• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

PBz0r

Banned
So GAF, when you buy HG/SS... how do you transport Pokémon between it and D/P/Pt? I mean, you can of course trade but you need two DS'es and even then it takes ages to swap them all. How did you all do this with Platinum? You couldn't just leave all your prized 'mons in Diamond/Pearl, right? Or am I the only one who completely drops the previous game once the next comes out?

I used Pokémon Stadium to transport entire PC boxes in previous gens, and that's actually the single reason I'd be interested in owning Battle Revolution. :lol

Lol, reading the comments in this thread make me lol. I never knew anyone would be so excited for a Pokemon game.

I do admit they are fun though, and I had good times with Diamond.

But seriously, it's crazy here. :lol

rawk

-Yeti said:
Lol, reading the comments in this thread make me lol. I never knew anyone would be so excited for a Pokemon game.

I do admit they are fun though, and I had good times with Diamond.

But seriously, it's crazy here. :lol

It's pretty shocking that on a message board about video games there are a bunch of people excited about some of the best selling video games of all time, I guess?

I am pretty pumped for HG/SS, but I can wait until Spring since I have so much work still to do in red, sapphire, and pearl.

upandaway

PBz0r said:
So GAF, when you buy HG/SS... how do you transport Pokémon between it and D/P/Pt? I mean, you can of course trade but you need two DS'es and even then it takes ages to swap them all. How did you all do this with Platinum? You couldn't just leave all your prized 'mons in Diamond/Pearl, right? Or am I the only one who completely drops the previous game once the next comes out?

I used Pokémon Stadium to transport entire PC boxes in previous gens, and that's actually the single reason I'd be interested in owning Battle Revolution. :lol
Battle Revolution has a PC box?

Whatever, if all you want is a way to transfer between two games, you can just download My Pokemon Ranch on WiiWare.

xSL4INx

upandaway said:

Whatever, if all you want is a way to transfer between two games, you can just download My Pokemon Ranch on WiiWare.

Not really, Pokemon being withdrawn can only be picked up by the same cart that dropped them off. You can't deposit with one cart and pick up with another.

TreIII

Ahhh...SOOOO GOOOD. GameFreak really outdid themselves, with all this content.

Now to just wait for my copy to arrive...hurry UPS! ^_^

PBz0r

Banned
upandaway said:

I wouldn't know, but I assumed so. Then again, PBR is known for dropping most of the features that made the Stadium games cool/useful.

And oh, so the Pokémon Ranch thing does that. If I have some Wii Points left I might consider that. Thanks for the heads up.

upandaway

xSL4INx said:
Not really, Pokemon being withdrawn can only be picked up by the same cart that dropped them off. You can't deposit with one cart and pick up with another.
What?! That's stupid!

How could you transfer them then?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
upandaway said:
What?! That's stupid!

How could you transfer them then?
You don't.

As far as I know, there's no way of transferring between 4th gen games other than the slow 6 at a time method.

Transferring everything of value from Pearl to Platinum took a while.

OMG Aero

Both Battle Revolution AND Ranch cannot be used to trade Pokemon between game cards. When you put a Pokemon into Pokemon Ranch it can only be taken out into the game it came from.
On top of that, outside Japan, Pokemon Ranch never got an update to make it work with Platinum, it only works with Diamond and Pearl.

So basically there is currently no way to transfer Pokemon between games other than trading them one by one.

rawk said:
It's pretty shocking that on a message board about video games there are a bunch of people excited about some of the best selling video games of all time, I guess?

I am pretty pumped for HG/SS, but I can wait until Spring since I have so much work still to do in red, sapphire, and pearl.

Well, I'm not used to it I guess. It's funny reading comments about how people are excited for a little feature and the music. I guess I'll never understand. :lol

rawk

-Yeti said:
Well, I'm not used to it I guess. It's funny reading comments about how people are excited for a little feature and the music. I guess I'll never understand. :lol

Well, in a pokemon game you spend a LOT of time with the various features and music, so little things have a big impact.

vhfive

-Yeti said:
same i mean i am excited for this game and will get it day one in america but when people start talking about EVs and IVs and the different music
i dont think my gameboy or ds ever had its sound off of mute lol
it goes over my head. but it is an intresting side to pokemon that if it weren't for gaf i would have never known.

EzLink

Banned
Hmm, I know this technically wouldn't be the right thread for it, but I tried googling it and couldn't find it and I didn't feel like bumping the Ruby/Sapphire thread

Anyway, I'm planning on restarting my Sapphire version soon, and I was wondering, will I still be able to transfer over Jirachi from my Pokemon Collosseum bonus disc? I read that it only works once per game cart, but I didn't know if it reset if you delete the game. Although I have a bad feeling it won't work, because if it did there would be nothing to stop people from just restarting the game tons of times and getting as many Jirachi as they want

zumphry

Banned
EzLink said:
Hmm, I know this technically wouldn't be the right thread for it, but I tried googling it and couldn't find it and I didn't feel like bumping the Ruby/Sapphire thread

Anyway, I'm planning on restarting my Sapphire version soon, and I was wondering, will I still be able to transfer over Jirachi from my Pokemon Collosseum bonus disc? I read that it only works once per game cart, but I didn't know if it reset if you delete the game. Although I have a bad feeling it won't work, because if it did there would be nothing to stop people from just restarting the game tons of times and getting as many Jirachi as they want

From Bulbapedia:

The process of getting Jirachi can be repeated as long as the game that is receiving Jirachi has not already used this disc. This means that the same person can get multiple Jirachi by using the disc for several different games.

It seems like you will have to use a different cartridge. Though, it doesn't say anything about restarting the game, but to be safe it seems like you'll need a new cart. Sorry :(

So I don't freeze myself until North America's release of HG/SS, I'm going to first buy Platinum(and beat it), and at the same time replay Emerald(but transfer my current game's Pokemon to Diamond, same with Ruby, unless I keep them on Ruby so I can complete the Emerald Dex..). That should hold me over until 2010, hopefully.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm finishing up my Emerald file and catching legendaries right now. It sucks that Syncrhonize doesn't work on 3rd gen legendaries, so I'm glad that most of the RSE legendaries will be available in HGSS. I don't have to worry about catching good ones in Emerald for the most part.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wilsongt said:
Game of the Year 2010. Calling. Pokemon is still kickin', bitches.

Just judging by what we've seen so far, I think I might call SMT:SJ my goty for 2010. Whats worse is they'll probably both be coming out near the exact same time.

FSLink said:
New key item:
GB Player. Allows you to change the in-game music back to the original GB tracks. :D

Video of it in action:

They really went all the way in appealing to us nostalgics. :D

FUCK YEAH

Lkr

I have mixed feelings about this game right now. On one hand I'm glad they did it, on the other hand, I miss the old game :(

-Yeti said:
I don't understand why you're here.

-Yeti said:
I'm interested in these games, so that could be a huge factor.
Well, I'm not used to it I guess. It's funny reading comments about how people are interested for no reason at all. I guess I'll never understand.

OMG Aero

As awesome as the old music being in the game is, it's a bit of a dick move by Gamefreak to give you it at the end of the game instead of letting you hear the old music from earlier in the game if you want to.

OMG Aero said:
As awesome as the old music being in the game is, it's a bit of a dick move by Gamefreak to give you it at the end of the game instead of letting you hear the old music from earlier in the game if you want to.
Hey, it all started in a town called Pallet.

TacticalFox88 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFrrtViYPKs&feature=related

Hero Vs Lance Final Battle In English. I shit you not. Albeit to a remixed version of the battle music when uploaded it's no doubt HG, SS.

Huh? I don't understand...?

That game is Pokemon Shiny Gold (a ROM hack of Pokemon Fire Red that was started a long time ago with the goal of remaking Gold/Silver) with a fan remix of Champion Lance's battle theme.

Was there something about the battle you wanted to show? Maybe I didn't read what you wrote right...

Question.
Dunno if I can ask for it, but anyone have the master code(action replay) of SS/HG?
Or better, anyone knows how can I obtain it :S? Tutorial or something....

cvxfreak

I am so glad that we can trade with any game off the bat with the remakes. I just sent Cyndaquil and Chikorita eggs from my Diamond over to my Soul Silver. :D

zumphry

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I am so glad that we can trade with any game off the bat with the remakes. I just sent Cyndaquil and Chikorita eggs from my Diamond over to my Soul Silver. :D

How? Through Wi-Fi trading from one game to another, or is there a Pal Park type way of trading?

cvxfreak

ZayneH said:
How? Through Wi-Fi trading from one game to another, or is there a Pal Park type way of trading?

Just simple local WiFi trading from any of the DS games (from any region?) to HGSS.

I'm still early in the game, but apparently Pal Park is a lot later in the game.

celebi23

cvxfreak said:
Just simple local WiFi trading from any of the DS games (from any region?) to HGSS.

I'm still early in the game, but apparently Pal Park is a lot later in the game.
I only tried transfers from Platinum. Given myself an Elekkid, Alakazam and Aerodactyl to boost my Team (which is basically only Totodile). Waiting to get Eevee to evolve to Umbreon (for tank) and then I'm good. XD

No good pokemon within sight (NO to Mareep, Zubat, Ekans, Bellsprout, Geodude, Sentret, Hoothoot, Pidgey and Rattata). =/

swerve

Picked mine up at lunchtime. Constant stream of customers picking it up (pre-order only - totally sold out otherwise and pre-orders stopped in this store a few weeks back).

Somehow it feels more polished than even Platinum. First impressions after an hour's play are that the experience seems oddly more like a home console game. The addition of simple touches like no loading to get to the upstairs in the pokemon center, the upstairs section of the professor's place, the sounds of the sea, the way the old man runs around... it's all levelled up in polish.

And no need to hold run down? Awesome.

Top Bottom