• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
he didn't say different, he said better, and if you are a higher level you definitely get better pokemon with higher cp

that's the reason why you should not use stardust early on

i thought by better he meant higher tier pokemon, not higher CP. my bad

yeah, CP definitely goes way up

i'd save your dust until you are at least 15. if i could go back i wouldn't use any dust until level 20

Strangely enough for me, server issues usually revolve around trying to catch a Pokemon and it freezes. This evening though, that went pretty smooth. But of course just because that did, meant something else had to break. When it would go into battery saver mode, I'd whip it out due to a buzz and it'd be frozen. Or partially, where I couldn't spend myself around to see what was there. Sometimes though totally frozen. Not sure why it's having issues in battery saver mode now. Not sure which is worse.

don't use battery saver mode. i used to use it but it fucks everything up.

well the CP difference is significant, but yeah Alakazam doesn't seem too great. he's just a PITA to fully evolve in my experience. Abras tend to teleport/flee if you don't catch them after your first throw, and they aren't very common around here. i'm more so excited from a collectors point of view.

and also yeah, Snorlax is a beast

CP should be a lot closer among fully evolved Pokemon :(

Sucks to evolve a Pokemon and find it only got to like 700 CP when you have 1200 CP mons (when both are like 90%+ on the white bar).

adamy

Banned
are Growlihes uncommon for anyone/supposed to be uncommon? i'm surprised how incredibly common they are around here given how fucking strong Arcanine is

I guess the same could be said about Eevees...

Pachimari

It's creepy when somebody have thrown lure at the church beside my apartment at 4 in the morning. Right there and then I go back to sleep, hiding under my duvet.

are Growlihes uncommon for anyone/supposed to be uncommon? i'm surprised how incredibly common they are around here given how fucking strong Arcanine is.

I have never seen a Growlithe here in Denmark.

But I think it have been on my radar a rare few times but I never found one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I think it's just caused by server issues.

I didn't have it happen once in a three hour session today so they seem to be working on it.

Yes, unfortunately. It's usually when the servers are overloaded. I don't think there's much you can really do to fix it.

Sadly, yes. Luckily I haven't gotten it in a while, but a sometime last week I had it literally 6 times in a row, and few other pockets almost as bad as well.

It happened 6 times in a row to me yesterday. Changed location and it started working. I haven´t found the issue again. In fact, today everything is working strangely smooth.

Thanks! I just wondered if my copy was corrupted or something. Hopefully it'll be smoothed out soon

casiopao

Not rare, but probably not quite that common. Top 10 around here (roughly in order) is:

Pidgey
Rattata
Ekans
Mankey
Sandshrew
Paras
Geodude
Growlithe
Ponyta
Doduo

Paras is weird, sometimes it's ALL OVER and sometimes I'll go a while. On average everything from Mankey to Growlithe is actually pretty close. Ponyta and Doduo are close to each other too.

Zubat, Caterpie, and Weedle are weirdly all super rare around here, but if I go north to my school (ASU's main campus) Zubat are EVERYWHERE.

Never seen a single Geodude, Growlithe or even Ponytha here, Hell Sandshrew and Mankey is also MIA.

I do get many Bellsphrout and Oddish lol.

are Growlihes uncommon for anyone/supposed to be uncommon? i'm surprised how incredibly common they are around here given how fucking strong Arcanine is

Yeah, I've seen like 3.

For me I have:

Everywhere:
Pidgey, Ratata, Zubat

Common:
Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow, Magikarp, Poliwag, Meowth, Psyduck, Goldeen, Doduo, Magnemite, Voltorb, Abra

Uncommon:
Paras, Venonat, Eevee, Horsea, Tentacool, Krabby, Staryu, Oddish, Koffing, Nidoran, Shellder

Everything else is varying degrees of rare. Finally got my first Slowpoke today, and still never seen a Pikachu or Machop.

Pachimari

My first Golbat just popped up in my living room! It's incredible how many 1st that has appeared at home. I probably spent 20 balls and a berry to catch it.

adamy

Banned
Yeah, I've seen like 3.

For me I have:

Everywhere:
Pidgey, Ratata, Zubat

Common:
Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow, Magikarp, Poliwag, Meowth, Psyduck, Goldeen, Doduo, Magnemite, Voltorb, Abra

Uncommon:
Paras, Venonat, Eevee, Horsea, Tentacool, Krabby, Staryu, Oddish, Koffing, Nidoran, Shellder

Everything else is varying degrees of rare. Still never seen a Pikachu or Machop.

eevees and growlithes are two of the most common pokemon here

it's actually pretty fucking annoying. feels like every fucking gym either has some eevee evolution or a arcanine in it.

i stopped using my 1700 cp vaporeon for this reason. he does seem to be incredibly OP. he has no issue wrecking 2k cp pokemon of various types

Never seen a single Geodude, Growlithe or even Ponytha here, Hell Sandshrew and Mankey is also MIA.

I do get many Bellsphrout and Oddish lol.

Well, I live in the Phoenix area, so it's possible, even likely those Pokémon are more common tin the southwest. Fire, rock, and ground make sense at least. Who the fuck knows about Mankey.

I've seen like one Bellsprout in battle, and a handful in my radar. Not sure if I've ever even seen Oddish on my radar.

Growlithe is pretty common here. I constantly have my Arcanine maxed with candy to spare, and most gyms have at LEAST one Arcanine.

Eevee's not overly uncommon here either. Pretty close to many of the ones in the lower half of the top 10 I posted.

Pachimari

I have noticed I'm catching some stronger Pokémon now. This morning I have caught a 329cp Raticate and a 335cp Golbat alone. I should have never powered up my bae Jynx though.

casiopao

Yeah, I've seen like 3.

For me I have:

Everywhere:
Pidgey, Ratata, Zubat

Common:

Uncommon:

Everything else is varying degrees of rare. Finally got my first Slowpoke today, and still never seen a Pikachu or Machop.

I have at least 80 Venonat candy here lol. Paras also around 70....... stop coming to me Bug Pokeeee.T_T

Pachimari

Just counted my Pokémon, and I have 47 different ones. Still a lot to go. I hope Niantic talks about the Legendary ones on Sunday.

The most common Pokémon here are Pidgeys and Drowzees.

correojon

I´m level 9 saving all my candy and stardust untill I reach level 20 or something. I have 203 Zubat candies and 113 Pidgey candy.

I´ve just seen Pidgey only takes 12 candy to evolve, would it be a good strategy to use a Lucky Egg and evolve a bunch of Pidgeys and Zubats for the exp boost?

Bishop89

level has nothing to do with the pokemon you encounter. my wife is just starting and we encounter the exact same pokemon. when i'm playing with friends of varying levels we also always see the exact same pokemon.

well the CP difference is significant, but yeah Alakazam doesn't seem too great. he's just a PITA to fully evolve in my experience. Abras tend to teleport/flee if you don't catch them after your first throw, and they aren't very common around here. i'm more so excited from a collectors point of view.

and also yeah, Snorlax is a beast
guess my area just sucks :'(

T.O.P

Banned
I´m level 9 saving all my candy and stardust untill I reach level 20 or something. I have 203 Zubat candies and 113 Pidgey candy.

I´ve just seen Pidgey only takes 12 candy to evolve, would it be a good strategy to use a Lucky Egg and evolve a bunch of Pidgeys and Zubats for the exp boost?

Yup, that's what everyone it's doing for exp boost :)

Rattata-Caterpie-Pidgeys are exp fodder for me

Zubats can go die in a fire tho

Pachimari

In the last two days I have noticed that whenever I quit the app and goes back in, it doesn't restart at the Niantic logo, but instead starts up right where I had left off.

I hard restart it anyway, just to be sure everything is updated.

Yes, and in order to get the most out of a Lucky Egg, you need to evolve around 60-70 Pokemon (as apparently that's how many you can evolve in 30 minutes due to the animations). So it's best to wait until you have enough Pokemon/candies to evolve that many. That's what I'm doing. It can take a while, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Ambitious

sorry if that was rude- sounded like someone had told you "hey if you just get on the bus you can hatch all your eggs!"

But yeah, it's just intended to stop you from getting on the highway and getting them done in like 8 minutes.

No worries. It's cool. You still playing Destiny?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Okay so I'm just keeping Pokémon with high CP and final form and transfer the rest (Duplicates/Low CP/First - second forms). is that a good strategy?

correojon

Yes, and in order to get the most out of a Lucky Egg, you need to evolve around 60-70 Pokemon (as apparently that's how many you can evolve in 30 minutes due to the animations). So it's best to wait until you have enough Pokemon/candies to evolve that many. That's what I'm doing.
60-70 Pokemons?? lol by the time I have that many candies I will already be high level :S

Yup, that's what everyone it's doing for exp boost :)

Rattata-Caterpie-Pidgeys are exp fodder for me

Zubats can go die in a fire tho
Why not Zubats? They are the most common critter here. By far.

Thanks guys.

pringles

Yes, and in order to get the most out of a Lucky Egg, you need to evolve around 60-70 Pokemon (as apparently that's how many you can evolve in 30 minutes due to the animations). So it's best to wait until you have enough Pokemon/candies to evolve that many. That's what I'm doing.
I tried a lucky egg yesterday for the first time. Hatched two eggs, evolved a pokemon and then the servers crapped out for like 15 minutes.. definitely stocking up on Pidgeys before I use another one.

T.O.P

Banned
Why not Zubats? They are the most common critter here. By far.

Thanks guys.

Zubat needs 50 candy compared to the 12 for Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie and 25 for Rattata

And they become real cunts to catch when you get to level 15+

It's just not worth it

Malo

Banned
Was at 59th and 5 Ave by the golden statue earlier today. It was by far the best farm area I've been to in NYC. There's about 5/6 pokestops all bunched together and lures were constantly up. Was there for over an hour, I caught over 50 plus Pokémon easily.

MurgenGW

Neo Member
Sounds like it's postponed to tomorrow for some reason.
Nope, it was all bullshit. The two articles from Tech Crunch.
Here's what the original article from Nikkei says :

早ければ21日(日本時間)にも発表される可能性がある

Which means "Possible announce tomorrow in the best case scenario".
There are actually no plans for a release in Japan right now, the only thing we can trust is what Hanke said last week : End of July.

HMD

Geodude, Growlithe and Sandshrew are all I ever get, I wish I could get those birds or bats you guys complain about.

Dreavus

I kinda feel like it's a bit lame you need so many of the same type to power up/evolve (with the candies). I was pretty excited to hatch a staryu but it's unlikely I can do anything with it until I find a whole bunch more. I guess with no regular battling they needed a way to trigger evolutions some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom