• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've definitely upped the region specific Pokemon spawns, at least here in the UK. I've seen so many more Mr. Mimes pop up here in Sheffield since yesterday than ever before.

Pachimari

Decided to pop my second lucky egg and evolved 30 Pokemon, 6 of them were new entries in my Pokedex, and it got me from lvl 20 to 21. I'm now at 92/92 in my Pokedex.

That said, a Wartortle just appeared but right when I clicked on it, it disappeared damn!

deanote666

To be fair, I don't have color blindness but when a stop is halfway through being ready to spin, it looks almost the same as one that's ready, just a tiny tiny bit darker which is retry hard to tell. There's been a couple times when I was sure I could spin it, yet it wouldn't and after waiting a couple more minutes it would...

Look at a clock when you activate it. It should have reset in 5 minutes.

zulux21

k they might be more difficult to catch now is due to how high you can get their CP purely out of evolving. for 62 candy i can turn a pidgey that is roughly 300 CP to a pidgeot that is over 2k CP.

just for purposes of this thread, i just fully evolved a caterpie that was barely 100 CP into a butterfree that was 826 CP

what in the hell are you feeding your pokemon.

my 350 pidgy ended up being around 1200.
and my 150 caterpie ended up being like a 600 butterfree o_O

I don't remember the exact numbers but neither are even close to yours.

evolution calculator lines up with me
UkO6tF5.png

PSFan

They've definitely upped the region specific Pokemon spawns, at least here in the UK. I've seen so many more Mr. Mimes pop up here in Sheffield since yesterday than ever before.

Maybe upping the spawns means they are going to end the exclusivity soon and want everyone in those regions to get one before they do.

I too believe Niantic screwed with the capture rates on evolution fodder Pokemon to combat people from leveling up to quickly. It makes sense that they would do it.

PSFan

I too believe Niantic screwed with the capture rates on evolution fodder Pokemon to combat people from leveling up to quickly. It makes sense that they would do it.

But why would they even care if people grind and level quickly? Levelling after 20 is kinda pointless now anyway. At least until they make the gyms more meaningful and you can battle wild Pokemon to train your own.

zulux21

But why would they even care if people grind and level quickly? Levelling after 20 is kinda pointless now anyway. At least until they make the gyms more meaningful and you can battle wild Pokemon to train your own.

because filling the pokedex is only a goal for some?

the most common drop off point is likely around level 20.

Oxx

I hatched 8 eggs simultaneously, so I'm not even sure which of the 'mon were inside the 10km egg. Might have been the Kabuto.

Pachimari

Okay so since reaching lvl 21 today, I have noticed, that I use way more Pokeballs to catch a Pokemon. I don't mind right now but still.

Also, fuck my luck with these eggs.

PSFan

because filling the pokedex is only a goal for some?

the most common drop off point is likely around level 20.

And that's an ongoing goal, because I'm sure a lot are close to filling the current Pokedex right now. But let's not forget, there's still over 700 more Pokemon to add to the game, so even if you fill it now, it's not really full.

Niantic really needs to do something to keep the game interesting like quickly. The 3DS software deluge starts in less than a month, and then with the colder weather coming, it all adds up to player activity taking a severe nosedive because people are bored with 4 pidgeys and 3 rattatas spawning every place they go.

I don't know, it's all too anecdotal. After the infamous update (the penultimate one), I experienced a huge increase of flee/breaks rate even on uncommon/not that great for mass-evolving Pokémon like Koffing, Meowth, Zubat, Bellsprout etc. etc.

The game is too complicated for me. I stopped playing but my son keeps asking me which pokemons to evolve and stuff..

simple question, should I evolve the ones that are higher in the CP curve or lower? I hope there's a simple answer to that

Ahh yes, I'm totally catching 2000+ CP pokemon constantly now at lvl 27. Really regret sinking stardust into my >90%IV Exeggutor, Vaporeon etc with perfect movesets /sarcasm

I wish I didn't evolve/power up anything before lvl 20, but telling people to wait until lvl 30 is bad advice. Some gyms I've been holding for days on end, it's a few thousand stardust and some pokecoins every day, the investment of powering up some good fighters pays for itself.

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

Alternatively look at their CPs, if they're close the ones with less stardust cost to power up have better IVs.
This is totally dependent on where you live. There is no way anyone from my area would hold a gym for days on end. It's far too easy to take them back.

The longest I've ever held a Gym is six hours. The longest I've seen a gym held by my house is a day. One time, during the middle of the day on a weekday I stopped in a parking lot to take this gym. I had to get out of my car to get in range to battle. By the time I got back to my car from taking it someone had already taken the Gym for themselves.

Banking on Gyms to give you Stardust at level 20 is a terrible idea if you live anywhere where this game is still actively played. Literally everyone I've played this game with just collects their 500 Stardust and 10 coins as soon as they take over a Gym because trying to stretch your Gym run into days is just going to lead to your Pokemon getting knocked out and you getting nothing.

The game is too complicated for me. I stopped playing but my son keeps asking me which pokemons to evolve and stuff..

simple question, should I evolve the ones that are higher in the CP curve or lower? I hope there's a simple answer to that

In general, higher - this means you will have to use less stardust and candies to get that mon to a higher CP.

(This is assuming you/your son doesn't particularly care about IVs)

Pachimari

Nah fuck this. I just saw a Growlithe for the first time, it jumped out and ran away after one throw. And my GPS spot were ping ponging all over the map. The GPS spotting has seriously been worse since the last big update.

jelmerjt

My Gyrados is evolved from a Magikarp, but it has Dragon Breath. Is that good then?

Well if this news is true, you also have a pretty exclusive Gyarados. Dragon Breath is a pretty solid move on Gyarados I guess, since you can counter Dragonite with it. But does your Gyarados also have Hydro Pump?

PSFan

Well if this news is true, you also have a pretty exclusive Gyarados. Dragon Breath is a pretty solid move on Gyarados I guess, since you can counter Dragonite with it. But does your Gyarados also have Hydro Pump?

No, unfortunately, he has twister :(

Yrael

I'm pretty annoyed by the Gyarados change. I'm kicking myself for not having evolved my Magikarp just one day earlier - I was waiting to catch a few more Pokemon to start doing a Lucky Egg spree (how was I supposed to know this was going to happen?). As it is, now I'm stuck with a fairly useless Gyarados. I hope we can change or re-roll moves at some point, even if it comes at the cost of resources.

KevinRo

I don't care what level you are, even the cheaters couldn't hold gyms for longer than 30 minutes in any area that I've been too.

Yrael

Yeah, I know. I wasn't too happy when I finally got 400 candies and evolved my 130 Magikarp and saw Twister.

I know how you feel. It feels pretty wretched when you slowly collect that many candies, only to be let down at the very last second by a bad roll of the dice and have to start all over again. Oy.

jelmerjt

Oh, guess that makes my 95% Gyarados with Dragon Breath / Hydro Pump pretty rare now then. :D

Though, I wonder why they removed it.

No idea. But I guess it's fair that Gyarados' who already had Dragon Breath get to keep it. The thought of Niantic replacing moves at will... save me.

Vipu

Banned
No idea. But I guess it's fair that Gyarados' who already had Dragon Breath get to keep it. The thought of Niantic replacing moves at will... save me.

And how is that fair? To some people have something that is not possible for others anymore.

PSFan

Wait, so it's not just wild Gyarados, but you can't get Dragon Breath on an evolved Gyrados either?

Firemind

I don't care what level you are, even the cheaters couldn't hold gyms for longer than 30 minutes in any area that I've been too.
One of my local gyms has six Dragonites from lvl. 34 players. It's been there for weeks unchallenged. Every other gym gets taken within an hour yeah.

There's this gated community at the end of my street that I cannot access, and almost every time there is a rarer Pokémon that shows up, it spawns at the very back of the gated community where I can't access it. Always in the exact same spot. D:

Edit: Grr... a Machoke just showed up there 😠

WedgeX

Banned
There's this gated community at the end of my street that I cannot access, and almost every time there is a rarer Pokémon that shows up, it spawns at the very back of the gated community where I can't access it. Always in the exact same spot. D:

There's a whole host of social commentary waiting to happen in this post.

Zafir

All it does is punish anyone who didn't get to the higher levels already though.

I mean the damage has already been done...

adamy

Banned
All it does is punish anyone who didn't get to the higher levels already though.

I mean the damage has already been done...

I agree with this, but this is entirely in line with the sort of changes they consistently make

Hell look at the recent gyrados changes. they literally fucked anyone who doesn't already have a gyrados with that move set

Again, punishing people who haven't sunk in the same amount of time as others

zroid

Banned
Wow, a wild Golbat and Gengar just appeared at the same time while I was sitting at home

both useless to me (and with low CP to boot) but still

Awayze

Neo Member
Niantic are going to kill this game prematurely, not many people play as much and poke stops aren't being lured like they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom