• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jariw

I also want to smack the person who decided your GPS location can move between you activating a pokestop and it actually zooming into the pokestop.

The amount of bullshit "hey spin me! Haha j/ks. No seriously though spin me - gotcha!!!" is fucking infuriating

The current design let you bring up the pokestop at any time and spin it when it's available. It's great when walking towards a pokestop, and there's no need to close the pokestop just because it's currently out of range.

I've had a Jynx on my sightings list constantly here in London.

Really weird because I'd never seen a single one back home.

Jynx and Drowzees are super common in London, I'm sick of them both.

I still can't get over what a weird design Jynx is.
I mean there are loads of weird designs but Jynx just seems so out of place?

Jintor

The current design let you bring up the pokestop at any time and spin it when it's available. It's great when walking towards a pokestop, and there's no need to close the pokestop just because it's currently out of range.

What I mean is I'm barely touching like two pokestops and as I switch between them to touch them the GPS puts me slightly out of range even as I switch between them

Chuckie

I still can't get over what a weird design Jynx is.
I mean there are loads of weird designs but Jynx just seems so out of place?

Maybe because it is kind of blackface/racist pokemon.

jynxanime.jpg

They changed her color from black to purple for obvious reasons.

Koren

When it works...

When I reach the pokestop, it's opening, I can spin it, but often, I can't get anything from it, I have to exit the pokestop and reopen it. Strange bug (unreliable, too)

cHinzo

Awesome, got a Bulbasaur from my 2 km egg and found a Pikachu, Golduck and Eevee (yeah this one is rare here) with Pokemonnearby. Thanks again for the service Jelly! :D

Today is a good day, caught an Digdri (german name), evolved an Machollo (german name) and caught a Simsala (german name)...

Now at 89 caught and 90 seen...damn lapras!

Chaos17

Being a couch potato who suddenly felt motivated to do some excercice because of Pokemon go, I ended up doing some small workouts for 2 days, now I'm in pain all over my body that I can't go out refill my pokeballs.

(@´_`@)

#noobatsport #nostamina

fisheyes

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I live in Vegas and also see lots of Machops, Growlithe/Arcanine, and since the update I've even been seeing Koffings around my neighborhood. I agree with you, it's fun to see the variation in Pokemon across the country. Lots of fire, ground, and rock types in Vegas.

The Northern suburbs of Adelaide in South Australia. Geodude / Sandshrew / Ekans would probably be my most common actually, then those two, sounds like it's pretty similar to Vegas then. No bonus Koffings in the area since my update though.

Only time in history the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide were compared to Vegas I reckon.

Update from yesterday

Got the Onix near my house, then a Magmar showed up on nearby and since I have yet to see him I looked all over. Gave up and checked nearby and he was in the water.....way in the water >.>

Anyways the Ninetails came from a friend showing me a Vulpix nest here. They were EVERYWHERE. Took me an hour to catch enough to evolve.

Jacknapes

Popped into Cardiff an hour or so earlier that normal and walked around the park. Caught anything up to 30 Pokemon with 7 new ones. Plenty of Pokestops around which helped top up the Pokeballs and Greatballs. And nearly hatched 2 10k eggs.

Firemind

Seems like there's a bug with google accounts on ios that resets your progress? my colleague can't get his account to load his data. any ideas how to fix it? we tried logging out of google and removing app permissions of the google account to no avail.

Popped into Cardiff an hour or so earlier that normal and walked around the park. Caught anything up to 30 Pokemon with 7 new ones. Plenty of Pokestops around which helped top up the Pokeballs and Greatballs. And nearly hatched 2 10k eggs.

Congrats on the 2 incoming Eevees :D

Chuckie

Aye.......... gen 2 incoming soon, saving up the candies.

Jolteon is the final one i need for Gen 1

Is this confirmed? I was actually always saving Eevees for the tiny possibility of more evolutions.... but you are saying it is actually going to happen?

Par Score

there's a gym nearby where i work that's populated by three 3000+ cp dragonites

team mystic of course

No way is anybody legitimately level 40.

I'd put the legit border at about 32, but if they've got monster mons too then even that is suspicious.

Seems like there's a bug with google accounts on ios that resets your progress? my colleague can't get his account to load his data. any ideas how to fix it? we tried logging out of google and removing app permissions of the google account to no avail.

Has your colleague used any 3rd party apps using that account? These are the symptoms of a ban.

I hate all these social media hoax accounts spreading rumors about coming updates. Just saw a post this morning claiming that gen II will release in July 2017 and everyone just bites without checking for sources...

... Or did I miss something?

Nope. He went to China for holiday, launched the app and started from lvl. 1, probably after updating the app.

Sounds like they got logged out from a recent update and are logging back in with the wrong Google account. Has happened to a lot of people.

I hate all these social media hoax accounts spreading rumors about coming updates. Just saw a post this morning claiming that gen II will release in July 2017 and everyone just bites without checking for sources...

... Or did I miss something?
You missed nothing. This shit is gen 1 hoaxes all over again. I've seen all sorts of "announcements". Detailed messages on how the Legendary Birds will be distributed, Niantic announcing Harry Potter Go, etc..

Chuckie

Sounds like they got logged out from a recent update and are logging back in with the wrong Google account. Has happened to a lot of people.

You missed nothing. This shit is gen 1 hoaxes all over again. I've seen all sorts of "announcements". Detailed messages on how the Legendary Birds will be distributed, Niantic announcing Harry Potter Go, etc..

Are there any announced updates? Or are PvP battle, trading etc also total bullshit?

Edit: I am talking about the features, not realease dates.

Oxx

It would be nice to hear about something to get excited about. Events, updates, legendaries, anything new...

Are they still rolling-out into new countries?

Not happy with this pokeball flinging itself into the future thing when you do a normal throw

to piggyback off of this, my throws stopped curving on their own since the update which was way worse. I'll settle for the occasional accidental hail mary throw vs. like 5 tosses that just swerve for no reason

Seems my neighbors that live behind me have some good luck with Pokemon spawning in their front lawn just out of reach from where I live.

Just this week I've seen Haunter, Tauros, Wartortle, Gloom, Dewgong, and Venomoth. It seems they usually spawn with 1-2 common Pokemon right on top of them also when this happens.

All I get is Rats and Pidgey's..

to piggyback off of this, my throws stopped curving on their own since the update which was way worse. I'll settle for the occasional accidental hail mary throw vs. like 5 tosses that just swerve for no reason

Make sure you spin the ball before you throw and release at an angle. My throws are always 100% consistent.

PSFan

Just caught a 630CP Charmeleon here at work. I saw his shadow on my nearby and tracked him on the other side of the building I work in lol.

Seems my neighbors that live behind me have some good luck with Pokemon spawning in their front lawn just out of reach from where I live.

Just this week I've seen Haunter, Tauros, Wartortle, Gloom, Dewgong, and Venomoth. It seems they usually spawn with 1-2 common Pokemon right on top of them also when this happens.

All I get is Rats and Pidgey's..

This might be a dumb question but...how do you know they're in the front yard?

I was in Walmart yesterday and well....

V7osNuI.jpg

We made it fam. This beautiful magazine has tips and tricks from an actual Pro Trainer...which is mostly just things the community has found out and are well known by anyone who plays the game regularly!

Bizarrely the magazine features tips for most of the Pokemon that consists of "Look for X pokemon in this climate area" and "this pokemon is rare". Also bizarrely it doesn't have the Pokemon in any sort of numerical order....

Iye20MM.jpg

Is that Chansey thing even legit? It's like the old 90s magazines where rumors were printed as facts

Curiously there's an actual phyiscal book being printed in September...which..i mean I don't know what you could fill a book with on the game?

wyQiyUD.jpg

One highlight was the pictures they had of people playing the game. Just flipping through there were mostly of groups, some of children's hospitals where kids are playing and this one with girls on the Gaza Strip. It's incredibly striking and I wish I had a full res version of it. There's tons of trash on the ground, but these girls are having fun hunting Pokemon.

3zSWXsY.jpg

jotun?

Is there a map anywhere (without installing anything) that can show where all the pokestops and gyms are? I pretty much need to drive to get to anything, so it would be nice to not waste time/gas going to a place that ends up being empty.

massoluk

Banned
Thailand Government to officially endorse Pokemon Go.

My country, lol

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/pokemon-go-thailand/
The Tourism and Sports Ministry is keen to exploit the global popularity of the augmented-reality smartphone game to promote its resorts and persuade tourists to keep coming back, the Bangkok Post reported on Tuesday.

The ministry said it plans to ask local communications firm True Corporation to add PokéStops and Gyms – key parts of the game that appear in real-world locations and therefore encourage visits from players – to spots throughout popular tourist destinations, creating an additional incentive for tourists to travel to the resorts.

According to the Post, True’s parent company has done a deal with Pokémon Go creator Niantic that allows it to select the locations of some PokéStops sand Gyms.

“The ministry will create an infographic map and user guide for Pokémon hunters, offering locations, tips, and dos and don’ts for tourists,” Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said.

Awayze

Neo Member
I live right between two decent spawn points but they're at a distance I cant capture decent Pokemon from my bedroom. Majority of the time, any decent Pokemon showing in Sightings will be at one of these two points. Must be nice to catch non garbage Pokemon from the comfort of your house.

krae_man

There's always a massive amount of spawns near a Google building downtown here.

I should hang out there for a couple hours and see what it's like for longer then just walking by.

L Thammy

Is Incense affected by the spawns in the area? Is it better used in an area that has a lot of Pokemon normally, or is it fine when you're walking anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom