• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Kyzer

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
You're posting on a video game message board about Pokemon. If you're worried about emo songs making you look uncool, you really need to let that go.

That particular Lapras surfed away long ago, believe me. It's OK though. The beauty of GAF is you don't need to be cool to impress people.
XD good point. myspace.com/winterseffect

don't judge im a grown man now

Sagitario said:
So... no special Pichu for people who don't live in USA or Canadá? :(
I hate store events...

Yup its up this friday for europeans over wifi, im assuming americans will be able to nab it as well, also the Arceus event is kicking off in the UK from next weekend.

All we are missing is the Jirachi now!

EzLink

Banned
Ugh. I just spent the last hour in the underground trying to find a shieldon or cranidos fossil. So boring, especially since I came up empty handed :/

But I am determined to get all 493 in silver so my quest must continue :(

Sagitario

kyo_daikun said:
Yup its up this friday for europeans over wifi, im assuming americans will be able to nab it as well, also the Arceus event is kicking off in the UK from next weekend.

All we are missing is the Jirachi now!

I should have specified, I'm from Latin America... so no Pichu or Arceus or anything... :(

upandaway

EzLink said:
Ugh. I just spent the last hour in the underground trying to find a shieldon or cranidos fossil. So boring, especially since I came up empty handed :/

But I am determined to get all 493 in silver so my quest must continue :(
You're in Platinum, right? Just so you know, you get either Shieldon or Cranidos based on whether your trainer ID is even or odd, so don't look for the other.

Edit: Huh, so we get a the Pichu now too? That's pretty cool. I have a spare one, then, for any of you guys (tomorrow though). Extra priority if anyone has DeepSeaTooth.

EzLink

Banned
upandaway said:
You're in Platinum, right? Just so you know, you get either Shieldon or Cranidos based on whether your trainer ID is even or odd, so don't look for the other.

Yeah, at the time I posted that I just hadn't looked up my trainer ID so I wasn't sure what I'd be getting. Luckily my ID ends in 9 so I can get Cranidos in Platinum and Shieldon in Pearl. If I ever find the damn fossils.

Sagitario said:
I should have specified, I'm from Latin America... so no Pichu or Arceus or anything... :(

Well it depends on how the carts look for wifi events, when the americans had all their wifi events the european carts could get them as well, not sure if it would work in the reverse tho but obviously its worth a try on friday to see if you can download it.

Sagitario

kyo_daikun said:
Well it depends on how the carts look for wifi events, when the americans had all their wifi events the european carts could get them as well, not sure if it would work in the reverse tho but obviously its worth a try on friday to see if you can download it.

Will do... thanks...

Stencil

Does anyone know if the PokeWalker will work in my pocket? No way in hell that things goin' on the belt... Only reason I ask is cause I remember the Pocket Pikachu only worked if it was on my belt. But those were simpler (and younger) times

Stencil said:
Does anyone know if the PokeWalker will work in my pocket? No way in hell that things goin' on the belt... Only reason I ask is cause I remember the Pocket Pikachu only worked if it was on my belt. But those were simpler (and younger) times

Well it certainly won't count how many steps you take via GPS. :lol

CoolS

Just dowloaded the special Pichu. But I already have like two boxes full of legendary/special or rare Pokémon I'll have to transfer to my copy of Heartgold :/

I love these download events. Now give me Jirachi NoE and I will be happy for the time being :D

Geez getting Battle Points in Battle Frontier takes forever.

I wanted to save up some BP for Earthquake(80BP) and Sludgebomb(80BP), but I'm pretty convinced that it's faster and easier to chain breed instead.

Losing to the very last pokemon in match 7 is really aggravating!

Zilch

Banned
You can dowload the Pikachu-colored Pichu via wi-fi now if you are in America, Europe, or Australia. No need to go to the store.

Zilch said:
You can dowload the Pikachu-colored Pichu via wi-fi now if you are in America, Europe, or Australia. No need to go to the store.
Not if you only have an imported Heart Gold ;_; (so thanks for giving me one Zilch)

Though what is the reason I can't download one? Because my game is japanese, or because it can't be downloaded to Heart Gold?

Zilch

Banned
All the details are on Serebii, but it looks like it can only be obtained in D/P/Plat.

And no problem, seems like you couldn't get one anyhow even on wifi.

So, I haven't played Pokemon in forever but I want to again. Since I've only played Blue (and a little of Yellow), I'm a little lost about all the ones that came after.

Big point is, if I get into HG/SS:
1. Can I catch them all? Earlier, someone posted about the list of unobtainable ones, but I just want to know if I can get them all somehow, which includes trading, etc.
2. If I only know Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow days, what am I in for in terms of new things to need to pay attention to, etc.?

Wiseblade

Gaming Truth said:
So, I haven't played Pokemon in forever but I want to again. Since I've only played Blue (and a little of Yellow), I'm a little lost about all the ones that came after.

Big point is, if I get into HG/SS:
1. Can I catch them all? Earlier, someone posted about the list of unobtainable ones, but I just want to know if I can get them all somehow, which includes trading, etc.
2. If I only know Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow days, what am I in for in terms of new things to need to pay attention to, etc.?

1. Pretty much. If you look online in the right places you'll find anything soon enough.

2. Wow. you're looking nearly 350 new Pokemon, 2 new types, dozens of new moves... You picked a good place to start. The Pokemon available should be pretty familiar and it should be able to pick up the new stuff really easily since the main game is a cakewalk.

nli10

Can the Walk with me pedometer be used in any way with the game does anyone know?

It'd be cool if it worked, but I'm guessing not.

tim1138

I missed the Arceus WiFi event, does anyone have any extras they wouldn't mind trading/sharing?

If so, please PM me. Thanks!

EzLink

Banned
GAF, I did it! Well, almost. I only have three pokemon left to get before I have all of the ones not available in SS all organized within two boxes in Platinum. Satisfying.

Ironically enough, the one that will be impossible for me to get without trading is Growlithe. I have Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, and will be getting Silver. He isn't available in any of those games :lol

Hopefully some kind soul though will trade me one at some point though so I can realize my dreams of pokemon mastery

i.e. that was a hint :p

I have things I could trade for it too, maybe. Depending on what it is. I have all the starters (sans squirtle), for example, that I could trade one of. Or something else.

Teknoman

Can you only enter the Canalave city inn at night? I've got the membership card (had it for awhile now) but cant go inside.

EzLink

Banned
Teknoman said:
Can you only enter the Canalave city inn at night? I've got the membership card (had it for awhile now) but cant go inside.

Have you activated the Cressilia scene (where he starts to roam)? You have to do that first.

CoolS

EzLink said:
GAF, I did it! Well, almost. I only have three pokemon left to get before I have all of the ones not available in SS all organized within two boxes in Platinum. Satisfying.

Ironically enough, the one that will be impossible for me to get without trading is Growlithe. I have Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, and will be getting Silver. He isn't available in any of those games :lol

Hopefully some kind soul though will trade me one at some point though so I can realize my dreams of pokemon mastery

i.e. that was a hint :p

I have things I could trade for it too, maybe. Depending on what it is. I have all the starters (sans squirtle), for example, that I could trade one of. Or something else.

I only could offer to trade you one after I catch one in HeartGold. Of course that might take some while ^^

Quick question... I just bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum. I've also never played a Pokemon game before. Should I just play the Platinum version and do the two new ones offer anything that would be important to me as a new player? I also get the impression... maybe wrongly that the new ones are basically the same as Platinum. Thanks for the info.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
moop2000 said:
Quick question... I just bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum. I've also never played a Pokemon game before. Should I just play the Platinum version and do the two new ones offer anything that would be important to me as a new player? I also get the impression... maybe wrongly that the new ones are basically the same as Platinum. Thanks for the info.
If you've never played a game in the series at all, either Plat or HG/SS is fine. They have different quests but they're structured similarly and most of the gameplay is the same.

Magni

I went to a GAME here in France to get Arceus on my FR Diamond and on my US Platinum. Only worked on my Diamond game =( Got the PCP in both games though. What does Arceus do when traded to HG/SS, if anything?

tim1138

MagniHarvald said:
I went to a GAME here in France to get Arceus on my FR Diamond and on my US Platinum. Only worked on my Diamond game =( Got the PCP in both games though. What does Arceus do when traded to HG/SS, if anything?

Lets you catch Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina.

upandaway

Can anyone help me here? Something is going fuck wrong with my Platinum.

Just now, I put my only Exp. Share (I say only so you will see it's not like my bag was full) on a guy, I trained the guy, I took the Exp. Share off him. Exp. Share is not in the bag anymore. It's not on the Pokemon anymore. It's just gone.

Happened to me before with a bunch of held items. At some point I was weary to save before taking the item off, I saw it disappeared again so I deleted an item from the bag then got it off the Pokemon safely. This made me think the game just didn't tell me the bag was full, so I deleted any and all items I didn't need (about 10), but then this happens with the Exp. Share.

What kind of bullshit is this?

MagniHarvald said:
Crap :( I guess that leaves little hope for me. I only have a japanese Heart Gold game.

Oh well I gotta try anyway. Though you can only get Arceus if you preorder here in Denmark, and I don't actaully want another game, so I have to figure out how to go around it. Just cancel the preorder a few days later?

Himuro said:
What game should I get Gold or Silver?
Well there aren't that many differences. The main thing is version exclusive pokemons. But as you can see on that list it really comes down to wether you want Groudon or Kyogre, as the other pokemon can easily be traded.

In HG you'll meet Ho-oh at lvl. 45 halfway through the game and Lugia at lvl. 70 later in the game, and in SS vice versa.

Then there are some minor differences at what rate you'll encounter certain pokemon in the various patches where you run into wild pokemon, but it shouldn't be enough to make one choose one game over the other.

Top Bottom