• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddiger7

Banned
Finally got my 145 pokemon caught yesterday. Thats all of them till they decide to release legendaries and ditto. Only level 26 will probably play till im 30 and wait for the next gen.

Ashodin

Pokemon Appraisal:

LVxpalU.png
YEEL2eR.png
zHMV3j4.png

It's not nor will it ever be maths

Biske

If it's anything like the games there will probably be different lines to indicate IV level, which is fine.

They should just get rid of IVs, clearly they are uncomfortable acknowledging the hidden bullshit that drives the competetative scene, so why not remove it so we can all focus on battle strategy instead of hours of tedious grinding and farming. IVs are the worst parts of the games.

HardRojo

They should just get rid of IVs, clearly they are uncomfortable acknowledging the hidden bullshit that drives the competetative scene, so why not remove it so we can all focus on battle strategy instead of hours of tedious grinding and farming. IVs are the worst parts of the games.

IVs existing in Go make sense, as there aren't many variables to make Pokémon different from one another, but they should be visible. IVs in the main games are stupid as there are already several variables at play to ensure Pokémon are different in many ways.

border

Finally decided to try putting some of my best Pokemon on gym towers today, for the first time.

I got 2 of them placed on Level 10 towers, most of them on Level 8-9 towers, and one on some junky Level 4 tower that I hope will hold just because it's in a crummy area without a lot of foot traffic.

Several times it seemed like the game would shit the bed when I got close to leveling a tower. It would start a fight, then throw me back to the menu screen with a generic "Error" message. Does this happen to anyone else?

I would try and try, but nothing solved the problem other than coming back a little later. It's obviously quite nerve-racking to leave a tower that's only a few hundred points away from leveling -- I actually lost a slot once because somebody had taken it when I returned.

wwm0nkey

I'd be fine with them removing IVs in the main line games honestly. Keep EV training in though via mini games like X&Y

night814

Several times it seemed like the game would shit the bed when I got close to leveling a tower. It would start a fight, then throw me back to the menu screen with a generic "Error" message. Does this happen to anyone else?
This happened to me at a very populated place about 2 weeks ago, I was challenging the gym and it would let me choose my team and start the battle but immediately error'd out. This is apparently a glitch that if someone adds a stronger pkmn to the gym while its being challenged it will cause the gym to be unfightable for about 10 min. Not sure how legit that is but it makes some sense.

This happened to me at a very populated place about 2 weeks ago, I was challenging the gym and it would let me choose my team and start the battle but immediately error'd out. This is apparently a glitch that if someone adds a stronger pkmn to the gym while its being challenged it will cause the gym to be unfightable for about 10 min. Not sure how legit that is but it makes some sense.

This has happened to me a few times, but other people I've been with have been able to battle while I keep getting error'd so I don't think that explanation adds up.

Niantic going after scanners again.

pokemonnearby.io down :(

"Pokemon Nearby IO

Niantic are shutting down accounts used just to scan. See this topic at reddit. So pokemonnearby.io is switched off. Sorry!"

reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongod...st_10_accounts_today_after_going_all_weekend/

Is this the end jellies or do you think there might be a work around in the future? Either way, thanks for all the work you put into that scanner, it's been a god send for me.

Biske

I'd be fine with them removing IVs in the main line games honestly. Keep EV training in though via mini games like X&Y

EV training is fine because it is visible and it is a game you can easily control and work towards.

Meanwhile hatching hundreds of eggs is just a waste of time, absolutely kills the competitive scene for me.

IVs existing in Go make sense, as there aren't many variables to make Pokémon different from one another, but they should be visible. IVs in the main games are stupid as there are already several variables at play to ensure Pokémon are different in many ways.

Eh its just more tedious crap. Sucks even worse if I live in a place that doesn't have tons of pokemon, I'm disadvantaged right away. Maybe two or three Arcanines (or whatever) is the best I can do in my area, but other people have easier access to that pokemon, so mine will forever be shitty?

It's a perfect way to make me nope out and disengage with that part of the game. Which if I was a game maker, I would absolutely not want to do. But thats just me.

zulux21

EV training is fine because it is visible and it is a game you can easily control and work towards.

Meanwhile hatching hundreds of eggs is just a waste of time, absolutely kills the competitive scene for me.

Eh its just more tedious crap. Sucks even worse if I live in a place that doesn't have tons of pokemon, I'm disadvantaged right away. Maybe two or three Arcanines (or whatever) is the best I can do in my area, but other people have easier access to that pokemon, so mine will forever be shitty?

It's a perfect way to make me nope out and disengage with that part of the game. Which if I was a game maker, I would absolutely not want to do. But thats just me.

heh two or three arcanines being bad :p

best I can get is vaporeon, beyond that I am not anywhere near anything good as all the good stuff either doesn't spawn, or is so rare that after 6 weeks of playing I have only like 21 candies for them.

only reason I have so much oddish candy is because I keep hatching them, beyond that i see one maybe once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom