• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

I'm kinda burnt out on IV's after making having some trouble with pokeassistant and annonyance of burning so much dust on it.

what is the best way to tell if you are in the upper/lower parts of IV's at a glance? I don't want to use too much time on checking everything individually, so if I can tell at once what to transfer and what to be more thourogh with it would be great.

I just use pgnexus to look at everything by recently caught. Made it much easier then trying to go through the nearly 100 mon i caught yesterday one by one.

Also still pissed that Magmar ran on the first berry+Ultea ball. That was the first +1000cp mon I've seen in the wild.

border

This is true. I'm disappointed as hell that I won't ever get the better Gyrados. That will be a lifetime advantage to players who didn't juggle work and family as I've had to. That said, if I had one and they took it away I'd been even more pissed. You can't win in these situations.

When trading gets implemented there will be somekinda of market where people sell perfect pokemons etc.
This Gyrados that will be very rare now will be very expensive.
So yes it will be huge adventage for those who got it.

A "lifetime advantage" for other players who got a Gyrados with Dragon Breath? That's a little dramatic, don't you think?

The meta for this game is going to reset inevitably. The level cap will go up, players will start to catch pokemon with 3000+ CP. At that point nobody will care about a 1st generation Gyrados with a slightly better moveset.

pringles

I'm kinda burnt out on IV's after making having some trouble with pokeassistant and annonyance of burning so much dust on it.

what is the best way to tell if you are in the upper/lower parts of IV's at a glance? I don't want to use too much time on checking everything individually, so if I can tell at once what to transfer and what to be more thourogh with it would be great.
High CP + low stardust cost to power up = decent IVs. Easier to tell if you have several of the same pokemon so you can compare.

Got a 500 evee out of a 10 km egg. Fuck this game.
Far better than Jynx or Onix.

Undefined

im level 26 with 2700 caught pokemon.
i dont have a single 100% perfect IV pokemon. And only a few that are 95%+ (nidoran, tangela and voltorb).

Wondering if at this point i should just give up and start powering up and evolving my 85+ pokemon. Like magikarp, dragonair, bulbasaur, slowbro.
And ive caught over 50 eevees and the highest I ever had was 75% and I turned that into a vaporeon. And my last 2 10km eggs in a row were both 580 eevees and both were 71% IV.

Seems like at this point ill probably never get a 100% pokemon, and dont even know if i should even hold out for a 95%+.

So how do we know the move changes are 100% confirmed? I'm arguing with a hard headed friend and it seems he will only accept official confirmation from Niantic or data mining.

Biske

Far better than Jynx or Onix.

Yup, at least hatching an Eevee you are going straight to a boss Vaporeon if you name it right. Either using the Rainer trick, or if the naming isnt working any more, I name it Sparky, so I at least almost never get a Jolteon and usually end up getting a Vaporeon.

im level 26 with 2700 caught pokemon.
i dont have a single 100% perfect IV pokemon. And only a few that are 95%+ (nidoran, tangela and voltorb).

Wondering if at this point i should just give up and start powering up and evolving my 85+ pokemon. Like magikarp, dragonair, bulbasaur, slowbro.
And ive caught over 50 eevees and the highest I ever had was 75% and I turned that into a vaporeon. And my last 2 10km eggs in a row were both 580 eevees and both were 71% IV.

Seems like at this point ill probably never get a 100% pokemon, and dont even know if i should even hold out for a 95%+.

the sad part is I might have already transferred a few 100% IV pokemon weeks ago lol

I always keep my highest CP and candy the rest, my goal is to level up and evolve to max out my PokeDex

adamy

Banned
Yup, at least hatching an Eevee you are going straight to a boss Vaporeon if you name it right. Either using the Rainer trick, or if the naming isnt working any more, I name it Sparky, so I at least almost never get a Jolteon and usually end up getting a Vaporeon.

oh god no more eevees

Over 600 candy and that's after mass evolving eevees

image.png

Decided this morning to trek across the city to the one Charmander nest downtown. Got three Charmanders out of it (finally have all the starters!), but feel like I should've had more given how long I spent down there. Across the highway is a Sandshrew nest but only got ONE of those, so that was extra sad. Plus, saw what I think was an Electabuzz silhouette and definitely a Clefable silhouette on my radar, couldn't find either of them. Not even pokemonnearby could help me with either of them, they didn't even show up on scans.

jelmerjt

What are these Eevee's IV's? Can I evolve them into Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon?

'Pryo' should be 'Pyro' by the way.

First Eevee:

Possible combinations: 5, perfection:
Maximum : 75.6%
Average: 72.9%
Minimum : 71.1%
Max level: 20

Second Eevee:

Showing first 20 combinations. Possible combinations: 27, perfection:
Maximum : 71.1%
Average: 47.2%
Minimum : 24.4%
Max level: 12

Third Eevee:

Possible combinations: 11, perfection:
Maximum : 77.8%
Average: 69.7%
Minimum : 64.4%
Max level: 10

Wait until you get better Eevee's (90% perfection or more). You don't have enough candies right now anyway to evolve all 3 of them :)

You can check IV's here: https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

Spent the weekend at my hometown (as I do most weekends) and the variety of pokemon is much better than at the city where I live. Besides the usual Nidorans, Poliwags and Bellsprouts I caught a decent amount of Dratinis and Magikarps (which aren't that common in my city) as well as two Omanytes. Also saw three Grimers I couldn't catch.

Most importantly I added four new entries to the Pokedex:
Blastoise
Slowbro
Victreebel
Graveler

Good weekend.

Undefined

the sad part is I might have already transferred a few 100% IV pokemon weeks ago lol

I always keep my highest CP and candy the rest, my goal is to level up and evolve to max out my PokeDex

I might have transferred some 100% IV guys. But the ones I transfer right away without checking are the pokemon that dont really matter like weedles, pidgeys, caterpies, zubats ... because they will never be good even with 100% IVs.

I do tend to transfer magikarps if they are like 10 CP, because its virtually impossible for a 10 CP pokemon to have really good IVs.

vikki

Level 22 with a 2300cp Dragonite? Dude catch dratinies and only dratinies?

Also, found a Magikarp nest close to my house. Caught 5 in the span of 5 minutes. I'm sure if I go back now then there'd be more.

zroid

Banned
Had an Ivysaur silhouette show up in sightings. Then I found him:

Kept tapping the pokestop no matter what angle or position I tried. He despawned soon after :/

This happened to me with a Squirtle a couple days after I started playing this. I was so mad, lol.

Had an Ivysaur silhouette show up in sightings. Then I found him:

Kept tapping the pokestop no matter what angle or position I tried. He despawned soon after :/

That is brutal. Did you try zooming in and using a small Asian woman's finger. I always bring one just in case.

zroid

Banned
Vulpix showed up while I was sitting on my couch. I was ecstatic, they're pretty rare around these parts.

Then the life slowly drained out of me as I tossed Great Ball after Razz Berry+Great Ball and it kept breaking out or smacking it away at the last second. :'(

Finally caught it with a Razz Berry+Ultra Ball. Sigh.

L Thammy

I think this game has a new cocktease mechanic. I saw a Muk (don't have one) and the moment I clicked it, it turned into a Pidgey. A while later I saw two Pidgeys, but they disappeared as soon as I clicked one.

zroid

Banned
Question: Does it matter what level I am when I evolve pokemon as far as what CP bonus they get when they evolve?
It's not really a bonus per se, the Pokémon is at a certain level and the amount of CP at that level is determined based on its internal stats and its species.

you raise its level by feeding it stardust/candies

I spent a week in Ireland and didn't come across a single Mr. Mime. He wasn't even on a single nearby list. I got and hatched 3 10k eggs too. That was super disappointing considering I run across 1-2 Tauros a day here in the States. I also stayed across from a place that used to be a massive Mr. Mime nest before it changed to something else before I got there. Ugh.

I did end up catching a 100 perfect IV Lapras with the best move set. So at least there was that.

GulAtiCa

Just 5k more exp till lv 24!

Also, Tauros has started appearing more often for me in the Sightings. Caught 2 yesterday and another showed up today. I didn't go after it of course. But was the 4th I've seen lately. Even Scyther and Pinsar have been appearing more often. Kinda cool.

With my new Electrode & Nidoqueen, I'm up to 103 Pokemon on my Pokedex.

Edit: Just caught my THIRD Tauros right now. Popped up in my living room. lol

My Pokedex is effectively 139 (I have the candies to evolve Charizard and Alakazam, but am waiting for a better Charmander/Abra) and the last three I have left until I've caught everything in North America are:

Porygon (Hoping to hatch one. I'm due some egg luck considering I've had to catch every single rare pokemon in the wild)
Kabutops (35/50 Kabuto candy, so nearly there)

...and Hypno (26/50 Drowzee candy, including a hatched egg).

Yes, my rarest evolving pokemon is one of the most common pokemon in the world.

Also these Pokedex entries are disturbing.

Oh yeah, and I caught this Squirtle today:

Percentage isn't outside of the ordinary, but its attack IV is above 3. Was the attack IV bug fixed?

Actually, looking at a Bulbasaur I caught yesterday, was the attack IV bug replaced with a stamina IV bug?

Just ran out and caught another Squirtle to test. This one is a regular old bad attack starter.

Solobbos

My Pokedex is effectively 139 (I have the candies to evolve Charizard and Alakazam, but am waiting for a better Charmander/Abra) and the last three I have left until I've caught everything in North America are:

Porygon (Hoping to hatch one. I'm due some egg luck considering I've had to catch every single rare pokemon in the wild)
Kabutops (35/50 Kabuto candy, so nearly there)

...and Hypno (26/50 Drowzee candy, including a hatched egg).

Yes, my rarest evolving pokemon is one of the most common pokemon in the world.

Also these Pokedex entries are disturbing.

Oh yeah, and I caught this Squirtle today:

Percentage isn't outside of the ordinary, but its attack IV is above 3. Was the attack IV bug fixed?
Meanwhile, where I live:
3Dk0x4M.jpg

So, umm, should I be concerned about max level when calculating IV?

I have a 165 Magikarp, max level 24, 91% and a 156 Magikarp, max level 22, 97.8%. Not sure which one is better to evolve?

So, umm, should I be concerned about max level when calculating IV?

I have a 165 Magikarp, max level 24, 91% and a 156 Magikarp, max level 22, 97.8%. Not sure which one is better to evolve?

No, everything has a max level of 1.5 levels above your current trainer level.

That said, at a certain point, you need to start worrying about stardust, so I would prioritize IV over level for at most six pokemon that you really care about (that is about where I had serious stardust concerns from leveling level 17 to 20 pokemon to 25+).

Koh

Blastoise showed up, 32 CP. I knew they were hard to catch so i berried and ultra balled. It ran after the first attempt.

No, everything has a max level of 1.5 levels above your current trainer level.

That said, at a certain point, you need to start worrying about stardust, so I would prioritize IV over level for at most six pokemon that you really care about.

Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with the highest IV here because their CP is so similar. Only 100 candies to go!

HardRojo

Blastoise showed up, 32 CP. I knew they were hard to catch so i berried and ultra balled. It ran after the first attempt.
Yeah, there's something with the starters and Pidgeys running away after the first breakout that really irritates me. A Bulbasaur escaped half an hour ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom