• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ooh so the GTS evolution bug/glitch thing is still here. I managed to evolve my Haunter without trading him.lol

For those who doesn't know yet You can use the GTS to trade-evolve your pokemon like Haunter, Seadra etc.

Here's how:

• Deposit your Pokemon that you want to evolve, in my case a Haunter.
  • Ask for some silly Exchange so nobody will dare to touch your Uploaded Pokemon(I asked for a Level 100 Magicarp while praying that nobody in this world has a level 100 magicarp who likes a lvl 25 Haunter in return)
  • Look for some trades that you can easily complete.
  • Complete that trade.
  • Withdraw the pokemon you want to evolve.
  • For some odd reason, Your pokemon will evolve as if he was part of your previous trade.

Echoes

!@#@!@#$%$

I've been trying to get a Careful\Thick Fat Snorlax for like half an hour. I finally caught a Careful one, but it has Immunity. Is it good? Should I get back to hunt for my perfect Nature\Ability or is this decent?

timnich

NinjaBoyLao said:
ooh so the GTS evolution bug/glitch thing is still here. I managed to evolve my Haunter without trading him.lol

For those who doesn't know yet You can use the GTS to trade-evolve your pokemon like Haunter, Seadra etc.

Here's how:

• Deposit your Pokemon that you want to evolve, in my case a Haunter.
  • Ask for some silly Exchange so nobody will dare to touch your Uploaded Pokemon(I asked for a Level 100 Magicarp while praying that nobody in this world has a level 100 magicarp who likes a lvl 25 Haunter in return)
  • Look for some trades that you can easily complete.
  • Complete that trade.
  • Withdraw the pokemon you want to evolve.
  • For some odd reason, Your pokemon will evolve as if he was part of your previous trade.
It's better to ask for something that isn't possible, like a level 9 suicuine or something. That removes the possibility of losing your pokemon to a completely stupid request.

Ok. So I finally got an idea where I want my team to be headed instead of trying to level every Pokémon I have up.

Also, I said this before, but I'll say it again. I love the Pokéwalker. I got a Magby to add Fire to my team without much fuss. I also got a Poliwag I need to move over to my DS. :lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hex said:
People on the GTS are freaking idiots for the most part.
Sure, I will gladly give you a Celebi for a lvl 3 Ratata.
Are these people serious?

They always did this on Diamond. I got all of the starters this way with ridiculous moves. Either they are serious breeders and just want to help people or have an American Trainer's pokemon or they are hackers that want to help people or have an American Trainer's pokemon.

Butane123

A question for people who know more about IVs than I do...

I caught a Yanma with with a neutral nature (Quirky), yet has IV values of either 30 or 31 in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. Let's say I'm not going to use its Attack stat at all, would it actually be more beneficial to find a lessor IV one with a modest nature, or keep the one I caught?

Thanks in advance since I have very little idea on how these work exactly.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man this sucks, I just got an order update that my Refurb DS shipped today and won't get to my parents home till March 31st. I was hoping to pick it up this week since I live 2.5 hours away and I am going home anyways this weekend. Nintendo apparently ships everything from Washington where their headquarters are located. No Pokemon silver till April 3rd for me. Wish they had facilities closer :(

Echoes

SHINY DIGLETT! FREAKING AWESOME :D :D :D

78553542-fe37f37ad106f64c3b06e308894d798b.4bab071c-scaled.jpg

mCACGj

So...is there a certain point in the game I need to get to to keep unlocking Pokewalker courses? I have about 5800 watts uploaded, and am only up to the Town Outskirts.

Butane123 said:
A question for people who know more about IVs than I do...

I caught a Yanma with with a neutral nature (Quirky), yet has IV values of either 30 or 31 in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. Let's say I'm not going to use its Attack stat at all, would it actually be more beneficial to find a lessor IV one with a modest nature, or keep the one I caught?

Thanks in advance since I have very little idea on how these work exactly.

Yeah, the nature adds 10% (which is a lot if the stat is any good). Assuming you're maxing out the SA EVs, the one with 31 IVs and neutral nature will have 331 SA @ level 100. OTOH, a Modest Yanmega with 0 IVs in SA will have 330 SA if you max out its SA EVs. So that 10% is roughly equivalent to the difference between a 0 IV and a 31 IV.

Results will vary a bit if you aren't maxing out SA EVs though.

Unicorn

Growlithes that know morning sun, sunny day, flare blitz, and crunch are now available.

PM me with FC. I'll be on a bit before work tomorrow morning to pass some out.

1333-9906-6884
Unicorn

Also, still wanting a lucky egg:D

Ok a lot of people are asking for Lucky Eggs, so I'm gonna spam catch Chanseys and hopefully get a lot of eggs for you peeps. I have business to do in the Safari Zone anyway.

But damn you all if I run into a shiny!!

Firestorm said:
CHARMANDER IN MY POKEWALKER
ANIMATION
SO GOOD
2h6hy06.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ben2749 said:
Yeah, I just earned 12 watts, spent 6 on the Pokewalker, and after reconnecting with my DS, only 6 watts were transferred back.

I see no reason why they couldn't have went by your total, as it's going to take long enough to unlock all the areas as it is; making us choose between it taking even longer or refrain from catching Pokemon and finding items is kind of stupid. Especially since the whole point of unlock new areas is to do those two things.

Man, whenever I watch TV from now on, I'm going to be shaking this thing non-stop, to unlock the areas as fast as possible.

Or you could just find reasons to walk around a bit more :lol Go for a jog around your block!

Firestorm said:
CHARMANDER IN MY POKEWALKER
ANIMATION
SO GOOD

Since I've been beaten to quoting your avatar, I'll simply give you a :lol

Dechaios said:
Do most of you nickname your pokemon? I'm just wondering if I'm gonna run into a lot of nicknames when I battle online or enter tournaments on here.

Also, do you nickname your pokemon IN ALL CAPS like their original name or do you tone it down to just first letter cap?

I do. But only for the main Pokemon I use. (All in caps too)

For instance, for my main team that I use for Battles in Wifi/local, I named them nicknames as they are special to me, being Pokemon I spent hours years ago training, breeding and perfecting their EVs/IVs. They were also cleverly named.

Their Names:
- MANSA (swahili for 'king)
- SCAR
- EGGNA
- SUMOMO
- JUICE (Play on words to the show 'Beetlejuice')
- SKULL

I'd like to see if any of you would take a guess as to what you think my pokemon are based off their nicknames. :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Galactic Quail said:
I do. But only for the main Pokemon I use. (All in caps too)

For instance, for my main team that I use for Battles in Wifi/local, I named them nicknames as they are special to me, being Pokemon I spent hours years ago training, breeding and perfecting their EVs/IVs. They were also cleverly named.

Their Names:
- MANSA (swahili for 'king)
- SCAR
- EGGNA
- SUMOMO
- JUICE (Play on words to the show 'Beetlejuice')
- SKULL

I'd like to see if any of you would take a guess as to what you think my pokemon are based off their nicknames. :)

Slowking
Scarmory
Exeggutor
Snorlax?
Heracross
Dusclops

Willxc123

Metroid Killer, you're giving away lucky eggs? wow you are such a kind man. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar... do you think I could get one perchance?

Willxc123 said:
Metroid Killer, you're giving away lucky eggs? wow you are such a kind man. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar... do you think I could get one perchance?
Sure if I actually get any eggs, so far I haven't even caught a damn Chansey >_<(damn safari balls), and with a 5% chance of a Lucky Egg I'll need a lot of them. But I'll keep on trying and hopefull get around 10 eggs if I feel for it.

upandaway

I remember how I looked for about 20 minutes for a Chansey in Platinum, and I had no idea about the existence of Lucky Egg, and on the first Chansey I catch, it has it.

I felt so awesome after I saw it was 5%. But I never found a chance to use it...

Fuck a random trainer just scared the shit out of me! He had 3 pokemon and the first two were just in the high 20s levels, then he takes out his third pokemon, I didn't catch the name, but see to my surprise that it's a lvl 65!!... Magicarp... oh phew :lol

Resilient

I just picked this up today, but I bought Platinum a year ago and never got around to starting it. I'm about to get to the 5th gym now, but oh dear God how I want to start Heart Gold. I know if I do, I'll never finish Platinum though. DAMN YOU GAME FREAKS.

Danthrax said:
Slowking
Scarmory
Exeggutor
Snorlax?
Heracross
Dusclops

lol no, but good try though! :)

I'm in a good mood tonight, so i'll just tell you the answers.

Aerodactyl
Garchomp
Blissey
Snorlax
Heracross
Muk

Any thoughts/opinions on my competitive team?

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:
Sure if I actually get any eggs, so far I haven't even caught a damn Chansey >_<(damn safari balls), and with a 5% chance of a Lucky Egg I'll need a lot of them. But I'll keep on trying and hopefull get around 10 eggs if I feel for it.
If it still works, keep a Pokemon with Compound Eyes out as the first Pokemon in your party. Increases the chance that the wild Pokemon you fight is holding an item.

Magni

Echoes said:
!@#@!@#$%$

I've been trying to get a Careful\Thick Fat Snorlax for like half an hour. I finally caught a Careful one, but it has Immunity. Is it good? Should I get back to hunt for my perfect Nature\Ability or is this decent?

Can't you breed with a Careful female/Ditto until you get the Snorlax you want?

Firestorm said:
If it still works, keep a Pokemon with Compound Eyes out as the first Pokemon in your party. Increases the chance that the wild Pokemon you fight is holding an item.
Thanks! so far more than 15 Chansey, no Lucky Eggs ;_;

Firestorm

Echoes said:
!@#@!@#$%$

Use a Pokemon with Synchronize (Abra or Ralts) as the first in your party to increase the chance of finding a Pokemon that's the same nature as it. So you want to use a Careful Abra or Ralts.

That or breed with a Everstone-holding female Careful Snorlax / Careful Ditto.

CoolS

Holy shit, I was just looking through my Perl savefile to see what useful things were in there for when I get HG tomorrow. Decided to do a quick battle with my old team. But it wasn't quick. The battles were seriously fucking slow.

I think I'll probably never be able to go back and replay Perl. Heck, I don't even know how I could do it the first time around, now that I know the Platinum speed.

Argh these Chansey moveset is the most annoying thing ever! Minnimize (argh! my moves never hit), Softboiled (stop recovering, so I can catch you godamnit!), Sing (Noooo, you need to sleep! not me!!)

2ezic14.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Galactic Quail said:
lol no, but good try though! :)

I'm in a good mood tonight, so i'll just tell you the answers.

Aerodactyl
Garchomp
Blissey
Snorlax
Heracross

Muk

Any thoughts/opinions on my competitive team?

Wooo, I got two of them right :lol

I suppose Skarmory would have been too obvious for "Scar" but I don't understand why you named your Aerodactyl "King." (Or, for that matter, why you named your Garchomp "Scar.")

I get the Skull name for Muk, considering the poison, heh. And Blissey with her eggs and all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Swinnub or Delibird, GAF? I'm not sure which one to raise for the last gym.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FilthyLies said:
What's the recommended build for a Togekiss?

I've been leveling mine up and wondering what would be some good moves to use on him. Any suggestions?
If it has Serene Grace:
- Air Slash (heart scale tutor after evolving to Togekiss)
- Thunder Wave (TM)
- Aura Sphere (heart scale tutor after evolving to Togekiss)
- AncientPower (level up)

If it has Hustle:
- Magical Leaf (heart scale tutor after evolving to Togetic)
- Aura Sphere
- Swift (move tutor)

Extrasensory and Yawn are always welcome, too. No need in getting rid of those if you need the psychic power or a reliable sleep-inducer. I'm assuming this is just for the quest. For versus play, the top set is pretty good, though I'd throw out AncientPower for Roost or something.

upandaway

Urban Scholar said:
I forget but how long does it take a Ditto and another pokemon in the daycare to lay an egg again?
I don't think it's a fixed number of steps. On average it takes me around 4 trips of up and down in Solaceon, so I guess around 800 steps?

upandaway said:
I don't think it's a fixed number of steps. On average it takes me around 4 trips of up and down in Solaceon, so I guess around 800 steps?
Do they still need to be from different regions to mate faster? In d/p/pt, if you wanted eggs faster, then the parents needed to be from different "real world" regions--US, Japan, UK, etc.

ravien56

So more poke walker questions, this is the last one I swear! I'm actually kind of using this thing to count my steps and its not resetting the steps when a new day comes...does it just reset when you do a transfer to the ds?

Top Bottom