• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Teknoman

If only Nintendo had some kinda pokemon storage wiiware program.

I'm not trading everything over from diamond to platinum, just the few I trained/were in process of training and attaching items to them, so I can have one card to switch to Soul Silver. Its still taking forever :lol

upandaway

Teknoman said:
If only Nintendo had some kinda pokemon storage wiiware program.

I'm not trading everything over from diamond to platinum, just the few I trained/were in process of training and attaching items to them, so I can have one card to switch to Soul Silver. Its still taking forever :lol
Shouldn't you have like 10 of those?

How is that taking forever?

upandaway

dragonballjoseph said:
Quick question.
In regards to Gamestop's mystery gift with Jirachi, does anyone know if it'll still work if I use the Jirachi I got a few years back?
Mystery what who the where? Elaborate?

If you get Jirachi and trade it to your copy of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, you get access to a special route on the Pokéwalker.
I just want to know if I have to get the promotional Jirachi from Gamestop in order to gain access.

Teknoman

upandaway said:
Shouldn't you have like 10 of those?

How is that taking forever?

Unfortunately no :lol Some i'm holding back on, since I know i'll be able to catch them in SS, but some of these are spanning from Ruby and Fire Red.

Plus I was trying to steal braces and TMs from my Diamond :lol

Wow so I finally understand how everything in the Johto Safari Zone works. There's a lot of rare pokemon in there(and some usually not found in the wild), but the catch is that with some of them it takes a loooong time to get them.

Riolu - 70 days
Shelgon - 70
Gible - 100 days
Bagon 110 days

I really want a Gachomp, but why would I wait 100 days to get one? I'm most likely done with the game by then. I'm obviously gonna do a trade instead of waiting 100 days. But then why have this system? People who want it will either have a wifi connection and do a trade, and if they don't have wifi they'll most likely be done with the game when it shows up 100 days after.

Oh well if someone have a Bagon, Gible and Riolu in spare(or if you can bother to breed me some), I'll be very gratefull.

An event Jirachi would also be very welcomed. I have some nice Beldums(lv 5, Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense and Iron Head) and special Pikachus (1 with fly, 1 with surf) to trade

EzLink

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Wow so I finally understand how everything in the Johto Safari Zone works. There's a lot of rare pokemon in there(and some usually not found in the wild), but the catch is that with some of them it takes a loooong time to get them.

Riolu - 70 days
Shelgon - 70
Gible - 100 days
Bagon 110 days

So wait, what does this even mean? Riolu won't start appearing in the safari zone until 70 days after you start your game? Or is it 70 days after your first visit to the SZ? Or is it visiting the SZ 70 days in a row? I'm confused!

vid

ExtraKr1spy said:
arrrgghhhh

I want a Jirachi but I'm embarrassed to be a 25 year old going into a Gamestop for pokemans :lol

I'm 24 years old, and felt very weird going into GameStop to get my Pikachu colored Pichu, but when one of the employees saw me fumbling with my DS (the Mystery Gift signal wasn't appearing at first) and came over to help me, he said that most of the people coming in for the event were around my age.

I felt slightly better after that.

EzLink said:
So wait, what does this even mean? Riolu won't start appearing in the safari zone until 70 days after you start your game? Or is it 70 days after your first visit to the SZ? Or is it visiting the SZ 70 days in a row? I'm confused!
Hmm let me see if I can explain it.

-You can access the Safari Zone pre Elite 4. The owner has two challenges for you which unlocks more areas and custommization. Regular pokemon are available.

-Post Elite 4, you get access to various decoration blocks that you can place different place in the Safari Zone which will lure uncommon pokemon(mostly Hoenn and Sinnoh) to be there.

-Some Pokemon are time based. Meaning that they'll appear after X amount of days, from the day you unlock the decoration blocks. Gible 100 days, Riolu 70, others 10, 20, 30etc. days.

I hope that explains it. The Safari Zone was reeeeally confusing to me at the beginning, but after writing two pages of notes:)lol ) I finally got it down.

Zilch

Banned
The Gamestop I've been going to to get my mystery gift pokemon is in a subway terminal so I don't even go inside the store to download them. :D

Delio

Anytime i go for events i just sit over in the shoe store parking lot right next door to Gamestop. So glad the signal reaches over there lol.

OMG Aero

When I went to get a Shaymin from Game, I just set my DS ready to go with mystery gift before I left and just shut it and put it in my bag.
Then when I got there I opened the DS inside my bag outside the store and just pressed A to start the transfer then shut it when it was done so it just looked like I was messing around with my bag.

Balb

You guys are too embarrassed to just bring your DS inside GameStop and perform a 20 second action to get an event Pokemon? Who are you afraid of, exactly?

Zilch

Banned
Balb said:
You guys are too embarrassed to just bring your DS inside GameStop and perform a 20 second action to get an event Pokemon? Who are you afraid of, exactly?

People looking at me...

WITH THEIR EYES

Ondore

Question for you guys - I was able to obtain a homebrew app for PC that lets me use a Wonder Card from a legitimate game to create my own distribution ROM.

I live in Canada, so we only get the Wi-Fi Connection events - missed Arceus, Jirachi, the rat, et al. Would you consider these Pokemon illegitimate?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Ondore said:
Question for you guys - I was able to obtain a homebrew app for PC that lets me use a Wonder Card from a legitimate game to create my own distribution ROM.

I live in Canada, so we only get the Wi-Fi Connection events - missed Arceus, Jirachi, the rat, et al. Would you consider these Pokemon illegitimate?
Technically speaking, yes, they are not legit.

OMG Aero

Ondore said:

If it is the exact same Wonder Card given out at the event then for all intents and purposes it is same Pokemon so all the games will consider it legit. Whether you or anyone else considers it legit thought is just a matter of opinion. Personally I never use legendary Pokemon anyway, I just use them to fill my Pokedex so I would consider them legit.
What is the name of the PC program? I wouldn't mind having a look at it to see if I could use it to get event Pokemon I've missed out on.

When I go to get my event pokemon I stand in the middle of gamestop while wearing this hat:

v0zmsbk3-200.jpg

Then I shout that I am a 24 year old pokemaniac and then begin to sing the original pokemon theme song.

I just hide behind one of the racks...or get lunch at the panda express next door.

Metroid Killer said:
Oh well if someone have a Bagon, Gible and Riolu in spare(or if you can bother to breed me some), I'll be very gratefull.

An event Jirachi would also be very welcomed. I have some nice Beldums(lv 5, Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense and Iron Head) and special Pikachus (1 with fly, 1 with surf) to trade
Anyone? I'm mainly interested in a Gible(and the Jirachi obviously).

I work at a Gamestop, so if anybody really needs one and can't get there. I'd be more than happy to provide one for you. But, if you're too scared to go because you're too old, you really should just go. It's not that big of a deal.

Odious Tea said:
I work at a Gamestop, so if anybody really needs one and can't get there. I'd be more than happy to provide one for you. But, if you're too scared to go because you're too old, you really should just go. It's not that big of a deal.
For me it's more of a 'I can't really afford a plane ticket to america to get an event pokemon just because it's not in my country' problem. But otherwise I would really like to get one ;-).

Pappasman

after getting all 16 badges I kinda lost the incentive to keep playing. Especially because I can't read Japanese.

I also have a legit JP event jirachi from my import diamond.

Metroid Killer said:
For me it's more of a 'I can't really afford a plane ticket to america to get an event pokemon just because it's not in my country' problem. But otherwise I would really like to get one ;-).
Yep. You're the kind of person I wouldn't mind helping.

Pappasman said:
after getting all 16 badges I kinda lost the incentive to keep playing. Especially because I can't read Japanese.
Eventhough I probably understand around 80 of the japanese in the game, I don't see why it would play a part in losing ones incentive to play. The language plays such a smole role in the gameplay anyway.

How many watts did you manage to collect?

Edit:
Odious Tea said:
Yep. You're the kind of person I wouldn't mind helping.
If this means you are willing to get me a Jirachi, then Woohoo! That would be great as it unlocks a pokewalker stage(which I use almost as much as the maingame :D )

Koomaster

LOL. Whenever there is an event at Gamestop/TRU, I take my DS out and stand in the middle of the store and do it in front of everyone. I'm 28 and really don't care, and I haven't noticed anyone looking at me weird or wondering what I'm doing.

I've actually met other people doing the same thing at some of the Mystery Gift TRU events.

Don't be ashamed to love a great game. :)

Metroid Killer said:
Eventhough I probably understand around 80 of the japanese in the game, I don't see why it would play a part in losing ones incentive to play. The language plays such a smole role in the gameplay anyway.

How many watts did you manage to collect?

Edit:
If this means you are willing to get me a Jirachi, then Woohoo! That would be great as it unlocks a pokewalker stage(which I use almost as much as the maingame :D )
Sure will, I work tonight. So PM me and we'll work out a time that works for the both of us to make the trade.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Metroid Killer said:

I'm on the same boat. If you Odious Tea would help me on this matter, it would be great.

deadnoob

I'm starting to get excited for the NA release. I started playing Pokémon Ranger : Shadows of Almia the other day mainly to get the few pokemon that can be transferred.

I was at that age were pokemon wasn't cool by the time gold/silver came out. I got back into it with D/P and I'm ready for more!

octopusman said:
I'm more excited for the Pokewalker than the actual game
It's great, but fuck me if it doesn't take forever to get the last half of the stages in it. I've collected 20.000 watts in a span of two months, it takes 100.000 to get the last stage...

Salsa

Wow, youre awesome Odious Tea. Im in South America and i would really like one but i guess your hands are full so dont worry, focus on working :D

upandaway

deadnoob said:
I'm starting to get excited for the NA release. I started playing Pokémon Ranger : Shadows of Almia the other day mainly to get the few pokemon that can be transferred.
Which ones? I know about the original Ranger and the Manaphy egg, but other than that?

EzLink

Banned
I'm hyped as fuck too. Guys, less than two fucking weeks away! God I remember posting in this thread (or maybe it was the announcement thread) about just how long the wait was going to be. It's unreal that its almost over

I have like 12 or so more pokemon to get in platinum before i have all of the ones not available in silver. Its been holding me over well enough

I still can't believe my spring break starts on the 15th! Talk about best timing ever

Top Bottom