• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I might buy a bike for this game. Then again, it's pretty hot right now. There's also a good amount of parks around me except the ones I checked our have walking trails, not biking. I need to get in shape stamina wise.

Chaos17

10:02 AM, the map is still empty in Japan...

Though so because I doubt Niantic will be working during night (I mean except for tech team) because it's kinda 8 pm in central america. Well, if it's isn't released today at all, I will never trust anymore any TechCrunch news.
(specialy a staff from them tried to play secretive)

My little nephew was getting pissed off before, apparently he had been trying for "four days!" to make an account and play. He's got an android tablet but for some reason it doesn't let him use a Google account to sign in, only a Pokemon Trainer Club thing which hasn't been working.

Anybody know of a fix? I've never used the tablet before so I donno how different it is from my HTC One M8.

aza

I've been going to my town's waterfront a lot lately. The park is probably our best spot for lures. Always surprised to see how many people gather up to play.

After taking in the scenery, I was inspired to make this little video.

hirokazu

You can go to any game community and look at their bans and see a bunch of people who legit got banned saying they are innocent. Keep in mind that these are all people that have absolutely nothing to lose by claiming they were innocent.
I fully support banning cheaters ASAP. I'm sure they'll give a but of leeway for minor GPS glitches. I think I worst I've had is the location drifting off by about 150-200m while in a long pedestrian tunnel.

Yes, Pokemon saying their names is dumb.

They need to hire Dee Bradley Baker.

I'm fine with that but this was just one of those instances where the VA really took it to the next level. Its so ridiculous but incredibly hilarious at the same time. I can imagine they had fun shooting that scene.

A friend of mine has a weird problem where the game won't start on mobile data. It boots fine on wifi, and sometimes we can even move from wifi to mobile with the game up, but trying to start on cell data only is a no-go 100 percent of the time. Anyone have any familiarity with this glitch, or how it might be fixed?

My gut says it has something to do with T-Mobile's insistence on using any wifi in reach, but I'm really not sure.

hirokazu

Yeah and I don't ride very fast when not in a hurry lol.
I think part of the problem is that the game reports location to the server in set intervals to calculate distance travelled, and they may have changed it to report even less often to help with server load.

So if you're on a bike and you turn a corner between location updates, you'll only get the direct line from your previous location as the distance travelled. Probably worse if you're continuously going in a circuit.

No, please share it :D
Nope. Full moon last night in Sydney. No difference in Clefairy spawns.

My little nephew was getting pissed off before, apparently he had been trying for "four days!" to make an account and play. He's got an android tablet but for some reason it doesn't let him use a Google account to sign in, only a Pokemon Trainer Club thing which hasn't been working.

Anybody know of a fix? I've never used the tablet before so I donno how different it is from my HTC One M8.

Might've denied access on the google account. Try making a new Google and use that.

Also, unless that tablet has GPS in it, the game won't function properly.

Wootz, just hatched this from a 10km egg!
SwZH4DQ.jpg

Was hoping it'd be powered higher, but still a nice get.

Frillen

So evolving an Eevee to a Vaporeon raises the CP by about 2,3 times of the original Eevee. So isn't it better then to power up the Eevee before evolving? So if an Eevee is at 550 and you evolve it, it will become a Vaporeon at about 1450. But if you power up the Eevee to, let's say, 610, it will become a Vaporeon of about 1605?

Quonny

So evolving an Eevee to a Vaporeon raises the CP by about 2,3 times of the original Eevee. So isn't it better then to power up the Eevee before evolving?

Makes no difference. The cost is the same and the strength is the same whether you power it up before or after evolving.

to me it seems like that if you move close to the suggested 10 mph to hatch your eggs it often doesnt track the distance while when moving noticeably slower like 5-6 mph the tracking is pretty reliable
i assume the GPS positioning and speed calculation isnt all that accurate sometimes, so for those trying to hatch their eggs via bikes id recommend cycling a noticeably bit slower than the suggested "hatch-speed-limit"

Do all pokemon of the same species have the same potential? If I had infinite stardust and candies, would a cp10 pidgey and a cp100 pidgey eventually become equally powerful, or will one always be better?

I ask this because Im super hesitant to spend my stardust, and I'd hate to waste them on a pokemon that would turn out to suck.

So evolving an Eevee to a Vaporeon raises the CP by about 2,3 times of the original Eevee. So isn't it better then to power up the Eevee before evolving? So if an Eevee is at 550 and you evolve it, it will become a Vaporeon at about 1450. But if you power up the Eevee to, let's say, 610, it will become a Vaporeon of about 1605?
Doesn't matter. If the white bar is 50% full it'll still be 50% full, if it's 90% it'll still be 90%.
Powering up before or after doesn't change anything.

Dash27

Nice! I have tons of Squirtels. Never should have picked him first lol

I just got a Pikachu as I was out for my night walk, thought of your post haha. He was orange, I was able to get a Raz and one throw off then the server crashed. I reloaded and saw I caught him :D

I really want more Squirtles, do you live or catch them by water? Or does that not even matter?

I just got a Pikachu as I was out for my night walk, thought of your post haha. He was orange, I was able to get a Raz and one throw off then the server crashed. I reloaded and saw I caught him :D

I really want more Squirtles, do you live or catch them by water? Or does that not even matter?

Cool!

I live by a Great Lake (Erie) so yeah, that could have something to do with it xD

Although, oddly, there's always a Ponyta in the park right by the lip of the lake which just seems odd. lol

Lol,

They're based on Trainer classes in the main games. Each class has their own type that they lean towards.

I don't get it. Shouldn't the trainer classes be genderless? Unless by trainer classes you mean the different types of trainers you battle against. In that case, I remember a few of these from Gen 1, which is the last time I was into Pokémon. It's still weird that so many of them are skewed female and there's only male gendered one (fisherman). Isn't there a Bug Boy in Pokémon?

Sarye

Ran into a 900 Electrobuzz that ran away =( Threw everything I could at it. Thankfully my wife was able to snag him.

As for the Clefairy, I dunno if it is a coincidence but I caught one today and saw it on the map a few times.

Ran into a 900 Electrobuzz that ran away =( Threw everything I could at it. Thankfully my wife was able to snag him.

As for the Clefairy, I dunno if it is a coincidence but I caught one today and saw it on the map a few times.

Our Zoo is absolutely infested with Clefairies. lol. I caught at least 10 of them today.

Pachimari

Just woke up at 4 in the morning, opens up the app in my bed, and low and behold there's a Wigglytuff. Also caught a Shellder which I already have, and I see a Wartortle on my radar too.

wmlk

I don't get it. Shouldn't the trainer classes be genderless? Unless by trainer classes you mean the different types of trainers you battle against. In that case, I remember a few of these from Gen 1, which is the last time I was into Pokémon. It's still weird that so many of them are skewed female and there's only male gendered one (fisherman). Isn't there a Bug Boy in Pokémon?

I believe a few of these are made up.

Besides server instability and fragile client network stuff (hello Pokeball freeze bug), this is probably my biggest issue with Pokemon Go right now. It feels like the optimal way to play the game and the "intended" way to play the game are practically at odds with one another. I'm still walking around and happily collecting things, but it's unfortunate to always have in the back of my head that I could be more "productive" if I just went down to the ferry terminal instead and sat there for hours gorging on Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom