• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

So I just tried to evolve my level 1 Snorunt into a Froslass and it wanted to try and learn Double Team and Astonish which are starter moves for Froslass. Does anyone know why it did this, yet when I evolved my level 21 Gloom into Bellossom it didn't learn any of it's starter moves?

Edit: Lol, just found that my Timid Froslass has 0 Speed IVs. Took me over 20 failed eggs to get a Timid one and then it's completely worthless >_>

OMG Aero

Azure Phoenix said:
So I just tried to evolve my level 1 Snorunt into a Froslass and it wanted to try and learn Double Team and Astonish which are starter moves for Froslass. Does anyone know why it did this, yet when I evolved my level 21 Gloom into Bellossom it didn't learn any of it's starter moves?

Edit: Lol, just found that my Timid Froslass has 0 Speed IVs. Took me over 20 failed eggs to get a Timid one and then it's completely worthless >_>
Froslass learns Double Team and Astonish at levels 4 and 10 respectively so those are level up moves.
The only way for a Pokemon to get its starter moves are either by hatching with them or through heart scales.

OMG Aero said:
Froslass learns Double Team and Astonish at levels 4 and 10 respectively so those are level up moves.
The only way for a Pokemon to get its starter moves are either by hatching with them or through heart scales.
But the Froslass is level 1 as well, all I did was use a Dawn Stone on a level 1 Snorunt and it tried to learn those two straight after the evolution.

Echoes

What's the highest anyone reached in Battle Hall?

I'm currently at 180. So fucking afraid of Bug, Steel, and Psychic because Bronzong and/or Scizor would send me to doomsville.

Razer Reds

Neo Member
I'm available to accept challenges for the monotype challenge. My FC is 5199-4615-2065 (HeartGold) and my type is Steel. More info in the OP of the online thread.

Firestorm

Echoes said:
What's the highest anyone reached in Battle Hall?

I'm currently at 180. So fucking afraid of Bug, Steel, and Psychic because Bronzong and/or Scizor would send me to doomsville.
Smogon's current record holder is Jumpman16 with 260.

With 185 you are at 20th place =P

Echoes

Firestorm said:
Smogon's current record holder is Jumpman16 with 260.

With 185 you are at 20th place =P
The coolest thing about GAF is that people post and respond with good intentions. 1st post there with two pics (now three) and I'm being questioned. I'm not even in the top ten.

Anyway, I just battled my friend with the Double Team Sand Veil strategy. Won by a margin. Will YT it later.

I'll never depend on pure luck to win in any battle after this. What's funny is that I'm using the best of the best while he's using stuff like Electrode and Relicanth. Not that they suck, but he's trying hard to come up with something new. I still haven't seen his strategy as it involves Cradily and he didn't do anything with it.

Played again with the same team and I lost (he predicted well). Played 3rd time with different pokes and I lost again.

Had so much fun.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, sorry if this is noobish, but I keep dabbling in and out of HG and am progressing too slow to really keep up with much of this discussion and advanced help on sites like Celebii.

But every time I check this thread there is speak of shiny this and shiny that, and I am curious... if you happen to own a shiny Pokemon, does its Pokedex graphic appear slightly different, or when it pops out for battle? Is there like a 'shiny' sparkle just after they come out of the Pokeball?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
B-Genius said:
Ok, sorry if this is noobish, but I keep dabbling in and out of HG and am progressing too slow to really keep up with much of this discussion and advanced help on sites like Celebii.

But every time I check this thread there is speak of shiny this and shiny that, and I am curious... if you happen to own a shiny Pokemon, does its Pokedex graphic appear slightly different, or when it pops out for battle? Is there like a 'shiny' sparkle just after they come out of the Pokeball?

Have you gotten to Mahogany Town/Lake of Rage? The Red Gyarados is a shiny. Pokedex sprite is the same, all other sprites are different and theres a sparkly animation whenever is comes out of a Pokeball.

Firestorm

Echoes said:
The coolest thing about GAF is that people post and respond with good intentions. 1st post there with two pics (now three) and I'm being questioned. I'm not even in the top ten.

Anyway, I just battled my friend with the Double Team Sand Veil strategy. Won by a margin. Will YT it later.

I'll never depend on pure luck to win in any battle after this. What's funny is that I'm using the best of the best while he's using stuff like Electrode and Relicanth. Not that they suck, but he's trying hard to come up with something new. I still haven't seen his strategy as it involves Cradily and he didn't do anything with it.

Played again with the same team and I lost (he predicted well). Played 3rd time with different pokes and I lost again.

Had so much fun.
You're being questioned by one moron who makes terrible posts. Don't judge Smogon based off that dude. It'd be like judging GAF off random Nintendo Defense Force member.

Kyzer

Banned
Firestorm said:
You're being questioned by one moron who makes terrible posts. Don't judge Smogon based off that dude. It'd be like judging GAF off random Nintendo Defense Force member.

Quoted for truth.

So I'm EV training/grinding and it seems much more bearable in HG than in previous entries, although I can't put my finger on why. I guess the graphics just run more smoothly or something?

I'm building an all out attack team right now using not so commonly used pokemon (no legendaries, starters, or popularly used pokemon aside from Garchomp as I wanted a dragon and there isn't really a not commonly used dragon). Once it's finished and I've deemed it's battle worthy I'll put my friend code up for any challengers. Nice to see there's a lot of people on here duking it out. I've yet to come across any shiny's in SS aside from the red Gyarados :( Wish there was the pokeradar like in D/P so I could chain for em. I have a shiny Golduck from doing that in Diamond.

Mush

King Chozo said:
(no legendaries, starters, or popularly used pokemon aside from Garchomp as I wanted a dragon and there isn't really a not commonly used dragon).
altariaavatar-1.png

Caught Ho-oh with a Nest Ball. Blinding it with Eevee's Sand-Attack when it was sleeping helped a lot.

Breeding can be addictive. Biking up and down Goldenrod with 5 Eggs is such a grind though.

Jin34

Lone_Prodigy said:
Caught Ho-oh with a Nest Ball. Blinding it with Eevee's Sand-Attack when it was sleeping helped a lot.

Breeding can be addictive. Biking up and down Goldenrod with 5 Eggs is such a grind though.

Go to Cycling road, its easier there.

Anyone willing to hatch 4 eggs for me? It's so I can get the traded+foreign boost once I traded the pokemon back. You can get pretty much any item or pokemon from me as a thanks. :)

Metroid Killer (HeartGold) 5156-4291-4002

Firestorm

Lone_Prodigy said:

Biking up and down is the perfect thing to do while watching the Canucks.

Sagitario

Hatch = just walking around with the eggs, right? Sure, I think I can do it (I just got a Magby).

If you can include another Lucky Egg plus some other item you think it can be helpful/useful, that would be great!

Q: I just defeated Whitney in Goldenrod, how long do I have to wait to get the Exp. Share? I want one of those...

Edit: I'm online right now, Silver, 0260 3109 3009.

Sagitario said:
Hatch = just walking around with the eggs, right? Sure, I think I can do it (I just got a Magby).

If you can include another Lucky Egg plus some other item you think it can be helpful/useful, that would be great!

Q: I just defeated Whitney in Goldenrod, how long do I have to wait to get the Exp. Share? I want one of those...

Edit: I'm online right now, Silver, 0260 3109 3009.
Coming online in two mins. I hope you don't mind the wait.

You can get the exp share around the 6th gym I think.

Edit: Ok online now. I can't attatch items on eggs, so I'll just give you the items once we trade the hatched pokemon back again.

Hmm you need to change from standby. Have talked to the pc?

Edit: Ok thanks, I've attatched the items so you just let me know once the eggs are hatched and you are ready to trade again.

Sagitario said:
I'm biking in Goldenrod right now. I'll let you know.
What Pokémon are in those eggs? Just curious :p
Actually it's a secret. I'm gonna use it for the competion here on neogaf, so instead of asking if people have a ____pokemon(so everybody in the thread will know what pokemon I'm gonna use), then I just breed them myself and let one member hatch them :D

Hopefully one of them will have the right nature.

Edit: Awesome! Thanks for your help!!

Sagitario

3 of 4 done...

Edit: and it's done... to the Wi-Fi room... :D

Edit 2: Thank you! I hope you got the natures you wanted! If you get another extra Lucky Eggs or need some help hatching, let me know :)

It's probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a Pokemon with Nasty Plot that could breed it on to a Misdreavus eventually. Doesn't matter what it is or it's level, just so long as it could be passed on to Misdreavus somehow.

I haven't got any amazing to trade in return, but I've got the Johto/Kanto starters, a bunch of the HG/SS exclusives, some of the later Pokewalker stuff (Feebas, Snorunt) and a few evolutionary stones (Moon, Sun, Fire) and Heart Scales.

Azure Phoenix said:
It's probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a Pokemon with Nasty Plot that could breed it on to a Misdreavus eventually. Doesn't matter what it is or it's level, just so long as it could be passed on to Misdreavus somehow.
Spiritomb is the only one capable of doing that. It learns Nasty Plot at lvl 37(or something), but I could also just breed you a misdreavus with Nasty Plot instead...

Metroid Killer said:
Spiritomb is the only one capable of doing that. It learns Nasty Plot at lvl 37(or something), but I could also just breed you a misdreavus with Nasty Plot instead...
I'm not completely up on the mechanics of breeding so bear with me a moment. If I had a male Misdreavus with Nasty Plot would it then be able to pass it on to it's offspring if I bred it with a Ditto? Or would it be better to just get a level 1 male Spiritomb that has Nasty Plot passed down from it's parents and then breed it with a Misdreavus?

I'm trying to get a Timid female Misdreavus with Nasty Plot you see, and I prefer to have everything under my own trainer ID so I can change the nicknames.

Azure Phoenix said:
I'm not completely up on the mechanics of breeding so bear with me a moment. If I had a male Misdreavus with Nasty Plot would it then be able to pass it on to it's offspring if I bred it with a Ditto? Or would it be better to just get a level 1 male Spiritomb that has Nasty Plot passed down from it's parents and then breed it with a Misdreavus?

I'm trying to get a Timid female Misdreavus with Nasty Plot you see, and I prefer to have everything under my own trainer ID so I can change the nicknames.
The breeding stuff always manage to confuse me as well. I paired a Mismagius(timid with everstone and knows Nasty Plot) together with a Ditto(timid with everstone). I stopped at 3 eggs, unfortunately none of the misdreavus were timid, but at least they were all male and they all have nasty plot, so you can pass it on to a Misdreavus with Timid nature.

I'll be able to trade in 5 mins(doing a battle in Battle Hall).

Metroid Killer said:
The breeding stuff always manage to confuse me as well. I paired a Mismagius(timid with everstone and knows Nasty Plot) together with a Ditto(timid with everstone). I stopped at 3 eggs, unfortunately none of the misdreavus were timid, but at least they were all male and they all have nasty plot, so you can pass it on to a Misdreavus with Timid nature.

I'll be able to trade in 5 mins(doing a battle in Battle Hall).

Oh thank you very much, I already have a Timid Ditto so nature isn't an issue, it's just trying to get the move passed on in the first place. I just wasn't sure if egg moves could be passed down or if they had to come directly from the relevant parents (Misdreavus and Spiritomb in this instance).

Is there any Pokemon that you still need which I might have? I'm afraid I haven't got any spare TMs aside from the purchaseable Goldenrod Department Store ones.

Azure Phoenix said:
Oh thank you very much, I already have a Timid Ditto so nature isn't an issue, it's just trying to get the move passed on in the first place. I just wasn't sure if egg moves could be passed down or if they had to come directly from the relevant parents (Misdreavus and Spiritomb in this instance).

Is there any Pokemon that you still need which I might have? I'm afraid I haven't got any spare TMs aside from the purchaseable Goldenrod Department Store ones.
Nah just give me some random trash, I'm not currently in need of anything really.

Getting online now.

One of these days I'm going to be able to pay you back for all these Pokemon and items you keep on gifting me Metroid. If there is ever anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and I put a Thunder TM on that Relaxed Ditto, it's not much but hopefully they might be of some use to you.

Azure Phoenix said:
One of these days I'm going to be able to pay you back for all these Pokemon and items you keep on gifting me Metroid. If there is ever anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and I put a Thunder TM on that Relaxed Ditto, it's not much but hopefully they might be of some use to you.
Heh sure :) Thanks for the thunder.

Have fun with your future Mismagius, it's probably my favorite pokemon, and is quite a force to be reckoned with.

Also remember that the misdreavus I gave you is a Japanese Misdreavus which means when you breed it together with an American pokemon the everstone trick wont work. So if you wanna breed a perfect timid Misdreavus: 1) Breed the Misdreavus from me with any Ditto with the purpose to get an American Male Misdreavus with Nasty Plot. Then with this Misdreavus you can pair it together with a Timid Ditto and the everstone trick will work.

/breeding simulation rpg.

Metroid Killer said:
Also remember that the misdreavus I gave you is a Japanese Misdreavus which means when you breed it together with an American pokemon the everstone trick wont work. So if you wanna breed a perfect timid Misdreavus: 1) Breed the Misdreavus from me with any Ditto with the purpose to get an American Male Misdreavus with Nasty Plot. Then with this Misdreavus you can pair it together with a Timid Ditto and the everstone trick will work.

Haha, yeah I found that out the hard way when trying to get a Timid Snorunt from the one you gave me yesterday. 20 eggs and much shouting later I finally checked Bulbapedia to find out why it wouldn't pass the nature on XD

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So for some reason even though I already have a Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-Oh and Lugia in Pearl there's some strange urge to go through the turmoil of catching them all over again in HeartGold. My god was Ho-Oh's music good. :D

It's a shame Exploud can't learn anything useful to help catching the beasts with though else his Soundproof would make it much easier to catch Raikou and Entei. Might try using Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag instead.

Axis

yay time for me to ask for some crap to fill my dex

need seviper, tropius, duskull, kecleon andddd gulpin

any 4th gen pokes as well *shrug* if i have whatever you need you can have it!

fuuuck me man... lost the 178th battle in Battle Hall... That's it!! I'm never gonna touch Battle Hall again!!

I can get you those except for gulpin axis, can you help me hatch some eggs for me? (4 eggs)

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
fuuuck me man... lost the 178th battle in Battle Hall... That's it!! I'm never gonna touch Battle Hall again!!

I can get you those except for gulpin axis, can you help me hatch some eggs for me? (4 eggs)

yessir, i can help you hatch however many you need.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I need to resume my Magikarp Battle Hall attempt.

I wonder how much ridiculous luck I'd need to make it to 50...

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Ok getting online with 4 eggs now, trade me some trash pokemon. Then when we trade back the hatched pokemon to me, I'll get you the desired pokemon :)

online and waiting whenever you're ready

Top Bottom