gym, it starts at six hours?

No. It's a 20 hour cooldown on when you can collect your bonus. When you collect the bonus you get dust/coins based on the amount of gyms you hold at that exact time. After you collect your defender bonus the 20 hour cooldown starts and you can't collect again until 20 hours has passed.

Whatever happens in those 20 hours does not matter. All that matters is when the cooldown has passed and what gyms you own at the moment of collecting.

KingBroly

Banned

You have to wait 21 hours for every cash out from your initial one. You can't cash out until that timer runs out.

john tv

No. It's a 20 hour cooldown on when you can collect your bonus. When you collect the bonus you get dust/coins based on the amount of gyms you hold at that exact time. After you collect your defender bonus the 20 hour cooldown starts and you can't collect again until 20 hours has passed.

Whatever happens in those 20 hours does not matter. All that matters is when the cooldown has passed and what gyms you own at the moment of collecting.
OK, but to get said bonus in the first place, you have to...what? (Hold a particular gym for 20 hours straight?)

john tv

No, you can hold it for 1 second and still collect
...How?

I feel like I'm missing something really key here. LOL. I've held gyms for 6-8 hours (at best) but never got anything for it. What am I doing wrong?

PS - I hate that this game doesn't explain shit. :)

EMT0

Banned
...How?

I feel like I'm missing something really key here. LOL. I've held gyms for 6-8 hours (at best) but never got anything for it. What am I doing wrong?

You have to hit the collect button, that's at the top of the shop screen. It'll collect coins based on all of the gyms you control at that moment in time and give you a 21 hour cooldown on the button.

Russ T

Banned
...How?

Haha you are missing something. :p

Go to the store and tap the icon in the upper right. That'll collect for all gyms you currently have a pokemon at. Then you wait 20 hours before next time.

...How?

As soon as you take a gym, go to the Shop section and check the top right of the screen. You'll either see a shield icon with a number inside corresponding to the number of gyms you're holding right now, or a hollow circle with a timer underneath. If you see the icon, that means you can tap it to claim your gym rewards. You can claim these rewards at any time if you hold at least one gym, so long as you haven't claimed a reward in the last 21 hours (if you have claimed within the last 21 hours you'll see that timer instead).

The key, however, is that you have to explicitly claim the reward by tapping the shield icon; it is not automatically rewarded to you. This caught me out a few times as well as some of my friends, so I assume it's a common mistake.

BowieZ

Banned
Dammit. I just had 8 gyms going and I was at my 9th and I got the GPS bug.

So I decided to quickly run to the 10th and it had a free spot for me on my team but then of course JUST before I got there some dick took off some prestige before I could claim a spot.

So I decided to wait for them to beat the gym so I could beat it back and they were taking AGES.

Meanwhile I lost two other gyms lol so I cashed out at 6:(

jotun?

Does anyone have a definitive answer for how the speed and attack power of a move work when the AI is defending a gym?

It kind of seems like they always attack twice quickly at the start of a fight, then every ~1.5s after that, regardless of the actual speed of the move they're using. Is that accurate? If so, does it mean that slow high-damage basic moves are the best for defending, even if their normal DPS is bad? And fast moves like Water Gun that are normally good would suck? Or does it do something like normalize the damage per hit based on DPS?

Platy

GPS in this game is weird ... had serious problem with it in this game (and ONLY in ths game, never on google maps or waze) and then suddenly I took of the protection cover of my cellphone and suddenly it becomes MUCH better.
Still bugs and stops registering after some time but ... before it wasn't registering after 10 minutes AT ALL.
My phone sucks but that is WEIRD

And since I am here ... what is the most automate way to see which pokemon has the best IVs ?

KingBroly

Banned
I wish there was a way to find a Pokemon nearby (no range limit), set the location and I could just go there and catch it. This game wants me to travel the world to find Pokemon, but I'm severely limited to what I can see.

BowieZ

Banned
Finally!

Optf1vB.jpg

... and now to reassess my life.

Vipu

Banned
L.O.R.D. you didn't respond to our request that you provide proof you hatched the region exclusives.

As I asked before, can you please screenshot and post your 4 pokedex entries that say "caught 1 seen 1" and also each stat screen showing the 10+ candy you would have received?

Thanks!

I have mr mime and im pretty sure I hatched it. I have destroyed it so I guess no way to see how many candies I have?

BowieZ

Banned
Transferred it i guess is the right word.
Why would you do that? You transferred an extremely rare Pokemon (for your region, presumably)? I understand you may only care about the Dex but it's unusual to not want to keep your rare 'mons.

If you are outside Europe can you please screenshot and post your Dex entry anyway? Easily forgeable but still, just for research!

(Why is NOBODY ON THE INTERNET CAPABLE OF EVEN ATTEMPTING TO PROVE they hatched region exclusive 'mons without dodgy 'shops? lol)

Why would you do that? You transferred an extremely rare Pokemon (for your region, presumably)? I understand you may only care about the Dex but it's unusual to not want to keep your rare 'mons.

I throw away garbage with bad moves and low IV regardless of rarity.

bai2u Lapris/Ninetails/Omastar I tossed in the bin.

BowieZ

Banned

Congrats bro! Level 30 rewards don't look too bad...2 more levels to go :(
Thanks!!

420km down! (A percentage of which is obviously from bus and train.) 580 to go :p

Those last 2 levels were such a burn. I think it took me a week. I admit I bought a set of incubators a few times, though. I waited till I had a full set of 9 5km's though, so I could eventually lucky egg them at the same time.

But I just love hatching eggs so much so it's worth it I guess.

SiRatul

I have such awful luck at this game that I might as well take a break or something. Caught a 214CP Snorlax and hatched the third Scyther from my 5th 10k Egg (other two were Pinsir and Hitmonchan which I already caught in the wild) when there is a Scyther spawn 50m away from my home.
To top it off my Gyarados got Twister.

jts

...hate me...
New day and already had 4 new sightings! Electrode, Arcanine, Tentacruel and Kabuto.

However, only caught Tentacruel and Kabuto :(

And in the process, managed to get my stock of Great Balls and Razz Berries basically depleted :(

Now l have 3 seen but not caught in Pokédex.

I'm 10K away from reaching level 20. I've made it this far without using any Lucky Eggs. The only money I've used so far is $5 which was left over from an iTunes gift card. The only items I bought were three Incubators.

Once I hit level 20, I'm instantly skipping to 21 with Lucky Egg Pidgey evolutions. I want to get high CP monsters as soon as possible, because I plan on getting Pokecoins solely through the gym system. My local gyms aren't actually that strong yet, so I can still hopefully get 20 or even 30 Coins with the bonus. I've already cashed in 10 coins on two days now.

I saw and captured some really amazing + rare stuff on Saturday. The game is far more enjoyable than I ever expected! I still have doubts about this game's long term activity, but I'm going to play while it's still hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom