• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

SolarPowered said:
I've just IV bred all of the necessary(I've got some I'd like to try!) pokemon and I just need a couple of TM's to be on my way. I'm looking for three Earthquakes, at least 1 thunder wave and one stealth rock.

I've got options on what I can offer.

fire stones
thunder stones
Moon stone
Everstone
Multiple heart scales
Dusk stones
Dawn stones
Sun stones
Leaf stones
Electirizer

TM:
Flamethrower
Sword dance
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Substitute
U-turn

EV reducing berries:
Any of them if you need them.
You can't just buy Stealth Rock in Celadon's gym?

viciouskillersquirrel said:
You can't just buy Stealth Rock in Celadon's gym?
I had no idea. I've been so busy breeding that I haven't gotten that far into Kanto yet. I'll definitely move into Kanto in a big way starting on Monday though.:lol
Jin34 said:
Solarpowered, I can give you those all of those, pretty much just wan heart scales in exchange.
I could get ready for a trade right now if you're game. Heart scales on every one of my pokes.

Jin34

SolarPowered said:
I had no idea. I've been so busy breeding that I haven't gotten that far into Kanto yet. I'll definitely move into Kanto in a big way starting on Monday though.:lol

I could get ready for a trade right now if you're game. Heart scales on every one of my pokes.

Alright FC 4082 8134 1574. Going to get the TMs now.

Jin34

SolarPowered said:
My platinum FC: 0646 8089 9860

I'm putting five Heart scales in my party.

I got 2 thunder waves so if you got another spare scale put it in. Thats 3 earthquakes, 2 thunder waves and 1 stealth rock.

Jin34

Alright SixFortyFive I need your help with some super Dittos. Adamant, Modest, Jolly, Timid, Impish and Bold. Adamant and Modest have priority and impish and bold can be subbed for Relaxed and/or Sassy if you don't have them.

@SolarPowered: No problem, and thanks for the Scales, those things are a pita to find in HG/SS.

Aad

Hi guys, I've finally defeated Red, there's so much left to do, any suggestions on where to go from here?

Jin34

Get one of Gen I starters from Prof. Oak then go to Silph Co. and talk to Steven to get 1 of the Gen III starters. Afterwards go after Groudon/Kyogre depending on your game.

Hmm so can you trade from D/P to HG/SS? because if so id be willing to offer up my palkia for a turtwig or piplup if you are willing to bear with me in figuring out how to trade and get my friend code and all of that.

Blu_LED said:
Is Hype Beam worth teaching to Gyardos? Right now mine has Bite, Dragon Pulse, Surf and Waterfall.
Ice fang is probably way more useful. If you can get to a move deleter you can get rid of surf(waterfall is much better on a physical attacker like Gyarados). Bite is great to have if you want to avoid trouble with psychics or ghosts so I wouldn't get rid of that one.
kafka rock opera said:
Hmm so can you trade from D/P to HG/SS? because if so id be willing to offer up my palkia for a turtwig or piplup if you are willing to bear with me in figuring out how to trade and get my friend code and all of that.
Yeah, you should be able to. I trade between my platinum cart and my SS cart all the time. If you still need the piplup let me know.
Axis said:
i love you guys
<3

xSL4INx

Does anyone need any help with trading Pokemon/TM's, or need anything specific? I'm up for a few hours and can help out. If anyone is up for battles (preferably doubles) I'm up for it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Jin34 said:
Alright SixFortyFive I need your help with some super Dittos. Adamant, Modest, Jolly, Timid, Impish and Bold. Adamant and Modest have priority and impish and bold can be subbed for Relaxed and/or Sassy if you don't have them.
I'm at work so it would have to wait until at least tomorrow. I might also be busy either tomorrow or Saturday though.

Blu_LED said:
Is Hype Beam worth teaching to Gyardos? Right now mine has Bite, Dragon Pulse, Surf and Waterfall.
Special moves (Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, Surf) are kind of a waste on Gyarados.

xSL4INx said:
Does anyone need any help with trading Pokemon/TM's, or need anything specific? I'm up for a few hours and can help out. If anyone is up for battles (preferably doubles) I'm up for it.
I'm always up for a doubles match when available.

Jin34

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm at work so it would have to wait until at least tomorrow. I might also be busy either tomorrow or Saturday though.

No problem man, I take it you live in Europe from the time you are working. Just make a post whenever you have time and I'll keep my eye out on the thread.

Also does anyone know of anyway to affect the IVs or Nature of the baby Dialga, Palkia or Girtatina you get?

xSL4INx

Sixfortyfive said:

Special moves (Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, Surf) are kind of a waste on Gyarados.

I'm always up for a doubles match when available.

I may be ready again here in a little bit, I'll post again.

Are you going to any of the VGC's 645?

Man I'm close at giving up on getting a Sableye swarm. I think I've had access to swarms since February, and not once have I had a Sableye swarm, but instead 100s of qwillfish and ralts swarms.

