• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

I feel I'm such a newbie reading this thread :/

Still, nice day:
- reached level 14
- reached 60 in dex after finding my first Mankey, Beedrill, Metapod, Gengar, Cubone and Pikachu (yes, that's 6 in a 90 minutes trip, I'm happy)
- found my first nest (Drowsee)

A nest is indeed impressive... Got 7 drowsee in like 4 minutes, there were often 3 at the same time at the same place.

I haven't spent too much time there, because I was nearly full. How much time do the nest "live"?

And is there good collaborative maps for nests?

I'm almost level 19 now but I never ever saw that much pokemon in one place, let alone rare ones like these.
Jinx is rare I think, but others are quite common around here (well, not Electrode, but Voltorb is). It really depends on the place, travelling help.

adamy

Banned
Wtf did i just get soft banned?

I chucked like 5 razz'd ultra balls at a cp 90 squirtle and it still managed to get away

It happens, starters are intentionally extremely difficult to catch. This is why I always use ultras and berries on them. Sometimes they still flee even at very low CP.

Nice/great/excellent bonuses help a lot.

zroid

Banned
- found my first nest (Drowsee)

You should've rung the doorbell and stepped inside for a drink!

Next time

I'm almost level 19 now but I never ever saw that much pokemon in one place, let alone rare ones like these. Most I saw was two pidgeys and a weedle I think. Hell, I never even saw a jynx or voltorb yet.
Is this kind of a special place or something or just some random place in a big city?

This is right outside my house. I live in the suburbs.

piggychan

I just wish more nests were like in this small space

8ED28217-A633-44F0-879B-CB5AC7C71BBC.png

Red

How does the new nearby system work? How do I know if I'm getting closer to Pokémon? It's all just "sightings" even when I'm next to a pokéstop. Nothing happens when I click on an image. How do I know if I'm getting closer or moving away?

Found a wild Blastoise with only 168CP but it had water gun and hydro pump so I decided to power it up.

After the fact I decided to look at its IVs just out of curiosity since I don't really care about IVs (especially for starters as the only way to get good IVs is through hatching):

29%
Welp.

cHinzo

Did they btw change something with the spawn diversity? Seeing a lot of new mons lately in nearby: Mr. Mime, Dragonair (26 CP 😭), just saw a Dewgong and Magnemite nearby, while I've never seen these ones before.

zeemumu

I'm almost level 19 now but I never ever saw that much pokemon in one place, let alone rare ones like these. Most I saw was two pidgeys and a weedle I think. Hell, I never even saw a jynx or voltorb yet.
Is this kind of a special place or something or just some random place in a big city?

I haven't seen that much variation in Pokemon in a single location since I went to Santa Monica Pier.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
How long do you guys stay inside the gym when you take over? Looks like I couldn't last more then 5mins even with my 2300+ Dragonite at the helm. Looks like no one was around beside me and my nephew and the gym keep changing team colors all the time...weird..

Syntsui

How long do you guys stay inside the gym when you take over? Looks like I couldn't last more then 5mins even with my 2300+ Dragonite at the helm. Looks like no one was around beside me and my nephew and the gym keep changing team colors all the time...weird..
Less than a hour. On crowded places not even 10 full minutes.

Next time

This is right outside my house. I live in the suburbs.

A few nights ago I was driving home and I noticed a Haunter on my radar. It was in a small, self contained little suburb. I don't know what to call it, it wasn't a trailer park as there were houses and it isn't like any subdivision I've seen (and I live in one) but I guess it's kind of like a tightly compacted 12 house or so subdivision.

So in one area, there was a Haunter, Bublbasaur, Poliwag, Spearow, and Caterpie and I circled around to leave and two or three more Pokemon showed up (a Bellsprout and two Pidgey I think).

It's the only time I've been to that place, but it does seem like Suburban areas seem to have clusters of Pokemon. Even where I live there is a spawn point where two or three Pokemon spawn and it's by far the most likely place for an uncommon Pokemon to spawn.

Koren

Next time
Well, the fun time is that the nest is actually... like 200m in the sea according to the map!

It was not far from low tide, and it was still just at the limit of the range.

So if I stepped inside, no doubt a drink would have been a given.

Still, those nest are fun, I hope I'll find more (and if possible more useful ones)

How does the new nearby system work? How do I know if I'm getting closer to Pokémon? It's all just "sightings" even when I'm next to a pokéstop. Nothing happens when I click on an image. How do I know if I'm getting closer or moving away?
You don't.

But since it's updated (relatively) often and (quite) reliably, pick 2-3 points where a given pokemon appear/disappear and you'll be easily able to guess where he is.

Got Pikachu like that this afternoon...

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Less than a hour. On crowded places not even 10 full minutes.

Just took over the gym again and puts in a 2100+ Gyarados...not even 5mins and the gym was taken over by Team Instinct with one Vaporeon and 2 Dragonite...the fuc...I'm outta there...

pringles

Just took over the gym again and puts in a 2100+ Gyarados...not even 5mins and the gym was taken over by Team Instinct with one Vaporeon and 2 Dragonite...the fuc...I'm outta there...
This is why I don't recommend to anyone that they take over gyms solo unless you're just doing it to instantly collect. You can only insert 1 pokemon, doesn't matter if it's a 2500+ Dragonite, a couple of level 5 kids can still take it down in 5 minutes with pidgeys.

If you're solo, find gyms your own team controls and level them up to insert your own pokemon.
Lvl 7+ gyms in my town can last for days.

I love the feeling when your Caught number catches up with your 'Seen' number
Mr. Mime has mocked me for a month. Never gonna ger that 1:1 seen/caught ratio :-/

RoadDogg

Thanks pokemon nearby! I opened at random when the kids were playing and saw a ponyta with 8 mins left. I showed my son and we jumped in the car to go find it. Got it without issue and decided to drive around some more in a development down the road. Found a bulbasuar, tarus, weepingbell and a lapras. Never saw any of them before but the lapras got away. It was red and took like 40 balls and berries before it ran. No idea what the cp was but i am only level 11 so it was probably too strong for me. At least i know where it is now to look for later after i level up.

I feel like they are slowing sprinkling in new pokenon into remote areas since i have found maybe 10 new ones over the last week and havent been in any new areas. I am up to 58 caught and live in an area with just pidgey, ratta, weedle, and evees.

Edit: i actually have 48 types caught. My pkmn list says 58 but there are only 48 in it. I wonder what the other 10 are it is counting...

This is why I don't recommend to anyone that they take over gyms solo unless you're just doing it to instantly collect. You can only insert 1 pokemon, doesn't matter if it's a 2500+ Dragonite, a couple of level 5 kids can still take it down in 5 minutes with pidgeys.

If you're solo, find gyms your own team controls and level them up to insert your own pokemon.
Lvl 7+ gyms in my town can last for days.

Mr. Mime has mocked me for a month. Never gonna ger that 1:1 seen/caught ratio :-/

for me it was a Charizard and now its a Gengar
that was quick :(

grrrrr i really want a blastoise

find a squirtle nest, maybe find out from your local reddit community or just hope you live by a body of water.

I farmed a blastoise but his moveset is pretty lame

Screenshot_20160820_161732.png

I'm probably gonna go farm another, it should take like 2 or 3 days of nest raiding.

I snagged my first Hitmonchan today, I thought that redeemed my crappie 10k egg experience.

GulAtiCa

I tend to take on gyms in the morning before work. Then I collect. Usually take on 2 to 5 a day. Well... Was before when i had lots of potions.... Now I'm lucky if I get 2 gyms...

Taking on gyms is really really easy. But impossible without a way to heal... So annoying.

I actually helped bump up a gym to lv 9 yesterday and placed my top Pokemon, a 1864 Gyarados. Been Blue for weeks now. So hopefully stays there for a while. Is 4th from the bottom though.

And is there a way to track nests? I don't think I've ever been to one before.

I found doing "Reddit [your city/state] Pokemon go nests" could work. Did for me. Obviously this is user filled data, so will be missing info.

But obvious place for nests are parks.

PSFan

find a squirtle nest, maybe find out from your local reddit community or just hope you live by a body of water.

Screenshot_20160820_161732.png

I'm probably gonna go farm another, it should take like 2 or 3 days of nest raiding.

I snagged my first Hitmonchan today, I thought that redeemed my crappie 10k egg experience.

Yeah, no. Again, I live 2 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, a fairly large body of water, And Squirtles hardly ever spawn around here. Bulbasaur does though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Egg hatched while the gps was going crazy in-house. Prepared for pidgey, but finally

wooo

I sure as fuck don't need a special event to catch Tauros, I see them all the god damn time

This was a nice surprise outside my home this morning:

6a66e60f5d514b0da74cb061677a4b83.png

didn't have an Electrode yet, and nowhere near close to evolving a Voltorb. Getting pretty close to having enough Squirtle candies to evolve my Wartortle too.

These images never cease to amaze me. I don't see even see this many when I'm close to 3 lures in a park here, crazy.

Firemind

i only ever see magikarp nests by the water. one time i went to the beach and it was full of voltorb and magnemite nests lol

also i want that blastoise since it seems to slay dragons. probably still a poor man's lapras though lol

Azuran17

Neo Member
Out of 226 eggs from SF and LA the most notable hatches are 2 chansey 1 lapras 1 lickitung 1 perfect and 3 near perfect magikarp. 1 tauros 2-3 onix About half of my 2.0 hatches are starters or pikachu. Enough gastly to get me to 125 candies. ( i hatched more of these than i caught)

A lot of teases where i have the 125 candies but bad IV hatches. Bellsprout, oddish, vulpix, gastly hatch city.

I really prayed for a chansey and got 2. One being from a church which i camped for 10k eggs exclusively.

Still not sure if location of picked up eggs affect the hatch results much. Only thing relevant was a gastly egg from a gastly nest( kinda) and chansey egg at a nearby church

Any good and suspicious egg hatches ppl?

Caught a wild Blastoise and Ninetails at the Santa Monica pier last night. Barely missed out on a wild Charizard. There were literally hundreds of people chasing after it.

zroid

Banned
I have seen an irregular number of Squirtles today. Maybe that's how the spawning changes are manifesting in my area

still never seen a wild Bulbasaur or Charmander though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom