• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Echoes

Mega Man 4 is released on the Virtual Console. As much as I love Mega Man (I have the press kit for MM9 on the wall) I never played 4-5-6 due to my hatred towards the charge shot. Two bosses down and I'm enjoying it. Especially the music.

This will be a good relaxing method of gaming in opposed to the Battle Tower. I'm still pissed off to have a go again. I have a full box of perfect IVs/EV/Nature Pokemons that are ready for competitive battling, and yet I might lose interest just because of this shitty portion of the game.

*looks to his DS*

No I'm not quitting. And if I did, I'll be sure to take Palmer2 down with me :lol

Axis said:
should be cake if you have the right team!
fuuuu lost to Lances last pokemon, Gyrados. I didn't have any Lightning pokemon with me, I had two pokemon left. Dusknoir and Garchomp. I ketp spamming Lightning Punch but it would take out all of Gyrados health leaving just a sliver of hp everytime, Lance get spamming max potion -_-. I thought it was easy as pie to take it out and didn't revive any other pokemon just in case -_-

Nayishiki

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I can get online right now, if anyone's got a spare Charmander, Treecko, Chimchar or Piplup.

I've got all the other starters.

I still have your FC in my pal pad.I can give all 4 to you, I don't need anything in return.

GAF, I think I just converted an 18 year old friend into a Pokemon nerd. He'd never played as a kid due to having extremely conservative parents, who thought Pokemon was the devil, or something like that. :lol Last week, I lent him FireRed since he jokingly remarked about missing out as a kid. A week and a half later, he's beaten FireRed, purchased Heartgold, and started watching the anime in order from Episode 1 :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Though I have played every generation of Pokemon game, I officially just finished EV training for the first time ever: Lucario with 252 attack, 252 speed, and 4 defense EVs.

I keep waiting for the moment when I realize I did something horribly wrong and would have to start over. I know it's coming. I KNOW it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Sixfortyfive said:
You get used to that.
Now that I have the Lucario done, I'll concentrate on the Elite 4 (first time), but after that I'm going to try to get a decent Battle Tower team together to move over to Pearl so I can get the Force items. After that, I'll pull out one of the Pokerus pokemon I've had in a PC in Pearl for a few years now, so next time I train something I won't have to be totally dependent on a crappy Macho Brace. I imagine getting x8 EVs will go a long way further towards reducing that feeling than x2 has been.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
EV training before the E4? Madness.

Anyway, I just checked the word combinations I have to tell Primo to get the Wooper egg.

RUN AWAY
TRAIN

IRON FIST
BROTHER

Rather amusing phrases for what I assume are randomly generated word pairings.

Need to send out some PMs to tournament participants soon to make sure that everyone is still in it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, Lance's Dragonites have Fire Blast. How wonderful that is for the Mamoswine I brought in to deal with them.

::edit::
Oh, only ONE of them has it? Nice.

Weakened it a little bit before reviving the Mamoswine and getting a kill with Ice Shard's priority. Pretty much wiped the floor with the rest of what he brought out. I didn't actually even intend to beat the E4 this time, I was just running in with a preliminary team to feel them out. :lol
::/edit::

Sixfortyfive said:
EV training before the E4? Madness.
One thing I love about these games is that there is so much damn content that you can turn it on and have such a wide range of options. Hell, you could just turn on and play Voltorb Flip for a few hours.

EV training before the E4 may not be the best strategy, and I thought about that myself, but I just kind of felt like doing it at the time.

E4 Winning Team (levels listed are after the E4) -

Lucario 38
Mamoswine 47
Honchkrow 42
Luxray 52
Typholosion 41
Alakazam 41

I originally intended to not use an Alakazam, because they're just so easy to beat ass with and I've used them as pretty much my only psychic type in every Pokemon game I've ever played, but in practice this means I basically used no psychics at all for most of the game so far and just said "screw it" when I got to the E4.

Echoes

Ooh, I EV-trained Togekiss before the E4. You can't imagine the horror of fighting one hundred and twenty Tentacools... (no PKRS nor Power items :lol )

Bii

Vect said:
Can I please have a Lucky Egg if you still have some Bii? :D
Sure, do you want one or two? I'll be home after 6:00pm PST today if you want to make the trade, if not, we can do it another day or on the weekend.

And this is how pokewalkers die...

DSC_0007.jpg

DragonGirl said:
From the looks of it, "WTH Did your dog do to that thing" is probably a more appropriate question.

Edit: That's him in your avatar, isn't it? Is that the grin before or after the incident? (pure speculation)

Weird, I swear I hit edit, not quote....

MNC said:
That is the work of a motherfucking dog

This.

