• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinokou

Can you perhaps post us screenshots of the 4 regionals' pokedex entries showing "caught 1 seen 1" and the candy being more than 3?

I don't know about single stage Pokemon but it is possible to hatch multistage pokemon with less than 3 candy as a freind hatched a Bulbasuar yeilding two candies.

Huh, I have a Seel that crashes my game every time I look at his stats.

This happened to me once, it was right next to the grimer that usually crashes the game. Hope the Grimer doesn't infect other pokemon or corrupted it's pokebox slot space :\

dity

I reported a bunch of obvious GPS spoofers at two gyms near where I live. They're all levels 32-34 with Pokemon all above 2500CP, including 3000CP Dragonites. They've occupied both gyms for days while others gyms around here keep changing up.

john tv

Who is this, BTW?

Gr6RwnF.jpg

Chaos17

Today, I saw a tweet aout a girl who got harassed while going out playing Pokemon GO at night. So I suggest her nicely to play safe by avoiding playing out at night (I forgot to say "late" at night)

BUT!
I became the bad guy who support harassement, while I spam almost every day security retweet for pokemon go players, to play safe. Since I saw many report of players (whatever the gender) who got stolen at gun point in america because it was 2AM at park.

Lesson of the day: girl dislike safety advice and prefer that you side with them that all men are trash.

john tv

Arcanine! Go get 'im!
Ah, OK. I tried - walked around the neighborhood at 3am (LOL) but just as he seemed to be right up close, he disappeared...

I'm already ready to evo Growlithe tho, so no biggie. Waiting on a couple more so I can max its CP before I evolve.

BowieZ

Banned
I call bullshit on ball-tossing "bugs". I'm pretty certain Niantic is stealing balls when the same practice-perfect toss causes ridiculously extra-terrestrially long or in some cases amusingly short tosses, plus interesting varied delays in loading post-attack circles, and balls going right through a circle despite clipping the inside of it.

I'm positive they're all absolutely programmed and probably won't be fixed.

Edit: ... let alone the ridiculously punishing basic Pokemon that take 10+ razzed great balls/ultras and split... absolutely programmed to fuck you over intending to make you buy balls.

jts

...hate me...
Now I caught a Vulpix. Didn't have it yet. Nice. 5 new sightings and 3 new catches. Pokédex now at 78/81.

Also re: bans and such, I have logged both into Pokeadvisor and Pgnexus to figure out IVs more easily, if Niantic ever deems that that's enough to ban a player, in my opinion that would be pretty stupid of them but whatever. Will not play in fear of that, it's just a f2p game (where I've spent some money and would not spend more).

I hit level 24 yesterday...I think I'm done. I can't do this shit anymore. The level grind is ridiculous, I don't know how there are people who are like level 30 and shit.

Joni

Fun. I got another 10 KM egg after my first one of yesterday, from a Pokéstop close to the one of yesterday. The egg of yesterday also hatched, a rather weak Pinsir.

BowieZ

Banned
Fun. I got another 10 KM egg after my first one of yesterday, from a Pokéstop close to the one of yesterday. The egg of yesterday also hatched, a rather weak Pinsir.
I got 3 10k eggs in the last day. Two eevees and counting...

My running total so far since I started:

Scyther, Pinsir, Pinsir, Eevee, Magmar (I already had 5), Eevee, Eevee...

(... with another in the oven...)

No region exclusives of course ;)

jelmerjt

I hit level 24 yesterday...I think I'm done. I can't do this shit anymore. The level grind is ridiculous, I don't know how there are people who are like level 30 and shit.

I'm level 24 too and yeah you need way too much XP now. The game also gets more boring every day. Gym battles could be way more entertaining, I really hate the idea of fixed moves (rage quit incoming when my Haunter finally evolves into Gengar and it has crappy moves), the more rare Pokemon are TOO rare at the moment, powering up your Pokemon requires too much Stardust... And why do Pokemon flee? So frustrating. And no radar (yet) :(

pringles

I call bullshit on ball-tossing "bugs". I'm pretty certain Niantic is stealing balls when the same practice-perfect toss causes ridiculously extra-terrestrially long or in some cases amusingly short tosses, plus interesting varied delays in loading post-attack circles, and balls going right through a circle despite clipping the inside of it.

I'm positive they're all absolutely programmed and probably won't be fixed.

Edit: ... let alone the ridiculously punishing basic Pokemon that take 10+ razzed great balls/ultras and split... absolutely programmed to fuck you over intending to make you buy balls.
Lol if they are bugs intended to make people buy more balls, they are doing a shit job of it. I never fall below 100 balls or so and usually have around 300-400 and I don't even live near pokestops. Same seems to be the case for most people from what I've seen. More than a few times I've had to discard pokeballs to make room in my bag for Potions and Ultra/great balls. If anything the game seems to be designed around keeping you crazy low on potions at all times, but you can't even buy them in the shop so that has to be simply bad design rather than greed.

It blows how a 200CP pidgey will sometimes require 10 balls, but then you run into a rare 1200CP pokemon and catch it on the first ball and it evens out.

Chaos17

Tried to tell people that my advice was just for safety mesure but I'm a trash because I'm an asshole who shupport assholes while it's was not what I said. I blocked all of those idiots.

Seriously, me supporting harassement and discrimination is SO stupid. I'm sad when a blck guy in america say he can't play pokemon go because of his neighboorhood, I'm sad when people go robed at gun point when they were lured at a pokemon spots. I'm happy when players open their arms to teach an autsm player to play pokemon go!

But no I'm a trash who support rape and harassement because I told a player girl to play safe.

/rant off

Perhaps the lesson is don't jump in with unsolicited advice?
That too but insulting for an innocent common advice is stupid.
Like when people tell you to not drive while drunk, you don't insult them.
You don't insult people for simple common advice.

EDIT: I tweeted only once that girl and i got 10+ hate tweet.
Great to hate harassement but discriminating me and insulting me is so much better /ok

Jintor

I'm on my phone and this isn't really the thread for it, but I get that you had good intentions, but this sort of benign advice and you getting worked up over it not being received the way you intended is a pretty good illustration of exactly why just butting into people's woes with un-asked for advice especially regarding where people should and shouldn't go is itself inadvisable

Red Fire

Wow this is really great thanks for sharing!

Just a heads up, closing the app right when the evolution animation begins and reopening the app works great. Thanks to the one who suggested that in this thread. You can do an evolution in 10-15 seconds. Only thing to consider is that you have to scroll from the top again. You can easily do 100 pidgeys in one lucky egg session that way.

Edit: Of course the condition is this:

If your phone is fast enough to restart the app in less time.

Joni

Region exclusives come from 10KM eggs only and you cannot get exclusives from them from regions other than the region in which you got the egg.

There are people that claim you can get region-exclusives from eggs, but there has been no concrete proof of that yet. But Kangaskhan, Tauros and Farfetch'd are 5 KM eggs according to most charts, with only Mr Mime in the 10 KM group so I would like to see the chart you use.

Just a heads up, closing the app right when the evolution animation begins and reopening the app works great. Thanks to the one who suggested that in this thread. You can do an evolution in 10-15 seconds. Only thing to consider is that you have to scroll from the top again. You can easily do 100 pidgeys in one lucky egg session that way.

Jintor

Shit.

In that case I hope they update the tracker soon because I've missed three farfetch'd and only have two weeks left in Asia.

PSFan

There are people that claim you can get region-exclusives from eggs, but there has been no concrete proof of that yet. But Kangaskhan, Tauros and Farfetch'd are 5 KM eggs according to most charts, with only Mr Mime in the 10 KM group so I would like to see the chart you use.

I can confirm at least that Tauros comes from 5k eggs. I'm in NA and have hatched a couple.

