• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new mons added to the dex today: Lickitung and Machop, both from 5K eggs. I also got a 450ish CP Diglett, which is a major improvement over the 50 CP one I caught at Lake Placid. Pokédex is now at 89 seen and caught!

I love your avy, Growlithe is one of my favorites now :) so cute

I get occasional scrub pokemon show up while I'm at my desk at work, probably like 12 or so throughout my shift. I ran out of regular pokeballs and have been using Great balls on like 10 CP Weedles...

Is there a glitch for that? Because I caught a bunch of Charmander at a nest this weekend and they were almost all above 400 (I'm level 22).
It's not been officially confirmed by Niantic, but the attack power of wild Pokémon are tied to their official numbers. That means for example the attack power of wild starters (#1,4, and 7 on the Pokédex) will be much lower than a wild Dratini (#147). Because of this the starters will have an overall lower IV and any Pokémon above I believe Scyther could potentially have 100% IVs. Only way around this is hatching lower numbered 'mon from eggs.

Do people think there will be some nice benefit to being over level 20 at some point? I have enough trash pokemon to get to level 23 or so but idk why I should do that if it just makes wild pokemon harder to catch.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wow this trip to Salt Lake City has been very productive. I filled 5 out of my 6 remaining pokedex entries in one day (Kabutops, Omastar, Charizard, Flareon, Dodrio). Kabuto and Omanyte are easily found here. Aerodactyl spawns multiple times a day. Charizard also actually spawns here. I have never seen a single Charizard at my hometown.

I have been traveling a lot recently and the common pokemon in different cities is VERY different

Last one remaining for my pokedex is Gyarados!

Prototype

Got back from a 2 week trip and updated and is it just me or did they "move" Pokemon around?
All the old hotspots in my city just aren't as popping as they were before. Less stuff appears now. Did they change the distribution algorithm or something ?

adamy

Banned
Best way to test this is to evolve it, dust once then check IV again. IV do changes

Best way to test it is using apps/sites that pull in game API data, which has been done extensively. It's 100% accurate as it pulls actual in game data values

IV never changes

adamy

Banned
I'm in desperate need of water Pokemon

Fire Pokemon on the other hand...

image.png

Well, had two 10km eggs hatch while I was walking.

a 800 Omanyte, which was cool, it's the first I've ever had.

and another god damn Eevee >_> This makes 4 from 10k eggs. What a damn waste. Gave me 24 Eevee candies tho.

zulux21

Well, had two 10km eggs hatch while I was walking.

a 800 Omanyte, which was cool, it's the first I've ever had.

and another god damn Eevee >_> This makes 4 from 10k eggs. What a damn waste. Gave me 24 Eevee candies tho.
I would love 10km eggs and eevees.

4 vaporeons and 2 flareons are not enough.

I would love 10km eggs and eevees.

4 vaporeons and 2 flareons are not enough.

You should see my entire city. Absolutely saturated in Eevees and its Evolutions, mainly Vaporeons. Kinda shitty to see them in so many top spots in Gyms. It's nice to see something different like a Slowbro or Venusaur in the top spot.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

This is probably the most popular place to play in Taiwan. It's called Beitou Park in the Taipei area. With the crazy population density, I've read that they reliably have multiple rare spawns daily at the park (Gyarados, Dragonite, Snorlax)

Some photos all from that park

I've been to this area before. Those small off-roads from the main streets have probably never seen this many people ever!

jts

...hate me...
Km counter counting less than half of the real distance + another Eevee hatching from a 10km egg :|

Losing some motivation to keep the app running tbh. Just feels not worth the battery it wastes.

rc213

Km counter counting less than half of the real distance + another Eevee hatching from a 10km egg :|

Losing some motivation to keep the app running tbh. Just feels not worth the battery it wastes.

GPS tracking is definitely buggy, Some days I get great tracking but today on my commute to work i got .1km on all my eggs. Friday i got about 3.2km. And of course on Saturday at a dinner on a resort sitting at a table I Hatched a bunch 2km, 5km and 2x 10km eggs just sitting there while catching close to 100 mons. WTF

Not

Banned
I FINALLY GOT MY NIDOQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN. Had over 135 candies, so I took a 390cp Nidoran all the way up. Wife and I are < 3000 xp from level 21.

Ran out of power-up candies, but I got "QUEEN." as I call her up to 1360cp. Ran into a Snorlax too! The tracker actually helped me hunt it down. All I have to do now is catch a Scyther and I'll feel fulfilled with this game.

Nightbird

I'm in desperate need of water Pokemon

Fire Pokemon on the other hand...

image.png

Literal opposite for me.

I've caught every Water Pokemon the game currently offers (except Blastoise), but I need Fire Pokemon so bad that I nicknamed my Flareon "Charizard".

it got better since that server update though.

From the release notes for the new update....

Implemented Pokémon Appraisal: Trainers will now be able to learn about a Pokémon’s attack and defense capabilities from their Team Leader (Candela, Blanche or Spark) to determine which of their Pokémon have the most potential for battle.

pringles

Great if we can see the IVs in-game after the update, but I can's say it was my most wanted feature.. judging by this:

"We are still working hard on several new and exciting features to come in the future of Pokémon GO."

there are no other major changes with this update so that's a little bit disappointing.

Meanwhile in Taiwan... Snorlax causes a chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoYjVTbLWyo

This is probably the most popular place to play in Taiwan. It's called Beitou Park in the Taipei area. With the crazy population density, I've read that they reliably have multiple rare spawns daily at the park (Gyarados, Dragonite, Snorlax)

Some photos all from that park

I've been to this area before. Those small off-roads from the main streets have probably never seen this many people ever!
That is just insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom