• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

How can I use a lure module?

I'm next to a pokestop and I clicked on the bag but it says that I cannot use it

On the Pokestop, click it where you have the circle you can spin. On top of it should be a white rectangle. That is where Lures go. Click it and add a Lure that way.

(If a Lure is active at one, you can view you placed it there too.)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Quick, guys, which Pokemon go team should I join? What does GAF say? Sell me your team in titulating ways!

Maz

I definitely got soft banned. Was driving to the next town going about 120km/hr, used an incense. Managed to catch 2 pokemon then proceeded to lose 15 in a row where they escape the first ball then run away. 3 of those pokemon were cp10.

Edit: just hit 20 in a row

Muku

Sorry if this has been asked:

How rare is it to stumble upon another starter? I just got a Charmander.

I started off with Charmander day 1 when it first went live in iTunes store. I've only gotten three Squirtles since. Actually found one this evening on walk home. Still no Bulba in sight.

I definitely got soft banned. Was driving to the next town going about 120km/hr, used an incense. Managed to catch 2 pokemon then proceeded to lose 15 in a row where they escape the first ball then run away. 3 of those pokemon were cp10.

Edit: just hit 20 in a row

Are you still trying to play while driving? You can't catch Pokemon after a certain speed. If they pop out after the first ball, they run away.

Yeah, better than average at least I'd say

Sure, sign up with Valor, if you want to join the Lannisters of pokemon go. Y'all know Mystic is house Stark, which would make Instinct...I dunno, Baratheon?

A L̶a̶n̶n̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ Valor always repays his debts my good man

Instinct are probably the Watch; bunch of misfits who fight valiantly but are forgotten by most of the world!

johnsmith

remember me
Spent all evening playing in parks around town. Didn't get much besides 5 hitmonlees (a park nearby is a Hitmonlee nest) and a Likkitung. At least now I've got tons of evo fodder to get some good level ups.

It never stops being amazing how you can drop a lure in any park, and even if it's empty within minutes people come out of nowhere.

Also not a single Clefairy. So much for that theory.

On the Pokestop, click it where you have the circle you can spin. On top of it should be a white rectangle. That is where Lures go. Click it and add a Lure that way.

(If a Lure is active at one, you can view you placed it there too.)

Tap the stop to bring up the screen for it, then below the name of the stop there's a little slot you can click to install the module.

Thanks guys.

Another question. Is it better to evolve a pokemon with lower curve or higher curve?

Spent all evening playing in parks around town. Didn't get much besides 5 hitmonlees (a park nearby is a Hitmonlee nest) and a Likkitung. At least now I've got tons of evo fodder to get some good level ups.

It never stops being amazing how you can drop a lure in any park, and even if it's empty within minutes people come out of nowhere.

Also not a single Clefairy. So much for that theory.

LOL!! THIS!!!

before I went home I lured this one spot with 3 pokestops with lures...in like 5 minutes there were 20-30 people there!!!

I found a Hitmonlee nest, but its inside a golf course and the entrance fee is $15. I wonder if I can get in for free if I just walk around. A new one spawns like ever 10mins.

Pachimari

Is the special move available all the time? I thought I had to wait until some bar filled before I could use a special move but I can't see a bar anywhere.

Muku

Is the special move available all the time? I thought I had to wait until some bar filled before I could use a special move but I can't see a bar anywhere.

It's under your HP bar. It'll fill up. Once it's filled, you'll see it adding to it as you attack, then press and hold on your Pokemon to unleash it.

correojon

If I challenge a gym of my color and can´t beat a single Pokémon, am I contibuting to strengthening that gym´s prestige, or do I have to win at least one battle?

In other words: can us scrubs with Pokes under 200CPs do something with gyms right now?

Koh

If I challenge a gym of my color and can´t beat a single Pokémon, am I contibuting to strengthening that gym´s prestige, or do I have to win at least one battle?

In other words: can us scrubs with Pokes under 200CPs do soemthing with gyms right now?

I'm interested in this too. There are two gyms in my town, both with 1600+s. My best is a 313.

Ishida

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked:

How rare is it to stumble upon another starter? I just got a Charmander.

Started with a Charmander.

Squirtles and Bulbasaurs are pretty common in my area. Charmanders however, are like finding a real lizard with a lit tail.

zulux21

Anyone having problems logging into the game on Tmobile west coast? Haven't been able to log in all day.

if you are on an iphone you could try the airplane mode trick.

turn your phone to airplane mode and then start the app. let it load until it is on the loading screen and the red box saying no internet comes down. Then turn your phone off airplane mode and let it load.

just trying to let it load I have managed to get in exactly zero times in 100-150 tries today (I was trying for 6 straight hours and while the servers were down for part of it most of the time they weren't)

using the airplane mode method I have had about a 95% log in success rate while the servers are up today which is 10 or so log ins since I can just turn off the phone and leave the app running without to much issue in general once I am logged in.

Maz

Started with a Charmander.

Squirtles and Bulbasaurs are pretty common in my area. Charmanders however, are like finding a real lizard with a lit tail.

I live in a desert, I'm more likely to run into mew than a grass type. All my top poke on are fire type. Was so happy to find 1 weedle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom