• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Merovin said:
Does anyone know what the battery life on the Pokéwalker is like? Also, if I leave it whilst walking around, it won't make any noise will it? Only if I go to use it?
(Considering taking it to work tomorrow. :lol)

It only makes noise if you push the buttons on it. But you can also turn down the sound and "brightness" of the screen.

CoolS

oblo said:
Release is a disaster overhere in Belgium (and The Netherlands for sure, statements from Nintendo talk about the "Dutch language version", don't know about the rest of Europe), it's simply not happening...yet.

Yesterday we got the news about the saving bug in Heart Gold, today we called everyone with a pre-order to tell them and suggest switching to Soul Silver... Soul Silver came with the delivery today, we had enough to cover pre-orders for both titles but then a few hours ago some more news came in from Nintendo: Soul Silver is bugged as well, please send them back, we will give a new releasedate tomorrow... Good thing we didn't break the release date, would have been worse but tomorrow is going to be not much fun anyway working in a gamestore... Me personally, I was actually considering trying this as my first Pokémon game ever, I guess that won't be happing. Oh well.

Wait what? Is this concernig whole Europe or just Belgium and the Netherlands? because my german copy was sent out via amazon today.

Merovin said:
Does anyone know what the battery life on the Pokéwalker is like? Also, if I leave it whilst walking around, it won't make any noise will it? Only if I go to use it?
(Considering taking it to work tomorrow. :lol)

It's supposed to last 3-4 months on "average" use. I don't think it'll beep if you don't press anything but you can always set it on mute to be safe.

thefil

Seems my party is really crap for taking on the Elite Four. Could probably get through it if I heal up between each battle... here's who I'm using:

Pupitar (40)
Magneton (43)
Togetic (40)
Starmie (42)
Mysdreavus (42)
Espeon (42)

It sucks because I come so close to one-hitting enemies without actually doing it. Particular frustrating with Mysdreavus leaves a Xatu with a sliver.

OMG Aero

oblo said:
Release is a disaster overhere in Belgium (and The Netherlands for sure, statements from Nintendo talk about the "Dutch language version", don't know about the rest of Europe), it's simply not happening...yet.

Yesterday we got the news about the saving bug in Heart Gold, today we called everyone with a pre-order to tell them and suggest switching to Soul Silver... Soul Silver came with the delivery today, we had enough to cover pre-orders for both titles but then a few hours ago some more news came in from Nintendo: Soul Silver is bugged as well, please send them back, we will give a new releasedate tomorrow... Good thing we didn't break the release date, would have been worse but tomorrow is going to be not much fun anyway working in a gamestore... Me personally, I was actually considering trying this as my first Pokémon game ever, I guess that won't be happing. Oh well.
Huh? I thought it was said that the saving bug was just a problem with a dirty cartridge.

I've been playing my UK version of Soul Silver perfectly fine today and I'm pretty sure all of Europe use the same version.

oblo

CoolS said:
Wait what? Is this concernig whole Europe or just Belgium and The Netherlands? because my german copy was sent out via amazon today.
Like I said, I don't know: it said: "Dutch language versions" in the statement but as far as I know all Pokémon games on DS here have been these five languages versions and only the manual and box comes in Dutch... Would seem strange to me if the cartridge would be different in any of the countries that actually do speak one of those languages... But I really don't know more about it.

timnich

My Dragonair got pokerus! How do I spread it to the rest of my pokemon? How many days do I have until it can't spread anymore?

timnich said:
My Dragonair got pokerus! How do I spread it to the rest of my pokemon? How many days do I have until it can't spread anymore?
A pokemon with PKRS will not be able to spread it after being on your team for more than 24 hours, however pokemon inside a PC will keep it.

You spread it by battling (doesn't have to be the pokemon with pkrs) and the pokemon next to the one that has the virus will get it after a couple of battles.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bah, I just got my first batch of Pokeballs and of course it's Hoothoot time. Have to wait for tomorrow for my favourite Sentret. Well I guess I'll just have to take this opportunity to read the manual and all 11 languages of the Pokéwalker guide for a grand total of 183 pages.

larvi

Metroid Killer said:
A pokemon with PKRS will not be able to spread it after being on your team for more than 24 hours, however pokemon inside a PC will keep it.

More specifically if the internal clock in the cart rolls over midnight any pokemon in your party will lose the PKRS status. So if you want to keep it contaigious make sure you box at least one of the pokemon with the PKRS status prior to midnight.

Ondore

TheSeks said:
Route 44 is to the west of the Seventh Gym (Mahogony Town?) There is no patch of grass there. Are you sure of the right route?

It's the one just before the path, and there is grass there - it's in the middle of the pond and you have to Surf to it.

There's also a Max Revive there.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I thought I heard that the wi-fi download Pichu (for D/P/Pl) was different than the one available at Gamestop stores a few weeks ago, but trying to d/l it yesterday I was told I already have it.

Guess the guy that told me that was getting mistaken with the goodies you get for moving that Pichu over into HG/SS.

CoolS

Fraull said:
wow ordered gold on bestbuys website and received it a day later, quickest delivery i have ever gotten.
wtfur4.gif

Always wanted to do that.

But yeah, I hope my copy arrives tomorrow. Have everything I need to trade to HG ready on my Platinum.

Bii

larvi said:
More specifically if the internal clock in the cart rolls over midnight any pokemon in your party will lose the PKRS status. So if you want to keep it contaigious make sure you box at least one of the pokemon with the PKRS status prior to midnight.
Let me get this straight. If I have a Pokemon with Pokerus, kept it in my party and it passes it on to two other Pokemon, and I stored all three before midnight rolls over, those three Pokemon would still have Pokerus the next day once I withdraw them from my PC?

Holepunch

I placed my order monday, and the package was registered in Montreal tuesday. 48 hours later and the package still hasn't moved. The only thing preventing me from enjoying this is Canada Post and by god they're going to be the death of me.

larvi

Bii said:
Let me get this straight. If I have a Pokemon with Pokerus, kept it in my party and it passes it on to two other Pokemon, and I stored all three before midnight rolls over, those three Pokemon would still have Pokerus the next day once I withdraw them from my PC?

Right. I haven't confirmed that it's working this way in HG/SS but that's how it worked in the previous games so I doubt that it's changed.

JSnake

Just got to Pallet Town. I really love that the citizens acknowledge that
Red has been missing for three years.

Dude doesn't even call his mom :(

^ Might want to spoiler that, I personally don't care but theres other that will!

Does anyone need help trade evolving or something as im chilling in the wifi room watching Claymore:lol
Code 0517-9561-4177

Axis

Johnlenham said:
^ Might want to spoiler that, I personally don't care but theres other that will!

Does anyone need help trade evolving or something as im chilling in the wifi room watching Claymore:lol
Code 0517-9561-4177
i could use some help trading a few pokes in about 20 mins if you'll be around?

edit: how exactly can i get togekiss to learn nasty plot?

Axis said:
i could use some help trading a few pokes in about 20 mins if you'll be around?
Can do. Got 6 junkers ready if you mean Plat>me>gold. Could do with a Razor claw and earthquake TM if you've got spares but im not desperate.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
I'm about to battle Morty and this is my current team:

Level 21 - Gastly
Level 20 - Togepi
Level 22 - Bayleef
Level 22 - Flaaffy

How's my team doing overall?

And where do you find Exp. Share to?

JADS

oblo said:
Like I said, I don't know: it said: "Dutch language versions" in the statement but as far as I know all Pokémon games on DS here have been these five languages versions and only the manual and box comes in Dutch... Would seem strange to me if the cartridge would be different in any of the countries that actually do speak one of those languages... But I really don't know more about it.

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/ne...kmon_soulsilver_version_uitgesteld_16568.html < - oh boy , nicely done Nintendo. Quality control at its finest :lol :lol :lol Now watch them delay the game until the end of April...

btkadams

SpinningFrog said:
Do you have some Heavy Pokeballs? those work rather well against Lugia.
no i dont. how many would it take to catch him if his health was in the red? i dont have any pokemon with paralyzing or sleeping moves that can survive long enough to use the move so all i can rely on is getting his health to red.

JSnake

btkadams said:
no i dont. how many would it take to catch him if his health was in the red? i dont have any pokemon with paralyzing or sleeping moves that can survive long enough to use the move so all i can rely on is getting his health to red.

Use Dusk Balls at night. 4x capture rate

Vanille

MemoirsofMimi said:
I'm about to battle Morty and this is my current team:

Level 21 - Gastly
Level 18 - Togepi
Level 22 - Bayleef
Level 22 - Flaaffy

How's my team doing overall?

And where do you find Exp. Share to?

Standard team. Togepi stomps Morty. :p

And you can get an Exp Share by giving your Red Scale to Mr. Pokemon, just like the originals.

btkadams

LumpOfCole said:
Beat red with my sub-65 team yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty pumped.

That also means Hoenn starters! Look what I got:

http://sites.google.com/site/fileslump/fumudkip.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
do you only get to choose one of the starters?

For the last slot, I recommend Mamoswine. That thing can stack HP and use physical ice attacks like nobodies business. Let it stomp its way into your heart:

473Mamoswine.png

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there still anyway to get the legendaries on Diamond or am I screwed on that? I think Bulbapedia is outdated since it says a way to get Arceus was never released to NA. Maybe I'm wrong though :S

Firestorm

I'm almost home and just unlocked wifi trading. Anyone got a Totodile and/or Chikorita egg? I traditionally go through the single player with all three starters =P

when's the earliest I can catch Scyther?

Vanille

Trojita said:
Is there still anyway to get the legendaries on Diamond or am I screwed on that? I think Bulbapedia is outdated since it says a way to get Arceus was never released to NA. Maybe I'm wrong though :S

You mean via Mystery Gift? You're kinda screwed, sorry. And Arceus was only given away at Toys R Us. The Azure Flute has never been released.

I beat Elite 4 & Lance - All of my Pokémon need better moves! >_<

Meganium Lv40
- Petal Dance
- Synthesis
- Light Screen
- PoisonPowder

Houndoom Lv44
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- SolarBeam

Ampharos Lv42
- Discharge
- ThunderPunch
- Flash
- Signal Beam

Togekiss Lv34
- Shadow Ball
- Rock Smash
- Extrasensory
- Fly

Azumarill Lv35 (HM used)
- Whirlpool
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Strength

Tyranitar Lv100
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

MidnightScott said:
I beat Elite 4 & Lance - All of my Pokémon need better moves! >_<

Tyranitar Lv100
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
Bit of creative poke usage going on here :lol

Stupid fking wifi is driving me up the wall. Sometimes it works perfect other times its a total ballache.

Johnlenham said:
Bit of creative poke usage going on here :lol

Stupid fking wifi is driving me up the wall. Sometimes it works perfect other times its a total ballache.

Yeah I wanted a Tyranitar, and I had one on Diamond that I got in a trade, so I just put it in my team. :s

vrdp34.gif

Fuuuuuccccccckkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuu Error Code: 86420
My DS is port forwarded, the firewall is fine. Let me trade pokemans you bastard.

I'm tempted to bring over my platinum Floatzel & Jolteon to run over the elite 4 with, but that just strikes me as cheating.

I have no such reservations about Red when I get there, however.

Top Bottom