• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Schmitty

So...where do I go after Mahogany Town? I caught Red Gyrados and beat the gym leader, but that old man still wants to sell me RageCandyBars.

Metroid Killer said:
Yup, I don't know why they switched it around. Though it doesn't really matter is it's so easy to trade.
Well, in the original games (before they came to the US, 1999 ish?) Teddiursa was Silver, Phanpy was Gold. They switched it around so that their colors would match the games.

Schmitty said:
Ok, thanks. Did I just miss dialogue in the Rocket base or something?
I think you get a phone call when you exit the gyn from Prof. Elm, talking about listening to the radio for a 'strange broadcast'.

My OCD is already starting to fuck up my enjoyment of this game. I feel obliged to level all, and I mean ALL, of my Pokémon to the same level. Even ones I probably won't use. D:

I need to work on good team.

Salaadin

Jet Grind Radio! said:
My OCD is already starting to fuck up my enjoyment of this game. I feel obliged to level all, and I mean ALL, of my Pokémon to the same level. Even ones I probably won't use. D:

I need to work on good team.

Yikes. I get a little weird when one of my main 6 has a lower level but ALL of them? Good luck with that :lol

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Johnlenham said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu :lol
How am I supposed to get an Adamant one now ; ;

Well caught a Phanpy so not a total waste of time :)
I could either give you an adamant teddy or lend you my adamant ditto/teddy so that you could make your own.

Still running around on route 45 looking for one though, so idk how long it might take before I find one.

edit- got one!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
CruxisMana said:
GAME just dispatched my order.

:D
Me too bruh! I ordered one of each for myself and an old friend who's popping round for the weekend. Gonna be a good old nostalgic time, I tell thee!

He sent me a text saying 'sup Bob Catch-em. Hitting your Pokegym on Friday, so you better be ready for a fucking adventure!

Never been this pumped for something that is so way below my ESRB rating :lol

Oh, FUCK, I just beat Youngster Joey, and he's asking for my number. I've seen a lot of people here saying that he calls you up all the time just to babble on about his shitty Rattata. Should I say no?

Ben2749 said:
Oh, FUCK, I just beat Youngster Joey, and he's asking for my number. I've seen a lot of people here saying that he calls you up all the time just to babble on about his shitty Rattata. Should I say no?

No. Don't do it.

How do I delete a number?

Pappasman

Ben2749 said:

Joey's Rattata is the reason why I dont pick up the phone anymore.

Stencil

Jasmine's gym was... Interesting.

Why can't I delete numbers? Holy hell I hate the cell phone mechanism.

Where do I get a fishing lod?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Are Stantlers good at all? I'm trying to use some Pokemon that I never really used before on this playthrough and those fit the bill. I see that they can get bite as an egg move so I'm thinking of finding a way to get that onto one through my Growlithe.

Johann

EzLink said:
Can you evolve Feebas in this game? I haven't noticed any beauty stats for pokemon so...

Yes, it's possible to evolve Feebas into Milotic. In fact, it's much easier than in past games. You just need to
go to Daisy, Gary's sister, and ask her to give your Pokemon a massage. This raises the Pokemon's happiness and beauty stat, which is a tracked but invisible stat in the game.
No need to mess with poffins and natures. To be completely honest, I just transferred my Milotic over and didn't try it myself due to the time restriction.

upandaway

Monroeski said:
Are Stantlers good at all? I'm trying to use some Pokemon that I never really used before on this playthrough and those fit the bill. I see that they can get bite as an egg move so I'm thinking of finding a way to get that onto one through my Growlithe.
Stantlers can have a Frisk/Thief combo I think, which is good for getting rare wild items. Other than that, I got nothin'.

EzLink

Banned
Pappasman said:
Joey's Rattata is the reason why I dont pick up the phone anymore.

Haha, instead of getting annoyed I just like to lawl at it

And that is awesome about milotic, sounds much less painless than previous iterations

Wichu

While waiting for HG/SS in the UK, I'm currently resetting a Shaymin so I can make room for the Pikachu-coloured Pichu event (I want a spiky-eared one, despite them being useless). I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so this might take a while (going for Modest, flawless HP Fire).

Fake edit: Right when I was about to post this, I got the perfect one. Modest 31/22/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70 :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there anyway to check to see if someone used a cheating device to obtain or modify their pokemon?

Sagitario

Wichu said:
While waiting for HG/SS in the UK, I'm currently resetting a Shaymin so I can make room for the Pikachu-coloured Pichu event (I want a spiky-eared one, despite them being useless). I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so this might take a while (going for Modest, flawless HP Fire).

Fake edit: Right when I was about to post this, I got the perfect one. Modest 31/22/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70 :D

How do you check that?

Wichu

Trojita said:
Is there anyway to check to see if someone used a cheating device to obtain or modify their pokemon?
If they've done it well, then no. However, certain hacks are detectable. The most obvious is the catch location / caught ball; for example, Palkia can only be from Sinjoh Ruins or Spear Pillar, and a Dragon Dance Tyranitar must be in a Poké Ball (as it can only be bred). Other cheats, such as illegal EVs, can be detected either by coying it to PBR (it turns into a Bad Egg), or recording a Battle Video and attempting to upload it (it will say there's a problem with your Pokémon).
If you have a method of getting your save file onto a computer, you can extract the Pokémon data and run it through a program which can detect cheats such as the shiny cheat (or careless modification of IVs).

EDIT: What do you mean by 'how do you check that'? How to check IVs?

Trojita said:

I don't know how Toys 'R' Us checks for hacked Pokemon, I assume if you check where the person got the Pokemon and at what level and all that info, you could find out..

Sagitario

Wichu said:
If they've done it well, then no. However, certain hacks are detectable. The most obvious is the catch location / caught ball; for example, Palkia can only be from Sinjoh Ruins or Spear Pillar, and a Dragon Dance Tyranitar must be in a Poké Ball (as it can only be bred). Other cheats, such as illegal EVs, can be detected either by coying it to PBR (it turns into a Bad Egg), or recording a Battle Video and attempting to upload it (it will say there's a problem with your Pokémon).
If you have a method of getting your save file onto a computer, you can extract the Pokémon data and run it through a program which can detect cheats such as the shiny cheat (or careless modification of IVs).

WOW!

Wichu said:
EDIT: What do you mean by 'how do you check that'? How to check IVs?

Yes...

FootNinja said:
I could either give you an adamant teddy or lend you my adamant ditto/teddy so that you could make your own.

Still running around on route 45 looking for one though, so idk how long it might take before I find one.

edit- got one!

Oh nice! :) Im in no rush as to get onto wifi trade I need to change the security to wep which pisses people off in the house!

Not got much to offer but I could try and get another phanpy if you need that?

Managed to beat Clair with a 33 Gyrados and 35 Fannfy and alot of sacrifice pokes to use potions:lol

Salaadin

EzLink said:
Haha, instead of getting annoyed I just like to lawl at it

And that is awesome about milotic, sounds much less painless than previous iterations

The phone is great. Seconds after the director thanked me for saving the radio tower and disbanding team rocket, I got a call from Sailor Huey challenging me to a rematch and saying "I promise it wont be like last time".

I LOLed. Bitch, I just single handedly destroyed Team Rocket using a bird wearing a hat. It will be exactly like last time!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Johnlenham Send me a pm when you are in the mood to wep it up, in return I would love it if you could just help me transfer 6 pokes from my platinum file.

Looking for someone to help me transfer three or four Pokémon from Pearl to Heart Gold. I've got a nice Piplup, Starly & the Spikey-Eared Pichu that I want to transfer over, mainly so I can have the Piplup and Starly for my run through of the main game.

Pearl Friend Code: 4598 1737 7107

Heart Gold Friend Code: 5242 4242 3707

Nayishiki

Blue_Gecko said:
Looking for someone to help me transfer three or four Pokémon from Pearl to Heart Gold. I've got a nice Piplup, Starly & the Spikey-Eared Pichu that I want to transfer over, mainly so I can have the Piplup and Starly for my run through of the main game.

Pearl Friend Code: 4598 1737 7107

Heart Gold Friend Code: 5242 4242 3707

I can help you my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wait you can get a pokemon on the pokewalker without a pokemon in the game to catch one???????

I was walking with my pokewalker without a pokemon since my DS Lite is broken. A ! randomly appeared on the screen and when I hit a button it said "Sentret appeared and wants to join you".

Awesome :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Trojita said:
Wait you can get a pokemon on the pokewalker without a pokemon in the game to catch one???????

I was walking with my pokewalker without a pokemon since my DS Lite is broken. A ! randomly appeared on the screen and when I hit a button it said "Sentret appeared and wants to join you".

Awesome :D
That actually annoys the crap out of me. On multiple occasions I have taken a Pokemon out then gone through the setup to move a new one in, and when I pick it up to make the transfer I get the message that some random Pokemon joined me. I have to back all the way out on my DS, choose to end a stroll again, then go through it selecting my pokemon/route/etc a second time.

Maximus.

just ordered the heart gold, couldnt resist anymore :lol A few of my friends picked up the game, which surprised me so I had to get it to relive old memories :p

Salaadin said:
Yikes. I get a little weird when one of my main 6 has a lower level but ALL of them? Good luck with that :lol
Yea, I know. I gotta work on a team that has a good overall coverage, but it's hard so far. Plus I don't know where to grind right now. Everything is a bit too low for me.

Also, does anyone know if connecting another router to a pre-existing router will work? My router has WPA, which I don't want to change, and the stupid DS only does WEP. I want my Pichu. >=[

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yea, I know. I gotta work on a team that has a good overall coverage, but it's hard so far. Plus I don't know where to grind right now. Everything is a bit too low for me.

Also, does anyone know if connecting another router to a pre-existing router will work? My router has WPA, which I don't want to change, and the stupid DS only does WEP. I want my Pichu. >=[

Bridging is unfortunately not that user friendly...maybe it could work, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with it. Temporarily changing your router to WEP is a lot easier, believe it or not. (Somebody mentioned that certain new"ish" laptops with Intel chipsets can turn your wired laptop into a broadcast point too, which would work.)

You don't even need WEP though - you could just turn off encryption altogether for a short time, or use mac filtering. I mean, security is low (MAC filtering) or nonexistent, but if you're only in that mode for an hour you're probably not going to have your connection hit by freeloaders.

Crazymoogle said:
Bridging is unfortunately not that user friendly...maybe it could work, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with it. Temporarily changing your router to WEP is a lot easier, believe it or not. (Somebody mentioned that certain new"ish" laptops with Intel chipsets can turn your wired laptop into a broadcast point too, which would work.)

You don't even need WEP though - you could just turn off encryption altogether for a short time, or use mac filtering. I mean, security is low (MAC filtering) or nonexistent, but if you're only in that mode for an hour you're probably not going to have your connection hit by freeloaders.
D: Ok. I guess I'll have to do it that way. Thanks.

Top Bottom