Oh well today is another Chansey swarm, got 4 lucky eggs in less than 10 mins, that's a new record :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Double Battle thoughts:

Shedinja + Mew combo. Shedinja knows Substitute; Mew knows Transform. Mew Transforms into Shedinja, copying Shedinja's myriad of immunities but maintaining its original HP, allowing the pseudo-Shedinja to actually use Substitute.

Hilarity potential is decent...

Jin34 said:
No problem man, I take it you live in Europe from the time you are working. Just make a post whenever you have time and I'll keep my eye out on the thread.

Also does anyone know of anyway to affect the IVs or Nature of the baby Dialga, Palkia or Girtatina you get?
I just work night shift from 11PM-7AM most days of the week.

Only way to influence gift Pokemon stats is via RNG abuse. Synchronize doesn't work on them.

xSL4INx said:
Are you going to any of the VGC's 645?
Probably not. Maybe if I find somebody to carpool to Indy. Not really motivated enough to get around to doing that though.

Speaking of which:

Wiseblade said:
I might have to now. I would have thought that with two legendaries allowed, Kyogre powered rain dance teams would run rampant. What with specced water spout killing virtually everything...
Kyogre is everywhere too, but it actually hasn't been that uncommon to see two weather-inducers on the same team so far.

VGC 2010 battle videos

Rocksteady33

Well I beat the Elite Four. About time!

I had a team of about all level 42.

469.png
473.png
181.png
186.png
154.png
97.png

Slermy

Anyone willing to give advice about a Rotom I'd like to put together?

He's Timid and I want to run Pain Split and Endure.
I'm having touble with the other two slots. I'm currently thinking Flash, and Discharge. Though Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are temping as well as well. Thoughts?

Mush

Slermy said:

I'm having touble with the other two slots. I'm currently thinking Flash, and Discharge. Though Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are temping as well as well. Thoughts?
Shadow Ball and T-Bolt are your bread and butter. For support, Will-o-wisp, Confuse Ray, and Pain Split. Flash is pretty iffy. Mix and match as you please. (I'm assuming this is Normal Forme?)

Slermy said:

If you want to spread status go with discharge(30% paralysis chance) and either toxic, will'o wisp, or confuse ray. If you want a special attacker go with thunderbolt and shadow ball.

Wichu

Lone_Prodigy said:
EDIT: whoo, that was close. Seeded Kyogre to counteract his Aqua Ring, only to realize Leech Seed drained 1/8 while AR restored 1/16. With a sliver of HP left I tossed a Dusk Ball and nabbed him. Now to wait for my brother to get Groudon so I can get Rayquaza.
The trick is to get it to 11HP remaining, then switch in Tyranitar/Hippowdon/Abomasnow. The catch rates at 11HP are mostly the same as at 1HP (unless you use Heavy Ball). The hail/sandstorm cancels Aqua Ring exactly.
11HP can be gotten through Endeavor, or False Swipe + Oran Berry.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can't believe I'm still so into this game. *Knock on wood*

I'm actually kinda rushing through SMG2 so I can get back to it full time. :lol Since Sunday I've just been doing the bare minimum "dailies" for myself I posted a while back, (seals, trendy sayings, bug contests, apricorns/balls, berries, Buena's password, and lottery.)

Snorlax is about driving me to insanity at the moment, I just can't catch the damn thing because he laughs off the small amount of damage I can cause (I don't have any fighting moves due to the Brick Break TM only being available at the Battle Frontier) and proceeds to sweep my entire team.

Edit: Finally, finally caught the chunky teddy bear. Forget all my high level Pokemon, in the end a lvl 30 Stantler used for stealing items was the MVP. Hypnosis worked every time, Thief stole his Leftovers to prevent HP recovery and Stomp chipped away at it's HP until it was red. 2 Heavy Balls and it was caught.

I can see how one can "burn out" at this game: once you've beaten the main storyline and caught the legendaries, there isn't THAT much more to do. The replay value, of course, is in "catching them all", training to level 100, Wi-fi, etc.

About a week or so ago I got a little tired of this game because I had already trained a bunch of strong Pokes to level 50 and due to the rarity of the best TM's I was stuck with inferior movesets. Plus the breeding was going badly. So I went on Smogon and checked out some teams I could put together (using learned/bred moves as much as possible) and got right back into it.

Also helps that I have Gym Leader rematches to keep my training/money going instead of battling the E4 over and over. And the "dailies" mean I have to force myself to wake up and turn on the DS before 10am. :lol

Finally used my Master Ball on Latias so I've gotten all the Legendaries except Rayquaza.

My list of dailies: swarm, Buena, lottery, GTS, Apricorns, seals, Trainer House (for BP), Gym Leader rematches, berry pots. *goes to check out trendy sayings*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah right, the swarms, I check that out to, but since there's only one Pokemon left it's lower on my priorities.

I'm in full blown berry growing mode, just bought a bunch of mulch for the first time yesterday. The process for that is clumsy though. >_>

Top Bottom