• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive said:
Nice match. Kept me guessing a lot.
Yeah, thanks. I've still got a lot of tweaking left to do before everything is exactly as I want it. I've also got to complete my team with a couple more pokemon too.

nice battle

Odious Tea said:
Fuck Clair. I quit. If you need me, I'll be in the SMT: Strange Journey thread.

Just go to GoldenRod and buy the Blizzard TM. I stuck it on my Poliwrath and OHKO'd all of her Dragonairs.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any spots where Dittos are more common than the grass around the daycare? I've been running back and forth for quite a while now and haven't seen one. Fortunately, I caught one already a while back, but I was going to start collecting a few different natures.

Do they only show up at a certain time of day? I have searched a while at night, but I know that Abras don't show up there at night (at least, none did for me last night) so I'm wondering if I should try again for Dittos later in the day.

::edit::
Nevermind, thread magic is in full effect and I've seen 2 dittos in the last 3 battles.

Stencil

Odious Tea said:
Fuck Clair. I quit. If you need me, I'll be in the SMT: Strange Journey thread.

I just barely beat her. No Ice moves used. Self-Destructed my Golem, Petal Dance'd with Meganium, Discharge'd with Ampharos, barely held on with Togekiss (or the flying one, whatever) and burned her pokes (god damn shed skin) with Magmortar when possible. I think I got out with one pokemon left.

Monroeski said:
Do they only show up at a certain time of day? I have searched a while at night, but I know that Abras don't show up there at night (at least, none did for me last night) so I'm wondering if I should try again for Dittos later in the day.
Wait for a swarm, listen to the oak show everyday and if you are lucky there will be a ditto swarm at a route 40 something. Requires waterfall.

Anybody willing to help a brother out with a chimchar can send a pm. I've got lots of pokemons/tm/items to offer for it.
Stencil said:
I just barely beat her. No Ice moves used. Self-Destructed my Golem, Petal Dance'd with Meganium, Discharge'd with Ampharos, barely held on with Togekiss (or the flying one, whatever) and burned her pokes (god damn shed skin) with Magmortar when possible. I think I got out with one pokemon left.
Everyone has had so much trouble with this woman. I'm gonna chomp her dragonairs and kingdra up with my icy dentures.

JosM88 said:
Anybody willing to help a brother out with a chimchar can send a pm. I've got lots of pokemons/tm/items to offer for it.

If you don't end up getting one sooner, I can breed you one from my diamond game after work tonight probably (10-11pm EST.) Just need to get a ditto onto that cartridge.

iNvidious01 said:
these are fucking hilarious

Wrong.

Zod the Bear said:
If you don't end up getting one sooner, I can breed you one from my diamond game after work tonight probably (10-11pm EST.) Just need to get a ditto onto that cartridge.
I leave for work at 11:40PM EST unfortunately so I can't imagine that I'll have time to get it before then. I'll gladly take it when I get back from work though.

thanks a lot dude.

Echoes

Whoa, Serene Grace Togekiss with Air Slash holding King's Rock is so broken. I flinch my opponents almost every time.

Fitz

Echoes said:
Whoa, Serene Grace Togekiss with Air Slash holding King's Rock is so broken. I flinch my opponents almost every time.

It's something like a 60% chance to Flinch with Serence Grace and without the King's Rock, which is obviously huge, so not surprising that you're having good effect with the rock.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Does Alakazam still learn moves after Kadabra has been trade evolved?

Yes it will. In fact it will learn the moves the same levels as Kadabra.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Cool. I'll see if anyone can help evolve it when I get home. Thanks!

I've got a Haunter and Graveler I need to evolve (though the Graveler's just for 'dex purposes so isn't critical) if you're around 10-11pm EST.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Huh, the Red Gyarados respawns just like the legendaries... hrm... I don't like having legendaries in my team, but a cool shiny Gyarados would work well... Actually considering doing the whole "re-rolling his nature" and what not.

Does the nature reset every time you fight him, or only after he dies and comes back?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Anyone have a Bagon, Tyranitar or Trapinch they'd be willing to trade? I don't have much to offer besides Totodiles, Cyndaquil and Piplups. Maybe a Riolu too.

vcassano1 said:
Anyone have a Bagon, Tyranitar or Trapinch they'd be willing to trade? I don't have much to offer besides Totodiles, Cyndaquil and Piplups. Maybe a Riolu too.

Might be able to sort out those in the next day or so for you if you don't get them sooner. Can't move any more off of Emerald today.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any PCs on route 26 before Victory Road, or should I have all my HM slaves with me when I set sail from New Bark Town?

Right now I have 4 fighters, HM slave with surf/waterfall/whirlpool/flash, and a Dratini with exp share that I'm raising. I could easily switch out the Dratini if needed, but I'd rather not if it can be helped.

Monroeski said:
Are there any PCs on route 26 before Victory Road, or should I have all my HM slaves with me when I set sail from New Bark Town?

Right now I have 4 fighters, HM slave with surf/waterfall/whirlpool/flash, and a Dratini with exp share that I'm raising. I could easily switch out the Dratini if needed, but I'd rather not if it can be helped.
No PCs till the E4.

I'll just leave this here...

rkomqc.png

vcassano1 said:

I could whip you up a Tyranitar that knows Dragon Dance, EQ and Taunt if you want. No guarantee on IV's or Nature though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Jet Grind Radio! said:
No PCs till the E4.
Crappy, I was afraid of that.

Just got through route 27 and realized I failed to stock up on revives before I took off, and I just ran out. Tons of healing and status relievers, but I just ran out of revives. :( Back to town to restock, I guess.

What all HMs should I have with me to get through the routes + Victory Road?

btkadams

Monroeski said:
Crappy, I was afraid of that.

Just got through route 27 and realized I failed to stock up on revives before I took off, and I just ran out. Tons of healing and status relievers, but I just ran out of revives. :( Back to town to restock, I guess.

What all HMs should I have with me to get through the routes + Victory Road?
you only need surf and waterfall to get to the beginning of victory road (a bulding). you might need cut too. there, you can fly to and from any city in johto, so you can heal and shit or restock on items if you're party is low on hp or whatever. you only need strength and rock smash to get through victory road from that point.

Jeels

Does anyone have a link to that page that tells you what to input when that guy in the Pokemon center tells you to describe him or w/e.

Wiseblade

btkadams said:
i dont understand what we're looking at? i surprisingly don't understand japanese.
Really fake mockups of Farfetch'd and Delibird evolutions. So fake it hurts.

Stealth edit:
Jet Grind Radio! said:
A Farfetch'd and Delibird evolution.

Farfetch'd does need an upgrade, though.

He'll never get one though.

Smogon said:
I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield.

jman2050

Woohoo, got a lucky chansey swarm today out of the blue and managed to snag a lucky egg using thief on the 7th chansey I saw.

This will make level training quite a bit easier :D

windfish

Jokey665 said:
Sure, I've got some 'mons I need to test out. Standard rules?

FC is 5026-1324-9405

well i have no plan what the standard rules are cause this will be my first match since ages... i will just join anything :D

Jokey665

windfish said:
well i have no plan what the standard rules are cause this will be my first match since ages... i will just join anything :D
standard rules are basically no double team/minimize, no sheer cold/guillotine/fissure/horn drill, and no pokemon from this list. There's a bit more to it, but these are the "big deal" rules, imo.

Damn, I just remembered how lame the Battle Factory is. First freakin' set and my Hippowdon gets critted 3 times and flinched twice in a span of like 15 turns.

Then when I manage to get to the 2nd set, the AI leads with Ninjask and there's not a single Pokemon in the initial selection that can take a hit from the mosquito (like 4 of the 6 were weak to Bug or Flying). :(

Jokey665

windfish said:
iam online too :/ don't see you...what could be wrong??
Yeah I don't see you either. Did you enter my FC right? Are you talking to the right person? (downstairs in the pokemon center, not upstairs :þ )

Top Bottom