Level: 24
KM walked: 157
Eggs hatched: 90
Pokédex: 100

Can someone please explain precisely how egg walking works... is it going purely on GPS distance travelled? Or does it count steps as well like fitness apps?

According to two fitness apps on my phone I walked over 18km on Friday, yet during that time I only hatched a paltry one 5k and one 2k egg.
I know it's inaccurate but I didn't think it's that inaccurate.
Any tips on how to make the distance track a little better!?

Tried to tell people that my advice was just for safety mesure but I'm a trash because I'm an asshole who shupport assholes while it's was not what I said. I blocked all of those idiots.

Seriously, me supporting harassement and discrimination is SO stupid. I'm sad when a blck guy in america say he can't play pokemon go because of his neighboorhood, I'm sad when people go robed at gun point when they were lured at a pokemon spots. I'm happy when players open their arms to teach an autsm player to play pokemon go!

But no I'm a trash who support rape and harassement because I told a player girl to play safe.

/rant off

That too but insulting for an innocent common advice is stupid.
Like when people tell you to not drive while drunk, you don't insult them.
You don't insult people for simple common advice.

EDIT: I tweeted only once that girl and i got 10+ hate tweet.
Great to hate harassement but discriminating me and insulting me is so much better /ok

Fine, I'll bite. Assuming you really don't know the difference: telling someone not to drive while drunk makes some sense because being drunk impairs your ability to drive, and if you cause an accident while impaired, it's very likely your fault. Telling someone not to go out at night to avoid harassment is like telling someone not to wear revealing clothing to avoid rape: not only is it not the victim's fault if they're attacked while out at night, it's also ineffective as advice because people can be harassed at any time of day. All you're doing by telling someone not to play at night is putting the onus on the victim not to get attacked, which is backwards.

The reason you got piled on is probably because this has to be explained to people so much that some people are probably sick and tired of explaining it, even assuming you had good intentions (which are damned hard to figure out based on a random tweet from a stranger). If you genuinely meant well, hopefully you have an idea now of why that advice might not be appreciated.

I'll stop there. About to embark on a short road trip, might try the incense trick once I get into the more suburban areas to see if any rares show up!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really care much about people claiming they got region exclusive from different region eggs as none of them have actually provided any real proof to support that claim. You seem to be right about Mr. Mime being the only one hatching from a 10K egg though. Weird that they're separated like that. I was under the impression they were grouped together.

Pachimari

Can someone please explain precisely how egg walking works... is it going purely on GPS distance travelled? Or does it count steps as well like fitness apps?

According to two fitness apps on my phone I walked over 18km on Friday, yet during that time I only hatched a paltry one 5k and one 2k egg.

The tracking doesn't work the same way as your fitness apps. It doesn't track your steps. Instead it calculates how far you have moved on the map in a straight line. So if you zig zag a lot you won't gain much distance.

Par Score

God I hate GPS spoofers. Not as bad as bots, but I still can't wait for the ban hammer to fall (if it ever does).

Huh, I have a Seel that crashes my game every time I look at his stats.

It's the Grimer next to him.

The game loads data for the Pokemon you're looking at and the ones either side. You have a device that suffers from the Grimer crash. There is a Grimer next in the list to your Seel.

Pachimari

Niantic is now permanently banning Pokémon Go cheaters

Niantic outlines violations of its TOS that can result in a permanent ban. "This includes, but is not limited to: falsifying your location, using emulators, modified or unofficial software and/or accessing Pokémon Go clients or backends in an unauthorized manner including through the use of third party software,"

These bans appear to be directed at cheaters who rely on GPS spoofing, bots, and other software techniques that allow Pokémon Go to be played beyond the realm of Niantic's design parameters.

Pop

My area used to have 4 lvl 30+ trainers. Haven't seen a single one in about a week. Hope the ban hammer got em

Chaos17

After some reflection, I decided to avoid women on tiwtter because my clumsiness and being benevolent was rejected by them. That's a bit sad because we both like Pokemon Go.

But better than receiving hate message when you didn't meant anything bad.

