• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
commanderdeek said:
I have one in my fire red cart so I can transfer it for you now if you want.

Now what do I want....do you have any legit Bulbasaurs or Squirtles?
I have those two. if you have any rare pokemon I lack a bunch, but if not I don't mind. PM if interested.

usea

I don't know why, but I have no desire to play this game (and I never played gold/silver). :( Kinda makes me sad. I had a lot of fun playing along with many of you in the d/p thread. I guess I'll have to wait until the next new game comes out for that again. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, Pinsir and Tauros are ready. My FC is 3352 0373 9659

I don't need anything in return. Let me know when you're ready to log on.

EzLink

Banned
Three weeks away! Christ, I remember when it was very first announced, and just thinking of how fucking long I'd have to wait to play it. I remember the overwhelming temptation to import and the absolute agony of reading serebii daily, seeing all the new features, and knowing that the Japanese were lucky enough to be playing it now while I had to wait another six months. And now, fucking finally, it's almost here! To be honest it went by quicker than I thought.

And man, it is absolutely perfect timing. It comes out the 14th and my spring break starts the 15th :D Me and my two other pokemon obsessed friends are just gonna smoke weed and play pokemon all break. Going to be fucking stellar!

Also, anyone know why the OP got banned?

Bii

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm totally up for organizing or helping out with a tournament, but I think that sort of thing should wait until a few weeks after HGSS's American release.

I'm down for a tourney but just like you said, wait a few weeks after HG/SS's US release. I like to complete the "story" as much as possible before working on my competitive team.

EzLink

Banned
Bii said:
I'm down for a tourney but just like you said, wait a few weeks after HG/SS's US release. I like to complete the "story" as much as possible before working on my competitive team.

So soon? Man, it would take me months to get a fully competitive team together and have them all leveled to 100 for a tourney. Unless you guys are just talking about having a casual one for fun where winning isn't all that important

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
EzLink said:
So soon? Man, it would take me months to get a fully competitive team together and have them all leveled to 100 for a tourney. Unless you guys are just talking about having a casual one for fun where winning isn't all that important
DPPt/HGSS auto-levels your team to 100 for wi-fi matches, so you only have to worry about moves/EVs as far as training is concerned. I would also figure that most people would have the means to at least partially train their teams on DPPt before the new games are released anyway.

I figure that a one month window between release and the tournament would be about right, but I don't care either way. I already know what gimmick team I'll be using.

I month after release is plenty of time IMO. It took me about 3 days to beat Diamond's story and level my team up to about level 50. But I also had relatively nothing to do for those days (screw homework and studying).

Wiseblade

I think a month is the perfect time after release for a tournament. Any earlier, and the advantage swings too far in favour of people with earlier games. Any later, and interest dies.

Michan

Just pre-ordered my copies of HG and SS with some gift cards I received at Christmas. I've already got the games in Japanese, but am leaving them sealed in my collection, as I do love this game. Can't wait to finally play it this March! :D

Galang

Banned
Oh, I didn't realize there was an Iwata Asks for this game! Probably will be one of my favorites since Pokemon is the only series i've been into from the start.

EzLink

Banned
Snap, I totally forgot about the game auto leveling your pokes to 100 for battle. Yeah, one month is a perfect time frame for a tourney

Yay just beat the Johto League a few days ago! Has been one inredible ride so far!

Everything is getting crazy now with the world opening up. Battle Frontier, Safari Zone, New PokeWalker Areas, Hoenn & Sinnoh Sound, Pokethlon Update, etc.

It's all pretty overwhelming right now, especially the safari zone. I can't wrap my head around the fact that some pokemon takes 110 days(Bagon) to get... I must be misunderstanding something.

Anyway the team I've used up till now is:
Spr_4h_154_m.png
Spr_4h_195_f.png
Spr_4h_197.png
Spr_4d_376.png
Spr_4p_473_m.png
Spr_4h_205.png

I want to have a whole new team for Kanto, so far I've got these in mind.
Spr_4p_477.png
Spr_4p_362.png
Spr_4p_308_m.png
319.png
Spr_4d_306.png
Spr_4p_445_f.png

I picked some pokemon that I thought were interesting(caught a Meditite yesterday, and was Fighting/Psychic!!), and then added the last two since I don't know how well the first four will do and they seem to be pretty strong. Now I just need to figure out how to catch a Gible in the Safari Zone. How's this for a team? Do some of them suck badly? Mind that I'll only be using it for the main game, but still I could be missing something.

Oh yeah!
Pokedex 191 (Johto 158)
Playtime: 198 hours!
Legendaries: Mew, Raikou, Entei, Ho-oh
Shiny: Gyrados, Pidgeot, Tentacruel, Pichu(thanks Zilch)
Special: Spikey-Eared-Pichu

Teknoman

Wiseblade said:
I think a month is the perfect time after release for a tournament. Any earlier, and the advantage swings too far in favour of people with earlier games. Any later, and interest dies.

That would work I guess. That kinda throws EVs out of the mix, but thats what a 2nd tournament is for :D

Plus it might be kinda fun to not worry about EVs for a battle for once.

Wiseblade

Teknoman said:
That would work I guess. That kinda throws EVs out of the mix, but thats what a 2nd tournament is for :D

Plus it might be kinda fun to not worry about EVs for a battle for once.
It's possible to EV an entire team in a day. IVs are the ones that take time.

ok, I have a ten dollar credit to amazon that will be expiring soon, so I want to get one of these games. Should I go with Gold or Silver?

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, so sorry about that. I probably won't be doing much (if any) trading with people or anything. I'm assuming Silver by the thread title.

JodyAnthony said:
ok, I have a ten dollar credit to amazon that will be expiring soon, so I want to get one of these games. Should I go with Gold or Silver?

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, so sorry about that. I probably won't be doing much (if any) trading with people or anything. I'm assuming Silver by the thread title.
Another mystery solved!

EzLink

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Oh yeah!
Pokedex 191 (Johto 158)
Playtime: 198 hours!
Legendaries: Mew, Raikou, Entei, Ho-oh
Shiny: Gyrados, Pidgeot, Tentacruel, Pichu(thanks Zilch)
Special: Spikey-Eared-Pichu

This is before you've even done anything in Kanto? Like, you only have 8 badges so far? What the hell have you been doing for 200 hours?!

Actually I really want to take my time with this game too. But for some reason I've never raised a good team until after the game. Maybe it would be fun to do it in the midst of my quest instead of after its over

Teknoman

Wiseblade said:

Its possible, but I dunno if everyone is going to be on that level with exactly the pokemon they want 1 month after release.

Galang

Banned
Finally pre-ordered, most stores I went to didn't get any figures in yet. So I waited until I found one that did. :D

Wiseblade said:

Yup, I never bothered with IVs much until recently. And it's definitely a lot more time consuming to the point where I don't bother as much anymore. It's definitely possible to do an entire team in a day as I've done it without any power items before.

Wiseblade

toythatkills said:
I've pre-ordered from Canada for only £28 delivered, and day minus ten :lol
But I'm only a few points away from getting the Mario Galaxy soundtrack and I get double GAME points for preordering. They've got me by the neck...

Linkified said:
Edit: Am I reading this correctly it says bring your DSLite, DSi or DSi XL but makes no mention of the original DS. This must surely be a typo, right?
It's assumed that nobody would want to be seen in public with one of those

Wiseblade

Linkified said:
Wow they are doing th event in a Game store near me on the weekend when I'm up from uni on holiday I might as well pop down. :D

Edit: Am I reading this correctly it says bring your DSLite, DSi or DSi XL but makes no mention of the original DS. This must surely be a typo, right?

Nintendo likes to pretend it doesn't exist anymore. it should still work, though.

EDIT: Beaten!

toythatkills said:
It's assumed that nobody would want to be seen in public with one of those

Haha exactly so!

Im booking hours off work so I can go to the oxford street one on the 13th, going to nab 3 arceus's and try and get level 1 of all the DP legendaries from HG/SS

Im really hopeful we will get the pikachu coloured pichu around the easter holidays as well now.

Im assuming all americans know about the special jirachi giveaway that starts this weekend for 2 weeks? Gives you access to a special poke walker course for HG/SS.

Teknoman

I dunno if anyone answered this, but will a Rotom retain its form in HG/SS wi-fi battles? Say trading lawmower rotom over to SS?

Trying to go ahead and finish up Platinum/catch all the legit mystery gift legends before SS arrives.

kyo_daikun said:
Im assuming all americans know about the special jirachi giveaway that starts this weekend for 2 weeks? Gives you access to a special poke walker course for HG/SS.

I do and I'm definitely going to grab it when I go and pick up MLB The Show on Tuesday. :D

Teknoman

Also would be awesome if we could pick what battle themes to use in wi-fi battles :lol Would make final battles in tournaments that much better.

Koomaster

Teknoman said:
I dunno if anyone answered this, but will a Rotom retain its form in HG/SS wi-fi battles? Say trading lawmower rotom over to SS?

Trying to go ahead and finish up Platinum/catch all the legit mystery gift legends before SS arrives.
Deoxys and Rotom have places in the game where you can change their forms if that is what you're asking. :)

Teknoman

Koomaster said:
Deoxys and Rotom have places in the game where you can change their forms if that is what you're asking. :)

That and if they retain their forms during a wi-fi battle against another hg/ss.

Also as far as the tournment goes, i'll probably have to move my Diamond team over because I have next to nothing EV trained on Platinum, and sure I wont on SS from a month after release :lol Especially since I tend to just train as I go, and EV reduce/train everything I want after the E4.

El Sloth

Banned
I hate it when this thread pops up dammit! I need my pokefix and this cocktease of a thread isn't helping! :(

March 14th can't come soon enough.

What makes Soul Silver the better of the two? I haven't beaten a Pokemon game since Blue, so I'm a little out of the loop, but I'm jumping back into the Pokemon craze with one of these two titles.

KeeSomething said:
What makes Soul Silver the better of the two? I haven't beaten a Pokemon game since Blue, so I'm a little out of the loop, but I'm jumping back into the Pokemon craze with one of these two titles.

Nothing inherently, it just seems to be what people prefer.

KeeSomething said:

Nothing. My theory is people just don't like the Heart name. Back when I was a kid Gold was all the rage. I'm going Silver again though just because that's what I did back then and my brother wants Gold again. :lol

Top Bottom