• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Kinda off topic, but are the Ranger Net missions on Shadows of Almia still available to play?

OMG Aero

Odious Tea said:
Sure will, I work tonight. So PM me and we'll work out a time that works for the both of us to make the trade.
Could I have one too please? I'm also in a country that they aren't doing the event in.
octopusman said:
I'm more excited for the Pokewalker than the actual game
I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes when I am walking long distances I think to myself "God damn why can't Gold and Silver be out yet? I could earning points for this walk."

back at FSU I started a pokemon battling group, and so I know tons of pokemaniacs in the early to mid twenties range. Its not so uncommon considering we grew up with those games. Plus everyone has respect for the theme song, and even those who don't play can't resist singing along.

Do not be embarrassed, be a proud fan

Linkified

How many pokemon are in this one is it like 200 or is it more been ages since I've played a pokemon game like I said I played up to third or fourth gym leader in Diamond and got bored.

Kyzer

Banned
Linkified said:
How many pokemon are in this one is it like 200 or is it more been ages since I've played a pokemon game like I said I played up to third or fourth gym leader in Diamond and got bored.

There are 493 Pokemon now.

deadnoob

upandaway said:
Which ones? I know about the original Ranger and the Manaphy egg, but other than that?

You cant get them anymore but Darkrai and riolu were available. I never transfered them over or finished the game so im just tying up loose ends.

I am so hyped for the AU release of this. I can finally play through this the way it was meant to be played (my only experience with the original game was messing around with a Japanese version for a while).

Any word on an Australian release date or will I have to import a bitch?

DarknessTear said:
Should I bother getting either of these if the last Pokemon game I played was Red for the original Gameboy when I was a kid? :lol
YES.

I envy you. If only I could erase my memories of playing through Emerald and Pearl in anticipation of the awesome ;_;

You don't know how hyped I got about this game back in the day. I never got to play it prperly.

Gravijah

DarknessTear said:
Should I bother getting either of these if the last Pokemon game I played was Red for the original Gameboy when I was a kid? :lol

Yes. You can jump in and play ANY of the mainline Pokemon games with no issue.

Linkified

EzLink said:
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/unobtainable.shtml

Here are the ones that you can't get in either version. There are also version exclusives, so if you only buy one of the games there will be an additional set of pokemon you can't get without trading

Blu_LED said:
Here is a list of Pokemon that are completely unobtainable in HG/SS right out of the box.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/unobtainable.shtml

Thanks both of you guess theres a lot. I think I'll probably end up getting to around a similiar point in diamond and giving up on soul silver :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Out of curiosity, when is the new Nintendo Dream supposed to come out with info on the ew Gen V games?

Also, I would get HG/SS, but no time+having to play it in college means I'll be waiting till the summer.

Zilch

Banned
The stream of Gen 5 news has just about dried up. I have no idea when the next bit will come out and I'd like to know that as well.

I've been getting all my ducks in a row in Pearl and Platinum in preparation for HGSS.

EzLink

Banned
Zilch said:
The stream of Gen 5 news has just about dried up

I would hardly call the reveal of two new pokemon a "stream" of info in the first place. More of a tease :p But yeah I'm excited as hell for some new info, hopefully later this month

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
pablitomm_uy said:
2f0dbg2.png
:lol :lol :lol

upandaway

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk yesssssssssssssssssss

Turns out the first actually important exam I have is on the 18th of April, and two weeks after the games come out I'm off school for good. I have all the time in the world to play now!

The only problem now is the tournaments. My exams start exactly one month after the release date, meaning exactly when the tournaments start. I sure hope you guys will have a rerun in July or something.

Ondore

OMG Aero said:
If it is the exact same Wonder Card given out at the event then for all intents and purposes it is same Pokemon so all the games will consider it legit. Whether you or anyone else considers it legit thought is just a matter of opinion. Personally I never use legendary Pokemon anyway, I just use them to fill my Pokedex so I would consider them legit.
What is the name of the PC program? I wouldn't mind having a look at it to see if I could use it to get event Pokemon I've missed out on.

I think it's something like Pokemon Wondercard Injector, but it's better known as pmwcdp.

DarknessTear said:
I was in the same situation as you. Only played Red via Pokemon Staidum for the N64 back in the days. Was madly into pokemon, but without ever owning handhelds I couldn't continue the adventure until I decided to get a DSi and Heart Gold this xmas.

Best gaming decision I've done in years!!

Magni

Just hatched two Abra eggs as part of my pre-SuperiorSilver breeding, first one was a bold female with a SpA IV of 0 (and apart from an Speed IV of 31 that came from her dad, all her IVs were under 9 :lol), and the second one a Bashful female with a SpA IV of 31. Hmmm, which should I keep :lol

Blu_LED said:
I need Arecus, Mew and Celebi.

Mew isnt too bad to get thanks to Pokemon ranch on the wii, you just dump 900 poke's on it and the girl gives you one.

Booking my hours off work now for the oxford street Arceus event!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I usually buy a strategy guide when I get a new pokemon game, but it seems that there are two available. Is Nintendo trying to nickel and dime people again with the second book being a complete pokedex?

Bentendo

Trojita said:
I usually buy a strategy guide when I get a new pokemon game, but it seems that there are two available. Is Nintendo trying to nickel and dime people again with the second book being a complete pokedex?

Ah man, not again. I thought they'd quit this after their massive, 600 (700?)+ page Platinum strategy guide.

Anyway, I checked Prima's website, and found what I expected. The first strategy guide comes out alongside the game while the second one comes out a month later. The first one is for the main game while the second one is a complete National Pokédex and post-game walkthrough (assuming the latter part because that's how it's ALWAYS been).

Wiseblade

Man, I've been on a training binge recently. I'm planning a second team to potentially use in the tournament and have already finished two Pokemon and am working on the third. I forgot how fon teambuilding can be when you're not breeding for at least 3 perfect IVs, the correct nature and ability. :lol

MagniHarvald said:
Just hatched two Abra eggs as part of my pre-SuperiorSilver breeding, first one was a bold female with a SpA IV of 0 (and apart from an Speed IV of 31 that came from her dad, all her IVs were under 9 :lol), and the second one a Bashful female with a SpA IV of 31. Hmmm, which should I keep :lol

Keep both. IIRC handing a power item to a pokemon when breeding causes the corresponding stat to always get passed over in HGSS. With a little daycare trickery you could get something really good.

Wrooooooooooooar!

Just seen that the special coloured pichu is released in europe this friday!!!!

Event runs from March 5th to 26th for european users, you download it off wifi so no store events, it unlocks a special event in HG/SS that gets you a spikey eared pichu just incase people dont know.

I cant beleive Europe will have caught up on 2 events in the space of 2 weeks, all we need now is the jirachi to be released next week and we will have it all!

Linkified

Minister of the Dog said:
Playin Soul Silver is gonna be like being a kid again =)

Oh god the memories, I remember it had some dumb legendaries that required you to track them down - and me saying 'nope'

Forkball

I'm still not sure if I should get this game. Part of me is weary about the $40 price tag, the developers not fixing the major issues I had with Diamond/Pearl, and having no way to transfer the hundreds of Pokemon I caught in Diamond into HG/SS. But part is me is like IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD WE LIVE IN POKEMON JOHTO

Linkified said:
Oh god the memories, I remember it had some dumb legendaries that required you to track them down - and me saying 'nope'

To be honest, I don't think I captured all of them in Silver nor in Gold, I think I had some friend trade them with me, so this will be the first time I ever catch the three legendary dogs by myself :lol

Delio

tim.mbp said:
Just pre-ordered Heart Gold. First time Pokemon player.

Wow your in for a treat then :). I've been counting down the days myself even though i played this in Japanese it will be nice to go though in english :)

Kyzer

Banned
I covered the johto theme song acoustic in middle school. i think its still on my old myspace actually. i would link it to you guys but theres a lot of super emo songs on there that would make me look...well...not so cool.

Kyzer said:
I covered the johto theme song acoustic in middle school. i think its still on my old myspace actually. i would link it to you guys but theres a lot of super emo songs on there that would make me look...well...not so cool.
Kyzer said:
You're posting on a video game message board about Pokemon. If you're worried about emo songs making you look uncool, you really need to let that go.

That particular Lapras surfed away long ago, believe me. It's OK though. The beauty of GAF is you don't need to be cool to impress people.

OMG Aero

kyo_daikun said:
Wrooooooooooooar!

Just seen that the special coloured pichu is released in europe this friday!!!!

Event runs from March 5th to 26th for european users, you download it off wifi so no store events, it unlocks a special event in HG/SS that gets you a spikey eared pichu just incase people dont know.

I cant beleive Europe will have caught up on 2 events in the space of 2 weeks, all we need now is the jirachi to be released next week and we will have it all!
Awesome. I wish they would do all events over Wi-Fi.

I don't supposed anyone is planning on going to Game to get Arceus in the UK this month and could get a second one for me since none of the locations are near me?

Wiseblade

OMG Aero said:
Awesome. I wish they would do all events over Wi-Fi.

I don't supposed anyone is planning on going to Game to get Arceus in the UK this month and could get a second one for me since none of the locations are near me?

I should be able to. It's not like I'd have much to do with a spare anyway.

Top Bottom