Edit: when I mean avoid, it's mainly about high risky topics

dity

Today, I saw a tweet aout a girl who got harassed while going out playing Pokemon GO at night. So I suggest her nicely to play safe by avoiding playing out at night (I forgot to say "late" at night)

BUT!
I became the bad guy who support harassement, while I spam almost every day security retweet for pokemon go players, to play safe. Since I saw many report of players (whatever the gender) who got stolen at gun point in america because it was 2AM at park.

Lesson of the day: girl dislike safety advice and prefer that you side with them that all men are trash.

She can get harrassed at any time of day. You may as well have told her to just not go outside. If I told someone I got harrassed and they just told me "oh then go at a different time" I'd probably flip you off.

john tv

I'll stop there. About to embark on a short road trip, might try the incense trick once I get into the more suburban areas to see if any rares show up!
Definitely works - was in a super remote place last week with no Pokestops for miles and popped an incense, first thing that popped up was a Pikachu, next was another Pokemon I didn't have yet (forget which). It seems to have a set of "nowhere" Pokemon you can attract with incense in places that typically have nothing at all.

Par Score

So does that count IV counting sites?

Here are the bans as discovered by the guys at PokemonGoDev

Pokestop ban:
- Occurs when you search roughly 2k pokestops in a 23 hour timespan.

- No bypasses known.

Pokemon ban:
- Occurs when you catch 1k pokemon in a 23 hour timespan.

- Potential bypass by throwing missing pokeballs 15-30 times.

Temporary IP ban - this ban prevents any MapObjects from being returned temporarily based on your IP address (Pokestops, Pokemon, Gyms). This occurs from too many accounts/requests on the same IP address at once and can last 10 mins - 1 hour which seems to be based on the severity.
Login errors:
Data not received from server: Unknown as to how this occurs, it is still happening to actively running bots, but accounts that were previously botted and haven't recently been logged into have also received it so it seems to be related to a ban wave.
can't find a reference to the other login error but it is worded differently to the latter mentioning "Player information" I believe: Unknown for occurrence again.

So far they are sensibly banning on behaviour (too many stops / pokemon than would be humanly possible) and technical measures, rather than looking at the specifics of API access.

So so far you're fine if you just look at IV sites. So far.

Joni

It's the Grimer next to him. The game loads data for the Pokemon you're looking at and the ones either side. You have a device that suffers from the Grimer crash. There is a Grimer next in the list to your Seel.

Good to know. I never realized I had the problem. I had no issue catching him. I do hope they fix this problem quickly.

Jintor

After some reflection, I decided to avoid women on tiwtter because my clumsiness and being benevolent was rejected by them. That's a bit sad because we both like Pokemon Go.

But better than receiving hate message when you didn't meant anything bad.

Don't avoid women on twitter... Just treat it as a learning experience.
Though If you're thinking about how bad it is to receive harassment for doing something you didn't mean to be bad, imagine how it feels like to be a woman on the internet and basically get harassed for existing

Definitely works - was in a super remote place last week with no Pokestops for miles and popped an incense, first thing that popped up was a Pikachu, next was another Pokemon I didn't have yet (forget which). It seems to have a set of "nowhere" Pokemon you can attract with incense in places that typically have nothing at all.

Yeah, I believe the theory is sound, I'm more worried that the highway we'll be on is still too close to populated areas for the trick to work. Also, highway, so speeds might be too high. We'll see!

Level: 24
KM walked: 157
Eggs hatched: 90
Pokédex: 100

I feel like the last update made it a lot less accurate. But, to answer your question, it uses GPS but doesn't constantly track you - it pings the GPS every now and then and does a straight line from where you were the last ping to where you are now. Like someone said, if you zig zag a lot, you're gonna have a bad time.
I wish there was a setting that let you increase the GPS pinging, even if it drains battery further. Actually, I just wish there were a lot more customization settings like that. I'm sure there are things they could improve but aren't due to the drain on battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom