• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Hex

Banned
I want into the Charmander breeding contest, will need a ditto though if anyone is around after 11pm est

Nayishiki

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I need a pokemon from the Charmander family to compete in the competition. I already have my Japanese Ditto from Metroid...

I can give you a Charmander, I now have like 50 Charmanders. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

MechaX

Note to self: Going back to Pokemon with the same Obsessive-Compulsive habits I had as a kid is still nightmarish as ever. Hell, I spend more time staring at serebii/bulbapedia spreads than playing the game itself!

But in all seriousness, picked this up yesterday after a certain "spark". Haven't really gotten into the series since Ruby/Sapphire and this generation was my favorite out of the three. Played some of Diamond, but I got bored of it. I'm just before Falkner and I already have my Johto team mapped out (I'm thinking Feraligatr, Golem, Heracross, Jolteon, Houndoom, and Xatu, all pokes that I never used before in prior titles). This is definitely a trip down nostalgia lane and I'm actually having fun with this so far.

Merovin

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I made a simple EV calculator in Excel just to keep track of my EV training, as I forgot how many I've done and such. If anyone would be interested in using it, feel free to ask.

cdyhybrid

So since I found out that Articuno can't breed (>:|), I need a replacement in my team. Here are the other 5 I'll be using:

Dragonite - Quiet w/ Life Orb
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

Flygon - Jolly w/ Choice Scarf
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

Houndoom - Naughty w/ Life Orb (Flash Fire ability)
-Overheat
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Thunderfang

Breloom - Adamant w/ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal ability)
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Aerodactyl - Jolly w/ Focus Sash
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Fly

Any thoughts/critiques?

hamchan

So, decided to pick this up because I have spare DS games to trade in. Surprisingly I was lured in by the Pokewalker, damn thing seems so awesome to me.

Aw man, found it in the washer, definitely FUBARed.

Loved it at first, was catching all kinds of Pokemon. Lately though, Wobbuffet has been complaining that I'm not walking enough and I was growing bitter.

Now, the Pokewalker's broken and I don't know what to do with myself. Get another one or live without it.

Hex

Banned
Gaming Truth said:
Aw man, found it in the washer, definitely FUBARed.

Loved it at first, was catching all kinds of Pokemon. Lately though, Wobbuffet has been complaining that I'm not walking enough and I was growing bitter.

Now, the Pokewalker's broken and I don't know what to do with myself. Get another one or live without it.

There will be many other events down the line for the Pokewalker, I would say getting another is a must.

upandaway

cdyhybrid said:
So since I found out that Articuno can't breed (>:|), I need a replacement in my team. Here are the other 5 I'll be using:

Dragonite - Quiet w/ Life Orb
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

Flygon - Jolly w/ Choice Scarf
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

Houndoom - Naughty w/ Life Orb (Flash Fire ability)
-Overheat
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Thunderfang

Breloom - Adamant w/ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal ability)
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Aerodactyl - Jolly w/ Focus Sash
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Fly

Any thoughts/critiques?
This for single player, right?

I used a Houndoom on my Platinum run and it my set for it was Nasty Plot, Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse. I think you took it too much to the physical side where it's weaker.

MNC

Damn, I'm starting to get addicted yet again. My main gripe with the series: They kept bringing out newer variations way too fast. My 'older' games would be deemed 'moot' or 'invalid' so to speak :(

This time I said fuck it. I loved the G/S games, a remake with all the newest pokemon is going to be my curse :lol

So far, I got all all the G/S starters and the D/P starters thanks to my girlfriend restarting her Platinum save over and over and trading :D We bred all the G/S/D/P starters for eachother now!

The one thing I hate is that alot of legendary pokemon are event, or only to be gotten through trading with GBA games, which is impossible for me. Anyone know of some other methods?

And is there a cloning method for the legendary who can't be bred?

xSL4INx

Working through the second half of the game, got 13 badges so far.

Team:
Jirachi Lv. 54
Gyarados Lv. 53
Typhlosion Lv. 51
Donphan Lv. 49
Umbreon Lv. 49

upandaway

MNC said:
The one thing I hate is that alot of legendary pokemon are event, or only to be gotten through trading with GBA games, which is impossible for me. Anyone know of some other methods?
Actually a ton of legendaries now are available only through the DS games (I think all of them). And rest assured that even if you don't get the event-only legendaries, you'll still get the certificate of getting all the Pokemon (the star on the trainer card).

MNC

upandaway said:
Actually a ton of legendaries now are available only through the DS games (I think all of them). And rest assured that even if you don't get the event-only legendaries, you'll still get the certificate of getting all the Pokemon (the star on the trainer card).
I was looking at serebii.net and apparently celebi, deoxys, and those awesome pokeymans are event only, and they were events for the GBA games, I think.

upandaway

MNC said:
I was looking at serebii.net and apparently celebi, deoxys, and those awesome pokeymans are event only, and they were events for the GBA games, I think.
All those had events for the DS too, Deoxys was available at Gamestop a while back.

Also, for sure, Celebi will be available in the future. They made her available in Japan after HGSS came out there, and it unlocked a special thing in the game, so they have to release her here too.

Mafro

How come Pikachus are so shit against water and flying types in this? I don't remember it being like that before.

Hex

Banned
upandaway said:
All those had events for the DS too, Deoxys was available at Gamestop a while back.

Also, for sure, Celebi will be available in the future. They made her available in Japan after HGSS came out there, and it unlocked a special thing in the game, so they have to release her here too.

Yeah, there will be something with Celebi that ties in with the shrine.

upandaway said:
They made her available in Japan after HGSS came out there, and it unlocked a special thing in the game, so they have to release her here too.
What?! Crap it better not have been through wifi or I missed it :( I thought Celebi still hadn't been released in Japan..

MNC

upandaway said:

I don't remember the last time an event happened in the Netherlands :(

Echoes said:
Can I be an exception, for a shiny Shuckle? Because I already have a shiny Charmander :p

If not, then fuck it, I'm in!
Sorry better stick to the original plan or people will get upset in one way or another.

Though with an extra Shiny Charizard you can pretty much trade it into anything :D

Masked Man

I said wow
Metroid Killer said:
What?! Crap it better not have been through wifi or I missed it :( I thought Celebi still hadn't been released in Japan..

It hasn't yet. ;) It will probably come about as a tie-in with the movie that comes out this summer.

Kyzer

Banned
How would you go about getting a Pokemon with perfect IVs legitimately, exactly? Is it pure, dumb luck?

I still have an Elekid (bred) from Pt with perfect IVs, but not the best nature (lol fml) and I don't even know how it happened like that. I was only going for attack.

btkadams

Metroid Killer said:
Able to trade now so that you can get the Ditto? I have to get up early tomorrow which means I'll go to bed in an hour(Lives in Europe)

My FC 5156 4291 4002
nope sorry! i will be out for another 5 hours :( thanks though!

Metroid Killer said:
Able to trade now so that you can get the Ditto? I have to get up early tomorrow which means I'll go to bed in an hour(Lives in Europe)

My FC 5156 4291 4002

Do you have another one???

add me if you have one please <3

2021-1860-2559

Anth0ny

Is there any reason why I have to talk to this fucking guard every time I want to face the Elite 4? I mean, I'm the champion ffs, you don't need to ask "R U RDY?" when I want to rematch them :lol

Anth0ny said:
Is there any reason why I have to talk to this fucking guard every time I want to face the Elite 4? I mean, I'm the champion ffs, you don't need to ask "R U RDY?" when I want to rematch them :lol

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol

Echoes

In breeding, the mother passes down the ability, right?

I have a male Aerodactyl with Pressure. I want a Jolly Aerodactyl with Pressure. I must breed a Ditto (Jolly) holding an Everstone, and hoping the egg will hatch a Jolly Pressure, right? Or must the Aerodactyl be female for a Jolly Pressure?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Echoes said:
In breeding, the mother passes down the ability, right?

I have a male Aerodactyl with Pressure. I want a Jolly Aerodactyl with Pressure. I must breed a Ditto (Jolly) holding an Everstone, and hoping the egg will hatch a Jolly Pressure, right? Or must the Aerodactyl be female for a Jolly Pressure?
There's no way to control abilities outside of RNG tweaking.

You have a 50/50 shot at Natures with an Everstone, and a 50/50 shot at Abilities always (for those Pokemon who have 2 Abilities). If you collect 5 eggs at once then the odds are you'll have 1 Pokemon with the combination you want.

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
There's no way to control abilities outside of RNG tweaking.

You have a 50/50 shot at Natures with an Everstone, and a 50/50 shot at Abilities always (for those Pokemon who have 2 Abilities). If you collect 5 eggs at once then the odds are you'll have 1 Pokemon with the combination you want.
Uh huh, great. Can I ask for a Jolly Ditto? If you don't mind.

larvi

Ugh, just got beat at fight #148 in the Battle Hall. Was crusing along pretty good, working on Bug type with just Fire and Electric types to go which in all likelyhood wouldn't have been a problem for my Garchomp.

I just had a close call with counter Forretress that my focus sash saved me and next out is Yanmega which shouldn't have been a big deal but the AI played me perfectly, I went 1st and used outrage which wasn't enough for the OHKO but unfortunately enough for pinch berry range. Yanmega got a Petaya boost then hit me with a boosted bug buzz which was enough to take me to less then 50% health then it got the speed boost so it went 1st and took me down with the next attack. Had I used a less powerful move than Outrage on the 1st turn I probably would have beaten it. Another option would have been to use Stone Edge but I don't like the accuracy of that move (or lack thereof) for use in the battle frontier.

Ah well, maybe I'll get bug types out of the way earlier on my next attempt.

Reich

Wizpig said:
Thank you, now I have some English Pokémon in my Italian Pokédex :p
Did you forget the item for Electabuzz? he didn't evolve.

I tought it was a Magnet.

Anyone have a "Electriser" willing to give ?

Echoes

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Anyone available to help me transfer a Gible from Plat to SS? I can repay you with a Charmander or Eevee.
FC 4984 7134 0994 (I really don't need anything. Eevee is nice, but really, I just wanna help <3)

JSnake: I just battle and collect points. Battle 21 gives 20 BPs so that's great.

Top Bottom