Left her home while I ran out to do some errands. Was gone for maybe 15 minutes. She apparently didn't like this and went all vindictive. It sort of works still.. the middle button is stuck and it still turns on. But, alas, you can only stay mad at them for so long. And no, that's not her in the picture, but she is a black lab. So essentially the same thing. :lol

This is the culprit:

25607_669384481221_25000562_38069387_5869346_n.jpg

21842_660322187131_25000562_37803918_6768197_n.jpg

A WILD POKEWALKER APPEARED!
MANOFMANDANGO SENT OUT BAILEY!
BAILEY USED CRUNCH!
IT'S A CRITICAL HIT!

Echoes

I'm going for Palmer's 2nd round. Wish me luck... Edit: FUCK Walrein. 3 successful Fissure in a row? The FUCK! If it wasn't for Primeape's Focus Sash I would have died right before Palmer2! :mad:(((( Edit: Fuck Cresselia. She has Moonlight, and she doesn't die from a Swords Danced Outrage from Garchomp. WTF.

DragonGirl said:
I have a Shiny Drowzee. Would anybody like to trade for it?
Have anything in mind for it?

Inferno313 said:
GAF, I think I just converted an 18 year old friend into a Pokemon nerd. He'd never played as a kid due to having extremely conservative parents, who thought Pokemon was the devil, or something like that. :lol Last week, I lent him FireRed since he jokingly remarked about missing out as a kid. A week and a half later, he's beaten FireRed, purchased Heartgold, and started watching the anime in order from Episode 1 :lol
But.... the anime kinda sucks...

Well, OK. The first season held promise of greatness. It didn't deliver, though. Boy, did it ever NOT deliver.

JSnake

Well, OK. The first season held promise of greatness. It didn't deliver, though. Boy, did it ever NOT deliver.

I still watch the new episode every week. It's a regular part of my life now and has been since I was little. :(

TUSR

Banned
JSnake said:
I still watch the new episode every week. It's a regular part of my life now and has been since I was little. :(
how old are you? I want to know how old watching pokemon is acceptable to :D

I know, that's what I found so funny.

The thing is, he kinda sucks, and, even worse, acts like he's a pro. He was telling me he's going to "main" a Houndoom in HeartGold. :/

Inferno313 said:
I know, that's what I found so funny.

The thing is, he kinda sucks, and, even worse, acts like he's a pro. He was telling me he's going to "main" a Houndoom in HeartGold. :/
Houndoom isn't a terrible special sweeper. He just has a glass jaw and really unfortunate typing. I know he's only popular because he looks like a demonic badass (he wouldn't get half as much attention if he lost the horns and arrow-tail), but it's not like he actually sucks in battle.

But yeah, I steer clear of that line because waaaay too many 8-year-old boys couldn't shut up about him back in the day.

Firestorm

Finally hit the Elite 4.

LV39 Typhlosion
LV39 Scyther
LV39 Slowking
LV39 Togekiss
LV30 Umbreon
LV11 Dratini that I needed to use Waterfall with

Let's see how far I get.

Firestorm said:
Finally hit the Elite 4.

LV39 Typhlosion
LV39 Scyther
LV39 Slowking
LV39 Togekiss
LV30 Umbreon
LV11 Dratini that I needed to use Waterfall with

Let's see how far I get.
Good luck. My mains (four of them, five if you include the extra Feraligatr, team filled out by a Lugia who acted as a trump card) were at around Lv 44 and I still got my arse kicked by the Champion (to be fair, I didn't bring along enough revives, so I went in with two of my pokemon fainted).

Second time around, I learnt my lesson, stocked up on revives and beat the E4 without once having to bring out the Lugia.

Houndoom isn't a terrible special sweeper. He just has a glass jaw and really unfortunate typing. I know he's only popular because he looks like a demonic badass (he wouldn't get half as much attention if he lost the horns and arrow-tail), but it's not like he actually sucks in battle.

But yeah, I steer clear of that line because waaaay too many 8-year-old boys couldn't shut up about him back in the day.

Well, by "main" he means "Almost only ever use this Pokemon in battles." I'm sure Houndoom is fine as part of a team for the quest. I had to laugh at the idea that he'll sweep the entire game with it.

Inferno313 said:
Well, by "main" he means "Almost only ever use this Pokemon in battles." I'm sure Houndoom is fine as part of a team for the quest. I had to laugh at the idea that he'll sweep the entire game with it.
He's doomed the second he comes across a Wishcash.

MidnightScott said:
You can buy a new one from Nintendo's online store for $14.99 + shipping

Which comes out to be $21 altogether BTW. I know because my first Walker didn't survive the Whirlpool attack of my washer.

Once I realized the total, I couldn't figure out why I didn't just get HG (I have SS) and give it to a friend sans the walker for $40 - 10% coupon + tax = $40

Top Bottom