• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wanace

Wait, Garchomp is uber? No wonder I was owning people with my Jolly SubSalac Garchomp back when Pearl/Diamond came out. Guess I need to train a replacement. :(

cvxfreak

If you work on your Weepinbell's speed stat and bring a few Revives, you'll do just fine. Use attacks that constantly suck the life out of the opponents.

joelseph

Sixfortyfive said:
Competence isn't exactly required. I don't have nearly as much experience as my posts suggest and will be using a total gimmick team anyway.

Copying smogon team builds is kinda lame though yeah?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sixfortyfive said:
PBR was great.... but only IF you had a copy of DPPt AND only cared about competitive battling AND really loved the Battle Frontier and wanted more of the same AND the idea of fighting nothing but overpowered legendaries in random wi-fi sounded like fun.

I actually still really enjoyed it.

Oh, I like the Battle Frontier. But I wanted clothes NOW, not locked behind 50 wins and the like. I already beat the story, why do I need to go back and rebeat the trainers just for some new clothes to spiff myself up for random wifi battles?

xSL4INx

Soft resetting catching Lugia with proper nature and good IV's for competitive battling, using the masterball to make it a painless process. I had forgotten that Lugia was at Lv. 45 when you encounter it, so I'm kinda under leveled. Heading off to the Elite 4 after this.

Donphan Lv. 34
Umbreon Lv. 34
Typhlosion Lv. 36
Gyarados Lv. 39
Jirachi Lv. 37

Magni

xSL4INx said:
Soft resetting catching Lugia with proper nature and good IV's for competitive battling, using the masterball to make it a painless process. I had forgotten that Lugia was at Lv. 45 when you encounter it, so I'm kinda under leveled. Heading off to the Elite 4 after this.

Donphan Lv. 34
Umbreon Lv. 34
Typhlosion Lv. 36
Gyarados Lv. 39
Jirachi Lv. 37

It was at Lvl 40 in the original.

Yay for my Modest 27/4/29/31/31/31 Seel :D The one time I forget to save after picking up the egg.. The IVs are set once I pick it up, not before, right? FML.

edit:
Yup, they are.
vadernooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.jpg

yesss! my english soulsilver should be here this afternoon...

but unfortunately, my dslite hinge cracked on me last night...bleh. still works and everything, but it's a pain.

i can't wait to kick some ass at pokemon! lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
jrricky said:
Trying to get back into EV training again. I should only start EV training at what level though, I cant remember?
Doesn't matter, the end result will be the same.

ismaboof said:
Is the battle speed in SS/HG still as slow as D/P's?
It's about the same as Platinum, which was faster than DP.

Echoes

Sorry Axis, not sure what's wrong with my connection. I may get a USB dongle for the DS tomorrow.

Damn, I wanted to train Larvitar while at work. Oh well.

BTW, my current team are all about 45-48. Is that good for the league? I'm 40 hours in and haven't even seen the Victory Road yet. It's my first time playing it like this.

Dont suppose I could get a hand making my slowpoke into slowking and such abit later (like 9pm uk time later)?
Pretty annoying alot of the pokes I want to level I cant get for a while like weavile (well its previous evo), tyranitor, and a few others.

Also knowing about natures spoils it as I have the onix you get traded and his nature is - def, his best stat which I normally wouldnt give a damn about but now I wonder whats the point in making him a steelix :lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
A Dutch site is reporting an Intertoys employee is stating the game has been postponed in Europe for an undefinite period of time because of some huge bug. Is there any truth to this? Sounds bullshit to me, but you never know.

Butane123

Echoes said:
BTW, my current team are all about 45-48. Is that good for the league? I'm 40 hours in and haven't even seen the Victory Road yet. It's my first time playing it like this.
Should be. I really didn't have much trouble and my team was around 40-43.

CoolS

Gravijah said:
Road? What do you mean?

he probably means the Victory Road:

Echoes said:

Gravijah said:
Road? What do you mean?

duh. THE road. Victory Road! :lol

Anyways, if memory serves, you need Surf and Waterfall to get there and then Strength and Rock Smash...but you might only need one of those if you want items.

Gravijah

drtomoe123 said:
duh. THE road. Victory Road! :lol

Anyways, if memory serves, you need Surf and Waterfall to get there and then Strength and Rock Smash...but you might only need one of those if you want items.

Ahhh, you only need Rock Smash for items IIRC. Just need Strength, Waterfall, Surf to get through.

Echoes

Great, thanks.

I have two male Togekiss. One is Sassy (Serene Grace) and the other is Timid (Hustle). What's a good way to breed a Togepi? I want a Serene Grace one with a good nature.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My girlfriend is pretty disappointed that she will now have to play through Pearl in order to get her Glaceon. Those DPPt location-evolutions kinda suck. :\

Oh, and Whitney's Miltank? Unbelievable.

Lyphen said:
My girlfriend is pretty disappointed that she will now have to play through Pearl in order to get her Glaceon. Those DPPt location-evolutions kinda suck. :\

Or she/you could just arrange a trade with someone here. Anyone with diamond/pearl/platinum can just take Eevee off your hands quickly, do the upgrade and give it back.

CoolS

JennyTablina said:
So apparently English EU copies of HeartGold have a gamebreaking glitch in them that stops you ever getting to the main menu

http://www.insidegamer.nl/nintendod...-Pokmon-HeartGold-uitgesteld-vanwege-bug.html (article is in dutch)

Can any EU PokeGaf's confirm this is happening to their HeartGold copies or not?

If this is true I am going to go insane :( Apparently, they might even backorder the game and not relese it at all on Friday :(

But I don't think anyone has a copy yet in Europe.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone up for some trading? I dont need any one thing in particular, but there are tons of things I would like. I have some stuff to offer, but not as much as some of the 493/493ers in here.

kaskade

I'm getting really into this game again. I've been trying to get my Magikarp leveled up to evolve into a Gyarados. That's made my other Pokemon leveling suffer. I decided to give up on that until I get the Exp Share wherever that is.

jdogmoney

FootNinja said:
Anyone up for some trading? I dont need any one thing in particular, but there are tons of things I would like. I have some stuff to offer, but not as much as some of the 493/493ers in here.

It's posts like this that make me think we could use a Pokemon trading thread. Last I checked, there was a battle thread, but nothing specifically for trading...shame I'm a lowly junior.

jdogmoney said:
It's posts like this that make me think we could use a Pokemon trading thread. Last I checked, there was a battle thread, but nothing specifically for trading...shame I'm a lowly junior.

It's not polluting the thread heavily, so may as well leave it here unless the mods want the thread seperated...

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Crazymoogle said:
It's not polluting the thread heavily, so may as well leave it here unless the mods want the thread seperated...
Could be useful for people who want to find something, but I'm not sure about how many people are looking to trade. I'll give it a shot anyway.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pokemon Trading really comes and goes with the releases. A trading thread might die in a few weeks, only to be resurrected with Generation 5's release, or specific events. It's not a horrible idea though.

OP of said thread should maintain a list of Friend Codes and links to people's 'trading post', and any black listed people. People should also keep one post to list their available Pokemon in most cases, and up date it, rather than spamming the thread.

Request could be made, but requesting specifics from people that have posted a 'trading list' via PM would clean up a thread of that nature a lot.

Blah blah blah.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If we split all the community and player interaction stuff off from the OT, what will we be talking about in 2 weeks?

Gravijah

I'm not really for or against a separate trading thread, though a lot of the flavor of this thread comes from trades. It'd be cool to have one up for requests and stuff though, but should we discourage trading in this thread?

joelseph

EvilMario said:
Pokemon Trading really comes and goes with the releases. A trading thread might die in a few weeks, only to be resurrected with Generation 5's release, or specific events. It's not a horrible idea though.

OP of said thread should maintain a list of Friend Codes and links to people's 'trading post', and any black listed people. People should also keep one post to list their available Pokemon in most cases, and up date it, rather than spamming the thread.

Request could be made, but requesting specifics from people that have posted a 'trading list' via PM would clean up a thread of that nature a lot.

Blah blah blah.

There was that offsite list of FC from last generation, I might have it bookmarked at home.

Unicorn

20 more levels for espeon and I should be getting those morning sun/sunny day growlithes pumped out.

Gonna grind as much as possible today.

Top Bottom