• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wiseblade

Sixfortyfive said:
There's likely going to be a wi-fi event for the one that you normally can't get. Pretty sure there already was one for Japan.

The only version exclusives that seems to matter in HGSS are Kyogre/Groudon.
Isn't that what the enigma stone is for?

Teknoman said:
Wow...about super fang: Does it cut the opponents HP to 50% all the time, no matter what type it's used against?

Yes. It always takes 50% of your opponent's current health. The only type it will not work on is the Ghost type, because Super Fang is a normal type move.

Edit: I already have my ingame team planned out:

Typhlosion, Butterfree, Arbok, Miltank, HM whore, HM whore.

Salaadin

Just got my Pikachu colored Pichu and reserved Heart Gold. I cant believe this comes out two days before GoW3. What am I going to do!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I really wish I could get that Pichu but I lack a DS and a copy of Pokemon right now. ): Want that notch-eared one pretty badly so this is a bit disappointing.
Going to pick up a new shiny DSi since I lack the hardware to play the game the day it arrives from Amazon. Does anyone know if the event will still trigger if I borrow a shiny Pichu from someone?

OMG Aero

InfiniteNine said:
I really wish I could get that Pichu but I lack a DS and a copy of Pokemon right now. ): Want that notch-eared one pretty badly so this is a bit disappointing.
Going to pick up a new shiny DSi since I lack the hardware to play the game the day it arrives from Amazon. Does anyone know if the event will still trigger if I borrow a shiny Pichu from someone?
It should do, I triggered the Regi event in Platinum using an event Regigigas someone traded me. I think it's the Pokemon what counts, not whether your game received it or not.

Wiseblade

InfiniteNine said:
Aren't the Pikachu coloured Pichus supposed to locked to the game once you trigger the event in HGSS? I don't think you can share them.

Totodile, ftw. Chose it ten years ago, and I will chose it one month from now. Pokemon Silver was one of my all-time favorite games, I am looking forward to replacing it with the newly updated features that Pokemon has (compared to 10 years ago).

Kyzer

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Aren't the Pikachu coloured Pichus supposed to locked to the game once you trigger the event in HGSS? I don't think you can share them.

No, the notch eared Pichu which you get from the Pikachu colored Pichu gets locked to your game.

Well, I totally forgot about the gamestop download that ended this past weekend.

Would anyone be willing to clone the shiny pichu for me? If not, I can clone it myself and give it right back.

Gravijah

Does anyone have any cloned versions of the event legendaries like Deoxys, etc? I lost my GBA and DS ARs, and I'm trying to be as "legit" as possible when I obtain them... but no luck.

biggyfries said:
Well, I totally forgot about the gamestop download that ended this past weekend.

Would anyone be willing to clone the shiny pichu for me? If not, I can clone it myself and give it right back.

Shit, it's over? Couldn't ever get down to GameStop.

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
Does anyone have any cloned versions of the event legendaries like Deoxys, etc? I lost my GBA and DS ARs, and I'm trying to be as "legit" as possible when I obtain them... but no luck.
I think I have a few Manaphy eggs and the recent Japanese event Mew if you need them.
I'd need to check the eggs though as I've already traded a few of them and don't know if I have any left.

Gravijah

OMG Aero said:
I think I have a few Manaphy eggs and the recent Japanese event Mew if you need them.
I'd need to check the eggs though as I've already traded a few of them and don't know if I have any left.

Oooh, isn't that the level 1 Mew? I'd love to do a playthrough with one of those... I've got all of the DPPt legendaries from when I actually had a DS AR, I just need stuff like Mew, Deoxys, Celebi, etc. So Mew would be awesome!

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
Oooh, isn't that the level 1 Mew? I'd love to do a playthrough with one of those... I've got all of the DPPt legendaries from when I actually had a DS AR, I just need stuff like Mew, Deoxys, Celebi, etc. So Mew would be awesome!
I'll have a look at my game later when I get back from uni and send you a PM.

Just came back from EBGames (GameStop in Canada) and Preordered HeartGold. And i received the Preorder bonus, a nice Ho-Oh figure :D
HGfigure1.jpg
HGfigure2.jpg

Delio

Well i've been breeding a few pokes that will join my Cyndaquil right from the beginning. So far Aron with Head Smash and Teddiursa with Crunch and Close Combat. Already played thru the japanese one so i wanna go just a tad faster this time. Cyndaquil,Teddiursa,Aron,Mareep,Noctowl and probably some random water pokemon that is not Red Gyra will be with me.

Cynar

Fantasy Final said:
Just came back from EBGames (GameStop in Canada) and Preordered HeartGold. And i received the Preorder bonus, a nice Ho-Oh figure :D
HGfigure1.jpg
HGfigure2.jpg

they're giving out the pre-order bonuses already? wtf ? XD I pre-ordered already, can I go and pick it up?

edit: just called, they don't have them in yet :(

survivor

Banned
Wait so if I preorder the game I will get the bonus? Cause on EB Games website, it says will get the preorder bonus when I pick up the game.

Found some awesome fan arts on Pixiv :) Just to get your Pokejuices flowing.

51a3k3.jpg

f4l449.jpg

2cmloav.jpg

Sadly lost the sources.

Show these to anyone who isn't hyped yet, and they will be.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I never imagined Lugia with feathers until now.
Eww :(

I imagined him having skin similar to a dolphin or whale.....smooth and squeaky.

Then again he has a beak, birds feet and can fly....

Magnus

I'm tempted to pick this up since the original Gold and Silver were the last Pokemon games I enjoyed the shit out of as a kid (and were amazing sequels in every way to the Red/Blue generation), but man, so much seems to have grown and changed. A ton of the new shit like breeding and whatnot in GSC was intimidating enough, but now there's even more.

EV, egg, breeding, shiny pokemon, multiple forms/sprites, and well, I know the OCD in me will awaken if I get into this, and I'll find myself buying additional games to actually try and get as many of the ~500 as I can.

I can't let myself get this game. :lol

Dogenzaka said:
I never imagined Lugia with feathers until now.
Eww :(

I imagined him having skin similar to a dolphin or whale.....smooth and squeaky.

Then again he has a beak, birds feet and can fly....

It's more like fur really.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hello Pokepeeps, I was wondering if you could help me (again):

Are all Pokemon games for DS universal? In that, not only can they play with each other (Platinum with HG/SS), but can also play across region?

I only ask because a friend of mine still has his Japanese copy of Pearl, and it'd be great if we could trade/battle with a PAL version of Platinum.

Any help or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

survivor

Banned
B-Genius said:
Hello Pokepeeps, I was wondering if you could help me (again):

Are all Pokemon games for DS universal? In that, not only can they play with each other (Platinum with HG/SS), but can also play across region?

I only ask because a friend of mine still has his Japanese copy of Pearl, and it'd be great if we could trade/battle with a PAL version of Platinum.

Any help or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and HG/SS are all compatible in battling and trading. However Platinum, HG/SS have these plaza minigames and you can play the Battle Tower through WiFi. These features aren't available in Diamond and Pearl.

I don't know what you mean by across region, but you can play with people that have Japanese copies while you have PAl or NA.

Teknoman

FootNinja said:
Good question. Is anyone else still up for this?
I wasnt the organizer, just asked around about it. Still, we should give people enough time to get set up with HG/SS or previous games.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm totally up for organizing or helping out with a tournament, but I think that sort of thing should wait until a few weeks after HGSS's American release.

Hex

Banned
Not really sure that this is the best place to ask, but does anyone have a female eevee that they can trade me?
Level doesn't matter it is just for collection purposes.
I have pokemon platinum and want to make sure I have one of each of the evolves but only have the one male that you are given.

Balb

Anyone have a legit Growlithe, Pinsir and/or Tauros? I have over 380 Pokemon so I might have what you're looking for.

Deeku

Balb said:
Anyone have a legit Growlithe, Pinsir and/or Tauros? I have over 380 Pokemon so I might have what you're looking for.
I have one in my fire red cart so I can transfer it for you now if you want.

Now what do I want....do you have any legit Bulbasaurs or Squirtles?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I'm breeding you a Pinsir and Tauros. Gimme about ten minutes.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Those stupid pre-order figurines are like the size of my thumb. Don't bother worrying about them if you are deciding whether to pre-order or pick the game up later.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dogenzaka said:
Those stupid pre-order figurines are like the size of my thumb. Don't bother worrying about them if you are deciding whether to pre-order or pick the game up later.
Man... I'm such a consumer whore. -keeps pre-order- ):

Top Bottom