• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

upandaway

:lol They just put the hat on Kris in the manga! As if that does it!

1272536328578.jpg

Aaaand I'm done with the Safari Zone finally got the last two pokemons that are exclusive to the SF in HGSS. (Nosepass and Solrock). Damn I must have missed Boaba(or what the hell the warden's name is) calls, cause I just went into the zone thinking that that there must surely have gone ___ amount of days for that Nosepass to appear.

Slowly (but steady) getting a full pokedex. Only two more critters from the pokewalker, 3 more swarm pokemon, still got a few trade evos, and then I got a buttload of legendaries still to catch.

Anybody with Plat willing to evolve my Probopass??

Fewr said:
Aren't there some requirements that 100 or so days must pass in the safari zone to get certain pokemon?
Yes indeed, making it an absolutely crazy feature!! I've had the game since January though and I skipped out on the most extreme case being Gible.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'll be around for battles in about 40 minutes if anyone's up for it. I can also fulfill any trades that anyone on this page still needs.

OMG Aero

Sixfortyfive said:
I'll be around for battles in about 40 minutes if anyone's up for it. I can also fulfill any trades that anyone on this page still needs.
Could you help me trade a Rotom from Platinum to Silver?

DarkKyo

Was chasing Raikou last night trying to catch him.. Got him to like 5 hp, used a dusk and he shook once before breaking free and dying from accidental poison. Even when I use moves to make him stay, he flees... Do you guys have any tips for this damn dog?

Dechaios said:
Was chasing Raikou last night trying to catch him.. Got him to like 5 hp, used a dusk and he shook once before breaking free and dying from accidental poison. Even when I use moves to make him stay, he flees... Do you guys have any tips for this damn dog?

Catch a level 40ish Wobbufet in Cerulean cave.

What I did was encounter him multiple times with a fast Pokemon, too damage him and get him asleep. Once he was asleep and low on HP. I lead with Wobbufet, whose ability makes it impossible for him to flee. From there, I just chucked balls at that sucker like there was no tomorrow. :D

Dechaios said:
Split it up into multiple fights. First time just shove him to sleep, second time lock him in battle with Mean Look and use Night Shade to chip away at his health. Once he is on a tiny bit of HP just find him again, put him to sleep, locate him one final time to lock him in battle and then chuck Dusk Balls late at night.

I caught Entei with nothing but a level 15 Gastly by doing that, it's more time consuming than trying to do it all in one fight but far less frustrating.

DarkKyo

Thanks for the advice guys! I may try the ghastly thing tonight. I'd get a wobuffet in cerulean but I'm still only 7 badges in. I want this beast now lol.

vhfive

Dechaios said:
Use smeargle and have him sketch mean look, double team, ingrain, and baton pass. Mean look first, then double team 3 times, then ingrain (now he can't roar away) then baton pass to someone who can put him to sleep and whittle down his health.

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
^Hornix!

Hmm I thought Battle Hall would level your pokemon to lvl50, but apparently not. I brought in a lvl 70 pokemon, but there must be a catch, right? I guess the opponments level scale compared to yours.
Yes, they scale the levels to be lower than you. The leader will have a Poke matching your level, but that's it (as far as I'm in, 110 streak, need 170 for the 2nd battle).

As you progress you'll see a buff in the levels. In your first streak, a Lv10 Poke maybe Lv88. In your tenth, however, a Lv10 Poke might be Lv91 (considering your Poke is Lv100).

xSL4INx

Just a quick question as I'm concerned I've hit a glitch or something and it's bothering me quite a bit - every day I go to the haircut brothers to get my pokemon a haircut, but every time I go to them, they tell me they only do one a day and say their done for the day, but I haven't gotten a haircut from them at all that day, and it's been doing this for the past few days. Has something gone wrong with my game?

I should also note that I have never altered the time on my DSi, and I never experienced this problem with my Japanese copy of Soul Silver.

Echoes said:
Yes, they scale the levels to be lower than you. The leader will have a Poke matching your level, but that's it (as far as I'm in, 110 streak, need 170 for the 2nd battle).

As you progress you'll see a buff in the levels. In your first streak, a Lv10 Poke maybe Lv88. In your tenth, however, a Lv10 Poke might be Lv91 (considering your Poke is Lv100).
What is your strategy on it?

I'm using Garchomp with Focus Sash and basically plowing through with Outrage unless my other moves are 2x effective(mostly, depends on the pokemon of course)

Ice first, then Dark(damn you Weavile!), then Water(damn you Slowbro!) and then the rest in any order. Though I always run into some pokemon that resists outrage and puts me to sleep for 4 turns -_-.

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
What is your strategy on it?

I'm using Garchomp with Focus Sash and basically plowing through with Outrage unless my other moves are 2x effective(mostly, depends on the pokemon of course)

Ice first, then Dark(damn you Weavile!), then Water(damn you Slowbro!) and then the rest in any order. Though I always run into some pokemon that resists outrage and puts me to sleep for 4 turns -_-.
First couple of matches (Ice, Dark, Water, Ghost -You don't want Froslass-) with Yache Berry. Ice and Dark can be a bitch because Weavile is a fucking fuck. From there, it depends solely on power (and sometimes luck). Want my advice? Your Garchomp will rarely die from a non-STABed Ice attack (Lickilicky got me down to 20HP >.>). Remove the Sash/Berry, and equip yourself with a Focus Band. Your Chomp will have 50% more power. Imagine that now. I OHKO almost everything, except for those bulky Pokemons like Likilicky.

Nayishiki

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I don't suppose anyone can hook a GAFer up with some pokerus?

I can if you still need it. I think I still have you in my pal pad.

Metroid Killer said:
Anybody with Plat willing to evolve my Probopass??

I can if you still need it. My Platinum Fc is 1505 7817 2308.

Echoes

Note to self: NEVER use moves below 100%-accuracy in any of the Battle Frontier facilities. Stone Edge missed 5 fucking times against a Pidgey. Thank god I used a PP Up on this move.

Screw hitting for Super-Effective damage, I'm Outraging them to death with my Choice Band.

Oh and, as late as it is, here's my Palmer2 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QODgEkWKbnQ

Pet Peeve: I don't get why the runners in Gold and Silver are called dogs when they are clearly a Lion, a Tiger, and a Panther. Legendary Cats.

DragonGirl said:
Pet Peeve: I don't get why the runners in Gold and Silver are called dogs when they are clearly a Lion, a Tiger, and a Panther. Legendary Cats.
They really aren't a lion, tiger, or panther. They also exhibit dog like characteristics too.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
They really aren't a lion, tiger, or panther. They also exhibit dog like characteristics too.

They look more feline than canine and their individual forms most resemble the animals I named, with only Suicune, due to its longer muzzle, looking dog like.

Edit: Raikou is totally a saber-toothed tiger (as in modern tiger with saber teeth.) Entei is less cat or dog like but the short muzzle and the mane are leonine. Suicune I'll give you as having the most dog like traits. Its carriage and muzzle are more canine.

So ultimately we have a very strongly tiger-like one, one that is more generic but with lion-like characteristics, and one that is more vaguely dog like. I still don't get calling them the 3 legendary dogs.

DragonGirl said:
They look more feline than canine and their individual forms most resemble the animals I named, with only Suicune, due to its longer muzzle, looking dog like.

Edit: Raikou is totally a saber-toothed tiger (as in modern tiger with saber teeth.) Entei is less cat or dog like but the short muzzle and the mane are leonine. Suicune I'll give you as having the most dog like traits. Its carriage and muzzle are more canine.

So ultimately we have a very strongly tiger-like one, one that is more generic but with lion-like characteristics, and one that is more vaguely dog like. I still don't get calling them the 3 legendary dogs.
Colloquialism. You could also call them the Legendary Beasts since they are just quadruped mammals.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Colloquialism. You could also call them the Legendary Beasts since they are just quadruped mammals.

If you want to get that generic, you've just included a large chunk of all pokemon. Nine tails is not fox-like, it's just a beast. Ponyta is not horse-like, it's just a beast. Tauros is not bull-like...etc.

Actually I do get what you mean, and I have heard them referred to as the Legendary Beasts and I'm fine with that. My pet peeve is specifically aimed at calling them the legendary dogs which I hear quite a bit.

cory said:
Still the best trio IMO.

I also find them more appealing than the more...abstract looking pokemon, and the designs for the bird trio were disappointingly bland. I prefer pokemon that resemble animals rather than objects in general...or body parts for that matter (looking at you nose-thing)

DragonGirl said:
If you want to get that generic, you've just included a large chunk of all pokemon. Nine tails is not fox-like, it's just a beast. Ponyta is not horse-like, it's just a beast. Tauros is not bull-like...etc.

Actually I do get what you mean, and I have heard them referred to as the Legendary Beasts and I'm fine with that. My pet peeve is specifically aimed at calling them the legendary dogs which I hear quite a bit.
I think you're thinking about it a bit too much. :lol

Sagitario

Sagitario said:
Is there any penalty for changing the DS clock/date?

Also, if I want to breed 2 modest Eevee, what do I need? I have a non-modest Eevee only...

Anyone?

Azure Phoenix said:
Sort of. If you change the date basically every NPC that has a date/time based schedule won't change, which means no seals, no haircut, no bargain stall, no bug tournament, no apricorn balls etcetera etcetera.

It all goes back to normal if you let a day pass naturally though.

So I won't be able to get cheap items (a store in Goldenrod sell cheap items on Monday from 4am (?) to 10am) o re-battle trainers/leaders if I change the clock, I mean, I'd have to wait anyway?

Firestorm

DragonGirl said:
Because the term was established by us when we were 12?

OMG Aero

Don't suppose anyone is around who can help me trade a Rotom from Platinum to Silver?
Sagitario said:
As far as I can tell, if you change the clock it locks you out of all time based events for one day then they resume as normal.
And if you want a modest Eevee and have a non-modest Eevee then you need to breed it with a Modest Ditto holding an everstone. It won't guarantee a modest Eevee but you'll have greater chances.

cory

Banned
Blue's Arcanine is ridic. It doesn't help that I only have 2 Pokémon up to level with it and neither do super-effective damage to it.

beje

Banned
I have 10 Porygon eggs made with a japanese Ditto (1/2048 chance of shiny) up for grabs. I don't want anything specific for them, anything you consider interesting will do (as long as it's not hacked)

4512-2935-6534

OMG Aero said:
Don't suppose anyone is around who can help me trade a Rotom from Platinum to Silver?

As far as I can tell, if you change the clock it locks you out of all time based events for one day then they resume as normal.
And if you want a modest Eevee and have a non-modest Eevee then you need to breed it with a Modest Ditto holding an everstone. It won't guarantee a modest Eevee but you'll have greater chances.
I can help you move Rotom in about 2 hours if you haven't found anyone by then.

Echoes

Garchomp is a beast. Got my gold print by defeating Argenta after 170 battles.

Lol I have 250 BP :lol so awesome. Will tackle that rental one now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
I have 10 Porygon eggs made with a japanese Ditto (1/2048 chance of shiny) up for grabs. I don't want anything specific for them, anything you consider interesting will do (as long as it's not hacked)

4512-2935-6534

Ooh I could really use a Porygon (only way to get him in-game is with Game Corner, right?)

I dunno what you'd find interesting... do you need any of the starters/version exclusives? And evolution stone?

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
Ooh I could really use a Porygon (only way to get him in-game is with Game Corner, right?)

I dunno what you'd find interesting... do you need any of the starters/version exclusives? And evolution stone?

Anything not-lame or easily found in the wild will do. I will leave it at your choice (though I would appreciate gen 3 and 4 starters)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
Anything not-lame or easily found in the wild will do. I will leave it at your choice (though I would appreciate gen 3 and 4 starters)

Ok then! Give me like 20 minutes.

0560 - 9071 - 3586

Top Bottom