• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Just caught my 4th Tauros since Saturday! And I've seen at least 5 on my radar. I might as well be called Ash now. lol.

Also, got lucky. Found a Magmar on my way into work today! Less then 100 CP, but made it easy to catch

ChrisW

Just got a 10k egg plus I found this guy, shame about the CP but I have a 709 haunted to evolve soon.

g4lq8jT.jpg

Not a bad day, getting tons of Pokestops, Gengar, 10k egg and a Mr. Mime

They will always flee after the first throw, so you'd better make that first throw good.

No, though Caterpie and Weedle are skewed a bit towards fleeing.

Abra's 100% flee rate after the first toss is based off of the main series games: Wild Abra will always use Teleport and escape the very first turn of the battle (unless you use a move or have a Pokémon with an ability that bars this).

Being pedantic here, but it's not actually a 100% flee rate. It's 99%, so theres a teeeeny chance you may get a second attempt at capturing it haha.

L00P

Don't you hate it when you decide to go back home and just when you're about to enter the house there's a fuckin squirtle nearby and you just gotta find it so you scramble around the neighborhood looking for it but then it disappears and you're left angry and disappointed? Because fuck that squirtle

Durden77

I'm in the same situation as you, got a poliwag with 88% iv (ATK:15 DEF:12 STA:13) decided to catch a bunch of poliwags to evolve him and ended up with a poliwrath with mud shot and ice fist

Unfortunately...I'd say it's not worth it. It might've been okay still if it had Bubble and Ice Punch, but as it is even a mediocre Poliwrath with Bubble will completely outclass it. IVs don't matter anywhere near as much as the moveset.

Still, hang on to it in case we get a way to switch up movesets in the future.

Bummer man... I actually already powered him up a little before I realized his moveset. Sad times. Guess I'll slowly start working on another one...

I think I finally feel confident about one of my pokemon actually staying in a gym for more than an hour...

bottom guy

Screenshot_20160822_060151.png

my guy

Screenshot_20160822_062005.png

top guy

Screenshot_20160822_060217.png

somehow this gym defied all odds because it's usually one of the highest turnover gyms around (people still regularly play in the evening). the fact that people keep making the effort to build up the gym makes me feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside.

edit: collected on 5 gyms today, would a had 6 but someone took down my lone exeggutor :(

The campus cheater seems to be gone! I have Pokemon in three gyms...just waiting on the countdown to cash out.

Edit: One of the blue gyms on campus that I didn't have a Pokemon in has turned red...I still have three in, but I'm nervous and I still have an hour to wait :-/

I have not gotten a single 10 KM egg...and I've hatched over 45 eggs. I mainly get 5 km eggs. I heard they increased the max speed for hatching...hoping I can bike a bit faster to hatch now.

AdanVC

I've been messing around with IVs and stuff and I want to ask: If a Pokémon has almost perfect IVs, will it lose them if I evolve him or will it stay with it's top notch IVs?? Or is it random? I test it by evolving a pidgey with 92% IV and it turned into a useless Pidgeotto with 62%. Should I not evolve those with high IV and just give them powerdust or what? So confusing : /

GulAtiCa

Just reached level 24. That was quite a grind without a Lucky Egg. Now to do the same to reach 25.
How long did it take you? I'm going to hit lv 24 today. Just 1.4k EXP away! Took me just under 2 weeks. Can only assume at this rate lv 25 will take 2 & half weeks.

L Thammy

Up until now, I've been powering up all of my weaker fully-evolved Pokemon so that I had a team of Pokemon that were all fairly useful. Now that I've got a bunch that are over 1000 CP or at least close, I figured that it was time to focus on Pokemon with good IVs.

Turns out, I don't have any of those! Absolutely none.

..Well, I have a Flareon that's okay, but I'm saving Eevee candies until I get a Jolteon.

GulAtiCa

Is it true that getting to level 20 makes it harder to catch Pokemon?

Of course not..

Every new level you reach, all the Pokemon's CP range you see in the wild will be bigger. So you have bigger and better chance at finding high CP Pokemon. Those high CP Pokemon will be harder to catch (since they are more leveled up). Those low CP Pokemon will still be the same rate as before.

A CP 50 Pidgey at lv 5 will be the same catch rate/etc as if you were lv 25.

I had my first scary encounter playing this. I was on my break at work and saw that there was a tentacruel across the street. I made a mad dash to catch it, but then I went too far. Some guy saw me (an older dude) and was looking at me all suspiciously. So I went back to the end of the street, fell into a ditch, then finally ended up in the field to catch tentacruel. Ran out of pokeballs and it got away. Meanwhile the old man drives up to me and accuses me of filming houses. I was like nooooooo, I'm playing this pokemon game trying to catch pokemon. Then he went on about how he was part of a neighborhood watch group and how he keeps an eye on his neighbors and the neighborhood. I showed him the game and he was like oh, poke-a-man! But I think he tried to follow me back to my work after that. Now I'm half expecting the cops to show up asking for me, lol

L Thammy

Six minutes until cash out and some bastard knocked one of my Pokemon from the gym I JUST took. Oh well, two is still pretty good!

I wish you could see how many times your Pokemon successfully defend a gym. I held two gyms for twelve hours or so once; I'd like to have at least some evidence of the accomplishment.

Joni

How long did it take you? I'm going to hit lv 24 today. Just 1.4k EXP away! Took me just under 2 weeks. Can only assume at this rate lv 25 will take 2 & half weeks.

Can't find it. Seems like I got to level 22 on August 7th, so I assume a bit more than a week on level 23.

Dishwalla

Banned
Have had six 10km eggs; three Onyx, one Pinsir, a Chansey, and a Jynx. The first Onyx was cool since I needed one, the other two were disappointing. I sure don't need any help getting Pinsir, have several of them and I usually see like one a day pop up.

Don't think I've got anything useful from 5km eggs, I could really use a Vulpix or God forbid a Porygon. 2km eggs are hit and miss, have had several starters hatch but also a fair share of Weedle and Rattata. Still could use a Clefairy though.

CrazE

Banned
Getting pretty tired of this GPS crap with the "slow down are you driving?" screen popping up constantly while I'm walking. It didn't do this before they implemented this into the game. But now it never fails. Not sure if it's my GPS geeking or whatnot, but damn.

I believe it kills any distance you walk after that pops up. So I'm always restarting the game when this happens. iphone 6 plus user here.

Wish we could trade lol, I have only seen him once appear on my nearby and he was all the way out in the water according to Nearby.

Come here, SNK. We literally have a Magmar nest close to where I live.

There were 3 out at the same time earlier.

Plus, a wild Venusaur popped up at this spot too. :)

Chaos17

My phone go to sleep too fast so every time I wake it up, game just "freeze" that I've to restart it everytime. I tried the app "Walkey" but no change. This kinda killed my joy from the game :(

And sometimes it's the bad operator connection that is not good.
That's a bit sad because I can't even properly hatch my eggs with those flaws...

AdanVC

I had my first scary encounter playing this. I was on my break at work and saw that there was a tentacruel across the street. I made a mad dash to catch it, but then I went too far. Some guy saw me (an older dude) and was looking at me all suspiciously. So I went back to the end of the street, fell into a ditch, then finally ended up in the field to catch tentacruel. Ran out of pokeballs and it got away. Meanwhile the old man drives up to me and accuses me of filming houses. I was like nooooooo, I'm playing this pokemon game trying to catch pokemon. Then he went on about how he was part of a neighborhood watch group and how he keeps an eye on his neighbors and the neighborhood. I showed him the game and he was like oh, poke-a-man! But I think he tried to follow me back to my work after that. Now I'm half expecting the cops to show up asking for me, lol

Damn! That was intense! But yeah this game can make you look all suspicious at times when you're trying to find a pokemon, especially when you're trying to find a new one and you're going back and forth on the streets until the damn pokemon appears! Wich is why we need an efficient tracking system in-game. So that when a new Pokemon appears, you can just select it and quickly see the exact location so you can just go there, catch it and you're good to go! Also, too bad you didn't catch that Tentacruel in the end : /

L Thammy

I haven't had a dangerous Pokemon Go experience, but have had random people hating on it to me.

A few weeks ago, my coworkers and I were getting a late night burger and talking business. When we were getting up to leave, this old redneck lady started asking us about Pokemon Go. She was asking if people get money for catching Pokemon because she can't figure out any other good reason why people would do it.

More recently I was at an event which happened to be near a Pokestop. It wasn't a formal event; people had their laptops out and such. Some lady went up to me and... I think she was trying to recruit me to do some work for her? It was a weird conversation, where she kept asking me how to do things and then brushing off the explanations. At some point, while I was talking, I momentarily took out my phone to use the Pokestop. She then told me that she couldn't believe that I played Pokemon, that I'm wasting my time, and I should read books instead.

All I need now are Charmeleon, Raichu, Nidoqueen, Machamp, Golem, Omastar, Kabutops, Chansey, Porygon, Aerodactyl and Snorlax.

Plus Tauros and Farfetch'd.

Only ever caught 4 Charmander (and a Charizard), 1 Omanyte and 2 Kabuto, so they're the ones I'm worried about.
Don't want to evolve a Charmander until I get to 125 candies anyway, so I can get the best Charizard.

My phone go to sleep too fast so every time I wake it up, game just "freeze" that I've to restart it everytime. I tried the app "Walkey" but no change. This kinda killed my joy from the game :(

And sometimes it's the bad operator connection that is not good.
That's a bit sad because I can't even properly hatch my eggs with those flaws...

I use Wakey and it's perfect. you can change the time it goes to sleep in your phone settings.

adamy

Banned
I've been messing around with IVs and stuff and I want to ask: If a Pokémon has almost perfect IVs, will it lose them if I evolve him or will it stay with it's top notch IVs?? Or is it random? I test it by evolving a pidgey with 92% IV and it turned into a useless Pidgeotto with 62%. Should I not evolve those with high IV and just give them powerdust or what? So confusing : /

IV never changes

I think some calculators are off though because I had a similar experience.

90+ Drowzee turned into a 70 something Hypno after I fed 20k stardust into it :(

i think it's just that some calculators only give you the average %, and others like pokeassistant show you all the possibilities

Growlie19

Two new mons added to the dex today: Lickitung and Machop, both from 5K eggs. I also got a 450ish CP Diglett, which is a major improvement over the 50 CP one I caught at Lake Placid. Pokédex is now at 89 seen and caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom