• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Poyunch

FootNinja said:
legendaries aren't banned, "ubers" are. T-tar is not uber/banned from regular battles, garchomp is. There are a bunch of legendaries that are allowed in regular competitive play, and using t-tar would not be cheap.

Keep in mind you guys aren't breeding moves onto these pokemon, or ev training or anything, so they wont be anywhere near as good as you've heard they are.
Really? I thought (most) Legendaries were banned. Oh and I used to give my friends a bunch of slack for using Legendaries when in reality I was worse using my Garchomps.

And I was referring more to the fact that Tyranitar and Garchomp were originally both pseudo-legendaries until Garchomp was moved up to uber.

FUCK! I reset my damn DS to transfer over my Pokéwalker stuff and I didn't save. FUCK. Now I gotta do that bitch-ass Faulker again. There needs to be a way to transfer stuff in game and not in the menu. Fuck that.

Poyunch

Jet Grind Radio! said:
FUCK! I reset my damn DS to transfer over my Pokéwalker stuff and I didn't save. FUCK. Now I gotta do that bitch-ass Faulker again. There needs to be a way to transfer stuff in game and not in the menu. Fuck that.
Haha I did something similar for Togepi and Professor Elm.

thefil

Does anyone have a Clefairy they'd be willing to trade for a Jigglypuff? Just trying to complete my cuteness quota here.

*edit* How do the Swarms work? I keep watching Pokemon Channel with Oak and Mary, but they just list regular Pokemon locations.

Ondore

thefil said:
*edit* How do the Swarms work? I keep watching Pokemon Channel with Oak and Mary, but they just list regular Pokemon locations.

Swarms are post-E4, IIRC.

14 badges now, and my Butterfree hates all of the Pressure-packing legendaries who drain his precious Sleep Powder PP.

Shiggie

Having random items in the breakable rock is like crack:D . I keep exiting and entering an area to have the rock reappear and get more stuff.

Axis

Can anyone help me move my arcanine over from diamond? or does anyone have an extremespeed/fireblast or flamethrow growlithe egg?

kzn

Neo Member
Butane123 said:
When using the EXP. Share, does the Pokemon holding it get EVs transferred to it as well?

Not transferred, no. If a pokemon receives XP for the fight, it receives EVs.

The only thing that doesn't quite work (iirc) is that if you have pokerus or power items on one of them it doesn't count for all of them.

Kyzer

Banned
Kyzer said:
Does the ultimate move tutor in Blackthorn only teach one of the moves once, or if I go back there later with a Charizard or something can I teach them too?

bump.

And does anyone have any heart scales they don't need? could use some

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
darthbob said:
How about Dusk Balls?

Only at night, doesn't work for Ho-Oh (unless the Tower counts as a cave?), maybe works for Lugia at all times, but probably safer to be sure it's night.

Only have the last gym to do, but I gotta get there first. Fuuuuuck. I really don't mind Johto, except it's so SLOW and I want my 2.5D Kanto so I can live there forever. :( (Is the GTS even in Kanto?)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Axis said:
Can anyone help me move my arcanine over from diamond? or does anyone have an extremespeed/fireblast or flamethrow growlithe egg?
I would love to help you move some pokes over from your other game, as I need the same thing.

Soul Silver Friend code: 0689 7478 1629

Platinum Friend Code: 5241 9914 5387

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, yeah, I forget: Can you use the VS recorder outside of online wifi battles and the Battle Frontier? I don't know, I know it was in Platinum but I never used it much and Gold/Silver remake doesn't really explain it. Lyra just goes "Here you go!" and throws it at you. :lol

cvxfreak

I just ordered HeartGold on Amazon. I want Kyogre and Rayquaza enough, so I bought that one too. I always liked the Hoenn legendary trio the best. No other group seems to match their epicness. :lol

I want RSE remakes a few years down the road.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Echoes said:
A friend is offering me a Shiny Zubat. Is there anyway to know if its legit or not?
There are ways to check, if they did a suspect job. You can check the IV's and if they are a bit too perfect that can be a tell. You can check the place they met. You can see if the nature is jolly or one of the competitive battling natures. These are ways to get a general idea, if it is real or not, but I don't know of a completely accurate way.

Echoes said:
A friend is offering me a Shiny Zubat. Is there anyway to know if its legit or not?
Check its IVs. If it has perfect IVs and is shiny or has a weird location (met on a route where you cannot have logically met a Zubat, for instance), then it has probably been sharked. If the location matches up, but it has perfect IVs, he could got it in-game but through meticulous RNG abuse.

Casually slip the term "Random Number Generator" into the conversation and see if he responds. If he doesn't look at you as if you're weird and it has perfect IVs, it's been sharked.

But yeah, if its IVs aren't perfect, he probably caught it legitimately, but doesn't want a Crobat on his team.

Firestorm

I put my DS to sleep when getting off the bus. Just opened it now and it was dark in the game. Then I ran into a Hoothoot. I nostalgia'd pretty hard right there :3

Just started the game today. Will transfer over a bunch of Charmander eggs over soon probably.

Kyzer

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I just ordered HeartGold on Amazon. I want Kyogre and Rayquaza enough, so I bought that one too. I always liked the Hoenn legendary trio the best. No other group seems to match their epicness. :lol

To be fair, I'd say the Regis are more comparable to The Birds and Beasts than those guys. They're just like Ho-oh and Lugia, plus one.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Firestorm said:
I put my DS to sleep when getting off the bus. Just opened it now and it was dark in the game. Then I ran into a Hoothoot. I nostalgia'd pretty hard right there :3

Just started the game today. Will transfer over a bunch of Charmander eggs over soon probably.
You going full force into this game, or just playing the single player for fun? Was cool in d/p when we had tournies and things.

xSL4INx

cvxfreak said:

I don't.

Quite possibly the worst Pokemon RPG's on the face of the planet. So bad, they almost completely quit playing the Pokemon games.

Firestorm

FootNinja said:
You going full force into this game, or just playing the single player for fun? Was cool in d/p when we had tournies and things.
Just for fun. Don't really wanna spend 200 hours again. Everyone seems to be super into the Pokewalker at school though so I want to get a Charmander in there so I can do whatever the hell they're doing with it!

It's like I'm in elementary school :lol

So, I figured out I just need to power the Kanto Power Plant Back up, did it, and well
got the radio card from lavender, and thus proceeded to waking up the sleeping snorlax in front of diglett's cave, catching it, and then making my way through the cave and to the rest of the Kanto cities.

I like Pewter City alot.
Really chill place at this time in the evening, and everything seems so quiet.
The townspeople seem really laid back too.
Love the theme as well. :D

Poyunch

Galactic Quail said:
you're funny. :lol
While I feel he was exaggerating the games were the least enjoyable for me. It might be due to the fact that I bought them in the fourth gen and I was just forcing my way through in order to get Pokemon.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Whitney's MILTANK used MILK DRINK

#($&%!

jdogmoney

Kimono girls
can go die in a fire. I just stopped in, HAY GUYS WHAT'S GOIN' ON wat wait why am i battling OH CRAP LET ME HEAL FIRST DAMMIT ALL.

I feel so silly asking this now that i have 7 badges, but where the hell can i grow berries? I can buy mulch but i dont remember seeing a single dirt patch or berry bush in the entire game.

Cynar

Gamer @ Heart said:
I feel so silly asking this now that i have 7 badges, but where the hell can i grow berries? I can buy mulch but i dont remember seeing a single dirt patch or berry bush in the entire game.

Key items, open the berry pots. You can grow the berries in the pots item and check on them wherever you go. It's such a great change.

Cynar said:
Key items, open the berry pots. You can grow the berries in the pots item and check on them wherever you go. It's such a great change.

Thank you so much. I multitask while playing and must have completely missed this.

Unicorn

First batch of growlithes are set with morning sun/ sunny day, but currently training one so it'll start a new batch with those two moves and flare blitz.

Perhaps some will want to wait? I guess start PMing me if you want one. The flare blitz ones might be ready by tomorrow night.

Also, I'm looking for a lucky egg (to help with leveling growlithe to get f. Blitz). Currently can't find a chansey with one... anyone feeling generous?

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Yup once you beat the Elite 4 Battle frontier opens up. Prepare for frustration! :D

where is it atttttttt? i never played g/s/c before so i have no idea what i'm doing half the time

Top Bottom