• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggychan

last night that full moon was looking red and scary but the charmanders came out as if they were on a conveyor belt!

just found this guy today but with that CP......

C20507F3-A6D6-4A87-8F9E-2328F611D44D.png

Snorlax with lick and earthquake but crappy IV

Is that a good move combo at least?

I'm just glad to have 2 Snorlax now, thanks PokemonNearby :)

Anybody still experiencing the "glitch" where you have to waste multiple Pokeballs on Ratatas and Pidgeys? Just now I had to abandon a Pidgey which I couldn't catch even after giving it a Razzberry, so irritating.

piggychan

Anybody still experiencing the "glitch" where you have to waste multiple Pokeballs on Ratatas and Pidgeys? Just now I had to abandon a Pidgey which I couldn't catch even after giving it a Razzberry, so irritating.

I don't know if this is a glitch anymore as it is so common for me. But after several pokeball throws on a common pokemon and it's still in the wild open I will just abandon it.

Azole

Neo Member

Same here. I avoid the rats when I'm low on balls. I still go after the birds for the mass exp.

Growlie19

Today was a good day! Found a Koffing in the city and hatched a Growlithe, giving me enough candy for Arcanine finally! I buffed it up to 1923 CP, becoming one of my strongest, just behind Snorlax. My dex is now up to 87 seen and caught.

I don't know if this is a glitch anymore as it is so common for me. But after several pokeball throws on a common pokemon and it's still in the wild open I will just abandon it.

Whatever it is, a lot of people think Niantic is not fixing it so they can get extra Pokeball purchases from players. They never used to take more than one, two Pokeballs tops.

Same here. I avoid the rats when I'm low on balls. I still go after the birds for the mass exp.

Yeah, I still need to get more Pidgeys, have a Lucky Egg waiting.

Achtius

Just found a near perfect Eevee. I already have a high IV vaporeon, should I get Jolteon or Flareon? I am leaning toward Jolteon because I plan to get an Arcanine (but so far I only found a single growlithe - so maybe that's not a good idea)

stealth edit: with water pokemon so common, jolteon may be a better choice..

edit: discharge :( oh well, going to find more eevees.

adamy

Banned
Whatever it is, a lot of people think Niantic is not fixing it so they can get extra Pokeball purchases from players. They never used to take more than one, two Pokeballs tops.

Yeah, I still need to get more Pidgeys, have a Lucky Egg waiting.

Wouldn't be surprised if they made them tougher to catch in light of the mass evolve/lucky egg trick

Not really too surprised and don't really mind. I've posted this theory in greater detail in the past.

HardRojo

I'm trying to learn the common spawn points of some Pokémon I rarely get to see, I know where Horsea, Seel, Tentacool and Krabby usually spawn now, all that's left is finding a fucking Dratini and Magikarp nest, as well as hatching a Lapras and Snorlax... Please Arceus, I'm not asking for much here.

adamy

Banned
Saw a grimer on my nearby sightings but couldn't track him down

Funny that out of all the Pokemon, grimer/muk are by far the rarest for me

They rare everywhere or just in SoCal? This was literally the first grimer I've had one show up in the wild

For those in NYC, there are tons of Charmanders around Citi Field and Flushing Meadows Park in Queens. I also caught a 1800 CP Snorlax there and saw a Grimer.

ciD_Vain

They rare everywhere or just in SoCal? This was literally the first grimer I've had one show up in the wild
That sucks. I'm also in SoCal (San Gabriel Valley). I saw a wild Muk silhouette when they removed the footprint tracker and couldn't find it :( Just last week I saw a my first Grimer silhouette and was able to find and catch it successfully. I basically have to rely on luck now to get Muk. The same applies for Weezing and Koffing.

Vipu

Banned

Saw grimer today for 4th time total and phone still crashed.

Pachimari

Caught a Dewgong today, so yet another new Pokemon. I didn't have enough Seel candy to evolve anyway. Although I have had incredibly bad luck with all of my eggs the past few weeks.

I also know there is a Growlithe, Lapras, Wartortle, Jolteon and Vaporeon out there somewhere as their silhouettes have popped up on my radar.

Pokemonearby is not working at the moment :(

Niantic pushed some server-side change at exactly midnight UTC which immediately broke (returns no useful data) all scans at least for my collection of accounts.
I assume since it was midnight it was a coding change server-side.

So that's probably it. At the very least for a few days, and maybe longer and probably forever.

Niantic pushed some server-side change at exactly midnight UTC which immediately broke (returns no useful data) all scans at least for my collection of accounts.

So that's probably it. At the very least for a few days, and maybe longer and probably forever.

Thanks for keeping it up while it lasted!

ZeroX03

Banned

It was an amazing service, thank you so much.

I'm getting so many Horseas from these 5km eggs. It's driving me crazy. I also now have 3 2km eggs in my inventory. When my inventory fills up with these, I'll just dedicate a day to 2km hatching with the infinite incubator.

I'm hoping for a Squirtle, because I've been farming a Squirtle nest for several days now and I am up to 90 candies. The wild Squirtles have bad stats, so a Squirtle hatch will net me a Blastoise. Bulbasaur and Charmander would be pretty awesome, too. Even Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Geodude, and Pikachu would be welcome.

I'm getting so many Horseas from these 5km eggs. It's driving me crazy. I also now have 3 2km eggs in my inventory. When my inventory fills up with these, I'll just dedicate a day to 2km hatching with the infinite incubator.

Yeah, after my shitty 10km eggs I got four 2kms as replacements =/

Such a waste to use incubators on those, so I won't.

Durden77

Man I really wish they'd roll out that new track for the rest of the US at least. It's been a while. I hope it works damn good when they do then.

Man I really wish they'd roll out that new track for the rest of the US at least. It's been a while. I hope it works damn good when they do then.

Yeah. Especially before they continue to shutdown sites like nearby. Get your shit together, Niantic. Shut down the experience for people that are ruining the game for others (looking at you, gym bots) not the folks that are attempting to make up for features that you removed. Bleh... I love this game, but at this point it's almost in spite of Niantic. I doubt I would play any other game like this if it weren't for it being Pokemon.

MANUELF

Banned
I have 57k worth of experience points but Im 60k away from lvl 20 so I should wait
Also today was an EXCELLENT day for new catches (Shellder, Rhyhorn, Sandslash, Nidoking, Vulpix and Parasect)

Yeah. Especially before they continue to shutdown sites like nearby. Get your shit together, Niantic. Shut down the experience for people that are ruining the game for others (looking at you, gym bots) not the folks that are attempting to make up for features that you removed. Bleh... I love this game, but at this point it's almost in spite of Niantic. I doubt I would play any other game like this if it weren't for it being Pokemon.

its back.

It turned out to be they tightened up something that tripped me up, I debugged it and it is online ok now, so it wasn't (probably) a big move to evict trackers.

deanote666

So, the new tracker in the app only works when they are near stops?

Got a lot of spawn areas here not around stops...

Thanks for your hard work, jelly!

KiDdYoNe

About map: friendly coder said they just blocked IPs so maybe new hosting/IP will fix the map. Have no idea what I'm talking about but he said it's about IPs

Replicant

In one of those #LookAtYourLife, #LookAtYourChoices moment, I found myself hunting a Kangaskhan all the way behind high class' apartment complex. It really was one of those "What am I doing?!" moment since I only got him after wasting 5+ great balls due to the weird distance he was standing and after all of that, his CP is lower than your garden variety Clefairy:

nQrjScx.png

But it was fine since he's pretty rare and after that my 5k egg hatched and I got this guy:

cKRvfWd.png

So all in all not a sucky day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom